Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks
Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 21st, 2012, 01:16 PM
qaz015393
pokemon revenge developer

Advertise here
Sweet man! Great job on releasing Alpha 2.1.5! grabbing it now. Can't wait to play this and test out the new features.

POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

3Ds Fc= 0619-4312-9526 IgN is Near My trade shop is here
Old April 21st, 2012, 08:05 PM
mostactop
Beginning Trainer

how to complete the 1st Team Rocket quest?...it needs 20 second to do it, but when I return it say I take 274 sec?...I don get it..
Old April 21st, 2012, 11:16 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Wow, already? o.O
This was too quick, Mitchel :D
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old April 21st, 2012, 11:32 PM

Sorry for posting again...But I have to say that there's a huge bug in the Tomb of Kha'laba...After I leave the chamber where Morris is and get the ancient chart in the next chamber,I cannot go back anymore!You must put the entrance event in a wrong spot!
Hacks I support:

Hacks I'm working on:

Old April 22nd, 2012, 01:12 AM
mitchel1
Rom-hacker/scripter

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by mostactop View Post
how to complete the 1st Team Rocket quest?...it needs 20 second to do it, but when I return it say I take 274 sec?...I don get it..
Hmm, that's awkward. Did you hold down the space bar during this event? This causes to increase the counting.
If this isn't the solution, did this happend after the package delevery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Wow, already? o.O
This was too quick, Mitchel :D
Yeah, ash. And this gave a lot of problems. On the other hand is this a good excuse to release tonight a hot fix what solves the recent found bugs. I hope more people will find some so they can be fixed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1158 View Post
Sorry for posting again...But I have to say that there's a huge bug in the Tomb of Kha'laba...After I leave the chamber where Morris is and get the ancient chart in the next chamber,I cannot go back anymore!You must put the entrance event in a wrong spot!
Thanks for reporting, please continue finding (or not) bugs! These will be immediately solved tonight. Then I'll release HOTFIX alpha 2.2.6!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaz015393 View Post
Sweet man! Great job on releasing Alpha 2.1.5! grabbing it now. Can't wait to play this and test out the new features.
Thanks qaz!

Old April 22nd, 2012, 05:10 AM
blackmage856

Downloading now
Can pokemon like Graveller now evolve without trades ?

Old April 22nd, 2012, 01:29 PM
mitchel1
Rom-hacker/scripter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmage856 View Post
Downloading now ^^
Can pokemon like Graveller now evolve without trades ? :)
Great to hear that, have a great journey trough the Trion Region!
Erhm, no, not yet. Might this will be implemented in the future.

Old April 22nd, 2012, 02:42 PM
xxScarletDragonxx
Aestivalis Pilot

Nature: Lax
Send a message via AIM to xxScarletDragonxx Send a message via Skype™ to xxScarletDragonxx
Arrrghh...it says it's a stupid .ups file! I swear, I can never do these right. Lol -___-;

I really love Morty you guys.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 03:57 PM
Dylanrockin
Mysterious Trainer

Nature: Timid
Well I just finished the entire thing after I beat the 2nd Gym Leader. I am thinking about doing a video walkthrough up to that point expressing my opinions on the entire thing, as well as point out "a" very specific glitch. Overall I lurve this hack and would love to see this fully completed. Oh yeah and I am also new to the forums pleased to meet you all.

Last edited by Dylanrockin; April 22nd, 2012 at 04:19 PM.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 10:38 PM
mitchel1
Rom-hacker/scripter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxScarletDragonxx View Post
Arrrghh...it says it's a stupid .ups file! I swear, I can never do these right. Lol -___-;
patcher: tsukuyomi
1. first open up the patcher and click apply patch to new file
2. under patch ups file.. put the ups file there the one you downloaded
3. under source put the rom itself
4.under target to write...rename the game to what ever..BUT YOU MUST ADD THE (.GBA)
The just hit apply patch wait a few secs then you are done
put your patched rom into your rom folder and start playing.
(Original explain from qaz, I was to lazy to write it myself xD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylanrockin View Post
Well I just finished the entire thing after I beat the 2nd Gym Leader. I am thinking about doing a video walkthrough up to that point expressing my opinions on the entire thing, as well as point out "a" very specific glitch. Overall I lurve this hack and would love to see this fully completed. Oh yeah and I am also new to the forums pleased to meet you all.
Great to hear you liked this hack! Could you be so kind to tell me this "glitch" I wouldn't mind if it's here or trough PM. So I can fix this with the upcomming hotfix. Thanks Dylan!
Oh, and welcome to this forum, I hope you'll have a great time here!

Old April 22nd, 2012, 11:02 PM
MarthGan
Master Of Bird Pokemon

Wow, That was hard! (maybe because I only use Flying Pokemon)
Anyways love the game and love that pidgey is in the game! Thanks, You're one of the best.

MarthGan
Old April 22nd, 2012, 11:57 PM
mitchel1
Rom-hacker/scripter

Pokémon Dark Cry: The Legend of Giratina - HOTFIX 2.6.6

Since this ain't a official release, this hotfix will replace the original patch for alpha 2.1.5! This will restore some nasty bugs that stopped you from exploring the trion region!

Hot fixes!
- Wild pokemon encounter at Mythical forest!
- POKéCENTER glitch!

Click here!
Explain: Simply click the big blue download button at the original alpha 2.1.5 post!
Release: april 23 '12
Created for: VBA 1.8.0 beta 3

© 2009 - 2012 Mitchel1 all rights reserved!
Original Pokémon characters and images belong to Pokémon USA, Inc. and Nintendo. This game has not been given by Nintendo, Creatures,
GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company, Pokémon USA, Inc., The Pokémon Company International, or Wizards of the Coast.

Last edited by mitchel1; April 23rd, 2012 at 12:17 AM.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 02:07 AM
Dylanrockin
Mysterious Trainer

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchel1 View Post
patcher: tsukuyomi
1. first open up the patcher and click apply patch to new file
2. under patch ups file.. put the ups file there the one you downloaded
3. under source put the rom itself
4.under target to write...rename the game to what ever..BUT YOU MUST ADD THE (.GBA)
The just hit apply patch wait a few secs then you are done
put your patched rom into your rom folder and start playing.
(Original explain from qaz, I was to lazy to write it myself xD)

Great to hear you liked this hack! Could you be so kind to tell me this "glitch" I wouldn't mind if it's here or trough PM. So I can fix this with the upcomming hotfix. Thanks Dylan!
Oh, and welcome to this forum, I hope you'll have a great time here!
Well the glitch was fixed, I guess someone got to it before me. But it basically was the wall glitch in the tomb. Oh yeah and since the new update 2.6.6 how do I patch it so that it can keep my current save as well. Do I patch this patch to the same file or start from scratch again?
Old April 23rd, 2012, 02:31 AM
mitchel1
Rom-hacker/scripter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylanrockin View Post
Well the glitch was fixed, I guess someone got to it before me. But it basically was the wall glitch in the tomb. Oh yeah and since the new update 2.6.6 how do I patch it so that it can keep my current save as well. Do I patch this patch to the same file or start from scratch again?
Great to hear that it's the same glitch, this saved me another major hotfix patch. About your save file, what I recommend is save your present status with shift+F1 in the atlernion city pokecenter. Download the new patch and patch this from scratch (other words, a clean rom).

Name your new "rom" the same as the previous one. If it's correct you can load your state with F1. Now after that has been done, you can remove your .sgm file and save it the regular way.

Old April 23rd, 2012, 02:38 AM
chrunch

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
Quote:
Thanks chrunch! Well let that be my honor to explain that. Often I hear people say: "Damn, that trainer is way to hard! I shall train my POKéMON ten levels higher then normal and beat the crap out of her/him" My thoughts about that are... NO. (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
So as solution dark cry: TLoG now got the: automatic trainer level cap increase ©!
This actually checks your POKéMON party and recap the trainer his or her POKéMON to that level! So for example if you battle a trainer and your POKéMON is lvl.5 it checks this value and based on that level it increases or decrease automatically the POKéMON level from the trainer. ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)
Maybe it's just me but I really don't like this idea. It completely eliminates the point of levelling if every trainer's level is automatically raised to say, 5 levels above you for example. Other than new moves, there would be no difference if you were level 5 or level 95 on the same route, because trainers would always be slightly stronger than you. It will also make the game extremely hard if you ever get stuck. For that reason I think I'll skip this game for now, may I suggest you release another version of it without it?
Old April 23rd, 2012, 02:40 AM
Letty
Pacifist

Nature: Gentle
sure this is a rom hack?
is too perfect,a good work...
not yet played, but I'm downloading! *--*

Kisses ;*
Old April 23rd, 2012, 03:09 AM
shivshubh12
Unhatched Egg

I found two bugs in this new alpha 2.1.5 release :-

1. When my PRINPLUP evolves it names changed to SWAMPERT instead of EMPOLEON.
2. There's no way to Itacis City, I just walked out the water way in Route 602 and it leads me to Itacis City.

Please keep this in your mind and fix this in the next alpha or u may also fix in this version, your wish !

BTW I really loved this game, this is the best hack ever, soo many features.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 04:00 AM
mitchel1
Rom-hacker/scripter

Pokémon Dark Cry: The Legend of Giratina - HOTFIX 2.6.7

Since this ain't a official release, this hotfix will replace the original patch for alpha 2.1.5! This patch will support some extra features, including a path restore.

Hot fixes!

Click here!
Explain: Simply click the big blue download button at the original alpha 2.1.5 post!
Release: april 23 '12
Created for: VBA 1.8.0 beta 3

© 2009 - 2012 Mitchel1 all rights reserved!
Original Pokémon characters and images belong to Pokémon USA, Inc. and Nintendo. This game has not been given by Nintendo, Creatures,
GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company, Pokémon USA, Inc., The Pokémon Company International, or Wizards of the Coast.

Last edited by mitchel1; April 23rd, 2012 at 04:05 AM.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 04:45 AM
blackmage856

Thanks for the fix mitchel
I dont mind about the trading pokemon, I just caught an Aron instead :D
Im having trouble finding the meteor detector though, and I liked that you didnt penalize people for being GOOD regarding taking the Grimer, and that the GOOD side got a pokemon too

I hope you keep it balanced, and you need to boost the power of 'sound' moves, I dont think Pichu is getting the bonus for Uproar properly and Pichus stats are a bit crappy tbh (seeing that it cant evolve)

Old April 23rd, 2012, 05:18 AM
mitchel1
Rom-hacker/scripter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthGan View Post
Wow, That was hard! (maybe because I only use Flying Pokemon)
Anyways love the game and love that pidgey is in the game! Thanks, You're one of the best.

MarthGan
Hehe you're might be right there, Marth, hehe!
Anyhow thanks for your support and of course, your welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrunch View Post
Maybe it's just me but I really don't like this idea. It completely eliminates the point of levelling if every trainer's level is automatically raised to say, 5 levels above you for example. Other than new moves, there would be no difference if you were level 5 or level 95 on the same route, because trainers would always be slightly stronger than you. It will also make the game extremely hard if you ever get stuck. For that reason I think I'll skip this game for now, may I suggest you release another version of it without it?
Hi, Chrunch, about the automatic level increase, It doesn't sound that horrible. The main idea about is that I don't have to pay attention to the pokemon level on each route! This routline automaticly counts that for me.
Even, to more specific, the trainer's pokemon will be decreased with 2. Only the gym leader has +5 and the team rocket members are always equal. I would like to say that you should first try this new feature, before your judgement, that would be nice ;)
(a copy of this text has been placed on your profile)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letty View Post
sure this is a rom hack?
is too perfect,a good work...
not yet played, but I'm downloading! *--*

Kisses ;*
Thanks Letty, Its a rom-hack, otherwise I guess this shouldn't be patched on a Fire red rom, hehe! ;) Anyhow, have fun during your adventure 'cross the trion region. ~kis

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshubh12 View Post
I found two bugs in this new alpha 2.1.5 release :-

1. When my PRINPLUP evolves it names changed to SWAMPERT instead of EMPOLEON.
2. There's no way to Itacis City, I just walked out the water way in Route 602 and it leads me to Itacis City.

Please keep this in your mind and fix this in the next alpha or u may also fix in this version, your wish !

BTW I really loved this game, this is the best hack ever, soo many features. :)
thanks for reporting shivshubh12, they have been fixed, you should download the most recent released HOTFIX 2.6.7! But, just wondering, how in the name did you already reached lvl.36 that quick? :D
Thanks you for your support, I hope you'll enjoy this hack further! There are still a few hidden events based on your starter ;)

Quote:
Thanks for the fix mitchel :)
I dont mind about the trading pokemon, I just caught an Aron instead :D
Im having trouble finding the meteor detector though, and I liked that you didnt penalize people for being GOOD regarding taking the Grimer, and that the GOOD side got a pokemon too :)

I hope you keep it balanced, and you need to boost the power of 'sound' moves, I dont think Pichu is getting the bonus for Uproar properly and Pichus stats are a bit crappy tbh (seeing that it cant evolve)
Your welcome blackmage, about the meteor detector. It's located at the mountain hill at route 601. In the middle of the side-walk stairs.
Also if you're able to find it you might be the first who'll apost that on the guide topic! :D

About pichu, I guess I'll boost its stats in the following "real" alpha release, alpha 3.2.5.

Old April 23rd, 2012, 05:33 AM
blackmage856

Thanks alot I'll look for the detector now, I had to start again because when you hotfix you cant load your saves ...so you have to start again xD

Pichu does have the hardest time, as the cave is full of geodude which is a ground type, and the magnemite trainer is hard, you can train an Aron to learn Mud-Slap though

Old April 23rd, 2012, 07:37 AM

So the fixed version was out?!Sigh...I was late...I'll download it right now!And I heard that there will be a newer Alpha 3.2.5 verion...Excallent!I'll keep my sight on this hack!
Hacks I support:

Hacks I'm working on:

Old April 23rd, 2012, 07:56 AM
mitchel1
Rom-hacker/scripter

Quote:
Thanks alot ^^ I'll look for the detector now, I had to start again because when you hotfix you cant load your saves ...so you have to start again xD

Pichu does have the hardest time, as the cave is full of geodude which is a ground type, and the magnemite trainer is hard, you can train an Aron to learn Mud-Slap though :)
Your welcome, good luck on finding that bloody device, hehe! I'm sorry about your save states might its an idea to use the quick save tactic (shift+F1) when a hotfix has been released?

I knew that, pichu is, how I can say it... A weaker version against the other starters. On the other hand also pichu has its own legendary mission!
Glad to hear you were able to find a solution to go through that cave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1158 View Post
So the fixed version was out?!Sigh...I was late...I'll download it right now!And I heard that there will be a newer Alpha 3.2.5 verion...Excallent!I'll keep my sight on this hack!
Yeah its out 1158 ;) About alpha 3.2.5, this one will be the future alpha version, so not a HOTFIX ;) This might will take a while (like usually) A good hack sadly takes a lot of time. Rome wasn't built in one day either.
But that won't take away the new updates that are comming!
(I'm already glad that alpha 2.1.5 now is stable)

Old April 23rd, 2012, 08:12 AM
Lost Christmas
Extra coated with nice hot syrup!
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
I don't get how to play it..
No time to waste, but make your pace It's okay to remove copy and paste
I'm doing my way, you do it your way Don't just follow your left, find the right way.

~ Shihoko Hirata feat. Lotus - Beauty of Destiny ~
Hi I'm Adam ~ Showdown ~ VM ~ MyAnimeList ~

Old April 23rd, 2012, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Yeah its out 1158 About alpha 3.2.5, this one will be the future alpha version, so not a HOTFIX This might will take a while (like usually) A good hack sadly takes a lot of time. Rome wasn't built in one day either.
But that won't take away the new updates that are comming!
(I'm already glad that alpha 2.1.5 now is stable)
I know that...You must misunderstand me...In fact,I'm also a hacker and going to release my hack only when it's almost finished...So I know hacking is a work which will take the hackers so much time...Maybe I should have added "in the future" in my last post...But I have to admit that I really want to see the next Alpha 3.2.5's out!
Hacks I support:

Hacks I'm working on:

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here