The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 12th, 2011, 12:14 AM
Germaniac
Victoria Concordia Crescit

Nature: Relaxed
Where can I find first Gym Leader???
Old August 12th, 2011, 01:27 AM
mitchel1
Rom-hacker/scripter

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayce View Post
Really amazing, everywhere I go I just get more amazed at how beautiful it is.
Just a couple of things, I'm wondering if uproar will be a sound attack and what attacks are sound type?
Also a small spelling error I thought I'd report:
Thanks ^^ about uproar, I'll change it the next alpha I saw that these attacks are still normal. About the spelling error, fixed! =3

Quote:
Originally Posted by alo123 View Post
I am stuck in the forest it says I do not have enough pokemon to proceed and that I have to capture 1 wild pokemon so I did and its still not letting me pass
Well It's really simple capture a POKéMON and keep it in your party! That script contains a count POKéMON script that will allow you to pass when you got 2 POKéMON in your party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Now this is awesome!
Finally Dark Cry has alpha!
I can't wait to start playing... Mitchel you did oustanding job in these two years and I congratulate you on this outcome =)
Thanks ash493, have fun playing the first world wide alpha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by アルセウス View Post
Where can I find first Gym Leader???
Go to the gym entery at Atlernion city and a "bug catcher" will walk to you! He'll explain where she might can be found! Good luck! =D
----------------------------------------
Mitchel1

Old August 12th, 2011, 03:38 AM
Germaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchel1 View Post
Go to the gym entery at Atlernion city and a "bug catcher" will walk to you! He'll explain where she might can be found! Good luck! =D
Did I need to complete a mission?
Old August 12th, 2011, 08:34 AM
alo123
Munchlax Trainer

I did catch another pokemon and it still would not let me through and also the path that led me there disappeared so I can't get to the gym leader
Sign up using this link and you can earn free prizes like psn cards, xbox cards and more just for downloading apps on your phone or doing offers and surveys every 100 points equals a dollar and when you sign up with this link you get 250 points
http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=uin1355240952
Old August 12th, 2011, 08:45 AM
mitchel1
Rom-hacker/scripter

Quote:
Originally Posted by アルセウス View Post
Did I need to complete a mission?
No that is not needed, it should work.

Alo123: hmm try it with only 2 pokemon in your team. About the path, that should be right read the 'fun knowladge from dc: tlog' collum it says: areas could have been changed by morning, day, afternoon, evening and night....

Last edited by mitchel1; August 12th, 2011 at 08:55 AM.
Old August 12th, 2011, 09:21 AM
EdensElite
No0b, but getting there.

Nature: Bold
This looks incredible! How do you change the head sprite on the mini-map?

ROM Hacking was getting frustrating for me. I've now stopped productions and writing the game from scratch in HTML 5.

That means it will be playable in the browser, and across multiple devices such as the iPod touch.
Old August 12th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Rayce
Nooo0000OOB

Nature: Impish
When I walked off of route 601(I had gone back, this wasn't the first time) the tiles on the news stand glitched

Also I can only find one (main) path in Purity forest. Is there a way I'm missing or another entrance.

Old August 12th, 2011, 11:24 AM
theavenger
Beginning Trainer

help me i checked the alpha post but i couldn't find the link to the alpha
Old August 13th, 2011, 07:18 AM
mitchel1
Rom-hacker/scripter

Quote:
When I walked off of route 601(I had gone back, this wasn't the first time) the tiles on the news stand glitched

Also I can only find one (main) path in Purity forest. Is there a way I'm missing or another entrance.

Thanks for that report, I have fixed this problem =3
About purity forest, it contains one main road what might could change between 5pm (17.00) and 6pm (18.00)

Off-topic:
For everyone else who has tried this hack, did someone reached the first gym and beat all 6 side quests? =3

On-topic
I'm going on a well deserved vacation for the comming 2 weeks. This thread will stay online so bugs could be reported. I hope you'll all enjoy this hack and 'till 2 weeks! Cheers!
----------------------------
Mitchel1

Old August 13th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Rayce
Nooo0000OOB

Okay thank you for the hint there (changed my computer clock I'm usually not on 5-6)
However the count script doesn't work(like someone said before) so I had to use a walk through walls cheat. I really loved the team rocket scene and the whole classic feel of it.
However I did find some grammar errors with no capital at the beginning of sentences
There

and here

Also in the battle with team rocket the pallet kept flashing.
(I hope I'm being helpful not annoying)

Old August 13th, 2011, 07:48 PM
alo123
Munchlax Trainer

About the count script it will only work if you have exactly two pokemon
you can't have more or less
Sign up using this link and you can earn free prizes like psn cards, xbox cards and more just for downloading apps on your phone or doing offers and surveys every 100 points equals a dollar and when you sign up with this link you get 250 points
http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=uin1355240952
Old August 13th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Darkerm
Darkness is Not always Evil

Nature: Gentle
My starter it Pichu. Man, I must say Its quite a hard game. I got some error/bug.

The Bed tiles kinda cut off when you go to bed.

Mom OW doesn't have walking frame. Its looks like she is sliding instead of walking O_o

Wean I select an item its icon go Black.

I'm not sure its a bug or not but when u walk on grass, the grass looks to bright green.

I think you should move this news building a lil bit further or this will happen I you enter this area.

Well, I just played a little. I am now sleeping in an old man house and Dreaming (in game though..).
I'll post more bug if I find some.

"My Hack"

Banner By "YAS"
Old August 14th, 2011, 03:36 AM
theavenger
Beginning Trainer

please help i don't know how to download the patch
Old August 14th, 2011, 03:09 PM
TheDemetrious1
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theavenger View Post
please help i don't know how to download the patch
Its on the first Page o.o Download it ,Find a FireRed Gba file, Patch it with LIPS and play it.
If you honestly can't find it use ctrl+f look for "Alpha 1.0.5 released:" without the quotes.
Old August 14th, 2011, 09:47 PM
theavenger
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDemetrious1 View Post
Its on the first Page o.o Download it ,Find a FireRed Gba file, Patch it with LIPS and play it.
If you honestly can't find it use ctrl+f look for "Alpha 1.0.5 released:" without the quotes.
i clicked it a 100 times but it gets me to the release post and the only link or attachment i could find is to vba 1.8.0 beta 3
Old August 15th, 2011, 01:49 AM
Germaniac

Umm, this tree blocking my way 1636 - Pokemon - Fire Red Version (U)_01.png
Old August 15th, 2011, 02:11 AM
mitchel1
Rom-hacker/scripter

Quote:
Okay thank you for the hint there (changed my computer clock I'm usually not on 5-6)
However the count script doesn't work(like someone said before) so I had to use a walk through walls cheat. I really loved the team rocket scene and the whole classic feel of it.
However I did find some grammar errors with no capital at the beginning of sentences
There

and here

Also in the battle with team rocket the pallet kept flashing.
(I hope I'm being helpful not annoying)
Great to hear you've managed to find the main path ^^ Anyhow thanks for reporting I know about the many grammar errors and I wish I could resolve it but the translator has been booted out. About the flashing, I did encounter it aswell. It only appears at double battles and it seems like it has something to do with the D/N in-battle pallet change. Might I could resolve it in the near future! No It's okay, reporting is better than be silent. =3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkerm View Post
My starter it Pichu. Man, I must say Its quite a hard game. I got some error/bug.

The Bed tiles kinda cut off when you go to bed.

Mom OW doesn't have walking frame. Its looks like she is sliding instead of walking O_o

Wean I select an item its icon go Black.

I'm not sure its a bug or not but when u walk on grass, the grass looks to bright green.

I think you should move this news building a lil bit further or this will happen I you enter this area.

Well, I just played a little. I am now sleeping in an old man house and Dreaming (in game though..).
I'll post more bug if I find some.
I know the game is really hard if you play with Pichu, and I would like to apologize for the hard trainer "Super Nerd Gary". Magnamite isn't easy but it's possible when you capture some different POKéMON so thats why it's inserted this way.
This is actually the difficulty level:

Grass: Medium
Water: Medium
Fire: Easy
Electric: Hard

Bugs and Glitches

1) Bed seems like a simple block premission bug. I'll take a look when I return to Holland!

2)Mom OW I couldn't help, better complain to Nintendo for not making a walking frame. xD It could be solved easily but I aint that great with pixel art to create the walking frames.

3)Has been reported already before release (Check bug/glitches list)
Quote:
Bag layout seems like to change color after selecting a item
4)The grass isn't a bug, FR/LG roms doesn't support a 9-tile grass animation. The only grass animation from FR/LG has been changed into this.

5)Bug has been reported by Rayce and has been recently fixed!

Have fun further in dark cry: TLoG =3!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theavenger View Post
i clicked it a 100 times but it gets me to the release post and the only link or attachment i could find is to vba 1.8.0 beta 3
Erhm... What's so hard to click on the hugh, blue download button =S

Off-topic:
Anyhow I've sended this message from the beautiful country Croatia! I'm now going to enjoy the weather and have a great time with my girl since it rained this morning. 'till 2 weeks people, cheers! =3
-----------------------------------------
Mitchel1

Old August 15th, 2011, 05:44 AM
/art-56/
magik leafer

Send a message via Skype™ to /art-56/
I made back sprites for to this hack:

Last edited by /art-56/; August 15th, 2011 at 05:55 AM.
Old August 15th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Lugiaz Soul
I support Crystal Dust

Nature: Naughty
I'm gonna play this right now :D
Edit: I can't find the download link.

Last edited by Lugiaz Soul; August 15th, 2011 at 02:42 PM.
Old August 15th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Rayce
Nooo0000OOB

Well that count pokemon glitch it very important because it's the only way to get to the gym.
See I have 5 pokemon in my team:

But I still get the message:

Before you said:
Quote:
Well It's really simple capture a POKéMON and keep it in your party! That script contains a count POKéMON script that will allow you to pass when you got 2 POKéMON in your party!
This is the only way through. I was able to only because I used a walk through walls cheat.
There must be a minor script glitch here, but it's very important to fix next time you get a chance because you will get many complaints wondering what to do because they can't get through

Old August 15th, 2011, 08:11 PM
qaz015393
pokemon revenge developer

dang iv hadnt checked this site in dys & u just amazed me tht the hack is out . il be playing it 2mor & will report any bugs tht havnt been said yet :D. thnks 4 the great work tht u but in 4 yrs. & if theres anything u need help with il be glad 2 help . u :rock:

POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

3Ds Fc= 0619-4312-9526 IgN is Near My trade shop is here
Old August 17th, 2011, 01:19 AM
Danu20
``~~ King Angel ~~``

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Yahoo to Danu20
Nice but now i whait a final version of the game:D
Old August 17th, 2011, 03:45 AM
katrin2oo9
Beginning Trainer

How to bring the leader of Purity Forest as it is not there a guy on the train gymy says there Combee
Old August 17th, 2011, 05:08 AM
Osher99

Old August 17th, 2011, 11:13 AM
mitchel1
Rom-hacker/scripter

Quote:
Originally Posted by /art-56/ View Post
I made back sprites for to this hack:
Awesome backsprites art-56 =3! I'll insert them a.s.a.p when I return to Holland of corse with credits!

Quote:
Well that count pokemon glitch it very important because it's the only way to get to the gym.
See I have 5 pokemon in my team:

But I still get the message:

Before you said:

This is the only way through. I was able to only because I used a walk through walls cheat.
There must be a minor script glitch here, but it's very important to fix next time you get a chance because you will get many complaints wondering what to do because they can't get through
I've took it serious and added in the main bugs/glitches list! It seems indeed like a minor script mistake, I'll release a HOTFIX as soon I return. This will contain the following:
- Super nerd Gary magnamite overpowered fix
- News stand fix
- Count POKéMON fix
- Remove time based event Purity Forest that stairs appear between 5pm and 6pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaz015393 View Post
dang iv hadnt checked this site in dys & u just amazed me tht the hack is out ^^. il be playing it 2mor & will report any bugs tht havnt been said yet :D. thnks 4 the great work tht u but in 4 yrs. & if theres anything u need help with il be glad 2 help ^^. u :rock:
Thanks qaz =3!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrin2oo9 View Post
How to bring the leader of Purity Forest as it is not there a guy on the train gymy says there Combee
wait 'till 5pm or 6pm and re-enter the map! Now a stair at the main road will appear! Before you go be sure you don't have less or more then 2 POKéMON in your team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osher99 View Post
Where the meteor decetor is located?
I won't tell, try asking the people at Atlernion City they will help you! =3

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links