The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 1st, 2012, 05:27 AM
mitchel1
Rom-hacker/scripter

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by qaz015393 View Post
sounds great. Seems like u have been busy. hope the pokepaper script works fine.
Thanks, and yes, I got it working now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post
Wow this Hack is still going! I remember this from years ago.

Glad to see you're still at it, the Trion Token system looks great, as does that awesome button pressing feature you've added. I don't think I've seen anything like it, yet another feature making this hack so unique.
Thanks SwiftSign!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi4s View Post
Hey there,
I just started to play this hack and I really like it! I'm recently in the second town and I have chosen the Ukulele Pichu as Starter.
As far I have only one thing to criticize, on the first road at night, the only Pokemon is a HootHoot. Since I mainly play at night and fighting against the same Pokemon over and over sucks. But in order to move further I had to level my pichu, the magnemite always killed me. I think you should add some other Pokemon in this region at night.

And I also found a bug, I guess. When you are in the torn world the second time (after you speak with this old man in the second town) and you have to jump from platform to platform, there is this Item on a very small floating Island (2x2). When you jump on this island you can't jump back and you are trapped.

Greetings,
Tobias
(Sorry for my bad english, I'm from germany and suck at languages in general. :D )
Hi Tobias, Thank you for reporting this! I'll give a honest answer on that for you,
- D/N pokémon: Yes, I'm aware of this! But sadly enough I'll keep this, for one simple reason: it's the first route xD! further in game you'll not encounter them that much anymore!
- Torn world: This isn't a bug! I'm aware of this the only thing you've to do is press the "A" button and you're on the platform!

:...:UPDATE:...:

Oke people fast head-up update! So far it looks alpha 2.1.5 will become a major patch!
It'll blow away alpha 1.0.5! It contains the following features!

New Key Features
- Over ~20 brand new missions!
- Starter related "legendary" mission!
- Some D/P/P sprited 1st gen, 2e gen and 3e gen inserted!
- Daily Missions are available!
- Become good or evil!
- Old bugs that caused alot of problems (*kuch* count script *kuch*) has been solved!
- Collect trion tokens, and become the collector master!
- Brand new trainer sprites!
- 2 gyms available!

Still needs to be done

Thats about it for today, Oh, it might be fun to take a look here! I hope you'll work together to make this a brilliant guide! And you'll be honored forever!
Official POKéMON Dark Cry The Legend of Giratina Guide: Click here!

I hope that's enough information! Till next time, what will be without doubt the alpha 2.1.5 release!

Cheers,

Mitchel1

Old April 1st, 2012, 08:55 AM
griffinscale
Unhatched Egg

I've skimmed this thread. So is this finished with some tweaking still going on or what?
Old April 1st, 2012, 06:05 PM
qaz015393
pokemon revenge developer

wow the update sounds great. thanks for the guide. cant wait to play the "Starter related "legendary" mission!" Looking forward to the new maps * & everything else lol*

POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

3Ds Fc= 0619-4312-9526 IgN is Near My trade shop is here
Old April 2nd, 2012, 11:10 PM
HyperKiller
What if..?

Nature: Relaxed
i have been trying hacks my whole life,so far, this is the best. i chose the Ukuele Pichu, biggest challenge starter but worth it,does it evolve? hope not, its so cute! <3

Old April 3rd, 2012, 01:19 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Wow, you and Dante working together on graphic?
I don't wanna see it 'cause it's gonna blow up my mind =D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old April 3rd, 2012, 04:11 AM

I've seen your update just now and it's really exciting that you're about to release the Alpha 2.1.5 in the next time!Well done,mitchel1!This hack is fantastic!

Hacks I'm working on:

Old April 12th, 2012, 01:03 PM
mitchel1
Rom-hacker/scripter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1158 View Post
I've seen your update just now and it's really exciting that you're about to release the Alpha 2.1.5 in the next time!Well done,mitchel1!This hack is fantastic!
Thanks 1158! ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Wow, you and Dante working together on graphic?
I don't wanna see it 'cause it's gonna blow up my mind =D
Yeah we're! But I'm not sure yet if we reach it before 4/22/2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperKiller View Post
i have been trying hacks my whole life,so far, this is the best. i chose the Ukuele Pichu, biggest challenge starter but worth it,does it evolve? hope not, its so cute! <3
Thanks Hyper, and no, it won't evolve. It also has been said when you receive it from prof. rowan.

Quote:
wow the update sounds great. thanks for the guide. cant wait to play the "Starter related "legendary" mission!" Looking forward to the new maps * & everything else lol*
Thanks qaz!

:...:UPDATE:...:

I'd lie if I could reached this without all of your support! You were the people who conficed me to reach that what almost was impossible!

Also I'd like to thank the great people who also were sometimes a piece of dark cry: TLoG!

Time is almost near, only... 1 week left!

:...:VIDEO:...:

link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHVFy...pTs3_WIB_9ypY=

cheers!

Mitchel1

Old April 12th, 2012, 04:39 PM
chrunch

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
Wow, the video looks amazing! can't wait for the release. What exactly is the "automatic trainer level cap increase", though?
Old April 12th, 2012, 04:49 PM
.Ángel~
Sombrero de Paja

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to .Ángel~ Send a message via Skype™ to .Ángel~
Good hack!
I feel great.
I like everything about it.
Old April 13th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Wazuuup
Pokemon Master

The game so far for me has been epic, but i have one question. In this game can a male combee evolve into a vespiquen, and if no, then is there a possibility of cathing one. Because in another hack, i caught a male vespiquen.
Old April 13th, 2012, 09:38 AM

Great!The newest update's out!So that means Alpha 2.1.5 is going to be released soon?As I said before,I'll wait for it patiently...

Hacks I'm working on:

Old April 13th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Wazuuup
Pokemon Master

Where am I supposed to find the meteor detector or get past the friggin' sudowoodo. I have been stuck here and 3 hours. :'(

Nevermind. After some back reading, found out that the alpha release is 1 gym only :'(. Nevertheless very nice game, although i found a bug where when you click on the questionnaire in the mart it freezes then repeats the same question. Also some tress aren't alligned correctly with the rest. Not sure if it's supposed to be like that or not.

Last edited by Wazuuup; April 13th, 2012 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Found the answer
Old April 13th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Chimchar 9
inactive ~ depression :/

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Chimchar 9
Whey I'm in the trailer!

It looks really good, though you could've shown us more clips. :D

I hope to play this soon, good luck!
Old April 13th, 2012, 09:55 PM
qaz015393
pokemon revenge developer

Finally had time to watch the new trailer. Looks fantastic man!. Really love how you did the credits man, love kingdom hearts!! Its seems this hack is getting better & better. You seize to amaze me when you do update. When I think you can't do anything else, more new features are added :D

POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

3Ds Fc= 0619-4312-9526 IgN is Near My trade shop is here
Old April 13th, 2012, 11:49 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

WOW! That trailer was AWESOME!
I knew it would blow my mind :D And it really did.
I'm so looking forward to this!

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old April 14th, 2012, 10:59 AM
mitchel1
Rom-hacker/scripter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
WOW! That trailer was AWESOME!
I knew it would blow my mind :D And it really did.
I'm so looking forward to this!
Haha, thanks ash!

Quote:
Finally had time to watch the new trailer. Looks fantastic man!. Really love how you did the credits man, love kingdom hearts!! Its seems this hack is getting better & better. You seize to amaze me when you do update. When I think you can't do anything else, more new features are added :D
Thanks qaz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimchar 9 View Post
Whey I'm in the trailer! :P

It looks really good, though you could've shown us more clips. :D

I hope to play this soon, good luck! :)
How are ya' chim! Yeah, you're! You wonder why? You made a banner if I'm not mistaken. If I do, then you're now famous for doing nothing xD!
But yeah, thanks chim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazuuup View Post
Where am I supposed to find the meteor detector or get past the friggin' sudowoodo. I have been stuck here and 3 hours. :'(

Nevermind. After some back reading, found out that the alpha release is 1 gym only :'(. Nevertheless very nice game, although i found a bug where when you click on the questionnaire in the mart it freezes then repeats the same question. Also some tress aren't alligned correctly with the rest. Not sure if it's supposed to be like that or not.
Haha, well let me explain the part about the meteor. I thought to be honest that the info the NPC's in Atlernion City gave you were enough. But here is a clue, it can be found on route 601! There isn't a POKéBALL that you need to search for, it's a hidden item! So my advice, press "A" everywhere, hehe.

About the bugs, I'll take care of these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazuuup View Post
The game so far for me has been epic, but i have one question. In this game can a male combee evolve into a vespiquen, and if no, then is there a possibility of cathing one. Because in another hack, i caught a male vespiquen.
Thanks Waz, COMBEE was first 50% male or female. Currently this has been changed to 100% female!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ángel~ View Post
Good hack!
I feel great.
I like everything about it.
Thanks Ángel~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrunch View Post
Wow, the video looks amazing! can't wait for the release. :) What exactly is the "automatic trainer level cap increase", though?
Thanks chrunch! Well let that be my honor to explain that. Often I hear people say: "Damn, that trainer is way to hard! I shall train my POKéMON ten levels higher then normal and beat the crap out of her/him" My thoughts about that are... NO. (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
So as solution dark cry: TLoG now got the: automatic trainer level cap increase ©!
This actually checks your POKéMON party and recap the trainer his or her POKéMON to that level! So for example if you battle a trainer and your POKéMON is lvl.5 it checks this value and based on that level it increases or decrease automatically the POKéMON level from the trainer. ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

Old April 14th, 2012, 05:56 PM
XXVIII
Romhacker Wannabe

Nature: Quiet
I just played the alpha version and all I can say is WOW. There are many cool new features. I'm so excited to play the complete version. Good job!
Old April 16th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Chimchar 9
inactive ~ depression :/

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Chimchar 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchel1 View Post
How are ya' chim! Yeah, you're! You wonder why? You made a banner if I'm not mistaken. If I do, then you're now famous for doing nothing xD!
But yeah, thanks chim!
Yeah, I remember making the banner! It's probably the most popular out of them all, well from what I've seen. Well, if I could do a map for you then I would've helped with the game, right? So, can I make a map in the next beta?
Old April 16th, 2012, 12:28 PM
blackmage856

automatic trainer level cap increase ©!

Sounds like a lot of coding, I hope it effects Gym Leaders and the Elites too, else low level people ...who are constantly fighting low level trainers will have no chance :D

Old April 19th, 2012, 05:51 PM
ptshady

Nature: Lax
wow....i have no words to describe i much i was impressed by this rom :O cant wait till the next version is released, thanks for this incredible hack mitchel1
Old April 21st, 2012, 03:35 AM
mitchel1
Rom-hacker/scripter

Pokémon Dark Cry: The Legend of Giratina - Alpha 2.1.5

Hi, there! After 2 years and 3 months of hacking, testing and a bit of downtime, it's now my honor to announce that alpha 2.1.5 now official has been released!
In this alpha version, You're ready to discover a new region called: Trion! So far, sadly enough, only the first peaceful village: Longhorn Village, the rough route 601, The shiny caves of Trion: Mt. Hydronic, the lovely city: Atlernion City, the magnificent Purity Forest, the rocky route 602, The enchanting cave: Xanateos Cave and the informal great Itacis City are available.
Furthermore, you'll be able to challenge the gym-leaders Gesina and Taivas, play the first 20 unique side quests and reveal the secret of the almighty disorder POKéMON!
This alpha version ends after beating the second gym, and you, unfortunately, will not be able to continue your journey to route 603!

New Key Features
- Some D/P/P sprited 1st gen, 2e gen and 3e gen inserted!
- Daily Missions are available!
- Become good or evil!
- Headbutt capabilities!
- Old bugs that caused alot of problems (*kuch* count script *kuch*) has been solved!
- Collect trion tokens, and become the collector master!
- Brand new trainer sprites!
- Few more hidden maps!
- New graphical additions!

Bugs and Glitches

Minor impact: Still need to be resolved, but doesn't do any harm!
BOLD: Still need to be resolved!
Green: I never could resolve!

: Bag layout seems like to change color after selecting a item
: POKéDEX mini-map (location POKéMON capture!) has still the old "KANTO" line.
: Capture a POKéMON in wild grass works perfect, but when you capture it and it appears in the "flash" POKéDEX the text (information) border remains black! This won't stay forever but it's a bug that we cannot fix for now, it has something to do with the battle background!
: When you use your town map it might occur that your location is different!
: When prof. Rowan call up the Shinx in the intro. The POKéBALL ''floats'' left of him.
: Costum trainer battle background has not been added yet!
: Due the weird cry table it might occur that there are a few cries that doesn't sound correct!
: Due a weird bug it reverse different POKéMON as correct during the WANTED event, besides that, you're still able to do these events!
: I'm aware that the OW in the Xanateos cave doesn't match the POKéMON that has been said! I forgot to insert it!
: Mom slides over the floor, instead of walking.

Fun knowledge from Dark Cry: TLoG
: Be sure you activate your RTC! Otherwise some events? might won't work! Wonder how to activate your RTC? Options-->emulator-->Real Time Clock.

Don't do the following! (© protected!) (If you do I'll hunt you down with a blunt knife and cut your eye out, the header code hasn't changed for nothing!)
: Don't decompile ASM routlines and use them for your own!
: Don't use the tilemaps/RAW's that has been inserted in dark cry: TLoG!

Please report any errors you come across, detailing what happened and possibly providing screenshots to help. Make sure you check this list to see if the error has already been reported, though.

Frequently Asked Questions

Question: The in-game time show 12:0 every time! Even when it's for example 15:40!
Answer: Be sure you activate your RTC! Otherwise some/many events won't work!

Question: It seems like I'm stuck in the Torn World! I can't jump to another platform!
Answer: I'm aware of this, the only thing you supposed to do is press the "A" button!

Special Thanks

All fans: Support me to continue!
Everyone else who has put in the credit list!

Version: Alpha 2.1.5 (hotfix 2.6.6, hotfix 2.6.7) - Read me file included
Release: april 23 '12
Created for: VBA 1.8.0 beta 3

© 2009 - 2012 Mitchel1 all rights reserved!
Original Pokémon characters and images belong to Pokémon USA, Inc. and Nintendo. This game has not been given by Nintendo, Creatures,
GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company, Pokémon USA, Inc., The Pokémon Company International, or Wizards of the Coast.

Last edited by mitchel1; April 23rd, 2012 at 05:22 AM.
Old April 21st, 2012, 04:25 AM

Horay!The newest Alpha 2.1.5 finally released!I'll download it immediately!

And I have a suggestion for you:You'd better edit the title of this thread to let everybody know this,or they may cannot mention that the newer Alpha 2.1.5's out...

Hacks I'm working on:

Last edited by 1158; April 21st, 2012 at 07:37 AM. Reason: A suggestion
Old April 21st, 2012, 08:15 AM
ptshady

Nature: Lax
awesomeee. im gonna try this right noowww
Old April 21st, 2012, 09:07 AM
gdggjk
Beginning Trainer

Hey how do I Patch the .UPS file??
Old April 21st, 2012, 09:40 AM
Joshawott
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Brave
Visually, I'd say this is one of the best hacks around! You're clearly very dedicated to this project. I wish you the best of luck!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links