Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Casting
Reload this Page Id est damnum innocentiae (OOC thread)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Casting Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old February 10th, 2011 (02:17 PM).

Quote originally posted by Feign:
Its fine as an mp3 player or something to play games with, it just wouldnt last long, dying and all.
Couldn't you use an electric type pokemon to charge it? I mean, in one of the first episodes of the manga I think I recall Ash's pikachu charging something...
Old February 10th, 2011 (02:50 PM).
The cake is a lie.

Nature: Lax
I would also like to reserve a spot, please. Thank you.

please click the eggs and pokemon.
Old February 10th, 2011 (04:04 PM).
Clain
Platinum Tier

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Lynette:
Couldn't you use an electric type pokemon to charge it? I mean, in one of the first episodes of the manga I think I recall Ash's pikachu charging something...
If your pokemon know how to not exceed 120 volts for example than in it could be possilbe, but otherwise it might give it too much power and damage it

Quote originally posted by ComiTurtle:
I would also like to reserve a spot, please. Thank you.
Okay, I'll add you right away

And sorry Naku but those goggles aren't allowed either You'll just have to rely on your pokemon's eyes. You can have regular goggles for the water and night vision goggles but the night vision goggles should have batteries. As I'm sure everyone else would want solar powered x item
Old February 10th, 2011 (04:24 PM).
Follow the Fireflies
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by Feign:
And sorry Naku but those goggles aren't allowed either You'll just have to rely on your pokemon's eyes. You can have regular goggles for the water and night vision goggles but the night vision goggles should have batteries. As I'm sure everyone else would want solar powered x item
Grr...
Fine, i'll make them BATTERY powered XD
Though, the underwater goggle half won't require electricity =/
Old February 10th, 2011 (04:26 PM).
Clain
Platinum Tier

Thanks

In one respect it'll make it more difficult, but also more exciting :D
Old February 10th, 2011 (08:32 PM).
dreaming a transient dream.

Nature: Mild
I'd like to reserve a spot, please, and create two sign-ups.

~あさきゆめみし君と~

さくらの色 いとしさの花 あさきゆめみし君と
そっとそっと口づけをして 涙あふれてく

pair · in tempore momenti · personal vloid playlist
d.c. ii art assets belong to circus. text: tororo.
Old February 10th, 2011 (08:34 PM).
Clain
Platinum Tier

You want to create two characters for this RP? (I've put you on reserve )
Old February 10th, 2011 (08:38 PM).

That is my intention, yes... I want to try out some character development concepts I have, and this ensures that even if more than half of the RPers die off I will still have someone to character develop with. Also, it's just... yeah, I want to play two characters, especially in a survival-style RP like this.

~あさきゆめみし君と~

さくらの色 いとしさの花 あさきゆめみし君と
そっとそっと口づけをして 涙あふれてく

Old February 10th, 2011 (08:44 PM).
Clain
Platinum Tier

I won't be killing anyone off unless the person hasn't been on for quite some time (just to make things go forward), but yeah, I see no problem

One thing though, will the two characters you are making know each other? Or will they pretty much be separate?
Old February 10th, 2011 (08:52 PM).

It depends on what my characters tell me. Very likely they'll be separate, though, at first (obviously).

~あさきゆめみし君と~

さくらの色 いとしさの花 あさきゆめみし君と
そっとそっと口づけをして 涙あふれてく

Old February 10th, 2011 (08:58 PM).
Clain
Platinum Tier

Ah I see. I suppose as you go about writing though, all you'll have to worry about is making sure you're writing about the right character, haha.
Old February 10th, 2011 (10:17 PM).

Also, I forgot to mention this earlier, but... er, yes.

The Latin in the title could use some work. Firstly, the "id" is highly redundant, because as all aspiring scholars of Latin know, every Latin verb specifies the person, mood, tense, and voice, thus rendering subject pronouns all but obsolete most of the time. Also, "est" isn't necessary when you want to translate "Loss of Innocence" either, because "est" means "he/she/it is"... I only see a noun and another modifying noun in the phrase "Loss of Innocence". Furthermore, the noun "damnum" refers to physical/property/financial loss, and the "Loss" in "Loss of Innocence" is really more of a metaphysical-to-metaphorical property. The noun "amissio, amissionis" would likely fit a lot better, as the latter refers to loss or deprivation of a much wider range of things, but you could also just look up a closer noun in a Latin dictionary. "Innocentiae" is fine, as it is genitive singular and so on, so no problems there.

Though, you seemed to know what you were doing when you wrote the title, so I might just be being silly.

~あさきゆめみし君と~

さくらの色 いとしさの花 あさきゆめみし君と
そっとそっと口づけをして 涙あふれてく

Old February 10th, 2011 (10:23 PM). Edited February 10th, 2011 by Feign.
Clain
Platinum Tier

Haha, you seem to know your stuff as well. It was the same title I had used a year ago, and I had been learning a little Latin since then, so you might be correct yourself. If I recall, when initially wanting to Latinize it, I realise it couldn't have been translated literally.

It's funny cause the irony in your post is that a year ago, I had joined another RP with a Latin title as well, which I thought to be wrong too, let me see if I can find it.

EDIT: Here is the link of what I thought:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5645143&postcount=3
Old February 10th, 2011 (10:27 PM).

Why wouldn't the title be able to be translated into Latin? '_'

It's just a noun plus a genitive noun. In fact the only thing "wrong" per se with your title was the addition of two extra words... and maybe vocabulary misuse.

~あさきゆめみし君と~

さくらの色 いとしさの花 あさきゆめみし君と
そっとそっと口づけをして 涙あふれてく

Old February 10th, 2011 (10:30 PM). Edited February 11th, 2011 by Feign.
Clain
Platinum Tier

I'm just glad I translated a tattoo of mine properlly XD Otherwise I'd be living with that mistake. XD

It would be nice to be perfect in Latin though, sadly that's something that's going to take time. :3

EDIT: Also I was wondering what everyone thought about this. On your initial post into the realm, you won't meet any fellow RPer (just yet) but since you'll be moving from the point, there can be perhaps two options. At each end of post, you use the map to show where you are or you describe it. The latter perhaps might not be so good if you would want to meet up with someone. However, the other option could be, that if two people wanted to meet up together, then they could sort of plan it ahead of time too.

The map example (to show your location) might be a bit tedious too (having to make a mark then upload it etc) so if anything perhaps someone could say in the OOC "I'm NE of #4 or something like that), like a general reference.
Old February 11th, 2011 (04:22 PM).

Strange question, but... do water pokemon use water that is drinkable?
Old February 11th, 2011 (05:16 PM).
CAT-BUS!

I would assume they do, I mean, they drink the water that comes out of them right?
Old February 11th, 2011 (05:26 PM).
Clain
Platinum Tier

Yep and at the same time it could be possible if a tentacool were in the poisonous ones
Old February 11th, 2011 (09:16 PM). Edited February 18th, 2011 by Lynette.

Sorry about the delay, and the poor SU, I had to rush it tonight... I usually like developing personality a bit, which is why that is so short. Again, sorry about the short SU, never was too great with them. :\

Spoiler:
Name: Lynette Doream

Personality:

Spoiler:
Outgoing, loud, and sometimes obnoxious, Lynette was always one of the most popular girls among her friends. Always willing to make friends, but also able to become serious when necessary are her biggest assets. She is always willing to help out a friend or make someone laugh. Even though she never finished school, her guts make up for her lack of intellect.

Lynette’s numerous friends have helped her to get as far as she is now, but her fear of isolation is starting to take its group. Ten people are being chosen to represent humanity? It probably will pit all of us in some insane tests, or test us all individually. The more the teenager thinks about her upcoming challenges, the more nervous she becomes. The weight of the world is lying on her shoulders, and she may not be able to hold it.

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Long brown hair, which used to be dyed blonde, falls to about her mid to lower back. The sparkle in her eyes is already beginning to fade. Her pink tank tops, and tight clothing usually adorn her body while a short, styled jacket usually conceals her shoulders. Lynette’s figure is petite due to the anorexia she suffered from one-year prior.

Lynette stands at five foot, eight inches, but has been slouching and keeping a worse posture lately. Skinny jeans and dirtied tennis shoes also keep her fashion in check, but this changes often. She has been sponsored by an energy bar and now changes clothes from different designers often.

History:
Spoiler:
As a child, Lynette always dreamt of a knight that would slay a dragon just to marry her, but as she grew older, she realized the knight wasn’t her fascination, but rather the dragon. Her first pokémon was a Trapinch, given to her by her uncle. “Always treasure and take care of this egg,” he told her, “Because if you don’t, you’ll never achieve your dreams.” Imagine the five-year-old’s disappointment when one of the worst looking pokémon she could think of hatched out of the egg, however, through her parent’s encouragement, and a LOT of hard training, (Trapinch wasn’t exactly the most mobile pokémon in battles) she obtained her dreams of taming a dragon. The two are now inseparable.

Lynette ran away from home after a dispute between herself and her mother, but later made amends for the argument. She continued her journey from Jubilife City to extend her team of pokémon. Although, she began with a rough start, she quickly got the hang of battling and obtained her first two gym badges in one week. Lynette obtained all eight of the Sinnoh badges and challenged the Elite Four, but lost after defeating Bertha. Her defeat crushed Lynette’s pride and she was just gathering courage to take on the Kanto league.

As a favored contestant of the Sinnoh league, Lynette was able to make quite a few fans, friends, and only a couple enemies. Her upbeat attitude allowed her to gain help from unexpected allies, but soon after her departure, her mother fell ill and died soon after. The shock from her parent’s death has really put Lynette's goals into perspective.

Pokemon:
Spoiler:

Flygon (Lance):
Level 65
Flamethrower
Earthquake
Fly
Strength

Rapidash (Amber):
Level 59
Agility
Flare Blitz
Poison Jab
Furry Attack

Lapras (Aqual):
Level 57
Surf
Water Gun
Sing
Whirlpool

Luxray (Lector):
Level 56
Thunderfang
Roar
Spark
Crunch

Preferred starting location number: 6

Bag:
Spoiler:
Pokemon-Related
6 Max Repels
10 Revives
10 Full Restores
Poffin Maker
Poffin Case
1 Pokefood Case (2 Days Worth)
Go-Go Goggles

Swiss Knife
Fishing Rod
Compass
Flare Gun (5 Shots)
Box of water purifying tablets
Saddle for use on both Flygon and Rapidash
First Aid Kit
Plastic (Good for making shelter to keep water off)
Hatchet
Cleaning Supplies (Shampoo and Soap)
(Clothes Worn will include: Winter Jacket and pants, T-Shirt underneath, and Hiking Shoes, along with necessities.)

RP sample:
Spoiler:
I awoke with a start that morning, sweating the fear out of me. The clock reading “10 am” told me I had overslept. My father was cooking breakfast, a fact that quickly became obvious as the smell of greased bacon intruded my nose. My mouth watered for an unknown reason, I’ve always hated bacon, and this was no exception. The pungent smell was too strong and I couldn’t do anything to prevent it. I quickly got showered and dressed, without doing too much to my hair, an unusual endeavor for me, and sprinted downstairs to tell Dad the news.

He saw the worried look on my face and quickly asked what had happened. I briefed him on my dream. Everything I could remember: the voice, what I had seen, (which wasn’t much) and what the consequences could be. His face remained emotionless. He didn’t say a word until I was finished.

The silence between my speech and his first question was the longest three minutes of my life. “So that’s it, huh?” My grave nod showed him I had nothing in me to kid about the matter. He breathed out a long sigh. “Well, you had better eat breakfast then.” He showed no weakness, trying to stay strong for me. I smiled slightly, but pushed the plate away, having no appetite. I grabbed a banana, promised him I’d eat it and ran out the door.

Next, I summoned Lance on the ground in front of me. The Flygon yawned, than hummed its approval of seeing me as usual. I equipped myself with a false smile, which quickly faded, but Lance saw right through the charade. Usually he was used to a greeting of extreme joy, and some pat on the back or something, but today he knew something was wrong. I took the saddle from its mount that was on our porch and strapped it to the Flygon. It took a bit longer than usual, due to his restlessness, but I was able to finally attach it to him. I mounted the pokémon and said the first word I had said to him all day, “Fly!” He kicked off the ground and the sensation stole the breath from my lungs. I pulled him to fly to the east, just above Route 203, which didn’t take much time to pass. We flew over Oreburgh City and were forced around Mt. Coronet, the continent’s tallest landmark. The obstacle cost us an extra hour, but we eventually circled it and continued northeast to Veilstone City, three more hours from where we currently were.

The flight gave my mind breathing room, so much had happened so quickly; I didn’t know what to do. There is no way I’d be able to find someone else who may have been chosen, even IF there were other people. What if I can’t do this? I CAN’T be the only one, can I? The doubts snowballed into an avalanche and I quickly found myself overshooting the city by about a mile.

I chose to go to Veilstone for a few reasons. First, I’d be able to shop at the continent’s largest mall. Second, my best friend could be found at the gym. Maylene was one of the first people I met on my journey that I felt truly understood me. She was one of the only powerful female trainers, and also the first leader I had lost in a battle against her Lucario. We had chatted the first time we met and she was one of the trainers that qualified to compete to be chosen by the Harbringer, but when I first told her my dream, she seemed slightly jealous.

“Well, you know what they say, beggars can’t be choosers,” Maylene concluded with a small hint of sarcasm in her voice, “I would just like it a little more if this ‘Harbringer’ paid a little more attention.”

Call me superstitious, but it seems like at that moment, one of the sandbags in her gym fell and spilled its contents on the rubber floor. I tried to contain a chuckle as Maylene through her arms up; it was nice to have a little relief. I stayed at her house that night, which eased my nerves and allowed me some sleep that night.

The next morning, I collected everything I needed from the store: a new hiking bag, clothes, and all the items I felt I needed in order to survive. I never even left the store, either all of humanity is destroyed, or this store loses a couple of dollars. I wiped a tear from my eye with a shaking hand, then waved goodbye to Maylene. I slowly disappeared from the store, My best friend’s smiling face was the last thing I saw from the real world for however long it would take to prove humanity’s importance.

Old February 11th, 2011 (10:41 PM).
Clain
Platinum Tier

No no, it's a good length You're accepted :D

One thing though, you won't be relegated to 4 moves. The current level of the pokemon will mean that the pokemon will know all moves from 0 to the current level. And when it comes time to learning new moves (as a result of moving up levels), it can do so like in the anime, where they try to use it, and practice over time.

I won't be the one determining if pokemon level up or not, I'll leave that up to you guys. However I may step in if suddenly someone is RPing a level 5 pokemon and suddenly after two battles they're already level 100. I do want to keep things as realistic as possible. Like if you RPed your pokemon to do well, then the experience it gains will reflect that. (I hope that makes sense)
Old February 12th, 2011 (09:26 AM).

Quote originally posted by baseballa34657:
He absolutely hates people who are loud and most things that are loud.
Hahahahaha, I sure hope our characters get to interact, you're character would probably despise mine.

Feign: And also, thanks, I can't wait for this role play to start, I was in one of yours from a while ago and it turned out great.
Old February 12th, 2011 (10:58 AM).
Roleplaying Assasin

[QUOTE=Lynette;6452178]Hahahahaha, I sure hope our characters get to interact, you're character would probably despise mine. [QUOTE=Lynette;6452178]

That is exactly what I was thinking. Plus my character is good looking *Wink Wink* Nudge Nudge* :D

"Nothing Is true, everything is permitted"

-Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad
Old February 12th, 2011 (11:47 AM). Edited February 12th, 2011 by Feign.
Clain
Platinum Tier

Haha, yeah sorry it was short lived though Lynette, id like to make this one go as long as possible.

Edit: also does starting the rp on around Monday sound feasable?
Old February 12th, 2011 (12:45 PM).
Roleplaying Assasin

AWWWWWWW I wanted to start tomorrow. But we always like more people. So I guess. :\

"Nothing Is true, everything is permitted"

-Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad
Old February 12th, 2011 (01:36 PM).
Clain
Platinum Tier

Yeah some people still need to finish, plus I'll be busy working too.

Sponsored Links