Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Strategies and Movesets
Reload this Page Team Assistance

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Strategies and Movesets Post your team lineups, get your team rated or rate other teams, talk about lineups, talk about moves/movesets, strategies, etc. For general talk about the games, go to the respective Pokémon game forums.

Old February 10th, 2011 (09:29 AM).
On Her Arms

Nature: Gentle
Trying to make my team work to the best of it's abilities. I am willing to make changes but would prefer for Dragonite and Umbreon to stay on the team.

Aerodactyl- Impish
301/301/192/140/195/350

Stealth Rock
Stone Edge
Fly
Roost

Arcanine- Hasty
321/287/201/251/201/301

Flamethrower
Dig
Iron Tail
Extremespeed

Glaceon- Calm
271/140/313/296/313/177

Baton Pass
Shadow Ball
Double Team
Heal Bell

Gardevoir- Modest
277/149/200/375/300/200

Energy Ball
Focus Blast
Psychic
Icy Wind

Umbreon- Bold
331/149/325/200/325/180

Dark Pulse
Toxic
Confuse Ray
Moonlight

Dragonite- Jolly
323/313/280/212/280/237

Outrage
Fire Punch
ThunderPunch
Waterfall
Old February 10th, 2011 (10:01 AM).

Nature: Calm
Could you actually give us the EV spread of your team?

Some things to say right off the bat, though:

>Fly without substitute is pretty pointless, especially because people will switch into a pokemon that resists flying easily. It would be better to give Aerodacytl taunt, because he can shut down other stealth rock leads with relative ease.

>For Arcanine, do you realize how popular Earthquake is? That will do double damage if you use dig. 2-turn attacks are generally pretty usless in competitive play, unless you pull them off REALLY well.

>For Glaceon, evasion clause prohibits the use of evasion boosting moves, so choose another thing to baton pass into.

>Gardevior... Eh, I don't really know. There are better special walls out there imo, and this team could really use some healing support. Maybe opt for Blissey?

>I guess Umbreon is okay, though giving it curse will help it tremendously.

>I'd replace thunderpunch with Dragon Dance. It will boost it's power and be able to outspeed common threats like Starmie with it, so I actually do recommend a change.
Old February 10th, 2011 (12:50 PM).
On Her Arms

honestly, I don't know how to tell evs, just now trying to get into competitive battling.

Arcanine- what would you recommend in replace of it? I chose it for a wider spread of types.

Glaceon- I could use barrior with her, or should I switch to another, faster baton passer?

Gardevoir- what other Pokemon can be used besides blissey? What exactly is her strategy?

Thank you for the help, I really appreciate it.
Old February 10th, 2011 (05:48 PM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote originally posted by ToWriteLove:
Trying to make my team work to the best of it's abilities. I am willing to make changes but would prefer for Dragonite and Umbreon to stay on the team.

Aerodactyl- Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
Stealth Rock
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Taunt

Arcanine- Adamant
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe

Item: Leftovers/Life Orb
Flare Blitz
Thunder Fang
Morning Sun (or Crunch, Toxic or Will-o-Wisp if you can't breed)
Extremespeed

Scizor
-Baton Pass
-Swords Dance/Agility
-Roost
-Bullet Punch
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 248 HP/88 Atk/172 Spe
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Technician

Latios - Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Choice Specs/Scarf

Draco Meteor
Surf
Thunderbolt/Hidden Power (Fire)

Trick

Umbreon- Sassy
EVs: 252 HP/40 Def/216 SDef
Item: Leftovers

Curse
Payback
Wish
Protect

Dragonite- Adamant
EVs: 252 HP/52 Atk/204 Spe

Outrage
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Roost
Comments/suggestions in bold. I replaced Gardevoir with Latios because it has more speed and power. I also gave your Pokemon EVs. You probably didn't keep track of EVs, so you'll have to use EV-reducing berries to get them down to 0.

Old February 11th, 2011 (12:07 AM).

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by PlatinumDude:
Comments/suggestions in bold. I replaced Gardevoir with Latios because it has more speed and power.
This is a gen 4 team. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Latios banned in Gen 4, regardless of soul dew?
Old February 11th, 2011 (01:31 AM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote originally posted by Ratty524:
This is a gen 4 team. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Latios banned in Gen 4, regardless of soul dew?
Well, since the Lati twins are Uber, I guess I'll go with Alakazam instead; it can pull off Gardevoir's current set with more Speed and power:
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Trick
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Choice Specs/Scarf
Ability: Synchronize

Old February 11th, 2011 (10:32 AM).
On Her Arms

ok, when I use the ev reducing berries, how do I raise them accordingly? Using those proteins, hp UPS, etc.
Old February 11th, 2011 (11:03 AM). Edited February 11th, 2011 by Chisswarrior.
Grand Admiral

Nature: Adamant
After reducing the EV's down to 0, it's pretty easy to train the pokes with the proper EV's
(visit serebii.net and look up some EV training stuff in the "Game Mechanics" section if you haven't already)

The fastest way to EV train things are to use protein/iron/etc. and then fight wild pokemon (but you could just fight pokemon if you can't buy enough proteins/etc.). Basically, each pokemon has a limit of EV's it can have over all its stats(510), and per each specific stat (252 effectively). Every 4 EV's = 1 point in that stat. The protein/etc. items each give 10 EV points per use, up to 100 points total, and each pokemon you defeat gives a specific number of EV points (you can check serebii.net for what pokemon give what EV's). Soooooo, for example:

Say you want dragonite to have 252 attack EV's and 252 speed EV's (just an example)

-You could use 10 proteins and 10 speed ones on it first, for a total of 100 atk EV's and 100 speed EV's

-Then you could kill wild Gyarados or Seaking (mount silver fishing, HG/SS) for 2 attack EV points per kill (without boosting items like macho brace)

-Effectively, you would need to kill 76 of them to get 152 attack EV's, to bring the total to 252 for the attack EV's, which is the max allowed per that stat

-Then kill enough things to get the remaining 152 speed EV's you want (you can google "_____ EV training spots" for good areas in the game to go for different stats)

Without getting into too much detail, that's basically all EV training is. Killing enough things and getting EV points from them.
Also, you can't EV train something at lvl 100. It needs to level up to get the stat boosts from EV's

Hope this helped!
Old February 11th, 2011 (06:22 PM).
On Her Arms

That was actually the best explanation of EV training I have ever recieved. XD I understand it a lot better now, thank you. To bad my Dragonite and Umbreon are already level 100. XD Looks like I am going to have to do a lot more training.
Old February 19th, 2011 (12:32 AM).
"The only Trollzama."

Nature: Jolly
Maybe for Glaceon instead of Shadow Ball have Ice Beam for a STAB move unless Shadow ball is a stab move, but I don't think so.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links