• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemo's sprite house

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
Years

Hi!!This is my sprite gallery!This is the second one I have posted but I guess the first one got deleted because I didn't edit things for too long.
So here's my second one.There are six sprites,three front and 3 back sprites.
Is this already accounted as four sprites?

th_Trio.png

th_Ell.png

I have decided to name the new sprite eelectra :)

Some new Trainer sprites of a possibly gym leader and rival(if i ever insert them to a ROM)

th_Trainer.png

th_Cre.png

Vileplume remake,fusion of guess who and a chingling evo.

Last edited:

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
Years
Pretty okay sprites. Okay cc. I can you're trying to dither... but not really the right way or place.. also shadow ussualy doesn't travel in diagonal lines, rather their rounded. Make the BG transparent in Photoshop, Gimp or something similar, that will get rid of the white.

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
Years
Thanks,I've been hating those white places for ages I can't count.and you mean their shadows and highlights should go like a cresent moon insead?
But how do I make the white places transparent?
Oh,and can anyone give me a turorial for making the banner thing where you click it and you get redirected automatically to a site (or,in this case this link)

Last edited:

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
Years
Thanks,I've been hating those white places for ages I can't count.and you mean their shadows and highlights should go like a cresent moon insead?
I'll show you what i mean. I took the liberty to create my own version of the blob pokemon, to compare it to yours.
zloz9x.png
Mines the one the right. As you can see the lines are smooth. One of the important rules in spriting is never make a right or left bend if you're intending to make a curving line (ask if you don't know what i'm talking about.) My shadow is rounded all the way down which gives it a slight 3d look. Also i didn't even Anti-Alias once is my sprite. what happens when you do it on a small area like the hand is that it makes it look square.

Gamedudebt

Pokemon Master
Years
just go on paint and for color put it as the forums color and use the paint can icon to put the color in the white space.

and this is what happens.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
Years
just go on paint and for color put it as the forums color and use the paint can icon to put the color in the white space.

and this is what happens.
Sorry if i'm hijacking the thread by replying, but that doesnt work because people use different styles. Here it is Transparent.
2rz2txe.png

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
Years

I'll show you what i mean. I took the liberty to create my own version of the blob pokemon, to compare it to yours.
zloz9x.png
Mines the one the right. As you can see the lines are smooth. One of the important rules in spriting is never make a right or left bend if you're intending to make a curving line (ask if you don't know what i'm talking about.) My shadow is rounded all the way down which gives it a slight 3d look. Also i didn't even Anti-Alias once is my sprite. what happens when you do it on a small area like the hand is that it makes it look square.

I now get the circle shading part.yours has a much better 3-d feel while mine looks like a triangle with some curves :(
and the hands do look like squares so i'll try to fix that on later sprites :)
the curving lines you mean for the blobs donward clearly curving lines?

Last edited:

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
Years
I now get the circle shading part.yours has a much better 3-d feel while mine looks like a triangle with some curves :(
and the hands do look like squares so i'll try to fix that on later sprites :)
the curving lines you mean for the blobs donward clearly curving lines?
By curving line i mean the curving line from the top to the bottom-side which gives it the onion/blob kind-of look.

Years
Remember you guys that you need four sprites to showcase to have a pixel art thread, therefore I suggest you to get up another sprite as soon as possible before the thread is closed.

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
Years
new sprite made in haste,sorry if it sucks,but I needed 1 more sprite
th_Ell.png

New trainer sprites

th_Trainer.png

Can anyone give me an idea for a sprite?I'm knida getting blank here
:( and please somebody post something here!This place look's deserted :(

Can anyone give me an idea for a sprite?I'm knida getting blank here
:( and please somebody post something here!This place look's deserted :(

Last edited:

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
Years
th_Cre.png

Advices are highly appreciated because I want to improve stuff.

th_Cre.png

advices please!

Last edited:
Back