The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 3rd, 2013 (03:44 AM).
Emilia
Relapsed

Nature: Careful
I've been out of Pokemon since Gen IV; the most recent game I own is SoulSilver. Where should I start with Gen V? Should I get B/W and then B2/W2, or skip to the second games?
Old March 3rd, 2013 (03:59 AM).
Cyndafan
The Danish Trainer

Send a message via Skype™ to Cyndafan
I think its a 50-50 because if you start with black and white (1) you get the whole story but (i think) that black and white 2 is more entertaining

-Cynda
Old March 3rd, 2013 (04:01 AM).
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Given I've got good 5th Gen knowledge I should probably give recommendation that you play Black and White first before playing Black 2 and White 2. The reason is playing the original pair before the sequels is that it will give you a better explanation of the Unova story and the two years between B/W and B2/W2.

Also, Black 2 and White 2 have a special feature called Memory Link, which is when you connect Black 2 or White 2 to a copy of the original Black or White. It unlocks special cutscenes that aren't present without it, the ability to catch the Pokemon that N used in the original Black and White, and it's basically a cool feature in general.

So yeah, the conclusion I have come to is play Black and White before Black 2 and White 2. You can experience the whole Unova story that way, and if you only get like say, Black and Black 2 (or White and White 2) you can get both Reshiram and Zekrom that way.
Old March 3rd, 2013 (04:19 AM).
peteed

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to peteed
Yeah don't skip or you will be sorry

3DS FC: 2449-4891-9980
Old March 3rd, 2013 (09:28 AM).
Forever
let it go

We've had these questions a lot (with the latest thread on this expiring just yesterday!) Because of this, I've added a section to the FAQ to cover this (which you can see in the stickies of this section). However imma lock this up because you've already recieved a few responses and we get these questions so often. So from now on this is the last thread of this type, and in the future we'll direct people to the FAQ. Hopefully you decide to get B/W ;)

Sponsored Links