The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 14th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiff8 View Post
What is the chance of a shiny random encounter?
It's 1/8192, or about 0.01%, which is why most people Masuda it. xD;
Old June 14th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Gymnotide
8377 | Scorpaeniform

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
What is the chance of a shiny random encounter?
0.012207% for a normal encounter.

"I want to tear myself from this place, from this reality, rise up like a cloud and float away, melt into this humid summer night and dissolve somewhere far, over the hills. But I am here, my legs blocks of concrete, my lungs empty of air, my throat burning. There will be no floating away."

Khaled Hosseini

→ Refresh for a different picture
→ White FC: Haruka 0347 0171 1756

whoever disabled my signature:
my signature is not even close to 300px tall.
i dont understand why it was disabled.
Old June 14th, 2011, 03:53 PM
hiff8
Gotta Derp em all

Because you can't breed a metagross ( can you? ) and you cant really find it in the wild how would you get a shiny one?
Old June 14th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Quote:
Because you can't breed a metagross ( can you? ) and you cant really find it in the wild how would you get a shiny one?
Metagross can breed with Ditto, but you can also find it and its pre-evolutions in the wild. Metang and Metagross are wild in the Giant Chasm.
Old June 15th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Nakuzami
That Person's Name Is . . .
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Okay, I have a question on the Global Link, and I don't know if it's been anwered before.

Whenever I try to go to the promotion page to get my eeveelution, it says that I have to be qualified. I have tried it with both of my accounts now, and I KNOW for a fact that I've beaten the game and got an Espeon for a reward on both accounts. At first I thought it might have been some sort of bug on the PGL, but if it was it would have been fixed by now... (right?)
Old June 15th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Dylan1
ALOT IS NOT A WORD!!!!

Nature: Docile
should i train a sawk or throh? i'm leaning towards throh simply because judo is better than karate, but sawk has a higher attack. what do you think?
Old June 15th, 2011, 04:33 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan1 View Post
should i train a sawk or throh? i'm leaning towards throh simply because judo is better than karate, but sawk has a higher attack. what do you think?
Sawk is faster and hits harder than Throh does. Throh, on the other hand, is slow, but has good defenses.

IMO, I'd use Sawk because one of its abilities, Sturdy, ensures it gets an attack in before going down.

Old June 15th, 2011, 11:39 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
As Toujours said you can get Beldum and Metang in the wild so just catch shiny Beldum or Metang and evolve it =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
IMO, I'd use Sawk because one of its abilities, Sturdy, ensures it gets an attack in before going down.
I agree with this statement. Sturdy is the thing that makes Sawk usable. =)
Old June 16th, 2011, 04:25 AM
Audra
Beginning Trainer

Okay, So I've never done a random wi-fi matchup battle as it always tells me there was a problem with my pokemon and I couldn't participate. I'm not a hacker, but I am a trader. I've looked up banned moves or combinations and haven't found anything that applies to me. This is my team:

PALADIN/Lucario
Lv 100
HP 268
Atk 264
Def 158
SpAtk 361
SpDef 147
Spd 215

Steadfast
Fist Plate

Aura Sphere
Dragon Pulse
Psychic
Protect

Sinnoh
Apparently arrived at lv 100

Paladin is kinda like my mascot, I bred and raised him myself in diamond. Absolutely no idea why he wouldn't be allowed.

ARCANINE/Arcanine (shiny)
Lv 100
HP 309
Atk 288
Def 184
SpAtk 250
SpDef 199
Spd 252

Flash Fire
Sitrus Berry

Fire Blast
Thunder Fang
Extreme Speed
Iron Head

Kanto
Apparently Arrived at lv100 after a long travel through time.

He's not the strongest Pokemon but certainly one of my favourites. I got him at level 60 something I think from the Diamond GTS and I trained him up from there. Never had any problems using him on wifi, I've used him in Pokemon Battle Revolution wifi matchup with no problems at all.

LUXRAY/Luxray (shiny)
Lv 100
HP 308
Atk 372
Def 196
SpAtk 216
SpDef 201
Spd 207

Rivalry
Zap Plate

Spark
Iron Tail
Crunch
Facade

Sinnoh

I got luxray from the Diamond GTS as a low level shinx and then I trained him up from there. Just like Arcanine, used on wifi like PBR with no problems at all.

SWAMPERT/Swampert
Lv 100
HP 404
Atk 319
Def 309
SpAtk 269
SpDef 279
Spd 197

Torrent
Splash Plate

Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Avalanche
Muddy Water

Hoenn
Apparently arrived at lv 100 after a long travel through time.

I traded for swampert at lv 100 a few months ago on the serebii wifi chat and have been pleased with him ever since. He's the tank of my team backing everyone else up. He's never seen the light of wifi apart from when he was traded to me.

Kojondo/Mienshao (shiny)
Lv 100
Hp 271
Atk 349
Def 156
SpAtk 196
SpDef 156
Spd 339

Regenerator
Life orb

Hi Jump Kick
U-turn
Stone Edge
Fake Out

Route 3
Egg apparently hatched.

I traded for her at lv 100 with a random wifi trade partner on a Japanese copy of Pokemon white. I had my suspicions of whether she was hacked or not, but apparently she hatched at rt 3. She worked with a random wifi matchup on my Jap game but not my english one.

Renda/Togekiss
Lv 100
Hp 321
Atk 120
Def 226
SpAtk 339
SpDef 266
Spd 273

Serene Grace
Sharp Beak

Flame thrower
Shadow ball
Air Slash
Aura Sphere

Hoenn

After battling so many annoying togekisses in my time, I thought if you can't beat them join them. Same situation with how I got my mienshao.

So that's the team I'm trying to get through with on wifi. Why they no enter? Is there something I'm not seeing?
Old June 16th, 2011, 05:31 AM
Gulpin
poisonous
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audra View Post
Okay, So I've never done a random wi-fi matchup battle as it always tells me there was a problem with my pokemon and I couldn't participate. I'm not a hacker, but I am a trader. I've looked up banned moves or combinations and haven't found anything that applies to me. This is my team:

PALADIN/Lucario
Lv 100
HP 268
Atk 264
Def 158
SpAtk 361
SpDef 147
Spd 215

Steadfast
Fist Plate

Aura Sphere
Dragon Pulse
Psychic
Protect

Sinnoh

Paladin is kinda like my mascot, I bred and raised him myself in diamond. Absolutely no idea why he wouldn't be allowed.

Lv 100
HP 309
Atk 288
Def 184
SpAtk 250
SpDef 199
Spd 252

Flash Fire
Sitrus Berry

Fire Blast
Thunder Fang
Extreme Speed
Iron Head

Kanto

He's not the strongest Pokemon but certainly one of my favourites. I got him at level 60 something I think from the Diamond GTS and I trained him up from there. Never had any problems using him on wifi, I've used him in Pokemon Battle Revolution wifi matchup with no problems at all.

LUXRAY/Luxray (shiny)
Lv 100
HP 308
Atk 372
Def 196
SpAtk 216
SpDef 201
Spd 207

Rivalry
Zap Plate

Spark
Iron Tail
Crunch
Facade

Sinnoh

I got luxray from the Diamond GTS as a low level shinx and then I trained him up from there. Just like Arcanine, used on wifi like PBR with no problems at all.

SWAMPERT/Swampert
Lv 100
HP 404
Atk 319
Def 309
SpAtk 269
SpDef 279
Spd 197

Torrent
Splash Plate

Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Avalanche
Muddy Water

Hoenn

I traded for swampert at lv 100 a few months ago on the serebii wifi chat and have been pleased with him ever since. He's the tank of my team backing everyone else up. He's never seen the light of wifi apart from when he was traded to me.

Kojondo/Mienshao (shiny)
Lv 100
Hp 271
Atk 349
Def 156
SpAtk 196
SpDef 156
Spd 339

Regenerator
Life orb

Hi Jump Kick
U-turn
Stone Edge
Fake Out

Route 3
Egg apparently hatched.

I traded for her at lv 100 with a random wifi trade partner on a Japanese copy of Pokemon white. I had my suspicions of whether she was hacked or not, but apparently she hatched at rt 3. She worked with a random wifi matchup on my Jap game but not my english one.

Renda/Togekiss
Lv 100
Hp 321
Atk 120
Def 226
SpAtk 339
SpDef 266
Spd 273

Serene Grace
Sharp Beak

Flame thrower
Shadow ball
Air Slash
Aura Sphere

Hoenn

After battling so many annoying togekisses in my time, I thought if you can't beat them join them. Same situation with how I got my mienshao.

So that's the team I'm trying to get through with on wifi. Why they no enter? Is there something I'm not seeing?

Are all of the Pokemon your's? Because some of them may have hacked EV's which my be your problem (if someone traded you a hacked Pokemon and you weren't aware, per say). I'm not familiar with what Pokemon are banned with random matchup, but if you say that they are all okay then that probably isn't your problem. I'd suggest hack checking them in the Trade Corner.

Also, just to help your team out so you can do better, I highly suggest going to the Competitive Battle Center, check out their guides (in the in-game team help subforum where it says 'A Whole New World'), and go from there to help build your team to be the best it can be. While you are at it, you should also sign up here.
Old June 16th, 2011, 06:49 AM
Gymnotide
8377 | Scorpaeniform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audra View Post

PALADIN/Lucario
Lv 100
HP 268
Atk 264
Def 158
SpAtk 361
SpDef 147
Spd 215

Steadfast
Fist Plate

Aura Sphere
Dragon Pulse
Psychic
Protect

Sinnoh

Lv 100
HP 309
Atk 288
Def 184
SpAtk 250
SpDef 199
Spd 252

Flash Fire
Sitrus Berry

Fire Blast
Thunder Fang
Extreme Speed
Iron Head

Kanto

LUXRAY/Luxray (shiny)
Lv 100
HP 308
Atk 372
Def 196
SpAtk 216
SpDef 201
Spd 207

Rivalry
Zap Plate

Spark
Iron Tail
Crunch
Facade

Sinnoh

SWAMPERT/Swampert
Lv 100
HP 404
Atk 319
Def 309
SpAtk 269
SpDef 279
Spd 197

Torrent
Splash Plate

Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Avalanche
Muddy Water

Hoenn

Kojondo/Mienshao (shiny)
Lv 100
Hp 271
Atk 349
Def 156
SpAtk 196
SpDef 156
Spd 339

Regenerator
Life orb

Hi Jump Kick
U-turn
Stone Edge
Fake Out

Route 3
Egg apparently hatched.

Renda/Togekiss
Lv 100
Hp 321
Atk 120
Def 226
SpAtk 339
SpDef 266
Spd 273

Serene Grace
Sharp Beak

Flame thrower
Shadow ball
Air Slash
Aura Sphere

Hoenn

Iron Head, Iron Tail, Stealth Rock, and Avalanche are incompatible with Random WiFi Battle because they are moves exclusive to Generation IV; they can be used with Pal Pad battles only, but not Random WiFi.

A second problem might be that some of your Pokemon have invalid PIDs (but this is only the case if they were hacked incorrectly).

"I want to tear myself from this place, from this reality, rise up like a cloud and float away, melt into this humid summer night and dissolve somewhere far, over the hills. But I am here, my legs blocks of concrete, my lungs empty of air, my throat burning. There will be no floating away."

Khaled Hosseini

Old June 16th, 2011, 04:14 PM
captainfez3
Old School Trainer

Nature: Gentle
Is it possible to trade for pokemon from games previous to white and black before I have the National Pokedex? I know I've done it before in Diamond, or at least I think I did.

Basically, I want to get a female Piplup into my game so I can have the foundation for my team of all Steel types.

To kill two birds with one stone here, if anyone does have a female Piplup they would be willing to part with, please pm me. I don't have much to trade, but I will trade away my starter (Servine) or whatever you would want. I appreciate it, thanks!

Shout out to all my fellow diabetics... don't ever lose hope!

John 16:33
Old June 16th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainfez3 View Post
Is it possible to trade for pokemon from games previous to white and black before I have the National Pokedex? I know I've done it before in Diamond, or at least I think I did.

Basically, I want to get a female Piplup into my game so I can have the foundation for my team of all Steel types.

To kill two birds with one stone here, if anyone does have a female Piplup they would be willing to part with, please pm me. I don't have much to trade, but I will trade away my starter (Servine) or whatever you would want. I appreciate it, thanks!
You can't transfer until you have the National Dex. :/ It's the same in Diamond actually, as I'm currently going through my Pearl trying to get the national dex to transfer from other games. xD;

All you can do is trade on the GTS, but you have to have seen a Piplup first, or try the Quick Trade thread in the Trade Corner for one.
Old June 16th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Gymnotide
8377 | Scorpaeniform

You should be able to. Just like how Dream World Pokemon work, it shouldn't appear numbered (or have any data except the picture) until you get the NatDex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post

You can't transfer until you have the National Dex. :/ It's the same in Diamond actually, as I'm currently going through my Pearl trying to get the national dex to transfer from other games. xD;

All you can do is trade on the GTS, but you have to have seen a Piplup first, or try the Quick Trade thread in the Trade Corner for one.
You've got it wrong. The idea is that you're supposed to transfer it to another Diamond / Pearl game with the NatDex already and then trade it into the Diamond game you're playing. Or, if you can capture it in-game after the NatDex, you can actually just skip to the trade (e.g. with Rotom, who you can only get post NatDex in DP).

Khaled Hosseini

Old June 16th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymnotide View Post
You should be able to. Just like how Dream World Pokemon work, it shouldn't appear numbered (or have any data except the picture) until you get the NatDex.

You've got it wrong. The idea is that you're supposed to transfer it to another Diamond / Pearl game with the NatDex already and then trade it into the Diamond game you're playing. Or, if you can capture it in-game after the NatDex, you can actually just skip to the trade (e.g. with Rotom, who you can only get post NatDex in DP).
I misread "trade for pokemon from games previous" as "trade pokemon from games previous" I guess. My bad.
Old June 17th, 2011, 01:20 AM
Dylan1
ALOT IS NOT A WORD!!!!

Nature: Docile
does dream world work with the wii browser?
Old June 17th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Senoue
Unhatched Egg

Send a message via Skype™ to Senoue
So I am EV training a Combusken for Speed and Power and it went to Level 28 but the weirdest thing happened with it's stat growth. It went like this:

Max. HP +3
Attack +2
Defense +1
Special Attack +7
Special Defense +?2
Speed +2

Is there something wrong with my game or something?
Old June 17th, 2011, 07:42 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senoue View Post
So I am EV training a Combusken for Speed and Power and it went to Level 28 but the weirdest thing happened with it's stat growth. It went like this:

Max. HP +3
Attack +2
Defense +1
Special Attack +7
Special Defense +?2
Speed +2

Is there something wrong with my game or something?
Are you playing a legimate copy of the game?
Old June 17th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Senoue
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Sunlight View Post
Are you playing a legimate copy of the game?
Yes, but it has taken a little abuse due to my niece.
Old June 17th, 2011, 08:56 AM
chaos56
Beginning Trainer

Need a guide on how to Breed IV's. Not a guide on what IV's are...I know that much. But I figure I'll take a shot in the dark and try to breed a flawless Chimchar.
Old June 17th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Gymnotide
8377 | Scorpaeniform

What are you training against, and was the ? there?

To IV breed, you pick parents with high IVs and they will likely pass on to the child. There is no way to control this otherwise

Khaled Hosseini

Old June 17th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Senoue
Unhatched Egg

I was battling wild Venipedes for my Speed EVs and the ? was in that stat growth. The game seems to be playing normal now though.

Last edited by Senoue; June 17th, 2011 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Had an extra N in Venipede
Old June 17th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymnotide View Post
To IV breed, you pick parents with high IVs and they will likely pass on to the child. There is no way to control this otherwise
To expand on this, the baby Pokemon will inherit 3 IVs from the parents randomly. If you give one of the Pokemon a power item, the stat that it's used for will be passed down to the baby. But if you give both of them a power item, it will only inherit one of the stats that the power items are for, randomly. If you give one an Everstone, then it's more likely to inherit that Pokemon's nature.

Other than that information, the rest is just deciding what you want to breed and what items to give them, not stuff we can really help you too much with.
Old June 17th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Jewnior
Beginning Trainer

Hi everyone, I have a concern/question about my Empty White Forest.

Am I correct in assuming that if I don't live near someone who has the Black Version, my White Version will never migrate pokemon into the forest?

If I have friends that have the Black Version, but live nowhere near me, is it still possible to connect to each other's unique zone?

Thanks,

Jewnior
Old June 17th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senoue View Post
I was battling wild Venipedes for my Speed EVs and the ? was in that stat growth. The game seems to be playing normal now though.
A Pokemon game will only give you the "?" if an Ar is used. It happened to me all the time on my Diamond. I'd used to many cheats throughout the game, not at once, just throughout. It's harmless. Also, Venipedes give Defense Ev's...

1349 6159 4149 // 1174 [TSV]
(feel free to add)
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links