The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, hens return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 17th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Toujours
Howling Poros

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewnior View Post
Hi everyone, I have a concern/question about my Empty White Forest.

Am I correct in assuming that if I don't live near someone who has the Black Version, my White Version will never migrate pokemon into the forest?

If I have friends that have the Black Version, but live nowhere near me, is it still possible to connect to each other's unique zone?

Thanks,

Jewnior
Yeah, unfortunately it's only a local wireless thing, not wi-fi, so you have to be near someone with the game. Probably not the answer you were hoping for. :/
Old June 17th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Jewnior
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post

Yeah, unfortunately it's only a local wireless thing, not wi-fi, so you have to be near someone with the game. Probably not the answer you were hoping for. :/
I figured as much, just makes me wonder why they would butcher a perfectly awesome concept because of that. So the only way is to trade for them then, eh? I mean, outside of getting a second DS and second game...
Old June 17th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Senoue
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Senoue
Venipede give Def? Then why does the the final stage give Speed? I just looked at Scolipede's page thing on Bulba and went for Venipede thinking it gave me 1 for Speed plus the Power Anklet. Guess laziness messed up my training... And I am not using an AR, can't afford one if I wanted one atm.

Last edited by Senoue; June 17th, 2011 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Added my explanation for not knowing the EV thing on Venipede
Old June 17th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Naya Rivera
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senoue View Post
Venipede give Def? Then why does the the final stage give Speed? I just looked at Scolipede's page thing on Bulba and went for Venipede thinking it gave me 1 for Speed plus the Power Anklet. Guess laziness messed up my training... And I am not using an AR, can't afford one if I wanted one atm.
Nope, because Scolipede gives out Speed Ev's it doesn't mean that Venipede does. Well it must be damaged, I'd ask a professional, that's if you want to take it that far...

Team Rocket!
blasting off at the speed of light! surrender now or prepare to fight!
meowth that's right!
wobbuffet!!!

Old June 17th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Senoue
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Senoue
Ehh...well I guess I can just buy a new one in a month or so, then transfer my useful Pokemon.
Old June 17th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Dylan1
ALOT IS NOT A WORD!!!!

Nature: Docile
is it just me or is this game's random encounter rate like a thousand times higher than the previous games?
Old June 18th, 2011, 01:27 AM
Gymnotide
8377 | Scorpaeniform

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan1 View Post
is it just me or is this game's random encounter rate like a thousand times higher than the previous games?
Yeah. Routes in Unova are a lot shorter and narrower and the trainers are a bit higher-leveled. It's to help you prepare for battle. Since there's less grass, there's more punishment for stepping into it.

"I want to tear myself from this place, from this reality, rise up like a cloud and float away, melt into this humid summer night and dissolve somewhere far, over the hills. But I am here, my legs blocks of concrete, my lungs empty of air, my throat burning. There will be no floating away."

Khaled Hosseini

→ Refresh for a different picture
→ White FC: Haruka 0347 0171 1756

whoever disabled my signature:
my signature is not even close to 300px tall.
i dont understand why it was disabled.
Old June 18th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Pwnyta Jockey
Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!

Nature: Quiet
With my dream World account based off of Black, am I able to register White as well?

What were to happen if a registered game gets restarted, then registered again?... however registering again works... are the points lost?

Just don't want to start a second Dream World account...
Old June 18th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Toujours
Howling Poros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnyta Jockey View Post
With my dream World account based off of Black, am I able to register White as well?

What were to happen if a registered game gets restarted, then registered again?... however registering again works... are the points lost?

Just don't want to start a second Dream World account...
Not sure about game restarting tbh, but I'd hazard a guess that the points are lost. Don't quote me on that though.

As for the account, you can have one White and one Black on one account.
Old June 19th, 2011, 02:28 AM
Zaspien
Pokémon Trainer

Hey guys due to exams for the last two months I haven't been able to play my copy of Pokemon White as I was prioritising my studies. However, now that I've almost finished my exams I can relax again and play the game. There's a catch, though. I'm coming to the part of the story where I have to battle the Elite Four for the second time (where their levels range from level 71 to 75) and my six Pokemon are still around level 57 mark. Am I going about things incorrectly? I would have thought that my Pokemon would be higher levels so I can compete against the Elite Four. Is there an area which I can train my Pokemon that I've missed? Or am I doing things as they should be and I'm the one over-reacting?

I'm currently at the Challengers Cave; in case you guys wanted a reference.
Currently playing Pokémon White (latest journal post) - Badges: 1, PokéDex: 8, Time: 1:57,
Twitter, YouTube, Wakoopa, Last.fm
Old June 19th, 2011, 02:34 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaspien View Post
Hey guys due to exams for the last two months I haven't been able to play my copy of Pokemon White as I was prioritising my studies. However, now that I've almost finished my exams I can relax again and play the game. There's a catch, though. I'm coming to the part of the story where I have to battle the Elite Four for the second time (where their levels range from level 71 to 75) and my six Pokemon are still around level 57 mark. Am I going about things incorrectly? I would have thought that my Pokemon would be higher levels so I can compete against the Elite Four. Is there an area which I can train my Pokemon that I've missed? Or am I doing things as they should be and I'm the one over-reacting?

I'm currently at the Challengers Cave; in case you guys wanted a reference.
Battling wild Audino is the best thing (especially at Giant Chasm) or just defeating the other trainers if you haven't already done that. For my Hall of Fame Challenges I train all my team to lv60 but you might want to train yours higher if you feel that that is too low.
Old June 19th, 2011, 02:34 AM
インフェルノの津波
Beaches and Shores

Nature: Timid
Naw that's Trollfreak at it's finest, just Audino grind/Giant Chasm grind.
Old June 19th, 2011, 04:10 AM
Amore
Now stand up and begin

Also, you could make sure that you've actually been around all of Unova. Check you've been to Undella Town, etc. and not just retraced your steps to end up at the Pokémon League without exploring the remaining areas.

Last edited by Amore; June 19th, 2011 at 04:28 AM.
Old June 19th, 2011, 08:52 PM
~Akiko
<3

I'm just wondering, is there any way that can make a certain nature hatch more often? Sometimes it's really annoying when box after box fills up and you haven't gotten anywhere. :/
Old June 19th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Toujours
Howling Poros

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Akiko View Post
I'm just wondering, is there any way that can make a certain nature hatch more often? Sometimes it's really annoying when box after box fills up and you haven't gotten anywhere. :/
If you give one of the parents an Everstone, it gives that parent a 50% chance of passing on their nature instead of picking a random one. :B
Old June 19th, 2011, 09:16 PM
~Akiko
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post

If you give one of the parents an Everstone, it gives that parent a 50% chance of passing on their nature instead of picking a random one. :B
I didn't know that. :o
It still won't help me though as neither of the parents are the nature I need. T-T
Old June 19th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Katja

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Skype™ to Katja
Quote:

I didn't know that. :o
It still won't help me though as neither of the parents are the nature I need. T-T
Could you breed the one you want until you get the nature you want, than breed that one?

White: 2150 9156 5750
Old June 19th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Forever

Or alternatively if it's found in the wild, catch Munna's with synchronise and it'll give it a 50% chance of syncronising its nature with the Pokemon you wanna breed. :x

(Elgyem has it too)

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old June 19th, 2011, 09:23 PM
~Akiko
<3

Yeah, but I was just wondering if there was any way to get the nature of the first one easier.

Sometimes it just seems like it'll never happen. :/

Any chance of Munnas being caught with Timid nature often?
Old June 20th, 2011, 01:44 AM
Gymnotide
8377 | Scorpaeniform

Quote:
Yeah, but I was just wondering if there was any way to get the nature of the first one easier.

Sometimes it just seems like it'll never happen. :/

Any chance of Munnas being caught with Timid nature often?
Catch a wild female Munna. Then, look for any Pokemon that you have that is on this page and is male: click here. Also check your Dittos.

If the Pokemon has the desired Nature, take it out; have that male (or Ditto) hold an Everstone and put it in the Daycare with the female Munna. Hatch the egg and hope it has both Synchronize and the desired Nature (you have about 25%). Keep the Munna for future use. This also works with other Pokemon with Synchronize, but you need to conform to their egg groups.

Pretty hardcore players have 1 Synchronizer and 1 Ditto for each desirable Nature.

- - - - -

Alternatively, you can breed the female you are trying to breed now with another Pokemon with desirable Nature of its same egg group and then rebreed using the child that comes out of the egg with the male you are trying to breed.

"I want to tear myself from this place, from this reality, rise up like a cloud and float away, melt into this humid summer night and dissolve somewhere far, over the hills. But I am here, my legs blocks of concrete, my lungs empty of air, my throat burning. There will be no floating away."

Khaled Hosseini

Last edited by Gymnotide; June 20th, 2011 at 02:07 AM.
Old June 20th, 2011, 05:01 AM
TheMarkCrafter
if pc's bad then end else quit

Nature: Serious
How can i get Milotic at Route 1?
But I don't know
how to code
I am Unpaired.
Old June 20th, 2011, 05:08 AM
Gymnotide
8377 | Scorpaeniform

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSnivy View Post
How can i get Milotic at Route 1?
It will appear 5% from a Phenomenal Encounter.

You have to look in the water for these semi-circular, dark blue ripples. If you walk into the ripple (or any Phenomenon), you'll encounter a Pokemon with 100% chance and the Pokemon will usually vary from what is normally found. Water ripples are different from other Phenomena (rustling grass / bird shadow / swirling dust) because they can also be fished in to encounter the Pokemon. On Route 1, fishing in Water Phenomena will 60% Feebas, 35% Basculin (opposite color from the ones normally found in the version being played), and 5% Milotic. You must fish or you will never encounter Milotic.

Given the rarity of Phenomena and the extremely low encounter rate of Milotic, you are better off hunting for Feebas and evolving it. It evolves very easily in this generation (you trade with a Prism Scale).

Fun fact: Tyranitar can also be found in rustling grass Phenomena in B/W.

Khaled Hosseini

Old June 20th, 2011, 11:03 AM
PiemasterUK
Beginning Trainer

How do I get back to N's Castle? I beat the Elite Four and then wandered around a bit of the castle. I encountered a guy who asked me if I wanted to go back to the Pokemon League, and I said yes for whatever reason (just curious exactly where it would take me I guess). So it took me back outside the Pokemon League, but now the guy outside won't let me back in, saying I can't enter at this time. And I can't find N's Castle anywhere in the map, so I don't know how to get back there.

I assume I'm missing something obvious, but I don't know what.
Old June 20th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Toujours
Howling Poros

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiemasterUK View Post
How do I get back to N's Castle? I beat the Elite Four and then wandered around a bit of the castle. I encountered a guy who asked me if I wanted to go back to the Pokemon League, and I said yes for whatever reason (just curious exactly where it would take me I guess). So it took me back outside the Pokemon League, but now the guy outside won't let me back in, saying I can't enter at this time. And I can't find N's Castle anywhere in the map, so I don't know how to get back there.

I assume I'm missing something obvious, but I don't know what.
There's a Plasma member inside the Pokemon Center at the Pokemon League that will send you back inside. Don't be afraid to use those guys to go back and forth to heal as needed. (:
Old June 20th, 2011, 11:21 AM
~Akiko
<3

Does Expirience share also share EV points, and if it does, would making the battling pokemon hold a macho brace make any difference?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links