The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 20th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Gymnotide
8377 | Scorpaeniform

Nature: Naughty

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfree-Charizard View Post
I wish it wasn't the legit copy. Never glitched it on intentionally, So I have no idea what's up. I googled it and saw most of the problems were related to walk through walls, which I know I never did, so the only thing I can think of is maybe I stumbled upon a glitched rock or fence or something and saved with I was stuck through it. That does seem very unlikely though.
Mm... No, I don't think that's the case. Have you tried shifting between Xtransceiver on / off? Can you still access the Game Sync and send a Pokemon to Dream World? Can you use the Battle Coliseum (or whatever it's called) feature and select Pokemon to battle with? I don't know. I'd probably just wait until the month is over and test it out on a new season.

Do you remember where you saved?

"I want to tear myself from this place, from this reality, rise up like a cloud and float away, melt into this humid summer night and dissolve somewhere far, over the hills. But I am here, my legs blocks of concrete, my lungs empty of air, my throat burning. There will be no floating away."

Khaled Hosseini

→ Refresh for a different picture
→ White FC: Haruka 0347 0171 1756

whoever disabled my signature:
my signature is not even close to 300px tall.
i dont understand why it was disabled.
Old June 20th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Butterfree-Charizard
Bug Type Master

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymnotide View Post
Mm... No, I don't think that's the case. Have you tried shifting between Xtransceiver on / off? Can you still access the Game Sync and send a Pokemon to Dream World? Can you use the Battle Coliseum (or whatever it's called) feature and select Pokemon to battle with? I don't know. I'd probably just wait until the month is over and test it out on a new season.

Do you remember where you saved?
I'll have to try those things out. I saved right outside Dragonspiral tower.

3DS Friend Code:
1607-3649-9403
Old June 21st, 2011, 10:26 AM
Weavile05
Currently Hacking BW

Nature: Lax
I have a question about my team, I decided to put it here because I feel like putting it in the In-game team help section would be a waste of a thread. So here's my team.

Pignite
Ducklett
Lilligant
Duosion
Krokorok

I don't know what I should have as my sixth team member, I'm trying to decide between a Haxorus, Vanillite, Joltik or pulling my Blitzle out of the PC. I'm in the 5th Gym btw.

Hoenn, 1 Badge
My Youtube Channel: Check out my Pokemon Red Walkthrough
Pokemon White FC: 2322 5491 2643
Old June 21st, 2011, 11:30 AM
Pichu_fan
Hunting for Shiny Axew.

Nature: Jolly
Hi,guys.I have something.I have 2 Jp Axew.But I don't have the Jap.Pokedex entry for them.Does that mean they are "fake"?I want to use one for MM.
Old June 21st, 2011, 02:10 PM
Frostember
Beginning Trainer

I started the game with tepig, my team is as follows
Fraxure Lv 45

Seismitoad Lv 45

Emboar Lv 46

Cofagrigus Lv 45

Swoobat Lv 44

Stoutland Lv 47

I have no patience for wild pokemon grinding, im having trouble beating them, should i restart my game to get stuff i missed and grab a new starter, maybe watch PMJ HDs youtube walkthrough?
all opinions plz, i want everyones ideas

I WILL NOT USE CHEATS
Old June 21st, 2011, 02:21 PM
smurf
Veteran Trainer

well if its your 1st time faceing them i suggest you level up your pokemon then i would go online and look at each elite four member figure out each of there pokemons weaknesses and make a plan for yourself
Old June 21st, 2011, 02:25 PM
Gothitelle.
<3;

Nature: Adamant
I was like you, I didnt have patience to grind, but I then realized that it payed off. I would suggest that. Also you need to pay attention to types and the moves these pokemon have: http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/elitefour.shtml

For example: I would train Swoobat in defense because most of Marshall's pokemon have a rock move, which can KO it. :[

Old June 21st, 2011, 02:25 PM
WishCookie
ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostember View Post
I started the game with tepig, my team is as follows
Fraxure Lv 45

Seismitoad Lv 45

Emboar Lv 46

Cofagrigus Lv 45

Swoobat Lv 44

Stoutland Lv 47

I have no patience for wild pokemon grinding, im having trouble beating them, should i restart my game to get stuff i missed and grab a new starter, maybe watch PMJ HDs youtube walkthrough?
all opinions plz, i want everyones ideas

I WILL NOT USE CHEATS
Dont restart your game. See if one or more of your pokemons knows dark/ghost/fire/water/dragon/ice/flying/fight/electric type moves. I dont say that u must learn all your pokemon moves with these types but it is going to help you during elite4 and champion battles.

You should pay attention to the other teams pokemon and what moves they have, cause some of the pokemons in elite4 may dafeat your pokemon that you're going to use. So it could defeat your pokemon if the move is super effective.

Diamond: 3782 4821 8857
HeartGold: 3740 9024 2026
Black: 3181 8256 6904
Black 2: 4599 8904 2318

Y: 1993 8202 9620

Last edited by WishCookie; June 21st, 2011 at 02:31 PM.
Old June 21st, 2011, 03:36 PM
LavanZev
Bringer of Orange Soda!

What is the best nature for a Abra and Gastly?

Anyone a friend of Lucario is a friend of mine.

"You have enemies ? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life" Winston Churchill

Black FC: 2193-7435-9991 Lavan

Last edited by LavanZev; June 21st, 2011 at 03:45 PM.
Old June 21st, 2011, 03:38 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LavanZev View Post
What is the best nature for a Abra and Gastly?
Timid for both, they need a load of speed, they're to frail to take hits so defensive natures aren't good. You could go for Modest, but Timid is better.
Old June 21st, 2011, 04:01 PM
Gymnotide
8377 | Scorpaeniform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pichu_fan View Post
Hi,guys.I have something.I have 2 Jp Axew.But I don't have the Jap.Pokedex entry for them.Does that mean they are "fake"?I want to use one for MM.
Unova Pokemon don't have foreign Pokedex entries because when Black / White came out in Japan, no other language had names for the Pokemon yet.

"I want to tear myself from this place, from this reality, rise up like a cloud and float away, melt into this humid summer night and dissolve somewhere far, over the hills. But I am here, my legs blocks of concrete, my lungs empty of air, my throat burning. There will be no floating away."

Khaled Hosseini

Old June 21st, 2011, 04:17 PM
Butterfree-Charizard
Bug Type Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weavile05 View Post
I have a question about my team, I decided to put it here because I feel like putting it in the In-game team help section would be a waste of a thread. So here's my team.

Pignite
Ducklett
Lilligant
Duosion
Krokorok

I don't know what I should have as my sixth team member, I'm trying to decide between a Haxorus, Vanillite, Joltik or pulling my Blitzle out of the PC. I'm in the 5th Gym btw.
I go eletric type with the flying gym coming up.
Depends if you get trick room on you Duosion, if not Blitzle would be a nice choice Joltik has its advantages. I took blitzle in black joltik in white and I've gotta say I liked having a Galvantula better than Zebstrika. So if you want a speedy attacker Blitzle. If you want a power hitter Joltik.

3DS Friend Code:
1607-3649-9403
Old June 21st, 2011, 04:40 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
You don't want to grind but want to start over? Starting over would take much longer than just grinding. And it isn't your team so much as your levels. You need to be around the 50s to take on the E4. I don't mean lvs 45. I mean 49-52 Minimum. There aren't many items that aren't part of the main story that would help you anyway unless you want to give Fraxure Eviolite.

Just go grind to 50+
Old June 21st, 2011, 07:47 PM
Weavile05
Currently Hacking BW

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfree-Charizard View Post
I go eletric type with the flying gym coming up.
Depends if you get trick room on you Duosion, if not Blitzle would be a nice choice Joltik has its advantages. I took blitzle in black joltik in white and I've gotta say I liked having a Galvantula better than Zebstrika. So if you want a speedy attacker Blitzle. If you want a power hitter Joltik.
I didn't plan on using Trick Room, but come to think of it, I didn't really plan out much of a moveset for my Pokemon. Mainly because I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted on my team. Honestly though, I'm kinda preffering Joltik to Blitzle, mainly because I've never used a Joltik before.

Hoenn, 1 Badge
My Youtube Channel: Check out my Pokemon Red Walkthrough
Pokemon White FC: 2322 5491 2643
Old June 22nd, 2011, 08:03 AM
ltsang
Advanced Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
ok. I was teaching tm thief to krrkodile is it true that we have infinite tms here. If so I didn't know that. Let me know.

5th gen white: 3954 7616 0505 (WOOT!) Please teach me how to clone in white. Its a lot complicated than hg.

Old June 22nd, 2011, 08:50 AM
Oryx
open up your sea chart
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsang View Post
ok. I was teaching tm thief to krrkodile is it true that we have infinite tms here. If so I didn't know that. Let me know.
Yeah, TMs are available forever no matter how much you use them.

'Hoy, small fry!
Old June 23rd, 2011, 07:43 AM
SL33P
Beginning Trainer

What game should I choose?? Black or White? I'm happy for answers!!:D
Old June 23rd, 2011, 07:48 AM
Caranciio
Doof?

Nature: Quirky
I picked Black because it's my favorite color, and I love Reshiram more than Zekrom. It also has Gothita, whom I love. I got my friend who has White to trade me over a Braviary though, because I love them as well.

The biggest difference between the two is Black City and White Forest. Would you rather find exclusive Pokemon in White Forest, or battle trainers in Black City?

Old June 23rd, 2011, 09:19 AM
~Akiko
<3

What move is better, Spikes or Stealth Rocks?
I think they do the same thing right?
Old June 23rd, 2011, 09:28 AM
Oryx
open up your sea chart
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Akiko View Post
What move is better, Spikes or Stealth Rocks?
I think they do the same thing right?
The idea is basically the same, but there are a few differences. Spikes don't hit Flying types, Levitating Pokemon, or Pokemon using Magnet Rise. It will always hit a certain percentage of HP no matter what type effectiveness it is. It can also be stacked up to 3 times.

Stealth Rock hits every type of Pokemon, as it's rocks floating in the air. It also hits a certain percentage of HP, but it changes depending on its weakness or resistance to rock (anywhere from 3% to 50% damage). It can't be stacked at all.

Personally, I like Stealth Rock better.

'Hoy, small fry!
Old June 23rd, 2011, 09:31 AM
~Akiko
<3

Yeah, stealth rocks sounds like a way better move. :D Is there a TM for either of them?
Old June 23rd, 2011, 09:34 AM
Oryx
open up your sea chart
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Akiko View Post
Yeah, stealth rocks sounds like a way better move. :D Is there a TM for either of them?
Stealth Rock was a TM in Gen 4, but not Gen 5. Spikes was never one. :x I guess you gotta work for the great moves.

'Hoy, small fry!
Old June 23rd, 2011, 10:46 AM
jigglyppuff8

Nature: Modest
What are some good sets/teams for double battles? I want to get through the Battle Subway as painlessly as possible.

Old June 23rd, 2011, 04:45 PM
Caranciio
Doof?

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglyppuff8 View Post
What are some good sets/teams for double battles? I want to get through the Battle Subway as painlessly as possible.
My boyfriend uses Espeon and Umbreon as a team, and they're unstoppable. Umbreon has the moves Toxic, Confuse Ray, Faint Attack and Moonlight, whereas Espeon has all-offense moves (can't remember them). Either way, it's a great team.

Old June 23rd, 2011, 04:56 PM
Gymnotide
8377 | Scorpaeniform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post

The idea is basically the same, but there are a few differences. Spikes don't hit Flying types, Levitating Pokemon, or Pokemon using Magnet Rise. It will always hit a certain percentage of HP no matter what type effectiveness it is. It can also be stacked up to 3 times.

Stealth Rock hits every type of Pokemon, as it's rocks floating in the air. It also hits a certain percentage of HP, but it changes depending on its weakness or resistance to rock (anywhere from 3% to 50% damage). It can't be stacked at all.

Personally, I like Stealth Rock better.
Spikes is better for Generation V, however.

Khaled Hosseini

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here