Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 23rd, 2011 (07:17 PM).
thegeneticway
"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie

Nature: Relaxed
How exactly do you use pass powers? e__e

I remember buying a Bargain Power it said where Pokemarts were 50% off for 3 minutes. So I went to the spiral tree in the entralink, accepted the pass power, adn bought things. I don't think they were 50% off though -____-'

Replaying Emerald!

Goals:

National Dex Completed
All 7 Gold Symbols
Master of Contests

... looks like i have a long way to go
Old June 23rd, 2011 (07:24 PM).
jigglyppuff8

Nature: Modest
You turn on the C-Gear, press the bar on the bottom that would show the people nearby, and then hit the green triangle.

Old June 23rd, 2011 (10:22 PM).
Zealot740
Beginning Trainer

I am currently working on my competitive team and I'm very serious about this. My physical sweeper is Braviary and I have a question about his Sheer Force, stat-reducing/recoil moves, and Life Orb.

If someone is familiar with what I'm going on about, you might know what I'll ask.

- Does my HP get deducted from Life Orb if I have Sheer Force?
- Will my stats be reduced from SOOPAR POWAH (Super Power)?
- Will I take recoil from Brave Bird?

A well knowledgeable answer would be nice
Old June 23rd, 2011 (10:56 PM).
jigglyppuff8

Depends. If it move that gets boosted by Sheer Force, then LO damage is negated.
Yes. Sheer Force does not apply to moves that have a negative effect on the user such as stat reduction or recoil.
Yes. See above.

If there is another effect aside from recoil or stat damage, such as Flare Blitz's Burn Chance, than Sheer Force will activate. Brave Bird and Superpower will not activate it however.

Old June 23rd, 2011 (11:29 PM).
Fouluryu
Ace Trainer

Nature: Quiet
For trading with OT users, how can you contact them ?
Old June 24th, 2011 (04:33 AM).
Gymnotide
8377 | Scorpaeniform

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by jigglyppuff8:
Depends. If it move that gets boosted by Sheer Force, then LO damage is negated.
Yes. Sheer Force does not apply to moves that have a negative effect on the user such as stat reduction or recoil.
Yes. See above.

If there is another effect aside from recoil or stat damage, such as Flare Blitz's Burn Chance, than Sheer Force will activate. Brave Bird and Superpower will not activate it however.
This can be further extrapolated.

Sheer Force only works on move that have a secondary effect, not a primary effect. Secondary effects are only effects that affect stats or inflict status conditions. Primary effects include stat penalty and recoil. Sheer Force will also negate any held-item that the user holds if it activates in response to a boosted attack--this means Life Orb, Shell Bell, and any similar item. However, since the damage bonus from Life Orb is a passive bonus, that effect is not activated.

I'm self-appointed leader of the Sheer Force page on Bulbapedia; there's a list of affected moves on that page: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sheer_Force

"I want to tear myself from this place, from this reality, rise up like a cloud and float away, melt into this humid summer night and dissolve somewhere far, over the hills. But I am here, my legs blocks of concrete, my lungs empty of air, my throat burning. There will be no floating away."

Khaled Hosseini

→ Refresh for a different picture
→ White FC: Haruka 0347 0171 1756

whoever disabled my signature:
my signature is not even close to 300px tall.
i dont understand why it was disabled.
Old June 24th, 2011 (06:58 AM).
ltsang
Advanced Trainer

I'm stuck at the 7th gym.....I couldn't find how to get to the next town. Can someone guide me here? Thanks.

I've been wondering around all night and I can't find an exit.

5th gen white: 3954 7616 0505 (WOOT!) Please teach me how to clone in white. Its a lot complicated than hg.

Old June 24th, 2011 (07:04 AM).
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by ltsang:
I'm stuck at the 7th gym.....I couldn't find how to get to the next town. Can someone guide me here? Thanks.
After you defeat the 7th Gym Leader, go north to the Dragonspiral tower, once you've defeated Plasma in there, fly to Nimbasa and make your way to the Ancient Castle. Make your way down to the basement and watch the events un-fold. Once that's done go back to Icirrus City then go east until you see a black building, Bianca will battle you and you can progress to Opelucid city.
Old June 24th, 2011 (08:38 AM).
Brittani
Pokefan for life!! (:

Nature: Calm
I don't know where better to put this question but here, so don't yell at me if it's in the wrong section ' Anyways, I really wanted to know how to record my pokemon black wifi battles with high quality. Many have suggested a flash card. I am basically wondering, does it have to be a DS specific flash card or just any other flash card from any other brand? Please, if someone could answer my question that would be wonderful!

"Peace under an illusion is not true peace. It's only meaningful if the real world manages to accomplish it." - Gaara ♥

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.

Old June 24th, 2011 (09:29 AM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Brittani:
I don't know where better to put this question but here, so don't yell at me if it's in the wrong section ^^' Anyways, I really wanted to know how to record my pokemon black wifi battles with high quality. Many have suggested a flash card. I am basically wondering, does it have to be a DS specific flash card or just any other flash card from any other brand? Please, if someone could answer my question that would be wonderful!
I'm not sure if this helps a lot, but my sister has a specific DS cart with a spot for a microSD. That way you can use the SD for things other than the DS.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old June 24th, 2011 (09:33 AM).
Brittani
Pokefan for life!! (:

Quote originally posted by Toujours:

I'm not sure if this helps a lot, but my sister has a specific DS cart with a spot for a microSD. That way you can use the SD for things other than the DS.
Doesn't really help in my case as the purpose is to exchange files from the ds to the computer, which apparently can only be done with a flash card. I don't want to go out and waste my money on an off-brand flash card if it wont work on my ds, you know? Thanks a lot for trying to help, I really appreciate your time and effort!

"Peace under an illusion is not true peace. It's only meaningful if the real world manages to accomplish it." - Gaara ♥

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.

Old June 24th, 2011 (09:35 AM).
Gulpin
poisonous
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly

Doesn't really help in my case as the purpose is to exchange files from the ds to the computer, which apparently can only be done with a flash card. I don't want to go out and waste my money on an off-brand flash card if it wont work on my ds, you know? Thanks a lot for trying to help, I really appreciate your time and effort! :)
I'm pretty sure that you can plug a micro SD card into a computer to save what is on it, if I'm not mistaken.
Old June 24th, 2011 (09:37 AM).
Brittani
Pokefan for life!! (:

Quote originally posted by deku:
I'm pretty sure that you can plug a micro SD card into a computer to save what is on it, if I'm not mistaken.
yeah but how do you get the recorded battle from your ds system onto the sd card when its inserted into the ds system?

Old June 24th, 2011 (09:38 AM).
Gulpin
poisonous
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly

yeah but how do you get the recorded battle from your ds system onto the sd card when its inserted into the ds system?
I'm not sure. There might be a feature ingame to save to the SD card or something. Try Googling it. It might not be possible. What DS system are you using?
Old June 24th, 2011 (09:43 AM).
Brittani
Pokefan for life!! (:

Quote originally posted by deku:
I'm not sure. There might be a feature ingame to save to the SD card or something. Try Googling it. It might not be possible. What DS system are you using?
DSi and I tried looking it up, I'm not finding anything.

Old June 24th, 2011 (09:44 AM).
Gymnotide
8377 | Scorpaeniform

Nature: Naughty
You record the videos using the in-game recorder, then you save. You plug the MicroSD into your computer and play the ROM on an emulator, replay the save, and record it from there.

"I want to tear myself from this place, from this reality, rise up like a cloud and float away, melt into this humid summer night and dissolve somewhere far, over the hills. But I am here, my legs blocks of concrete, my lungs empty of air, my throat burning. There will be no floating away."

Khaled Hosseini

→ Refresh for a different picture
→ White FC: Haruka 0347 0171 1756

whoever disabled my signature:
my signature is not even close to 300px tall.
i dont understand why it was disabled.
Old June 24th, 2011 (09:56 AM). Edited June 24th, 2011 by Brittani.
Brittani
Pokefan for life!! (:

Quote originally posted by Gymnotide:
You record the videos using the in-game recorder, then you save. You plug the MicroSD into your computer and play the ROM on an emulator, replay the save, and record it from there.
but once i get the SD card in the ds, how do I get the recorded battle onto that card? Everything else makes sense.

Old June 24th, 2011 (10:00 AM).
ltsang
Advanced Trainer

I went to nibassa city I couldn't find this ancient castle. Could you tell me where it is?

5th gen white: 3954 7616 0505 (WOOT!) Please teach me how to clone in white. Its a lot complicated than hg.

Old June 24th, 2011 (10:05 AM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

but once i get the SD card in, how do I get the recorded battle onto that card? Everything else makes sense.
I thiiiink this is assuming that you're playing a ROM on an SD card to begin with. I could be wrong though.

I went to nibassa city I couldn't find this ancient castle. Could you tell me where it is?
South of Nimbasa and left.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old June 24th, 2011 (10:06 AM).
PokéSwimmer
Keeping time time time

It's in the desert. Go south from Nimbasa and left. You should end up in the Desert Resort. The Relic Castle is located in the northernmost part of the Desert Resort.

Old June 24th, 2011 (10:08 AM).
Brittani
Pokefan for life!! (:

Ok, I am wanting to get the recorded wifi battle from my DSi onto a SD card and I do not currently own a flash card nor do I own a microSD, Just an SD card. That's ALL I want to know right now, is how to get that data onto my SD card from my DSi

Old June 24th, 2011 (10:16 AM).
PokéSwimmer
Keeping time time time

Ok, I am wanting to get the recorded wifi battle from my DSi onto a SD card and I do not currently own a flash card nor do I own a microSD, Just an SD card. That's ALL I want to know right now, is how to get that data onto my SD card from my DSi
I highly doubt that the Battle Video data is stored in any kind of watchable video format (more likely, the game just "replays" the battle). Therefore, I don't think there is a way to put the videos on an SD card. I'm pretty sure the best you can do is upload the battle to WiFi and write down the number it gives you (so you can watch it again).

Old June 24th, 2011 (10:17 AM).
RHIOneAlbum
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Serious
Send a message via AIM to RHIOneAlbum
My Black City is empty, I tried entralinking with my lil sister that has white (shes not at white city yet)
I haven't messed with my clock and I wanna know why theres only like 5 buildings in the VERY BACK of BC without doors, then a Pokecenter off to the side. THERE ARE NO TRAINERS OR ENTERABLE BUILDINGS!?!
Wtf?
Please help O.o
Old June 24th, 2011 (10:25 AM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by RHIOneAlbum:
My Black City is empty, I tried entralinking with my lil sister that has white (shes not at white city yet)
I haven't messed with my clock and I wanna know why theres only like 5 buildings in the VERY BACK of BC without doors, then a Pokecenter off to the side. THERE ARE NO TRAINERS OR ENTERABLE BUILDINGS!?!
Wtf?
Please help O.o
It entirely depends on how long it takes you to get to the city. I only had one person in my White Forest after spending 50+ hours getting to it. My boyfriend had about 5 trainers in his Black City after spending ~25. Also, if you don't talk to the people every day, they'll eventually disappear.

To get more people, you accept a quest (not a timed one) from the Entralink dude, and visit your sister's world. Then you go to her White Forest and talk to the people there. Some of them will want to go to Black City, and then you'll have more people.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old June 24th, 2011 (11:55 AM).
~Akiko
<3

Is Metagross a wall? Does he play multiple roles or what is his main role?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links