Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 24th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Gulpin
poisonous
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
Metagross is more of a mixed attacker. Here is his 5th Gen OU Analysis so that you can read up on him -- [x].
< < < I know you want these lumps
Old June 24th, 2011, 06:11 PM
aspie3000
Unova Champion

Nature: Lonely
I wan't to start an all dragon team but I'm already more than half way through the game.
Old June 24th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspie3000 View Post
I wan't to start an all dragon team but I'm already more than half way through the game.
Well the dragons you can get in Unova before the game is over is Axew, Druddigon, and Deino. Axew can't be found until near the end of the game because you need Surf first. Druddigon is only found around the 7th gym. Deino is found on Victory Road. So if I were you I wouldn't start over, since dragons aren't found till later in the game anyway.
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
Old June 24th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Gulpin
poisonous
Community Supporter

It's up to you whether or not to restart, but I wouldn't because you don't find any dragons until about halfway through the game anyways if I remember correctly.

Aww, ninja'd
Old June 24th, 2011, 07:16 PM
LavanZev
Bringer of Orange Soda!

Nature: Calm
Okay, I have a few (quick questions) hehe.

First thing what is the best nature and moves for a pikachu and charmander?

Second is...Allright I really don't get this stupid interlink world thing. I've done a interlink with white forest and black city and I've only been able to bring one trainer back to black city. Its like I'm not at the max, I have 2 trainers in black city but thats all. Please, help me out, I'm not stupid. I've read all the directions and nobody really knows the answer for this one.

haha please help a bro out

Anyone a friend of Lucario is a friend of mine.

"You have enemies ? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life" Winston Churchill

Black FC: 2193-7435-9991 Lavan

Old June 24th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Oryx
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavanZev View Post
Okay, I have a few (quick questions) hehe.

Second is...Allright I really don't get this stupid interlink world thing. I've done a interlink with white forest and black city and I've only been able to bring one trainer back to black city. Its like I'm not at the max, I have 2 trainers in black city but thats all. Please, help me out, I'm not stupid. I've read all the directions and nobody really knows the answer for this one.

haha please help a bro out
I can't answer your first, but I did answer your second on irc. Sometimes you just can't bring many over. Try Entralinking with other people. I could only get 2 from one game and my boyfriend got 3 from mine.
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
Old June 24th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Gymnotide
8377 | Scorpaeniform

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by LavanZev View Post
Pikachu @ Light Ball
= Timid
~ Lightningrod
# Volt Change
# Grass Knot
# Hidden Power [ICE]
# Agility

Come in on an Electric-type attack, use Agility. Hope you don't faint, then use an attack. Your foe is probably expecting an Electric-type attack, so use Grass Knot or [ICE] to send them away. Volt Change is good for switching out. Pikachu isn't the best Pokemon to use.

Raichu @ Air Balloon
= Timid
~ Lightningrod
# Encore
# Thunder Wave / Agility
# Electro Ball
# Hidden Power [ICE]

Switch in on an Electric-type attack, Encore it, Thunder Wave / Agility on the switch and attempt to sweep using a powered up Electro Ball (due to increased Speed as well as Lightningrod's bonus).

Charmander @ Oran Berry
= Jolly
~ Blaze
# Swords Dance
# Flame Charge
# Fire Punch / Thunderpunch
# Dragon Claw

Swords Dance and Flame Charge to get your stats up. Sweep with Fire Punch / Thunderpunch or Dragon Claw, which have pretty strong coverage in Little Cup.

Charizard @ Choice Specs
= Timid
~ Solar Power
# Fire Blast
# Focus Blast
# Air Slash
# Filler

Use in sunlight. Wreck things with massive SpA. Fire Blast hits harder than anything else in sunlight, so don't even bother with that super effective game, unless you're hitting for 4x effective. If you hit a Parasect with Dry Skin, you'll hit 8x on Fire Blast, though, plus STAB. Plus 50% from sunlight. Plus Solar Power. Plus Choice Specs. That's 2160 Base Power running off 713.25 SpA. 7492-8820 damage just fyi.
lurid/lucid

"I want to tear myself from this place, from this reality, rise up like a cloud and float away, melt into this humid summer night and dissolve somewhere far, over the hills. But I am here, my legs blocks of concrete, my lungs empty of air, my throat burning. There will be no floating away."

Khaled Hosseini

→ Refresh for a different picture
→ White FC: Haruka 0347 0171 1756

whoever disabled my signature:
my signature is not even close to 300px tall.
i dont understand why it was disabled.

Last edited by Gymnotide; June 24th, 2011 at 09:47 PM.
Old June 25th, 2011, 06:35 PM
rosefox911

Hello,

First I'd like to say that I am new to Pokemon Black and White. The last experience I had with pokemon was with Pokemon Silver (On Gameboy Color). I have just recently learned of something called. EV Training. From what I understand, you can manipulate your pokemon's stats with certain items. My question is, would I be able to have full control of these starts at any level? (even level 100?) Or would I need to start from level 1 in order to achieve the stats I specifically want. I've read guides online but they say mixed things. Thank you for your answer!
Old June 25th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Gulpin
poisonous
Community Supporter

I think there is a way to EV train at level 100, but I'm not sure if it is possible in BW. You should read as many guides as you can, and there is one in the FAQ, and probably some in the Competitive Battle Center, and Google ought to bring up quite a few guides if you Google 'BW EV Training Guide."
Old June 25th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Oryx
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by deku View Post
I think there is a way to EV train at level 100, but I'm not sure if it is possible in BW. You should read as many guides as you can, and there is one in the FAQ, and probably some in the Competitive Battle Center, and Google ought to bring up quite a few guides if you Google 'BW EV Training Guide."
You're right, you can EV train at 100 in B/W. But chances are, EVs will be distributed by then. It only applies really to Pokemon that were received at 100 (gift Pokemon), and rare candied Pokemon.

And although you can change them at any level until you use all the EVs available, if you start from a newly hatched egg you can be sure that your Pokemon started with 0 EVs. If you pick, for example, your level 23 starter, it will already have some EVs on it. I believe the FAQ has an EV training guide.
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
Old June 25th, 2011, 06:54 PM
rosefox911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post

You're right, you can EV train at 100 in B/W. But chances are, EVs will be distributed by then. It only applies really to Pokemon that were received at 100 (gift Pokemon), and rare candied Pokemon.

And although you can change them at any level until you use all the EVs available, if you start from a newly hatched egg you can be sure that your Pokemon started with 0 EVs. If you pick, for example, your level 23 starter, it will already have some EVs on it. I believe the FAQ has an EV training guide.
Okay, thanks. I was also wondering. Say I started doing it with my level 25 starter. Would I still be able to use berries (read that somewhere) to lower the EV to the point I want? Is there anyway to have full control over EV at level 50 or something?
Old June 25th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Oryx
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosefox911 View Post
Okay, thanks. I was also wondering. Say I started doing it with my level 25 starter. Would I still be able to use berries (read that somewhere) to lower the EV to the point I want? Is there anyway to have full control over EV at level 50 or something?
Technically yes, but the only way to get those berries is through the Dream World, so if you want them be sure to start doing that every day to get enough points so that you can collect them.
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
Old June 25th, 2011, 08:14 PM
rosefox911

Thanks so much for all your help! I did have a few other questions:

1. What is action replay and does it work with the 3ds?

2. Couldn't I IV/Ev (whatever it is called) train my pokemon quicker with action replay?

3. Can I use modified pokemon (using action replay) to play online?

Sorry if this is not allowed or taboo I am new to this.
Old June 25th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Oryx
Community Supporter

Quote:
Thanks so much for all your help! I did have a few other questions:

1. What is action replay and does it work with the 3ds?

2. Couldn't I IV/Ev (whatever it is called) train my pokemon quicker with action replay?

3. Can I use modified pokemon (using action replay) to play online?

Sorry if this is not allowed or taboo I am new to this.
1. It's a hacking device, but idk if it works with the 3ds.
2. Probably yeah, because it would hack you perfect Pokemon.
3. Not really, unless you know how to do it Nintendo can pick out hacked Pokemon. I would just do it the traditional way.
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
Old June 25th, 2011, 08:22 PM
rosefox911

Quote:

1. It's a hacking device, but idk if it works with the 3ds.
2. Probably yeah, because it would hack you perfect Pokemon.
3. Not really, unless you know how to do it Nintendo can pick out hacked Pokemon. I would just do it the traditional way.
Yeah, i wasn't really going to hack max stats for everything or anything. I was just wondering if I could speed up the leveling process.
Old June 25th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Caranciio
Doof?

Nature: Quirky
I'm looking for a Dream World Shuppet, Drifloon and other Pokemon because of their abilities. I've been trying to find a list as to where I can find these Pokemon in Dream World, but I can't find anything. Is there a list that anyone knows of that lists the Pokemon and their locations in DW? I've checked Bulbapedia and it didn't include the above Pokemon anywhere, yet they have DW abilities.
My trade thread:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=253659

Old June 25th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Oryx
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caranciio View Post
I'm looking for a Dream World Shuppet, Drifloon and other Pokemon because of their abilities. I've been trying to find a list as to where I can find these Pokemon in Dream World, but I can't find anything. Is there a list that anyone knows of that lists the Pokemon and their locations in DW? I've checked Bulbapedia and it didn't include the above Pokemon anywhere, yet they have DW abilities.
Try this link for all available right now. Just because they have abilities doesn't mean they're available just yet.
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
Old June 25th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Gymnotide
8377 | Scorpaeniform

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caranciio View Post
Quote:

Try this link for all available right now. Just because they have abilities doesn't mean they're available just yet.
Smogon has been keeping track of this in a more concise way as well (as well as released Dream World exclusive moves). I'd link, but forum rules <3
lurid/lucid

"I want to tear myself from this place, from this reality, rise up like a cloud and float away, melt into this humid summer night and dissolve somewhere far, over the hills. But I am here, my legs blocks of concrete, my lungs empty of air, my throat burning. There will be no floating away."

Khaled Hosseini

→ Refresh for a different picture
→ White FC: Haruka 0347 0171 1756

whoever disabled my signature:
my signature is not even close to 300px tall.
i dont understand why it was disabled.
Old June 26th, 2011, 08:52 AM
rosefox911

Here's a quick question:

1. from my understanding, your pokemon are caught/born with certain IV Traits. You want them to have their Iv traits in the things you want to Ev Boost. How do you know what IV your newly breed pokemon has?

2. From my understanding, EV training only takes about 1 hour to do. Basically, you set your pokemon on the right track for the EV you want by killing certain pokemon with certain items equipped on your pokemon. However, when my pokemon is on the right track with EV, how do I get to to max level? Do I need to continue killing thoss specific pokemon that give it the ev traits? Or can I just kill anything?
Old June 26th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Oryx
Community Supporter

Quote:
Here's a quick question:

1. from my understanding, your pokemon are caught/born with certain IV Traits. You want them to have their Iv traits in the things you want to Ev Boost. How do you know what IV your newly breed pokemon has?
There are many IV checkers online, but they're generally not very accurate for a level 1 Pokemon. What I do is save my game, give my Pokemon my 10 or so Rare Candies, plug the stats into an IV checker online to see if it has close to what I want, and then restart the game without saving so I don't lose the Candies. There are other ways to do it (Daycare levels it without giving it EVs as well), or you can use an AR. Using an AR to check IVs isn't generally considered cheating.

Quote:
2. From my understanding, EV training only takes about 1 hour to do. Basically, you set your pokemon on the right track for the EV you want by killing certain pokemon with certain items equipped on your pokemon. However, when my pokemon is on the right track with EV, how do I get to to max level? Do I need to continue killing thoss specific pokemon that give it the ev traits? Or can I just kill anything?
EV train before you level. If your Pokemon is level 1, have it hold an Exp. Share instead of the Power Item, or switch it out at the beginning so it can hold the Power Item, but either way EV train before you do anything else. After your EVs are maxed out, it doesn't matter what you kill. That's when you start Elite Four grinding, or Audino grinding, to get your Pokemon to the level you want.
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
Old June 26th, 2011, 09:03 AM
rosefox911

Quote:

There are many IV checkers online, but they're generally not very accurate for a level 1 Pokemon. What I do is save my game, give my Pokemon my 10 or so Rare Candies, plug the stats into an IV checker online to see if it has close to what I want, and then restart the game without saving so I don't lose the Candies. There are other ways to do it (Daycare levels it without giving it EVs as well), or you can use an AR. Using an AR to check IVs isn't generally considered cheating.

EV train before you level. If your Pokemon is level 1, have it hold an Exp. Share instead of the Power Item, or switch it out at the beginning so it can hold the Power Item, but either way EV train before you do anything else. After your EVs are maxed out, it doesn't matter what you kill. That's when you start Elite Four grinding, or Audino grinding, to get your Pokemon to the level you want.
Thanks for the swift reply. Here are a few other questions:

1. Doing your method (with the save) would I get different results each time I give them the 10 rare candies? (I could technically keep doing this till I get the right one if this is true) Or would I have to scrap the pokemon?

2. What do you mean by EV Train? Isn't Ev training where your pokemon gets Ev points on a certain stat everytime you kill x pokemon? Do you mean I should kill the pokemon that give me the stat I want till I have achieved the maximum refinement I want, then I can go level normally?
Old June 26th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Oryx
Community Supporter

Quote:
Thanks for the swift reply. Here are a few other questions:

1. Doing your method (with the save) would I get different results each time I give them the 10 rare candies? (I could technically keep doing this till I get the right one if this is true) Or would I have to scrap the pokemon?
I'm not sure what you mean. IVs are set once the egg is hatched. 10 Rare Candies will have the same effect every time you give them to a Pokemon because as soon as they're born their path is decided (I guess we know where Nintendo stands on nature vs nurture...)
Quote:
2. What do you mean by EV Train? Isn't Ev training where your pokemon gets Ev points on a certain stat everytime you kill x pokemon? Do you mean I should kill the pokemon that give me the stat I want till I have achieved the maximum refinement I want, then I can go level normally?
You're better off looking at a full EV guide to get the more detailed answer, but basically, you have 510 EVs to distribute as you want, and can only have 255 at once in a stat. 4 EVs = 1 stat point, so you don't want more than 252 in a stat because the last 3 are wasted. Generally most EV spreads are 252 in two different stats, then 4 in a third. Once you have your EVs set the way you want, then you can level in any way that you want.
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
Old June 26th, 2011, 09:15 AM
rosefox911

Final question (sorry for all the questions):

You mentioned that Iv/nature/etc is determined once the pokemon hatches. So, do you think it would be beneficial to just save the game right before I am given the egg, wait till it hatches, give it rare candy etc etc till I get the nature/IV I want? Or is there a better way?
Old June 26th, 2011, 09:20 AM
竜の子
Avy made by Trainer Touko

Nature: Brave
YEs,the only other ways would be:

Hacking
Mass breeding
trading
►Paired with LightningStrike & Fuutachimaru

Old June 26th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Oryx
Community Supporter

Quote:
Final question (sorry for all the questions):

You mentioned that Iv/nature/etc is determined once the pokemon hatches. So, do you think it would be beneficial to just save the game right before I am given the egg, wait till it hatches, give it rare candy etc etc till I get the nature/IV I want? Or is there a better way?
Well the egg has its own IVs, but tbh I'm not sure about it before it's given to you. What I do to get the IVs I want are keep a Pokemon with Flame body in my party (halves steps to hatching), and keep running in front the Daycare. I pick up 5 eggs and make them all hatch, then one by one check all their IVs. If nothing, I release them all in the Daycare PC and do it again for 5 more.
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here