Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 26th, 2011 (03:58 PM).
Brittani
Pokefan for life!! (:

Nature: Calm
What's the point of Pokemon Online or any other pokemon simulator? People can just max out all stats and win easily by doing so, so what's the point of selecting your dream team and how you'd train them exactly if there's a chance of going up against some jerk who just maxed their team? You didn't even train those pokemon, so it's a rather lazy way of battling and it takes away the meaning of it. If someone could make me understand better than by all means do so

"Peace under an illusion is not true peace. It's only meaningful if the real world manages to accomplish it." - Gaara ♥

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.

Old June 26th, 2011 (04:02 PM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Brittani:
What's the point of Pokemon Online or any other pokemon simulator? People can just max out all stats and win easily by doing so, so what's the point of selecting your dream team and how you'd train them exactly if there's a chance of going up against some jerk who just maxed their team? You didn't even train those pokemon, so it's a rather lazy way of battling and it takes away the meaning of it. If someone could make me understand better than by all means do so ^^
In the Pokemon simulator, there's no chance of you losing because you don't want to put forth weeks just breeding the perfect Pokemon. You can practice with your team and see if it's viable competitively before you try to spend all the time raising Pokemon that aren't great. Plus if you enjoy the battling aspect but not the training aspect you can have fun with that. All the Pokemon are held to the same rules as ingame with EVs and IVs and movesets.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old June 26th, 2011 (05:15 PM).
LavanZev
Bringer of Orange Soda!

What vitamins should I give my timid charmander? I will be giving him, well charzard choice lens as I was told.

Anyone a friend of Lucario is a friend of mine.

"You have enemies ? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life" Winston Churchill

Black FC: 2193-7435-9991 Lavan

Old June 26th, 2011 (05:44 PM). Edited June 26th, 2011 by Kaori.
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Quote originally posted by LavanZev:
What vitamins should I give my timid charmander? I will be giving him, well charzard choice lens as I was told.
Choice lens? I'm pretty sure that's not an item...

Though if you mean Power Lens, that raises Special Attack EVs so you're going to want to use Calcium. We have a whole EV guide with vitamin listings and all, here.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old June 26th, 2011 (05:48 PM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Kaori:

Choice lens? I'm pretty sure that's not an item...

Though if you mean Power Lens, that raises Special Attack EVs so you're going to want to use Calcium.
I think he's melding together Power Lens and Choice Specs, which was what was suggested for his Timid Charizard a few pages back. Doesn't change the answer though.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old June 26th, 2011 (11:02 PM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Or he could mean Choice Band... =)

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old June 27th, 2011 (12:03 AM).
Gymnotide
8377 | Scorpaeniform

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by Ash493:
Or he could mean Choice Band... =)
No. This was discussed a few pages back. I suggested to the OP that Choice Specs were the optimal choice for Charizard to use. Besides, Choice Band Charizard sucks lol

"I want to tear myself from this place, from this reality, rise up like a cloud and float away, melt into this humid summer night and dissolve somewhere far, over the hills. But I am here, my legs blocks of concrete, my lungs empty of air, my throat burning. There will be no floating away."

Khaled Hosseini

→ Refresh for a different picture
→ White FC: Haruka 0347 0171 1756

whoever disabled my signature:
my signature is not even close to 300px tall.
i dont understand why it was disabled.
Old June 27th, 2011 (08:50 AM).
rosefox911

How rampant is cheating online? I don't want to spend weeks building my team just to have some jerk have maxed out hacked pokemon.
Old June 27th, 2011 (08:55 AM).
jigglyppuff8

Nature: Modest
Nonexistant in Nintendo's own random wi-fi battle system. All Pokemon I've encountered there are completely legal.

Outside of it, you'll find some hackers, but the ratio is very small. More likely, you'll find people will use Pokemon that are within the limits of legality than people who use hacks that make Pokemon stronger than they should be.

Old June 27th, 2011 (09:03 AM).
Kirbychu
Scyther

Quote originally posted by rosefox911:
How rampant is cheating online? I don't want to spend weeks building my team just to have some jerk have maxed out hacked pokemon.
If any Pokemon is hacked they still possess legal stats. The random wi-fi system has a filter that kicks off Pokemon with illegal movesets, stats, abilities, etc. I once hacked a legal egg move onto a Dusclops I bred legally, but that isn't even allowed.

Paired to cr4y

Old June 27th, 2011 (10:05 AM).
JP
wut?
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Kirbychu:

If any Pokemon is hacked they still possess legal stats. The random wi-fi system has a filter that kicks off Pokemon with illegal movesets, stats, abilities, etc. I once hacked a legal egg move onto a Dusclops I bred legally, but that isn't even allowed.
Wow, I'm glad they're getting stricter about things like these... though the egg move thing I find a bit too extreme. I don't see hacking a move that a Pokemon can legitimately learn doing any harm. Still, it's nice to see such strictness be put into effect.
Old June 27th, 2011 (11:12 AM).
竜の子
Avy made by Trainer Touko

Nature: Brave
So what IVs LIllipoup,watchdog and Herdier give?
Cuz I foresee a lotta battles to get my first two badges

Old June 27th, 2011 (11:21 AM). Edited June 27th, 2011 by Kirbychu.
Kirbychu
Scyther

Quote originally posted by 竜の子:
So what IVs LIllipoup,watchdog and Herdier give?
Cuz I foresee a lotta battles to get my first two badges
I think you mean EVs? IVs are the ones that you have to breed to get.

Lillipup - 1 Atk
Herdier - 2 Atk
Watchog - 1 Atk

Quote originally posted by JP:
Wow, I'm glad they're getting stricter about things like these... though the egg move thing I find a bit too extreme. I don't see hacking a move that a Pokemon can legitimately learn doing any harm. Still, it's nice to see such strictness be put into effect.
I suppose it's for the best. Hacking will take a drastic hit thanks to the wi-fi filter and the frequent updates to 3DS. Action Replay will most likely be eliminated since Nintendo's newest handheld is going to be receiving official updates by itself. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure firmware updates like this are the reason that Action Replay stop working for the Wii. This means the tools for hacking Pokemon games will be no longer be as accessible as they are now once Game Freak starts developing for the 3DS. If you want to hack you're going to have to jump though some hoops like the Wii hackers.

Paired to cr4y

Old June 27th, 2011 (12:04 PM).
竜の子

Quote originally posted by Kirbychu:

I think you mean EVs? IVs are the ones that you have to breed to get.

Lillipup - 1 Atk
Herdier - 2 Atk
Watchog - 1 Atk
Yeah,I meant that,sorry for the misunderstanding.All attack,I guess it's time to mae my Tepig/Scraggy shine

Old June 27th, 2011 (01:06 PM).
Jeikobu
God's beloved child

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu
How many "Wing"s should I use at a time on a Pokemon per level? If I use a whole ton between one level up, will various stats still be boosted a lot, or will different feathers nullify each other to some point, and will using too many between one level up have no effect beyond a certain point?
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old June 27th, 2011 (01:12 PM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Jeikobu:
How many "Wing"s should I use at a time on a Pokemon per level? If I use a whole ton between one level up, will various stats still be boosted a lot, or will different feathers nullify each other to some point, and will using too many between one level up have no effect beyond a certain point?
You should probably read an EV guide to fully understand feathers. Each one adds 1 EV to the given stat, up to 255 EVs per stat and 510 EVs over an entire Pokemon. Check out a guide to get a much more in-depth understanding of EVs and different ways to raise them :)

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old June 27th, 2011 (01:19 PM).
竜の子

IS it better to train Emboar's Fire part with SpAtt or the FIght with Att?

Old June 27th, 2011 (01:25 PM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Generally it's EVed for Attack, considering that it learns 3 Fire/Physical moves and only one Fighting/Special. Although it's not unheard of to have it EVed in both, I really don't think it's common to just train it in Special Attack because its Fighting side is very stinted in that way.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old June 27th, 2011 (01:29 PM).
Vrai
can you feel my heart?
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Its best stat and moves are with its physical Attack stat so you should EV train that. Pokemon aren't split into sides with one being better in one attack than the other - it's one whole Pokemon, and Emboar in particular likes to smash things with its physical moves rather than its special ones. :)
Old June 27th, 2011 (06:27 PM).
Gymnotide
8377 | Scorpaeniform

If you read this perchance, I just want to point out that Emboar is also formidable in the Special field regardless of what the two posters above have mentioned. While it's not as high as his bATK of 123, he does have 100 points in bSpA. That's a lot. He also has good coverage attacks in the Special field too--STAB isn't all that matters. Besides, your foe is expecting you to use Physical moves, so why not surprise them?

Emboar @ Life Orb
~ Blaze / Reckless
# Flare Blitz
# Superpower / Earthquake / Wild Charge
# Scald / Grass Knot
# Cheer Up

Cheer Up lets you break through stallers who want to wall you in a certain move. Running Scald means Jellicent completely walls you, though... And Grass Knot doesn't do that well against it either. However, the set is pretty solid as it goes. edit I've added Wild Charge on the off-chance you find that useful too.

Emboar @ Choice Specs
~ Blaze
# Overheat
# Scald
# Grass Knot
# Focus Blast

Probably needs some Trick Room support just for the SPE--bSPE 65 is pretty low. Using Specs allows you to incorporate all of Emboar's best Special attacks in one set. However, it's also pretty predictable (after the shock that you're actually using a Special Emboar wth).

Emboar @ Life Orb
~ Blaze / Reckless
# Overheat
# Wild Charge
# Head Smash
# Superpower

Kind of a mix of the above two. Trick Room, please.

Though, admittedly, Emboar does have more variety in the Physical field. Note the following two sets.

Emboar @ Choice Band / Life Orb
~ Reckless
# Flare Blitz
# Wild Charge
# Head Smash
# Earthquake

Wreck things with Reckless. Don't bother with Earthquake unless it hits 4x. You'll hit yourself back really, really hard so don't expect too many kills. Possibly run with Wish support.

Emboar @ Life Orb
~ Blaze
# Heat Stamp
# Curse
# Hammer Arm
# Gyro Ball

Minimize SPE IV and EVs / use Brave nature. Hammer Arm adds to Gyro Ball pain. Trick Room support, please.

"I want to tear myself from this place, from this reality, rise up like a cloud and float away, melt into this humid summer night and dissolve somewhere far, over the hills. But I am here, my legs blocks of concrete, my lungs empty of air, my throat burning. There will be no floating away."

Khaled Hosseini

Old June 28th, 2011 (01:31 PM).
LavanZev
Bringer of Orange Soda!

Okay in white forest, its plum full of people. But I've only had one mission from the old guy in the shack since saturday. He's not giving me anymore and all the people keep on saying come back tomorrow. Does anybody no what the problem is? Plus oooh, anyone knows what nintendo is doing with this 24 hour update? New pokemon? ooh haha

"You have enemies ? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life" Winston Churchill

Old June 28th, 2011 (04:16 PM).
Gymnotide
8377 | Scorpaeniform

Have you been fiddling with your DS clock, or switching DS consoles? Don't do that.
Maybe we're getting Pokemon Cafe :P Though, probably not T~T

Khaled Hosseini

Old June 28th, 2011 (06:27 PM).
okjoek
Hoenn champ

I'm finaly at long last at the unova leage to become a pokemon master (I try to stay enthusiastic like I used to be) and I'm not sure I'm ready. I've faught every trainer I could possibly find throughou the ntire region. I cleaned up all routes including the dead end waterway near the starting town aswell as battle facilities such as thebattle company or whatever in castelia which braught me to a team of:

serperior level 50
simipour level 45
stoutland level 45
darmanitan level 43
swanna level 43
and fraxure level 47

Will pokemon of this level be able to win? I'm out of people I could find to fight and I find it unusual that there are still two towns and the white forrest they won't let me visit yet aswell as stopping team plasma before becoming the champion? I thaught you were supposed to finnish the storyline before becoming champion. in most pokemon games.
Old June 28th, 2011 (06:58 PM).
PokéSwimmer
Keeping time time time

Quote originally posted by okjoek:
I'm finaly at long last at the unova leage to become a pokemon master (I try to stay enthusiastic like I used to be) and I'm not sure I'm ready. I've faught every trainer I could possibly find throughou the ntire region. I cleaned up all routes including the dead end waterway near the starting town aswell as battle facilities such as thebattle company or whatever in castelia which braught me to a team of:

serperior level 50
simipour level 45
stoutland level 45
darmanitan level 43
swanna level 43
and fraxure level 47

Will pokemon of this level be able to win? I'm out of people I could find to fight and I find it unusual that there are still two towns and the white forrest they won't let me visit yet aswell as stopping team plasma before becoming the champion? I thaught you were supposed to finnish the storyline before becoming champion. in most pokemon games.
The Elite Four aren't that difficult, just go for it. Stock up on healing items like revives, full restores, moo moo milk, etc., and you'll be fine with pretty much any team. You don't become the champion in the main storyline, there is a much more interesting twist. Also, those two towns are for the postgame.

Old June 28th, 2011 (07:06 PM).
LavanZev
Bringer of Orange Soda!

Quote originally posted by Gymnotide:
Have you been fiddling with your DS clock, or switching DS consoles? Don't do that.
Maybe we're getting Pokemon Cafe Though, probably not T~T
Will the clock go back to normal? Because you totally guessed what I was doing :p.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links