Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page B W Quick Questions

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread

Old July 19th, 2011 (11:18 AM).
Team Johto

Nature: Quirky
I have a extremespeed Dragonite, Adamant nature and I was wondering about a good moveset for it. I am also not sure if I should just completely swap it out for salamence or garchomp if its that inferior. My pokemon team is made up of quite slow pokemon: Metagross, Blaziken (speed boost), Tyranitar Torterra, and Blastoise, so I was wondering if I should swap some out. I was thinking to swap Blastoise for Starmie and Torterra for Venusaur or Sceptile. Is this a good idea for a good team?
Old July 19th, 2011 (11:24 AM).
and it's called black magic
Team Sinnoh
Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by wirbinspastic:
I have a extremespeed Dragonite, Adamant nature and I was wondering about a good moveset for it. I am also not sure if I should just completely swap it out for salamence or garchomp if its that inferior. My pokemon team is made up of quite slow pokemon: Metagross, Blaziken (speed boost), Tyranitar Torterra, and Blastoise, so I was wondering if I should swap some out. I was thinking to swap Blastoise for Starmie and Torterra for Venusaur or Sceptile. Is this a good idea for a good team?
Well if you're going to playing competitively, Garchomp and Blaziken are banned.

Dragonite is only good now if it has Multi-Scale. But replacing Blastoise with Starmie isn't a bad idea, but for a better Pokemon replace it with Swampert, who is really bulky and can fight back. Venusaur is only good this generation with it's DW Ability, and the Sun for support which your team does not have. Instead of using Sceptile and Venusaur go for Breloom. If you're looking for team advice, heading over to the CBC would be good.
Old July 19th, 2011 (01:36 PM).
Team Kanto

Could anyone please teach me about makng sprites, logos and the such? this would be much help thanks.
Old July 19th, 2011 (01:53 PM).
and it's called black magic
Team Sinnoh
Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by Frax:
Could anyone please teach me about makng sprites, logos and the such? this would be much help thanks.
It would be best to go and goolge tutorials for them. This thread is for questions related to Pokemon Black and White.
Old July 19th, 2011 (04:18 PM).
let it go
Team Unova
Crystal TierEO

Quote originally posted by Frax:
If Google doesn't give you anything useful, try using the spriting tutorial thread :)
Old July 19th, 2011 (09:28 PM).
God's beloved child
Team Kalos

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu
Ok, stressed with some Dream World stuff. I befriend several Pokemon in an hour's playing time, and of course choose one at the Dream Tree. However, the next day when I return the other ones I befriended are all gone. Does this have to do with the message it gives when I try to disconnect from the Dream World, where it gives two different exiting options? Since I use it in Japanese and I'm not fluent, I don't entirely understand the difference between the two, but I know it seems the first option involves waking your sleeping Pokemon up, and the involves not doing so, but the second makes it sound like if I choose that option, I won't be able to return to Dream Island again until I do wake it up.

Long story short, how do I do it so the Pokemon I didn't choose at the Dream Tree one time remain for the next time I go?
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old July 19th, 2011 (09:32 PM).
8377 | Scorpaeniform
Team Kalos

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by Jeikobu:
Ok, stressed with some Dream World stuff. I befriend several Pokemon in an hour's playing time, and of course choose one at the Dream Tree. However, the next day when I return the other ones I befriended are all gone. Does this have to do with the message it gives when I try to disconnect from the Dream World, where it gives two different exiting options? Since I use it in Japanese and I'm not fluent, I don't entirely understand the difference between the two, but I know it seems the first option involves waking your sleeping Pokemon up, and the involves not doing so, but the second makes it sound like if I choose that option, I won't be able to return to Dream Island again until I do wake it up.

Long story short, how do I do it so the Pokemon I didn't choose at the Dream Tree one time remain for the next time I go?
When you leave Dream World, all the Pokemon at the tree that you didn't pick return to the forest. You'll just have to find them again. There's no way to send more than one Pokemon back to your game, either.

"I want to tear myself from this place, from this reality, rise up like a cloud and float away, melt into this humid summer night and dissolve somewhere far, over the hills. But I am here, my legs blocks of concrete, my lungs empty of air, my throat burning. There will be no floating away."

Khaled Hosseini

→ Refresh for a different picture
→ White FC: Haruka 0347 0171 1756

whoever disabled my signature:
my signature is not even close to 300px tall.
i dont understand why it was disabled.
Old July 19th, 2011 (09:34 PM).
Keeping time time time
Team Johto

Nature: Relaxed

The only way for the Pokémon to remain at the Dream Tree is to not choose one. The exiting options don't matter. You get to choose one of the Pokémon at the tree to keep and the rest will disappear. I don't believe there's any way around it.

Old July 19th, 2011 (10:30 PM).
God's beloved child
Team Kalos

Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu
The limitations I'm discovering just seem to increase all the time. So then I guess there's no point in befriending more than one Pokemon per day. It seems that though we are alloted an hour a day, there's barely enough to do to last 10 minutes in one day because of all the handicaps.
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old July 19th, 2011 (10:56 PM).
CoquettishCat
Team Kanto
Crystal Tier

The limitations I'm discovering just seem to increase all the time. So then I guess there's no point in befriending more than one Pokemon per day. It seems that though we are alloted an hour a day, there's barely enough to do to last 10 minutes in one day because of all the handicaps.
You can't bring more than one back with you, but you get points for completing the games which give you access to new areas and new Pokemon in those areas, as well as new berry rows, so there is a point to playing the game of a Pokemon that you don't want.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old July 20th, 2011 (12:56 AM).
8377 | Scorpaeniform
Team Kalos

Each Pokemon you successfully befriend allots you Dream Points, which will in turn serve you to unlock more Pokemon per area, new areas, new items, Diglett visits in your garden, potential level-up for the sleeping Pokemon, and... Bragging rights. So, it's good to befriend as many Pokemon as possible.

Plus, if you befriend multiple of one species, you're able to pick between them. That basically means you'll possibly have the same Pokemon with different moves... Or if you're lucky, you'll land a female on a breed-eligible Pokemon (Dream World abilities can be passed on by the female).

"I want to tear myself from this place, from this reality, rise up like a cloud and float away, melt into this humid summer night and dissolve somewhere far, over the hills. But I am here, my legs blocks of concrete, my lungs empty of air, my throat burning. There will be no floating away."

Khaled Hosseini

Old July 20th, 2011 (03:46 AM).
Team Sinnoh

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheDoomSpoon
Could anyone tell me where the best place to train and level your Pokemon in White is? I assume its the E4 but is there anywhere else?

Game Status:
White - Completed + Training + Team Building
Hearts Gold - Completed + Training + Team Building
Platinum - Restarted
Diamond - Restarted
Old July 20th, 2011 (03:56 AM).
just a guy
Team Johto
CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote originally posted by TheDoomSpoon:
Could anyone tell me where the best place to train and level your Pokemon in White is? I assume its the E4 but is there anywhere else?
Assuming you've already beaten the Elite Four, then I'd try the Challenger's Cave on Route 9. They're filled with a variety of high-leveled Pokémon and trainers. If you carry the Lucky Egg and Exp. Share with you, then you should be able to level up pretty quickly.
Old July 21st, 2011 (09:12 AM).
Team Kanto

i restarted my black game, can i just reregister my game sync id on DW? or do i have to make a new account?
Old July 21st, 2011 (09:47 PM).
God's beloved child
Team Kalos

Can I rearrange my decor in my Dream World house? All the stuff I've added so far has been bunched up to the far left of the room.

Old July 21st, 2011 (09:54 PM).
8377 | Scorpaeniform
Team Kalos

Can I rearrange my decor in my Dream World house? All the stuff I've added so far has been bunched up to the far left of the room.
There's a redecorate button in the upper-left menu. You can also use that to place furniture in the other sectors of your room (I believe there are 3 walls).

Khaled Hosseini

Old July 22nd, 2011 (01:56 AM).
Team Sinnoh

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheDoomSpoon
If you catch a wild Pokemon (for instance a lvl49 Patrat) will it have any EV points on its stats already or will all stats have 0 EV?

Game Status:
White - Completed + Training + Team Building
Hearts Gold - Completed + Training + Team Building
Platinum - Restarted
Diamond - Restarted
Old July 22nd, 2011 (02:01 AM).
CoquettishCat
Team Kanto
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by TheDoomSpoon:
If you catch a wild Pokemon (for instance a lvl49 Patrat) will it have any EV points on its stats already or will all stats have 0 EV?
Level 59 Patrat whaaaat

They'll always have 0 EVs, there's no such thing as an EV trained Pokemon that you didn't train yourself or receive from another real person (not NPC) in a trade.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old July 23rd, 2011 (01:35 PM).
Keeping time time time
Team Johto

I asked this a while ago, but got no response, so I'll ask again. How do I get Fennel to stop giving me the tutorial every single time I use the dream world? It's getting very irritating...

Old July 23rd, 2011 (01:39 PM).
8377 | Scorpaeniform
Team Kalos

There's a skip button on the bottom.

Khaled Hosseini

Old July 23rd, 2011 (01:42 PM).
Keeping time time time
Team Johto

Quote originally posted by Gymnotide:
There's a skip button on the bottom.
By tutorial, I mean explaining how to use the share shelf, garden, befriend a Pokémon, etc. There is no skip button for those...

Old July 23rd, 2011 (01:45 PM).
8377 | Scorpaeniform
Team Kalos

Did you enable your cookies?

Khaled Hosseini

Old July 23rd, 2011 (01:54 PM). Edited July 23rd, 2011 by PokéSwimmer.
Keeping time time time
Team Johto

Quote originally posted by Gymnotide:
Did you enable your cookies?
Ah that could be the problem. They are enabled, but are set to automatically clear after each browsing session. I'll turn that off. It's pretty silly for the PGL to save that setting to your cookies rather than to your account (if that is indeed the case).

EDIT: Well, I cleared my cookies and logged back in, then Fennel gave me the tutorial again T_T. Well, at least I know what the problem is now...

Old July 23rd, 2011 (05:31 PM).
learning new information!
Team Sinnoh

Nature: Brave
someone please help me! i just need a good, decent black and white team, im staring with oshawott and would really like stoutland and roggenrola in my team. also, id like movesets and abilitys, dont worry about the natures. and PLEASE NO LEGENDARIES OR POKEMON YOU NEED TO TRADE FOR. thanks :D

and sorry if this isnt in the rite place, just move it thanks
73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!" copy this as your signature!!!

sleep with one eye open,arcanine is coming to get you....
Old July 23rd, 2011 (11:49 PM).
Team Johto

Anyone knows a real fine dandy spot that has lots of Sewaddles and Swadloons? Don't tell me Pinwheel Forest please, cos that place is filled with other Pokemon I'm not wanting. If you haven't already guessed, I'm actually EV training Defense. x3
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links