The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 24th, 2011, 01:04 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond1304 View Post
Anyone knows a real fine dandy spot that has lots of Sewaddles and Swadloons? Don't tell me Pinwheel Forest please, cos that place is filled with other Pokemon I'm not wanting. If you haven't already guessed, I'm actually EV training Defense. x3
Well they are only on Route 6, Lostlorn Forest and mentioned Pinwheel Forest... so you don't have more choices...

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 24th, 2011, 01:13 AM
Oryx
open up your sea chart
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
As far as Defense EV Training, the only places that are good all only have 50% encounter rates of the ones you want. Defense is just a rough thing to EV train. :/ If the Pokemon in question is Water/Grass, you can go to Wellspring Cave and fight Roggenrola at a 50% encounter rate, or if it's fire you can go fight Klink/Ferroseed for a combined 49% encounter rate.

'Hoy, small fry!
Old July 24th, 2011, 07:39 AM
MikieJo
Anyone wanna battle?

Nature: Impish
Yeah. Uh hi. I recently made a team for black and I want to battle online. Whenever I try to battle a message saying that theres something wrong with my Pokemon and they couldnt participate. My team are nicknamed no items and all evs add up to 510. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry if this in the wrong place Im still learning my way around.

My Pokemon Black Fc: 3782-6072-1980
I'll battle anyone just Pm me first!
Pokémon Leafgreen = Epicer than I remembered
Old July 24th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Gymnotide
8377 | Scorpaeniform

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
As far as Defense EV Training, the only places that are good all only have 50% encounter rates of the ones you want. Defense is just a rough thing to EV train. :/ If the Pokemon in question is Water/Grass, you can go to Wellspring Cave and fight Roggenrola at a 50% encounter rate, or if it's fire you can go fight Klink/Ferroseed for a combined 49% encounter rate.
Actually, Pinwheel Forest has a 55-60% chance of Sewaddle of Venipede appearing, both of which give +1 DEF afaik.

"I want to tear myself from this place, from this reality, rise up like a cloud and float away, melt into this humid summer night and dissolve somewhere far, over the hills. But I am here, my legs blocks of concrete, my lungs empty of air, my throat burning. There will be no floating away."

Khaled Hosseini

→ Refresh for a different picture
→ White FC: Haruka 0347 0171 1756

whoever disabled my signature:
my signature is not even close to 300px tall.
i dont understand why it was disabled.
Old July 24th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Skuntank
Beginning Trainer

what are the pokemon? and are you sure they are legit?
Old July 24th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Gymnotide
8377 | Scorpaeniform

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikieJo View Post
Yeah. Uh hi. I recently made a team for black and I want to battle online. Whenever I try to battle a message saying that theres something wrong with my Pokemon and they couldnt participate. My team are nicknamed no items and all evs add up to 510. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry if this in the wrong place Im still learning my way around.
The restrictions for a random Wi-Fi battle in Generation V are as follows:
  • You must use 3-6 Pokemon.
  • No special Pokemon.
  • No eggs.
  • (Fairly certain) Sky Drop is banned.
  • No moves non-exclusive to Generation V.

The thing that gets most people is the final rule. It means that if a Pokemon cannot learn a move exclusively in Generation V, then it cannot legally have that move in a random Wi-Fi battle. For example, Arcanine can only learn Iron Head in Generation IV, so it can't compete in Generation V. This is especially important when dealing with Pokemon with fairly common TMs that lost their TM status (such as Stealth Rock, Roost, or Avalanche) or Tutor moves that no longer have a Tutor in Black / White (such as Signal Beam or Heat Wave). Cheers.

"I want to tear myself from this place, from this reality, rise up like a cloud and float away, melt into this humid summer night and dissolve somewhere far, over the hills. But I am here, my legs blocks of concrete, my lungs empty of air, my throat burning. There will be no floating away."

Khaled Hosseini

Old July 24th, 2011, 01:57 PM
MikieJo
Anyone wanna battle?

Nature: Impish
Thanks but why are some Pokemons moves not allowed? My Blaziken knows thunderpunch since emerald and nearly half my team knows stealth rock.

My Pokemon Black Fc: 3782-6072-1980
I'll battle anyone just Pm me first!
Pokémon Leafgreen = Epicer than I remembered
Old July 24th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Haowakeorden
Gym Leader

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymnotide View Post
The restrictions for a random Wi-Fi battle in Generation V are as follows:
  • You must use 3-6 Pokemon.
  • No special Pokemon.
  • No eggs.
  • (Fairly certain) Sky Drop is banned.
  • No moves non-exclusive to Generation V.

The thing that gets most people is the final rule. It means that if a Pokemon cannot learn a move exclusively in Generation V, then it cannot legally have that move in a random Wi-Fi battle. For example, Arcanine can only learn Iron Head in Generation IV, so it can't compete in Generation V. This is especially important when dealing with Pokemon with fairly common TMs that lost their TM status (such as Stealth Rock, Roost, or Avalanche) or Tutor moves that no longer have a Tutor in Black / White (such as Signal Beam or Heat Wave). Cheers.
That's odd. I've heard a lot of people that also claim that there isn't a restriction there. But I guess since MikieJo actually tried it and it didn't work, it must be in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikieJo View Post
Thanks but why are some Pokemons moves not allowed? My Blaziken knows thunderpunch since emerald and nearly half my team knows stealth rock.
Perhaps Game Freak wanted to make Random Matchup more "accessible" to people who are just getting into Pokémon in Generation V, so they're not at a disadvantage compared to people who have earlier generation games?
Old July 24th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Gymnotide
8377 | Scorpaeniform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haowakeorden View Post
That's odd. I've heard a lot of people that also claim that there isn't a restriction there. But I guess since MikieJo actually tried it and it didn't work, it must be in place.

Perhaps Game Freak wanted to make Random Matchup more "accessible" to people who are just getting into Pokémon in Generation V, so they're not at a disadvantage compared to people who have earlier generation games?
You can use Generation IV (or older) moves in Pal Pad battles, but not random Wi-Fi.

Khaled Hosseini

Old July 25th, 2011, 03:56 AM
DowntownDumpling

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skwishee View Post
The only additional content I would say is a step forward would be the Dream World. A good way of collecting berries, meeting people, trading items, gathering a few pokemon (its hard to control what pops up) and having a nice house to decorate. Plus the mini-games on pokemon.com that allow you to win pokemon like the eevee evolutions, I've probably spent more time doing that, than I have in the actual game!
I've tried to get onto the Dream World site, but it didn't seem to work out, first the page wouldn't load and when it did it couldn't connect to my DS. Do you need wireless Wi-Fi to connect to it? I don't know anything about it.
Old July 25th, 2011, 04:23 AM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

Where do you find starters in Dream world?
Old July 25th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Jeikobu
God's beloved child

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu
My family and I want to sell our Wii. Will I still be able to make my Pokemon White connect to Wi-Fi for Dream World, promos, etc? It connects straight to the router, not the Wii, right?
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old July 25th, 2011, 01:40 PM
PokéSwimmer
Keeping time time time

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuturePokemon View Post
Where do you find starters in Dream world?
You don't. They were given out through special promotions that are currently Japan only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeikobu View Post
My family and I want to sell our Wii. Will I still be able to make my Pokemon White connect to Wi-Fi for Dream World, promos, etc? It connects straight to the router, not the Wii, right?
Lol, of course it connects through the router. Why would it connect though the Wii? DS WiFi came out like a year before the Wii did...

Old July 25th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by emberjed View Post
I've tried to get onto the Dream World site, but it didn't seem to work out, first the page wouldn't load and when it did it couldn't connect to my DS. Do you need wireless Wi-Fi to connect to it? I don't know anything about it.
Moving this to Quick Questions...

But yes, you need a router which can give you wireless wifi, and depending on what DS you have (Lite, Original) you can only access any of Nintendo's wifi with WEP encryption, however if you have a DSi or 3DS, then you can access via WPA encryption, so it just depends on what type of DS you have and whether you use a router or not. As for loading issues, you'll probably need to try Google Chrome, as it tends to have less issues with loading than browsers such as Firefox.
Old July 25th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Jeikobu
God's beloved child

Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokéSwimmer View Post
Lol, of course it connects through the router. Why would it connect though the Wii? DS WiFi came out like a year before the Wii did...
Part of what made me wonder if the Wii was involved was because recently I tried to battle with a friend over Wi-Fi (he lives far away from me) and we got an error and couldn't battle no matter how many times we tried (we could see each other's characters in the room but couldn't connect when we tried battling). I looked up the error code and found this page that corresponds with it. http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc...i&locale=en_US
Notice "DS" is in the URL and it seems to discuss it for DS, but it talks about setting up a Wi-Fi connection with the Wii. I'm still confused about this.
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old July 25th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Oryx
open up your sea chart
Community Supporter

Quote:
Part of what made me wonder if the Wii was involved was because recently I tried to battle with a friend over Wi-Fi (he lives far away from me) and we got an error and couldn't battle no matter how many times we tried (we could see each other's characters in the room but couldn't connect when we tried battling). I looked up the error code and found this page that corresponds with it. http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc...i&locale=en_US
Notice "DS" is in the URL and it seems to discuss it for DS, but it talks about setting up a Wi-Fi connection with the Wii. I'm still confused about this.
You misunderstood, that error code also occurs on the Wii. Try this page: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc...s&locale=en_US

'Hoy, small fry!
Old July 25th, 2011, 11:16 PM
PokéSwimmer
Keeping time time time

Quote:
Part of what made me wonder if the Wii was involved was because recently I tried to battle with a friend over Wi-Fi (he lives far away from me) and we got an error and couldn't battle no matter how many times we tried (we could see each other's characters in the room but couldn't connect when we tried battling).
That's just an annoying Black and White WiFi quirk. It happens to me all the time when I try to trade around here. To fix it, just have both players exit and reenter the WiFi room. You may have to do this multiple times for it to work, but I've had about a 90% success rate with it.

Old July 26th, 2011, 08:36 AM
dreyko
Isolated System.

Nature: Careful
what is unity tower? is it similar to the battle tower? also is it located in nova, if so where and how do i get to it?
Old July 26th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Gymnotide
8377 | Scorpaeniform

Unity Tower is an island off the coast of Unova. It is accessible from the Castelia City piers after registering yourself on the GeoNet (the globe in the Pokemon Center) and trading with a player from another country. In the Unity Tower, there are 130 floors that house up to 20 players (5 players max per floor) that you have traded with, but aren't in your region. It is mainly there for flavor.

If you wanted something similar to the Battle Tower, there is the Battle Subway in Nimbasa City.

Khaled Hosseini

Old July 27th, 2011, 02:05 AM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

How do you get to Unity Tower? Does GTS trade count to get to unity tower?
Old July 27th, 2011, 02:25 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuturePokemon View Post
How do you get to Unity Tower? Does GTS trade count to get to unity tower?
Yes, GTS trade counts and can get you there.
Old July 27th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Ramos123
Beginning Trainer

Hi all! I must admit my question is not an easy one as it has to do with the RNG. I sifted through heaps of "guides" and downloaded countless programs for hours upon hours today and it really just still seems to be in a different language to me. So I ask, could somebody out there please do the legwork for me and determine the simplified steps I need to take to create a flawless timid larvesta from my two flawless parents?

If you more experienced players feel up to the challenge PM me, I will give you any and all information you require via this venue.

You will be rewarded upon succesful completion with: [A level 100 EV'ed Tornadus with Pokerus], [A level 43 Adamant Perfect IV Ditto with Pokerus], and [A level 77 Sassy EV'ed ferrothorn with stealth rock, leech seed, and Pokerus].

The reward is negotiable, if you want anything more just let me know!
(I apologize in advance if there is a better thread to put this message into, please let me know which one it could be)
Old July 27th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Gymnotide
8377 | Scorpaeniform

Unless someone else can do that, I'll try to take a stab at it later when I get home. Can't really type on my phone lol

Khaled Hosseini

Old July 27th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Gulpin
poisonous
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos123 View Post
Hi all! I must admit my question is not an easy one as it has to do with the RNG. I sifted through heaps of "guides" and downloaded countless programs for hours upon hours today and it really just still seems to be in a different language to me. So I ask, could somebody out there please do the legwork for me and determine the simplified steps I need to take to create a flawless timid larvesta from my two flawless parents?

If you more experienced players feel up to the challenge PM me, I will give you any and all information you require via this venue.

You will be rewarded upon succesful completion with: [A level 100 EV'ed Tornadus with Pokerus], [A level 43 Adamant Perfect IV Ditto with Pokerus], and [A level 77 Sassy EV'ed ferrothorn with stealth rock, leech seed, and Pokerus].

The reward is negotiable, if you want anything more just let me know!
(I apologize in advance if there is a better thread to put this message into, please let me know which one it could be)
Do you know what your Parameters are? Do you have the latest version of the RNG reporter? Do you want the Larvesta to be shiny? If you don't have your parameters, go to my guide in the FAQ and follow the steps to finding your parameters. If you want it to be shiny, find your SID (using pokecheck, or an AR), and follow the rest of my guide (make sure that both of your parents are indeed flawless, using pokecheck or an AR). If you don't want it shiny, PM/VM me once you find your parameters.
Old July 28th, 2011, 09:22 AM
zlip
______

Nature: Serious
This has happened to me multiple time when playing Pokemon White. I usually save two or three times before turning my DS off, but every so often it'll be like I didn't save and I start in a random place near where I last saved! This is espesically annoying after training pokemon for a few levels. My friends also say this happens to them but it seems not as much as me.

Has this happened to anyone else and how can you avoid it?

"Do you know why we
Villians hate Heroes
so much? It's because you are what
we could only pretend to be,
once upon a time --
heroes who do good for no reward.
And so we call you fools,
and even slay you...
simply because we could not be you."
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links