The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 12th, 2011 (09:02 AM).
LordDarkrai
Gamer

Nature: Timid
Is their an new way to lower EVs since the EV berries are not in the game?
Old March 12th, 2011 (09:24 AM).
Tsundera

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tsundera Send a message via Skype™ to Tsundera
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDarkrai View Post
Is their an new way to lower EVs since the EV berries are not in the game?
No, there is no new method for lowering effort values.

Soul Silver - 0604 - 5564 - 8179
Black
0518 - 6624 - 3989
Black 2 ★ 2709 - 9551 - 2281

Old March 12th, 2011 (10:27 AM).
Kww37
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Jolly
I am still confused about the Dream World.

How does one exactly get into Dream World?

5157-2221-3517
Old March 12th, 2011 (10:43 AM).
valor555
The Only Light in the Deep Sea

Nature: Quirky
Well for now it is impossible to access the dream world, until March 30th if i'm notmistaken
for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."

DIAMOND FC: 0431-3564-0778
SS FC: 3911-0860-1140
Old March 12th, 2011 (10:50 AM).
ruffyreborn
Beginning Trainer

I loved my pokemon games to death. I still love red and blue. Theres something that bugs me, though... And thats the addition of more and more pokemon. I understand why it happens, but for me personally, it just doesnst jive.

I recently tried to get into Pokemon Platinum, and I couldnt wrap my head around it. Maybe call me a purist? I dont know. I just love the original 150 (okay, +1) pokemon.

Heres the question... If I couldnt get into Platinum, how will I fare with white/black? Are there people like me? Did anyone have a change of heart?

With so many pokemon, its hard to see many being unique, or original. In platinum, I would see "re-hashed" pokemon every time I encountered a new one. Im so jaded.
Old March 12th, 2011 (11:17 AM).
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffyreborn View Post
I loved my pokemon games to death. I still love red and blue. Theres something that bugs me, though... And thats the addition of more and more pokemon. I understand why it happens, but for me personally, it just doesnst jive.

I recently tried to get into Pokemon Platinum, and I couldnt wrap my head around it. Maybe call me a purist? I dont know. I just love the original 150 (okay, +1) pokemon.

Heres the question... If I couldnt get into Platinum, how will I fare with white/black? Are there people like me? Did anyone have a change of heart?

With so many pokemon, its hard to see many being unique, or original. In platinum, I would see "re-hashed" pokemon every time I encountered a new one. Im so jaded.
That is because D/P/Pt had so many pre-evolutons and evolutions of previous generations that it seems everything was just a party of a previous generation. Where as this generation is in a distance area from the other ones, there are still pokemon that are similiar in nature too them like Roggenrola to Geodude, Woobat to Zubat, Audio to Chansey, Timburr to Machop, Tympole to Poliwag, and so on. But there designs are different and the pokemon seem to have a fresh feeling about them not like they are more of the same like you got with D/P/Pt.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old March 12th, 2011 (12:08 PM).
AyameHikaru
Beauty Queen

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kww37 View Post
I am still confused about the Dream World.

How does one exactly get into Dream World?
1. Beat the first Gym. You can't get on the Dream World until after you beat Cilan/Chili/Cress.

2. Fennel will (after a side quest) give you the C-Gear. This is very important!

3. Have a Pokemon in your Box. Party Pokemon can't be sent.

4. Turn the C-Gear on. Hit 'Wifi.' Select Game Sync, and say yes when it asks you to save.

5. Wait. Say yes when it asks if you want on Wifi. Wait some more.

6. It'll show you a picture of your box. Select the Pokemon you want to go to the Dream World, and confirm it. Wait even longer. Don't get discouraged, it takes a long time to sync up. Finally, you'll get a message that the Pokemon has been put to sleep. Shut your system.

7. Go to pokemon-gl.com. Sign in using your Trainer Club account, and they'll have an option to go to the Dream World.

Of course, 6 & 7 aren't available until the 30th, as stated above. But that's how you get on it. Then, to get off it, you basically do the same thing again. You hit 'Game Sync', get on Wifi. It'll show you a pic of your sleeping Pokemon and ask if you want to wake it. Say yes, and you can watch whatever you found in the Dream World float onto your game, and your Pokemon will wake up.
Ultimate Fire Type Challenge: Johto, 10 Badges
Lyrics Challenge: Kanto, 1 Badge
Nuzlocke Challenge: Kanto, 0 Badges
Monochrome Challenge: Hoenn, 5 Badges
Old March 12th, 2011 (01:23 PM).
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffyreborn View Post
I hated Pearl/Diamond/Platinum. Never got further than the fourth or fifth badge. It was boring, redundant, and just plain unoriginal (which could be said about the series in general, but ignore that).

The difference in Black/White would be the story is more in-depth. It endulges you to learn more about Plasma and their twisted justice. It's different from all the teams prior, where it was just "steal Pokemanz and rule teh world."

Also, the game forces you to play with only the new Pokemon until the end. What I found in Pearl was that with all the Pokemon available, it got a bit dull since you know their techniques, attacks, etc. There's more variety, yes, but nothing to attach you to the new Pokemon of that season. B/W force you to get personal with the new Pokemon. It's not just "Smack, wack, and roll" anymore since you don't know / don't have memorized all the techniques of the new Pokemon right away.

Moving sprites also helps. It's not so bad to grind / level anymore because sprites aren't static. The graphics are also enhanced in the overworld, and the facesets for rivals, the professor, and certain other NPCs are well-done. It's intriguing, it's new, it's inviting, and it's enough of a difference to hook you on it.

Like stated, I hated Pearl. I can't even be bothered with it - waste of 50$, really. B/W is worth more than the peasily 35$ I got it for (brand new) on Tuesday. It's much, much, much better than prior games, and is really the "true" Pokemon game of the DS, excluding the HGSS remake versions (since those are redone GBC games).

You'll notice quite the difference with B/W. It doesn't suck, basically.

Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
"My scar makes me sassy, child!"
The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
The French Club
Old March 12th, 2011 (03:22 PM).
LordDarkrai
Gamer

Nature: Timid
Would it be an good idea to EV train an pokemon that is level 1?
Old March 12th, 2011 (03:22 PM).
Bandito911
Beginning Trainer

Ive seen threads like explaining certain things about the dream world but what actually is it? and how do you access it? the explanation on the website didnt really help either...
Old March 12th, 2011 (03:23 PM).
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDarkrai View Post
Would it be an good idea to EV train an pokemon that is level 1?
If you like its Nature / IVs, why not? Best time to do it, so you don't have to spam EV-reducing Berries later (if you can even do that in B/W; don't think so).

The French Club
Old March 12th, 2011 (03:41 PM).
AyameHikaru
Beauty Queen

WHAT IT IS:
Dream World is a side event for Pokemon Black and White, allowing you to play on your computer instead of on your DS. You can access it once per day, and transfer back a Pokemon once per day. You upload a Pokemon as explained below. Then, in a certain area of the Dream World, you can play minigames with Pokemon you happen upon. Based partially on how well you do on the game and partially on luck, the Pokemon will know special moves, and they will always have a special ability. Once you are done playing minigames, you get to choose one Pokemon you befriended to follow you back to your game. (The rest are lost, there's no way to transfer more than one unless it's an event) You can also grow berries in the Dream World, and transfer them back to your game.

HOW TO GET ON:
1. Beat the first Gym. You can't get on the Dream World until after you beat Cilan/Chili/Cress.

2. Fennel will (after a side quest) give you the C-Gear. This is very important!

3. Have a Pokemon in your Box. Party Pokemon can't be sent.

4. Turn the C-Gear on. Hit 'Wifi.' Select Game Sync, and say yes when it asks you to save.

5. Wait. Say yes when it asks if you want on Wifi. Wait some more.

6. It'll show you a picture of your box. Select the Pokemon you want to go to the Dream World, and confirm it. Wait even longer. Don't get discouraged, it takes a long time to sync up. Finally, you'll get a message that the Pokemon has been put to sleep. Shut your system.

7. Go to pokemon-gl.com. Sign in using your Trainer Club account, and they'll have an option to go to the Dream World.

Of course, 6 & 7 aren't available until the 30th. But that's how you get on it. Then, to get off it, you basically do the same thing again. You hit 'Game Sync', get on Wifi. It'll show you a pic of your sleeping Pokemon and ask if you want to wake it. Say yes, and you can watch whatever you found in the Dream World float onto your game, and your Pokemon will wake up.
Old March 12th, 2011 (03:42 PM).
AyameHikaru
Beauty Queen

^You will be able to eventually, but IIRC the only place you can get EV reducing berries is the Dream World. Soo right now they're ridiculously rare.
Old March 12th, 2011 (03:49 PM).
Ciesla
Unhatched Egg

Is it possible? Also I heard something about wings being used to increase ev stats, what are those about and would they be practical to ev train instead?

Thank you in advance.
Old March 12th, 2011 (03:50 PM).
Bluemoon
Bluemoon

Nature: Calm
can you have a rematch with the gym leaders with black and white?
Old March 12th, 2011 (03:50 PM).
Bandito911
Beginning Trainer

and whats a trainer club account?
Old March 12th, 2011 (03:51 PM).
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

You need to level up at least once to gain EV-based stats.

So no, in my knowledge and experience, it's impossible.

The French Club
Old March 12th, 2011 (03:53 PM).
WildEagle
Call me, Your Royal Freshness

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to WildEagle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemoon View Post
can you have a rematch with the gym leaders with black and white?
Nope, there's no way to rematch any trainers in the game.
Old March 12th, 2011 (03:54 PM).
Ciesla
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusshin View Post
You need to level up at least once to gain EV-based stats.

So no, in my knowledge and experience, it's impossible.
That's not true on youtube theres a vid showing an Arceus being ev trained at level 100

youtube.com/watch?v=Q9gxYCNPQQU
Old March 12th, 2011 (03:55 PM).
rocky505
<Now who's awesome!

Nature: Relaxed
Yes it is possible I ev trained my Dream World Arceus witht the wings(They are like the proteins etc. they give automatic EVS)
Old March 12th, 2011 (03:57 PM).
Ciesla
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
Yes it is possible I ev trained my Dream World Arceus witht the wings(They are like the proteins etc. they give automatic EVS)
Is it possible only with Arceus or with all pokemon?

Also is this a viable way to do it or are wings way too hard to get?
Old March 12th, 2011 (04:01 PM).
rocky505
<Now who's awesome!

Nature: Relaxed
All Pokemon. I have been on the bridges for hours collecting wings and giving them to all my Pokemon.
Old March 12th, 2011 (04:04 PM).
Ciesla
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
All Pokemon. I have been on the bridges for hours collecting wings and giving them to all my Pokemon.
Wow, so I should just play my game with my main 6 without worrying about EV training them because I can just do it later?

Awesome!!
Old March 12th, 2011 (04:19 PM).
Shadow
Eeyah hah hah!

Send a message via AIM to Shadow Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shadow Send a message via Yahoo to Shadow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito911 View Post
and whats a trainer club account?
It's an account for the website being launched March 30th.

It's simply to access the Global Link and Dream World related features.
Old March 12th, 2011 (04:24 PM).
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Where can I see Victini in-game? Either like Zorua with the little image that pops up (to register in the 'dex), or from a trainer.

The French Club
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links