The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 15th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Musharna
~random artist appeared~

Nature: Quirky
How do you recognize a shiny Pokemon?

I haven't ever seen one (I guess) but I've been wondering if I actually have, and just didn't know it was. I mean, the image I get is a sparkling blingbling filled pink thingy but... yeah. It probably isn't like that. I think I've seen pictures of a shiny Purrloin which looked awesome but I'm not sure.

Black FC: 4470 3069 1682
Old August 15th, 2011, 10:49 AM
PokéSwimmer
Keeping time time time

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musharna View Post
How do you recognize a shiny Pokemon?

I haven't ever seen one (I guess) but I've been wondering if I actually have, and just didn't know it was. I mean, the image I get is a sparkling blingbling filled pink thingy but... yeah. It probably isn't like that. I think I've seen pictures of a shiny Purrloin which looked awesome but I'm not sure.
Actually, it's pretty close to that. You'll know when you see a shiny (if you ever do). The encounter is pretty much the same as any normal encounter except the Pokémon will be a different color and there will be some sparkles (accompanied with a sound effect). There are loads of shiny videos on youtube if you want to see for yourself what they look like or learn to do RNG abuse.

Old August 15th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Jeikobu
God's beloved child

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu
Can I get patches of grass to appear in my White Forest by syncing with another player of White? I know it works by syncing with someone playing Black and visiting their Black City via Hi-Link, but will it work if I sync with another player of White? I know one person who plays White but no one who plays Black, and I want to be able to catch the Pokemon exclusive to White Forest. The writers of the games made this so inconvenient.
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old August 15th, 2011, 02:37 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeikobu View Post
Can I get patches of grass to appear in my White Forest by syncing with another player of White? I know it works by syncing with someone playing Black and visiting their Black City via Hi-Link, but will it work if I sync with another player of White? I know one person who plays White but no one who plays Black, and I want to be able to catch the Pokemon exclusive to White Forest. The writers of the games made this so inconvenient.
Nope, you can only gain more people in your White Forest by linking up with Pokemon Black and visiting their Black City and inviting people to join you.
Old August 15th, 2011, 10:06 PM
richie.from.kanto
Kanto Champ

Sorry if this has been asked before but are Victini and Zoroark considered legendaries/ubers?
Old August 15th, 2011, 10:42 PM
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie.from.kanto View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before but are Victini and Zoroark considered legendaries/ubers?
Don't know what tier either are considered competitively, but Victini is a legendary and Zoroark is not.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old August 15th, 2011, 10:56 PM
PokéSwimmer
Keeping time time time

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie.from.kanto View Post
In-game Victini is considered Uber, which means you can't use it in the Battle Subway, random Wi-FI matches. Zoroark is definitely not legendary/uber.

As for (Smogon's) competitive tiers, they are both not considered to be in the Uber tier. In fact, they are both in the "Underused" tier if I recall correctly.

Old August 16th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Musharna
~random artist appeared~

Nature: Quirky
After you've beaten the main game you can catch Pokemon from the older gens, is there a full list of all the Pokemon that you can catch in BW? I mean, I doubt there's all Pokemon from every previous gen?

// Thank you for the answers!

Black FC: 4470 3069 1682

Last edited by Musharna; August 16th, 2011 at 08:38 AM.
Old August 16th, 2011, 08:32 AM
zlip
______

Nature: Serious
Quote:
After you've beaten the main game you can catch Pokemon from the older gens, is there a full list of all the Pokemon that you can catch in BW? I mean, I doubt there's all Pokemon from every previous gen?
here is a list of the pokemon you cannot get without trading form gen 4 http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/unobtainable.shtml

"Do you know why we
Villians hate Heroes
so much? It's because you are what
we could only pretend to be,
once upon a time --
heroes who do good for no reward.
And so we call you fools,
and even slay you...
simply because we could not be you."
Old August 16th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Yes, you can catch previous generation Pokemon after the main story has been completed, in the east side of Unova. I don't think there's really a list of them. I guess your best bet is to use the Pokearth on Serebii to check the routes and such that you're on.

Pokearth! Click me
Old August 16th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Ramos123
Beginning Trainer

Is there a better competitive gender for your pokemon? I was once told that females were preferable since most attract users were also female, therefore displaying an immunity. Is choosing boy or girl for your team members a whole lot more than just preference?
Old August 16th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos123 View Post
Is there a better competitive gender for your pokemon? I was once told that females were preferable since most attract users were also female, therefore displaying an immunity. Is choosing boy or girl for your team members a whole lot more than just preference?
Well you said it yourself. Most Attract users are female... so if you want counter against them just make your team females.
If you don't care about them just go with anything you catch =D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 16th, 2011, 05:38 PM
123wert50
Pokemon Master

At a VGC, if you have legit pokemon that are cloned, will you get DQ'd?
Old August 16th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
No because cloning is just duplicating the data, it is not editing or varying it any way to make it hacked and or edited.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old August 16th, 2011, 05:43 PM
PokéSwimmer
Keeping time time time

As long as your cloning method does not alter the data of the Pokémon, they will pass hack checks.

Old August 16th, 2011, 05:46 PM
123wert50
Pokemon Master

Oh, OK cool. I mean via AR clone, cuz I've heard it's illegal.
Old August 17th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Eurydice
`~♥Eury♥~'

Nature: Quiet
i have a quick question on breeding. if u save right before getting an egg from the day care man and if its not shiny soft reset, get the egg again until it is shiny? i saw this on a vid on youtube and want to know if its true or not before i spend alot of time on it

Pair
Old August 17th, 2011, 08:20 AM
PokéSwimmer
Keeping time time time

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123wert50 View Post
Oh, OK cool. I mean via AR clone, cuz I've heard it's illegal.
Just to play it safe, I wouldn't use AR on your game at all if you're going to be entering a competition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurydice View Post
i have a quick question on breeding. if u save right before getting an egg from the day care man and if its not shiny soft reset, get the egg again until it is shiny? i saw this on a vid on youtube and want to know if its true or not before i spend alot of time on it
Breeding mechanics are slightly different than in Gen IV, so yeah, you can. I don't see why you'd want to though, since it's faster to just to bike around and continuously get new eggs.

Old August 17th, 2011, 10:20 AM
PradaSon

Send a message via Skype™ to PradaSon
I was wondering how one would accurately calculate a lvl.1 pokemon's IVs without using an AR.

-Prada-
'Pokemon Black'
FC: 4985 7129 3395
'Pokemon X'
FC: 4639 9133 7530

Old August 17th, 2011, 10:23 AM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

What's the difference between Vital Spirit and Insomnia? :/
Old August 17th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PradaSon View Post
I was wondering how one would accurately calculate a lvl.1 pokemon's IVs without using an AR.
You can't, really. \; You could try asking someone who has an AR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuturePokemon View Post
Nothing. They are both the same abilities. So before you say, yes, Delibird got trolled badly. :P
Old August 17th, 2011, 10:56 AM
PradaSon

Quote:
Vital Spirit prevents a pokemon from sleeping in battle and outside of battle it increases your chances of meeting higher lvled pokemon.

Insomnia prevents sleep for both pokemon in battle (I think), but has no effects outside of battle.

-Prada-
'Pokemon Black'
'Pokemon X'

Old August 17th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Yoshikkko

Quote:
The effect is pretty much the same, but Vital Spirit is mostly for Fighting types (and a few others, but mostly pretty tough Pokémon, exterior wise), and Insomnia is more seen with nocturnal Pokémon (mostly dark, psychic, and so on).

Quote:
Vital Spirit prevents a pokemon from sleeping in battle and outside of battle it increases your chances of meeting higher lvled pokemon.

Insomnia prevents sleep for both pokemon in battle (I think), but has no effects outside of battle.
Also, it decreases the chance of encountering high lvl Pokémon by 50%, instead of increasing.

team super cotton ×

Last edited by Yoshikkko; August 17th, 2011 at 11:03 AM.
Old August 17th, 2011, 10:58 AM
PradaSon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post

You can't, really. \; You could try asking someone who has an AR.
What I've just tried doing is going to that battle challenge place near the stadium town which would bring the lvl.1 pokemon to lvl.50 and then recording their stats and inputting it into the Serebii Calculator, would this provide accurate enough calculation?

-Prada-
'Pokemon Black'
'Pokemon X'

Old August 17th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Yoshikkko

Quote:
What I've just tried doing is going to that battle challenge place near the stadium town which would bring the lvl.1 pokemon to lvl.50 and then recording their stats and inputting it into the Serebii Calculator, would this provide accurate enough calculation?
I don't think they would be 100% accurate, but surely more accurate then when you calculate it on a lvl. 1 Pokémon.

team super cotton ×
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links