Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page B W Quick Questions

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread

Old August 25th, 2011 (03:05 PM).
Feraligatr FtW!

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cazzler
Quote originally posted by Jeikobu:
Quick question. I'm no EV expert. I used vitamins on my Caterpie who I think was still level 1 at the time until I got the "it won't have an effect" message when I tried any of the vitamins. The EV feathers won't work either. So, is there anything else I can do to boost its stats besides theoretically fighting specific Pokemon that carry the EVs I want?
You can't boost its stat with vitamins once its EV's are equal to or over 100. So you can only use 10 on a Pokemon (10 EVs in each Vitamin) then you'll have to battle Pokemon to raise its EV's, to speed up the process, infect your Pokemon with pokerus and have it hold an item that promotes EV Gain (Power Items).

More info here: http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml
Hope this helped
Old August 25th, 2011 (06:13 PM).
God's beloved child

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu
Thanks, that does help. How do I infect a Pokemon with Pokerus?

Two other questions, both related to each other:

1. I move a Pokemon from a generation IV game to a generation V game via the PokeShifter, will I be able to send it back? What I want to do is send a Hitokage from Pokemon HeartGold or SoulSilver to my Pokemon White, breed it, and send it back. Can I do that?

2. If I can't do this, can I breed the Hitokage in the generation IV game and send the egg permanently to my White game?
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old August 25th, 2011 (07:19 PM).
let it go
Crystal Tier

Thanks, that does help. How do I infect a Pokemon with Pokerus?

Two other questions, both related to each other:

1. I move a Pokemon from a generation IV game to a generation V game via the PokeShifter, will I be able to send it back? What I want to do is send a Hitokage from Pokemon HeartGold or SoulSilver to my Pokemon White, breed it, and send it back. Can I do that?

2. If I can't do this, can I breed the Hitokage in the generation IV game and send the egg permanently to my White game?
For the top part, just make sure you have a Pokemon with pokerus (either from trades - ask in quick trade thread maybe) or finding it in the wild by battling wild Pokemon, and then put that Pokemon in your party, then start battling with that Pokemon. After a few battles it'll have spread the pokerus around the party and boom, 6 of your Pokemon have pokerus. Just remember to box them after. :x

For one, nope they can't be sent back to gen IV and apparently eggs cannot be transferred, so... no. Unless you hatch it in your gen IV game, where there would be no issue.
Old August 25th, 2011 (11:23 PM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by cazzler:
then you'll have to battle Pokemon to raise its EV's,
You can still raise EVs with Feathers even after EV reached 100. So battling is not the only option =)

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 26th, 2011 (12:15 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
I can't find my Pokemon White Friend code. I looked around and couldn't find any thing about it. Can some one help me?
Old August 26th, 2011 (01:43 PM).
Keeping time time time

Quote originally posted by xXJumboShrimpXx:
I can't find my Pokemon White Friend code. I looked around and couldn't find any thing about it. Can some one help me?
Just look in your Pal Pad. It will be there.

Old August 27th, 2011 (02:58 AM).
PkMn Trainer

Nature: Modest
Ok, now that I got introduced to what is EV and such, I wanted to EV Train my pokemon for Competitive online battles. Now before I do so, I have some questions.

-How do I know which PkMn to Battle? I want to raise my Speed and Attack, so which Pokemons shall I fight exactly? And how do I know its the right one?

-I heard that EVs are gained by defeating Pokemons everytime, so, does that mean leveling Up fast isn't good? Does that mean leveling up is not important, but killing the pokemon is? If so, does this mean I will get tons of EVs if I fight a low lvl Pokemon but that has a good Attack stats (I won't lvl up fast, but will grind many points out of all the pokemons).

Thanks for your help
Old August 27th, 2011 (03:06 AM).
let it go
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Charicific:
Ok, now that I got introduced to what is EV and such, I wanted to EV Train my pokemon for Competitive online battles. Now before I do so, I have some questions.

-How do I know which PkMn to Battle? I want to raise my Speed and Attack, so which Pokemons shall I fight exactly? And how do I know its the right one?

-I heard that EVs are gained by defeating Pokemons everytime, so, does that mean leveling Up fast isn't good? Does that mean leveling up is not important, but killing the pokemon is? If so, does this mean I will get tons of EVs if I fight a low lvl Pokemon but that has a good Attack stats (I won't lvl up fast, but will grind many points out of all the pokemons).

Thanks for your help
Well for the first part, in Black and White, Basculin is good for Speed & Lillipup/Patrat are good for Attack - have a look at the Black and White FAQ for some more information in general - it has detailed information on ev training in these games which can be applied to past ones too.

Levelling up is important, yes, but if you're going to grind it's best to do that afterwards incase you fight the wrong Pokemon throwing off your ev training completely. But yes, you only need to fight a certain amount of low level Pokemon and your evs go up after each battle, so it's not that you need to grind a lot to ev train well. :)
Old August 27th, 2011 (06:06 AM).
PkMn Trainer

Quote originally posted by Forever:

Well for the first part, in Black and White, Basculin is good for Speed & Lillipup/Patrat are good for Attack - have a look at the Black and White FAQ for some more information in general - it has detailed information on ev training in these games which can be applied to past ones too.

Levelling up is important, yes, but if you're going to grind it's best to do that afterwards incase you fight the wrong Pokemon throwing off your ev training completely. But yes, you only need to fight a certain amount of low level Pokemon and your evs go up after each battle, so it's not that you need to grind a lot to ev train well.
Ok first, thanks for that Info..ALOT. Second, I have another Question
Though its totally unrelated but...can an Infernape and A deerling Breed?!?! I want a Chimchar with Double-Kick.
Old August 27th, 2011 (07:04 AM).
Keeping time time time

Ok first, thanks for that Info..ALOT. Second, I have another Question :P
Though its totally unrelated but...can an Infernape and A deerling Breed?!?! I want a Chimchar with Double-Kick.
Why would you want Double Kick? It sucks
They are both in the same egg group, so yes, they can breed.

Old August 27th, 2011 (07:08 AM). Edited August 27th, 2011 by Charicific.
PkMn Trainer

Quote originally posted by PokéSwimmer:
Why would you want Double Kick? It sucks
They are both in the same egg group, so yes, they can breed.
Well I thought of getting it first but now that I saw all my Infernapes BETTER moves, I neglected it. And yeah it sucks.

Ok, I am in my EV training now, so, here is another question.

Do anyone know which Unova Pokemon can give me 2-3 Attack EV?
Training with the Patrat and Lilipup is Kinda Slow especially with no PkRs and Power Brace. I don't want the power brace since I am EV training for speed as well.
Old August 27th, 2011 (12:45 PM).
Feraligatr FtW!

Well I thought of getting it first but now that I saw all my Infernapes BETTER moves, I neglected it. And yeah it sucks.

Ok, I am in my EV training now, so, here is another question.

Do anyone know which Unova Pokemon can give me 2-3 Attack EV?
Training with the Patrat and Lilipup is Kinda Slow especially with no PkRs and Power Brace. I don't want the power brace since I am EV training for speed as well.
Power brace only cuts speed in battle, not the stat itself. All power items cut speed since I'm guessing their 'heavy'. Anyways patrat and lillipup is your best option. To max attack, use 10 proteins on a Pokemon (100 EV's), Infect the Pokemon with Pokerus (I can do that for you) Obtain a power bracer and equip it on your Pokemon. Then you'll have to fight 15 patrat/lillipups (150 EV's) that makes a total of 250 EV's, take off the bracer and fight 1 more patrat/lillipup (2 EV's) and you will now have a total of 252 EV's in attack!

EV Training speed and HP is faster though since patrat/lillpup give +1 EV's, Basculin (speed) and Stunfisk (HP) Give +2 EV's. So repeat what I said with patrat/lillipup but give it 10 carbos/Hp Up and replace power bracer with power anklet/weight. Defeat 12 Basculin/Stunfisk with power anklet/weight and 2 without the power anklet/weight and you'll have 252 EV's in Speed/HP.

Hopefully I made sense!
Old August 27th, 2011 (12:58 PM).
PkMn Trainer

Power brace only cuts speed in battle, not the stat itself. All power items cut speed since I'm guessing their 'heavy'. Anyways patrat and lillipup is your best option. To max attack, use 10 proteins on a Pokemon (100 EV's), Infect the Pokemon with Pokerus (I can do that for you) Obtain a power bracer and equip it on your Pokemon. Then you'll have to fight 15 patrat/lillipups (150 EV's) that makes a total of 250 EV's, take off the bracer and fight 1 more patrat/lillipup (2 EV's) and you will now have a total of 252 EV's in attack!

EV Training speed and HP is faster though since patrat/lillpup give +1 EV's, Basculin (speed) and Stunfisk (HP) Give +2 EV's. So repeat what I said with patrat/lillipup but give it 10 carbos/Hp Up and replace power bracer with power anklet/weight. Defeat 12 Basculin/Stunfisk with power anklet/weight and 2 without the power anklet/weight and you'll have 252 EV's in Speed/HP.

Hopefully I made sense!
Ok, ok , ok....Are you saying the power items don't cut Speed Stat? only in battle? So all I do is give my pkmn a power brace or whatever its called and I will get ~5EVs in attack from a Lillipup?! If so, THAT'S SO AWESOME!
Old August 27th, 2011 (01:02 PM).
Feraligatr FtW!

Ok, ok , ok....Are you saying the power items don't cut Speed Stat? only in battle? So all I do is give my pkmn a power brace or whatever its called and I will get ~5EVs in attack from a Lillipup?! If so, THAT'S SO AWESOME!
Yeah, you will get 5 EVs in the attack stat fighting a Lillipup/Patrat with power bracer. Power items DO NOT cut speed stats, only in battle. Also if your Pokemon has Pokerus you will get +10 EVs for each Lillipup/Patrat knocked out. So thats only 15 Lillipup/Patrat needed till 250 EV's (provided that you used 10 proteins on the Pokemon) and then 1 more Lillipup/Patrat without power bracer for the last 2 EV's.
Old August 28th, 2011 (12:21 AM).
God's beloved child

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu
Quote originally posted by Forever:

For the top part, just make sure you have a Pokemon with pokerus (either from trades - ask in quick trade thread maybe) or finding it in the wild by battling wild Pokemon, and then put that Pokemon in your party, then start battling with that Pokemon. After a few battles it'll have spread the pokerus around the party and boom, 6 of your Pokemon have pokerus. Just remember to box them after. :x
Pokerus would be very hard to come by on my own, right? So the only dependable way to get it would be to trade with someone who has it?
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old August 28th, 2011 (12:23 AM).
Feraligatr FtW!

Pokerus would be very hard to come by on my own, right? So the only dependable way to get it would be to trade with someone who has it?
Yep, coming across Pokerus is very rare, not as rare as a shiny if I'm correct, you will need to trade with someone in the trade corner who offers pokerus, many do, including me.
Old August 28th, 2011 (06:04 AM). Edited August 28th, 2011 by somat.

Yep, coming across Pokerus is very rare, not as rare as a shiny if I'm correct, you will need to trade with someone in the trade corner who offers pokerus, many do, including me.
I have pokerus on my pokemon and would be happy to make a trade. btw, How do you use the Wifi Room? I tried going in with a friend overseas, and he didn't show up in the room. We've both registered each other in our Pal Pads and tried reentering the room, but it still doesn't work. Any help please?

Also, is there any way to make a request on the GTS for a pokemon you haven't 'seen' or a have a picture of in the pokedex?
Old August 28th, 2011 (06:58 AM).

Nature: Gentle
Can someone tell me where is the best spot(or pokemon) to improve Sp Atk on my EV pokemon ?
And speed to please .
Old August 28th, 2011 (07:05 AM).
let it go
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by RiceMenPT:
Can someone tell me where is the best spot(or pokemon) to improve Sp Atk on my EV pokemon ?
And speed to please .
For spA, go to Celestial Tower, everything you fight = spA evs.
Aaand for speed, go to route 3, you'll find Basculin & Blitzle there as well as Woobat in the cave nearby. :)
Old August 28th, 2011 (08:44 AM).

This isn't a trade request, its just a question.
Is it possible to trade a scyther to white early in the game? Im on my way to get my 4th badge, and id really like to level up and play with a scyther as I go the storyline in white.
I was just wondering if it was possible because on my gf's soulsilver I traded her all her level 30+ Pokemon from her sapphire and she was only on her 6th badge. I dont want to wait until I can poke transfer because that kind defeats the purpose of me wanting to go through the storyline with the scyther.
Old August 28th, 2011 (08:48 AM).
let it go
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by jkbutler:
Is it possible to trade a scyther to white early in the game? Im on my way to get my 4th badge, and id really like to level up and play with a scyther as I go the storyline in white.
I was just wondering if it was possible because on my gf's soulsilver I traded her all her level 30+ Pokemon from her sapphire and she was only on her 6th badge. I dont want to wait until I can poke transfer because that kind defeats the purpose of me wanting to go through the storyline with the scyther.
If someone with Black and White has a Scyther, then yes, but any other games, you cannot til post-game. The quick trade thread can be useful for that, so you could try and see if anyone will help you out there.
Old August 28th, 2011 (09:06 AM).
Currently Hacking BW

Nature: Lax
Quote originally posted by jkbutler:
I reckon it's possible to get one through the dream world. It'll probably take a lot of Dream Points though.

Hoenn, 1 Badge
My Youtube Channel: Check out my Pokemon Red Walkthrough
Pokemon White FC: 2322 5491 2643
Old August 29th, 2011 (10:55 AM).

I can't figure out how to trade and or battle with somebody on pkmn white. (Not with somebody in the same room, i mean in another state)
I know you go to the poke-center but which of the 3 "doors" do I go to?
Old August 29th, 2011 (11:01 AM).
and it's called black magic
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by xXJumboShrimpXx:
I can't figure out how to trade and or battle with somebody on pkmn white. (Not with somebody in the same room, i mean in another state)
I know you go to the poke-center but which of the 3 "doors" do I go to?
You speak to the middle person. They will allow you to go into Wifi. If you have never been in before; they'll connect you to your Wifi and then you'll leave. That's when you get your Friend Code etc..
Old August 29th, 2011 (06:59 PM).

How do I figure out how many Ev's my pokemon have, I know what EVs are but I just can't seem to figure out how many I have.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links