Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 4th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetofficial View Post
where can i find fc code#?
Kay I might as well respond since I have time now.

Go to Striaton, make sure you've gone through the Dreamyard's events and then talk to Professor Fennel in the house on the right. Talk to her and her assistant will give you a pal pad. Then go to the pokemon centre and in the far back in the middle, talk to that lady. She'll tell you that you need a friend code in order to use wifi. Then, once you've clicked through and connected to the wifi connection go to your items list and find key items. In key items you'll see "pal pad". Click on where it says "your friend code". It'll display it there :)
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Old September 4th, 2011, 10:02 AM
DoozyBots
Beginning Trainer

The NDS Adaptor Plus is exactly what you need. You can backup the .sav file from the retail cartridge and restore the back up to the cartridge if you need to. I have it and have done it, so I know it works. With the NDS Adaptor, you don't need a flash cart. Be aware, however, that it isn't Mac compatible; it works with any number of MS Windows operating systems, but not with Mac.
Old September 4th, 2011, 10:13 AM
hiff8
Gotta Derp em all

Can I hatch a shiny Phoine?
My friend code for Y/3ds: 3222-6867-7895
Old September 4th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiff8 View Post
Can I hatch a shiny Phoine?
Yes, it's possible and the chance of receiving one is the same as any other Pokémon.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old September 4th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Thunderpunch
Pokemon Master

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoozyBots View Post
The NDS Adaptor Plus is exactly what you need. You can backup the .sav file from the retail cartridge and restore the back up to the cartridge if you need to. I have it and have done it, so I know it works. With the NDS Adaptor, you don't need a flash cart. Be aware, however, that it isn't Mac compatible; it works with any number of MS Windows operating systems, but not with Mac.
That's great news. And it saves the WHOLE game, as in, if I lost my white cartridge, I could reload the saved .sav file onto a new retail cartridge and have everything back just as it was?
Pokemon White team: 30 level 100s, 24 others level 70+

Old September 4th, 2011, 07:20 PM
PokéSwimmer
Keeping time time time

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderpunch View Post
That's great news. And it saves the WHOLE game, as in, if I lost my white cartridge, I could reload the saved .sav file onto a new retail cartridge and have everything back just as it was?
Yes, that is what it says it will do. If you only care about your Pokémon though, there is a way to back them up for free if you know how to use .pkm files.

Old September 5th, 2011, 05:00 AM
GFA
Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
I was just wondering if there is an EV checker. Yes, EV, not IV. I remember there being Mr in Gen4, but forget if he is in Unova. The man didn't tell you your Pokemons exact EVs, just if you were maxed out or not.

Sorry about any typos, IM using my mothers Droid.
Old September 5th, 2011, 06:17 AM
Kaori
tragedy

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFA View Post
I was just wondering if there is an EV checker. Yes, EV, not IV. I remember there being Mr in Gen4, but forget if he is in Unova. The man didn't tell you your Pokemons exact EVs, just if you were maxed out or not.

Sorry about any typos, IM using my mothers Droid.
Since there aren't any ribbons there is no longer the girl who checks EVs and lets you know how well you're doing with an Effort Ribbon unfortunately. However in Opelucid City, there is a girl whose house is to the right of Drayden's house. She will give you a reply on how well you're doing with your EV'd Pokémon as long as it is in the first slot of your team.

Hope this helps!

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old September 5th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Moltres Rider
Banned

I asked several days ago what was the best flying type to have in my party, and all I got for responses was where every flying type is...

now I have another question, was it a good choice that I made, the flying type I have in my party right now is sigilyph...

is sigilyph a good choice as far as flying type to have in my party?

it seems to do well for me so far...
Old September 5th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Weavile05
Currently Hacking BW

Nature: Lax
Sigilyph is beastly in Sp. Atk, but when you go to teach it fly... it's not particularly good with that. Besides that though, Sigilyph is a good choice. Really they're all pretty good you just need to know what to stay away from. Swanna isn't terrible, but it's probably the worst of the Gen V Flying types. Tranquill is okay once you teach it Fly and Acrobatics, but before that it kinda sucks lol. I'd say the best one is Archeops, you just have to try to keep it above Half HP, which is way harder than it sounds.
In progress

Hoenn, 1 Badge
My Youtube Channel: Check out my Pokemon Red Walkthrough
Pokemon White FC: 2322 5491 2643
Old September 5th, 2011, 03:49 PM
cazzler
Feraligatr FtW!

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cazzler
Its not really that hard to keep Archeops above half HP, its huge attack destroys anyone that dosen't resist it, In my opinion Archeops would be the best choice. Not saying Sigilyph is bad though, its fine.
Old September 6th, 2011, 01:07 PM
greg0915
Tomorrow is a new day
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Hey. When RNG Breeding, if one of the parents is from USA and the other from UK is that classed as international breeding?
Old September 8th, 2011, 12:06 AM
xXJumboShrimpXx
Trainer

Im trying to breed my Male Pichu with Ditto and they man says "they seem to play with other pokemon than each other". I looked around and I found different answers. One said they changed the game so you have to breed Pichu w/ pichu. I just wanted to confirm if this was correct. Thanks in advance.
Old September 8th, 2011, 12:11 AM
DarkAlucard
Seek me. Call me...

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXJumboShrimpXx View Post
Im trying to breed my Male Pichu with Ditto and they man says "they seem to play with other pokemon than each other". I looked around and I found different answers. One said they changed the game so you have to breed Pichu w/ pichu. I just wanted to confirm if this was correct. Thanks in advance.
If I'm not wrong, Pichu is part of the Non-Egg group, as being a "baby", it can't breed with anyone. You need to breed a Pikachu and a Ditto to get another Pichu.
Old September 8th, 2011, 12:29 AM
PokéSwimmer
Keeping time time time

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXJumboShrimpXx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAlucard View Post

If I'm not wrong, Pichu is part of the Non-Egg group, as being a "baby", it can't breed with anyone. You need to breed a Pikachu and a Ditto to get another Pichu.
DarkAlucard, you are correct. Pichu could never breed with any other Pokémon since it is in the "Undiscovered" egg group (formerly called the "No-Eggs" Group in Pokémon Stadium 2). The Undiscovered egg group consists of mostly Legendary and Baby Pokémon. Any Pokémon in that group cannot breed at all. Bulbapedia has the full list of all of the Pokémon that are in that egg group in case you wanted to see the rest. If you want to breed your Pichu, you will have to evolve it into Pikachu first.

Old September 8th, 2011, 06:50 AM
Charicific
PkMn Trainer

I got a Garchomp in B/W, His Attack is mainly strong for sure. However, I'd like to know if these moves suit him:

-Crunch
-Fire Fang
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw

The Combination was xtremely helpful in many Occasion, however, I didn't give him moves for online gameplay. So in General, are these moves any good? They sweep lots of enemies in the Subway, Ghost, Physic, Ice, Steel, Fire, Dragon, Electric and so on....It helped me alot personally...
Old September 8th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charicific View Post
I got a Garchomp in B/W, His Attack is mainly strong for sure. However, I'd like to know if these moves suit him:

-Crunch
-Fire Fang
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw

The Combination was xtremely helpful in many Occasion, however, I didn't give him moves for online gameplay. So in General, are these moves any good? They sweep lots of enemies in the Subway, Ghost, Physic, Ice, Steel, Fire, Dragon, Electric and so on....It helped me alot personally...
Actually 3/4 of the moves you have are used on his competitive moveset, lol. :) But anyway, Crunch isn't used because Dark doesn't have the best coverage; I'm pretty sure either Stone Edge, Aqua Tail or Outrage is used for him.
✿ trade thread✿
1349 6159 4149
Old September 8th, 2011, 02:52 PM
UndertakerFreak1127
Hollow as a Mountain

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to UndertakerFreak1127 Send a message via Skype™ to UndertakerFreak1127
Should I ditch my Emboar for a Chandelure?

I understand that Chandelure is a Sp. Atk beast and has better typing, but I'm not fully convinced that I should ditch my starter for it.
It's called the American Dream... because you have to be asleep to believe it.
My Safari: Ditto, Aipom, Minccino
FC: 4355 9868 1778
Old September 8th, 2011, 02:54 PM
cazzler
Feraligatr FtW!

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cazzler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misdreavus81 View Post
Should I ditch my Emboar for a Chandelure?

I understand that Chandelure is a Sp. Atk beast and has better typing, but I'm not fully convinced that I should ditch my starter for it.
I think it would be worth it, but just think about how you were doing with Emboar? Was it doing well, I've personally never used it, but I have used Chandelure and it well... Owns everything!
Old September 8th, 2011, 05:53 PM
UndertakerFreak1127
Hollow as a Mountain

Send a message via AIM to UndertakerFreak1127 Send a message via Skype™ to UndertakerFreak1127
Mk, so I was directed here and my question still isn't answered, so I'll ask it a different way: Is it possible to get a Whirlipede level 9 and under? I can't seem to breed one.
Old September 8th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Mk, so I was directed here and my question still isn't answered, so I'll ask it a different way: Is it possible to get a Whirlipede level 9 and under? I can't seem to breed one.
Unless you hack it, no. The evolution levels are set in stone, as are what the Pokemon you can breed are.
Old September 8th, 2011, 06:51 PM
The Nightmare
"I fight for what I belive in"

Nature: Quiet
How do you get a level 1 zekrom/reshiram? any clue?

Old September 8th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nightmare View Post
How do you get a level 1 zekrom/reshiram? any clue?
Hacking, through using Action Replay, etc. They can't be bred and can't be caught at any other levels other than when you encounter them yourself.
Old September 8th, 2011, 11:30 PM
UndertakerFreak1127
Hollow as a Mountain

Rate my team, pl0x?

I have seven badges, and I'm about to take on the Opelucid Gym.

Level 45 Fraxure
Level 44 Reuniclus
Level 44 Unfezant
Level 44 Seismitoad
Level 43 Emboar (thinking of trading for a Chandelure, should I?)
Level 44 Gigalith

Thanks.
Old September 8th, 2011, 11:36 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Rate my team, pl0x?

I have seven badges, and I'm about to take on the Opelucid Gym.

Level 45 Fraxure
Level 44 Reuniclus
Level 44 Unfezant
Level 44 Seismitoad
Level 43 Emboar (thinking of trading for a Chandelure, should I?)
Level 44 Gigalith

Thanks.
You're better off asking within in-game team help, which is where people will rate your teams for you. Just remember to include a moveset, because without movesets nobody can really make a proper judgement on your team. Plus this thread isn't really for team help, rather just simple questions about what you can and can't do in regards to the games.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links