Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page BlackWhite Quick Questions

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread

Old March 12th, 2011 (04:34 PM).
Carpe Diem

Nature: Quiet
Hmm Ive finished the E4 but I want to train up my pokes mainly ruffet deino ans samurott the others are alot higher. their level ranges from 41-45 yet im finding it hard to train them event in victory road, so were is a good place to train them?
www.combatgrounds.com/page.php?id=1394137
Old March 12th, 2011 (04:36 PM).
The Dead Philospher

Nature: Adamant
I have two questions actually:
1.Is there a 5th Gen equivalent to Ditto, or do I have to wait to beat the game before I can start easy breeding?
2.Do I need all three of the Shiny Event Dogs in order to access the event in Black/White?

http://www.ign.com/face-off/pokemon

HE DESERVES THE <3

Old March 12th, 2011 (04:43 PM).

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by Maelstromk:
I have two questions actually:
1.Is there a 5th Gen equivalent to Ditto, or do I have to wait to beat the game before I can start easy breeding?
2.Do I need all three of the Shiny Event Dogs in order to access the event in Black/White?
Answers:
1. I'm sure you're gonna have to wait until you beat the game.
2. You only need one of the event dogs, not all three.

Question:
I am currently in the desert resort. I found this cave with statues around it. Where do I go from here? A guy inside of there says he's digging sand or something...

Games I own:
Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Silver, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, SoulSilver, HeartGold, White
Spin-offs I own:
Colosseum (GC), XD: Gale of Darkness, Blue Rescue Team, Ranger, Mystery of Darkness
Old March 12th, 2011 (04:43 PM).
... pronounced Mös.

Quote originally posted by Yusshin:
Where can I see Victini in-game? Either like Zorua with the little image that pops up (to register in the 'dex), or from a trainer.
Spoiler:
Through a Nintendo WFC Mystery Gift event. You'll recieve a Liberty Pass, which lets you sail to Liberty Garden from Castelia City. After battling your way through a few Team Plasma grunts, you are given the chance to catch a level 15 Victini. I just did it myself actually, it's not hard at all.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Liberty_Garden
Old March 12th, 2011 (05:00 PM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

Nature: Mild
Quote originally posted by .-Notched:
Answers:
1. I'm sure you're gonna have to wait until you beat the game.
2. You only need one of the event dogs, not all three.

Question:
I am currently in the desert resort. I found this cave with statues around it. Where do I go from here? A guy inside of there says he's digging sand or something...
Get out of Desert Resort area and go back to Route 4, then head North and you will end up in Nimbasa City. As for when you can proceed past that point I am not sure on that portion.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old March 12th, 2011 (05:10 PM).
staaaaay fresh!
Super Moderator, CS

Nature: Timid
I know Reshiram and Zekrom are programmed not to be shiny, so could someone let me know if any other legendaries are programmed this way as well? I'm SRing for a shiny Victini right now, but someone told me they think it's programmed to not be shiny.

trade | challenges | vgm | klippy
Old March 12th, 2011 (05:12 PM).
Im back! :3

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by rocky505:
All Pokemon. I have been on the bridges for hours collecting wings and giving them to all my Pokemon.
Do they give +10 like the buyable ones?

Herp Derp

Old March 12th, 2011 (05:23 PM).
Beauty Queen

Nature: Impish
Quote originally posted by Sydian:
I know Reshiram and Zekrom are programmed not to be shiny, so could someone let me know if any other legendaries are programmed this way as well? I'm SRing for a shiny Victini right now, but someone told me they think it's programmed to not be shiny.
You're wasting your time. Smogon group confirmed Victini to be shiny-checked. Resh, Zek & Vic are the only legendaries with shiny check, though.

@Skapo: Nope, they give +1, making them almost useless. Seriously, getting over a hundred of each would be a pain in the rear.
Ultimate Fire Type Challenge: Johto, 10 Badges
Lyrics Challenge: Kanto, 1 Badge
Nuzlocke Challenge: Kanto, 0 Badges
Monochrome Challenge: Hoenn, 5 Badges
Old March 12th, 2011 (06:30 PM).
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Nature: Brave
How many badges do I need to use HM Fly?

Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
"My scar makes me sassy, child!"
The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
The French Club
Old March 12th, 2011 (06:38 PM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

You only need to beat Driftveil Gym to use it, plus Bianca gives you it around that area (first entrance? or second? I forgot), so you can't really use it before that.
Old March 12th, 2011 (06:39 PM).
Villain

Nature: Hasty
Beat the Driftveil Gym.
Anyways would it be a good idea to stall on Ghetsis' Hydreigon by using my Zebstrika's (lv 50+) Thunder Wave. Like so I could slow him down for my Emboar.

Currently Playing: Pokemon X | 3DS Friend Code: 4313-1107-3365
(PM me with your Friend Code and tell me if you have added me)
Old March 12th, 2011 (06:51 PM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

Nature: Mild
Quote originally posted by Forever:

You only need to beat Driftveil Gym to use it, plus Bianca gives you it around that area (first entrance? or second? I forgot), so you can't really use it before that.
Since gives you it right before Route 6, right after you beat Clay. What entrance are you talking about? Oh and she gives it too you after you battle her so you may want to heal up after you battle with Clay.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old March 12th, 2011 (07:55 PM). Edited March 12th, 2011 by Maul856.
The End Of Light

i need a trick to find thundurus i saved my master for him but there is just no way i can find him this will be great help thanks in advance :D
Old March 12th, 2011 (08:37 PM). Edited March 12th, 2011 by BonzaiMudkip.
Senior Trainer

Nature: Lax
Send a message via AIM to BonzaiMudkip Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BonzaiMudkip
Quote originally posted by Maul856:
i need a trick to find thundurus i saved my master for him but there is just no way i can find him this will be great help thanks in advance :D
go to any route that has a thunder storm. I believe the electric bulletins tell you where there's a thunder storm.
EDIT: an easier method in encountering him without having to encounter random pokemon when you're there is to have some repels and a pokemon that's a lower level than thundurus (in this case, lv39)

Also, can you unlock any other rule sets in the game for wifi battles or are we stuck with no restrictions and flat battles? i really want to do full battles with people i register on my pal pad, but i dont want to have them grind their levels until they're the same level as me or having me grind until i'm the same level as them.

my pokemon friend codes:
pearl: 5156 9547 2974
platinum: 2708 8682 4100
heartgold: 2021 6348 5725

PM me if you registered my friend code(s) and give me yours when sending the PM.
Old March 12th, 2011 (10:33 PM). Edited March 13th, 2011 by Musica.
PPPPPDPPPPP

Nature: Timid
I just got my White version and before starting my game, I got Liberty Pass from WFC. Now I have my C-Gear and whenever I try to adjust WFC Settings, I always get

"Please configure your connection settings under the Internet option in the System Setttings.

For help, visit support.nintendo.com."

I tried my SS cartridge and it worked with the Nintendo WFC option in the game menu, but my White cartridge won't let me configure it in the game menu, nor with the C-Gear Online settings. I'm using the same Wi-Fi connection as what I used to receive the Liberty Pass.

PS: I'm using a DSi XL
Old March 13th, 2011 (02:29 AM).
Ruby/Sapphire Veteran

Nature: Modest
I'm seriously stuck on Clay's (5th) Gym in Black and White with a level 28 tepig lv. 24 Trubbish lv. 29 Palpitoad lv. 26 Victini and a lv. 24 Herdier, any suggestions on how to defeat him, i've been stuck for AGES. And anyone who tries moving this to the Strategies section i'm not asking for THAT, i just want to know if there is anywhere nearby i can go and train up my pokemon and catch some new (powerful) ones. I don't want to catch any crappy lv. 20's (i've already been to Cold Storage)
Old March 13th, 2011 (02:35 AM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Snivysmiley:
I'm seriously stuck on Clay's (5th) Gym in Black and White with a level 28 tepig lv. 24 Trubbish lv. 29 Palpitoad lv. 26 Victini and a lv. 24 Herdier, any suggestions on how to defeat him, i've been stuck for AGES. And anyone who tries moving this to the Strategies section i'm not asking for THAT, i just want to know if there is anywhere nearby i can go and train up my pokemon and catch some new (powerful) ones. I don't want to catch any crappy lv. 20's (i've already been to Cold Storage)
Well, next to that city is route 6 is where you can find Pokemon such as Deerling and Foongus, which are not that strong tbh. I'd suggest just moving up and down, taking the grass off the screen and finding wild Audino's for experience would be most helpful, or catching a Ducklett from the bridge nearby, which can learn water-type moves. Oh, and you can also pick up Scald in Cold Storage. You could evolve Tepig to Emboar and teach it that, since Clay uses ground types.

Merged with simple questions incase anyone else has anymore suggestions.
Old March 13th, 2011 (04:07 AM).
Pokemon Master

Nature: Naughty
Well I just reached White Forest in my Pokemon White and all of a sudden my games started too mess up, repel's dont even work anymore.. Anyway I'm not too fussed about that, the thing I am bothered about is that when I switch the order of my party, say for example I put my Zoroark into first position, it ALWAYS sends out the pokemon which is LAST in my party not only that, the pokemon that gets sent out from last in my party has the moveset of the pokemon I was meant too send out, which is first in my party.. So for example I could have a Blastoise using Fire Blast? Just wanted too know if theres any possible way too fix it and if anyone else is having this problem. Thanks.
Old March 13th, 2011 (04:13 AM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by xcellence:
Well I just reached White Forest in my Pokemon White and all of a sudden my games started too mess up, repel's dont even work anymore.. Anyway I'm not too fussed about that, the thing I am bothered about is that when I switch the order of my party, say for example I put my Zoroark into first position, it ALWAYS sends out the pokemon which is LAST in my party :S not only that, the pokemon that gets sent out from last in my party has the moveset of the pokemon I was meant too send out, which is first in my party.. So for example I could have a Blastoise using Fire Blast? Just wanted too know if theres any possible way too fix it and if anyone else is having this problem. Thanks.
Merged with Simple Questions. Are you using a ROM or Action Replay? Cause if so, that might be why. :x If it's something else, then someone else might be able to help.
Old March 13th, 2011 (04:51 AM).
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by xcellence:
Well I just reached White Forest in my Pokemon White and all of a sudden my games started too mess up, repel's dont even work anymore.. Anyway I'm not too fussed about that, the thing I am bothered about is that when I switch the order of my party, say for example I put my Zoroark into first position, it ALWAYS sends out the pokemon which is LAST in my party :S not only that, the pokemon that gets sent out from last in my party has the moveset of the pokemon I was meant too send out, which is first in my party.. So for example I could have a Blastoise using Fire Blast? Just wanted too know if theres any possible way too fix it and if anyone else is having this problem. Thanks.
This is Zoroark's ability, If you have Zoroark in 1st place and then Blatoise in the last position Zoroark will come out looking like Blastoise but will have Zoroark's moveset, so Blastoise (Who is Zoroark) will have moves like Night Burst, Flamethrower etc. Not a glitch just a confusing ability :D
And I won't let you down

1349 6159 4149 // black magic // get weird
Old March 13th, 2011 (04:59 AM).
iAm

Nature: Relaxed
Is it by any chance possible to get the legendary on the cover of the other game? I have white, so I have Zekrom, but can I catch Reshiram too?
Old March 13th, 2011 (05:45 AM).
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by iTeruri:
Is it by any chance possible to get the legendary on the cover of the other game? I have white, so I have Zekrom, but can I catch Reshiram too?
Nope, Reshiram is only obtainable in Black and Vise Versa for White & Zekrom.

Quote originally posted by Snivysmiley:
Well firstly evolve Tepig, it's no use as a Tepig and can be much more helpful as a Pignite.

Go back to Cold Storage and find the Scald TM. Teach it to Palpitoad, now, when you face Clay he'll send out his own Palpitoad iirc or Sandile's evolution. Use Herdier to chip away at Palpitoad's HP, or use Palpitoad's water moves on Sandile's evolution, Excardrill is pretty easy, just use Victini and Pignite's fire moves and other Water/Ground/Fighting moves.

Clay shouldn't really be that hard, also you need to grind a lot. Use the Shaking grass patches to find Audino's they give loads of EXP.
And I won't let you down

1349 6159 4149 // black magic // get weird
Old March 13th, 2011 (08:42 AM).
Pokemon Breeder and Fuzer

When does the Castelia Cones Open and what do they serve?

Also, I'm a slow player so what does the 4th Gym Leader have and when are the games in the Stadiums?

FC:

Black: 0604 5707 4092

My Youtube Channel

Old March 13th, 2011 (08:46 AM).
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by TheMysteryEgg:
Also, I'm a slow player so what does the 4th Gym Leader have?
Fourth gym is Elesa, the Electric Trainer. Her levels are 25-27 (approximately) with two Volt Switch-spamming Emolgas (also like Double Team) and her highest level being a Zebstrika.

I had Level 33s by this time. Grind off Audinos if it's too tough.

Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
"My scar makes me sassy, child!"
The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
The French Club
Old March 13th, 2011 (08:53 AM).
Nameless.

Quote originally posted by TheMysteryEgg:
When does the Castelia Cones Open and what do they serve?
The Castelia Cones serves just that, the Castelia Cone!
It's only open on Tuesdays in the Spring, Summer, and Autumn season. It cures all status ailments.

It's really not all that amazing. XD
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)