The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 29th, 2011, 11:00 PM
Poison - Grey
The bringer of cake...

Nature: Sassy

Advertise here
Will a pokemon left at the daycare still forget moves if it is Lv. 100?
Old September 29th, 2011, 11:03 PM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poison - Grey View Post
Will a pokemon left at the daycare still forget moves if it is Lv. 100?
It only forgets moves if it learns a new move to replace it. It only learns moves from leveling in the Daycare. At level 100, it doesn't level. So no, it won't forget anything. :3
PM
Old September 30th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Moltres Rider
Banned

Nature: Modest
why is it that when I progress though the areas that you unlock after beating Ghetsis, the same higher level Pokemon don't give you as much experience?
for example a level 47 Kangaskhan is only giving me 700 exp verses the 3800 exp when I fought a level 47 Kangaskhan the first time
Old September 30th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Oryx
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinrpg View Post
why is it that when I progress though the areas that you unlock after beating Ghetsis, the same higher level Pokemon don't give you as much experience?
for example a level 47 Kangaskhan is only giving me 700 exp verses the 3800 exp when I fought a level 47 Kangaskhan the first time
The experience you get changes based on what level your Pokemon is at. It's a new system called diminishing returns that was introduced in this game.
PM
Old September 30th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Moltres Rider
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post

The experience you get changes based on what level your Pokemon is at. It's a new system called diminishing returns that was introduced in this game.
why do they need that? it's kinda stupid if you ask me... and by the way are you sure that's what it's called? nothing relevant comes up on Google when searching "diminishing Returns"

Last edited by Moltres Rider; September 30th, 2011 at 03:06 PM.
Old September 30th, 2011, 03:44 PM
zombie101
Woah

where do you get a dawn stone? in BW

Last edited by zombie101; October 1st, 2011 at 08:57 AM.
Old September 30th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Oryx
Community Supporter

Quote:
why do they need that? it's kinda stupid if you ask me... and by the way are you sure that's what it's called? nothing relevant comes up on Google when searching "diminishing Returns"
That's because the term means more than something in Pokemon, kind of like if you Google "breeding" the first results won't be about Pokemon. The Pokemon system wasn't specifically named that, but that's the idea behind it, the idea of diminishing returns - a weaker Pokemon gets more exp for defeating the same Pokemon because they put more effort into it. If one Pokemon is fighting the same opponent over and over and over, the returns (exp) from each battle diminish. Therefore, diminishing returns.
PM
Old September 30th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie101 View Post
Careful nature

3/21/2011
Sinnoh
Apparently attived at Lv.80
Likes to fight.
Dex No 461
Name Weavile
Type dark ice
OT rayco
ID no 02774
Exp points 529015
To next Lv. 18259
(male caught in master ball)
Hp 234 attack 240
defense 150
sp atk 80
sp def 192
speed 225
abilty pressure the pokemon raises the foes PP usage
Ariel ace
Revenge
shadow claw
night slash
You'll probably get much better results if you ask in the check my Pokemon thread which is specifically for checking if Pokemon are hacked or not. If you receive an answer here, however, just remember to post there next time.
Old September 30th, 2011, 06:57 PM
JstDTip
Beginning Trainer

I've been trying to get DW to work, registered to pokemon.com and everything but its still not working. can any help me?
Old September 30th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by JstDTip View Post
I've been trying to get DW to work, registered to pokemon.com and everything but its still not working. can any help me?
How exactly is it not working? Are you connected to a router with WEP or WPA access (depending on your DS)? On a side note, the website is running, so it can't be that.

Run us through the steps you used either way and tell us where exactly the issue is and we'll be able to help you better. :) Make sure you've used game sync otherwise you won't be able to do anything. On the other hand, it could be as simple as email verification (though iirc I don't think they do that). Moving to Quick Questions for now anyway while we wait for your explanation.
Old September 30th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Seedot
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post

How exactly is it not working? Are you connected to a router with WEP or WPA access (depending on your DS)? On a side note, the website is running, so it can't be that.

Run us through the steps you used either way and tell us where exactly the issue is and we'll be able to help you better. Make sure you've used game sync otherwise you won't be able to do anything. On the other hand, it could be as simple as email verification (though iirc I don't think they do that). Moving to Quick Questions for now anyway while we wait for your explanation.
Thank you,

I put a pokemon to sleep then i wake him up 24 hours later.... i'm able to connect to the internet and everything, all settings work. so when i wake up my pokemon nothing happens?

Pokemon Black- 3396-4304-4350
Old September 30th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedot View Post
Thank you,

I put a pokemon to sleep then i wake him up 24 hours later.... i'm able to connect to the internet and everything, all settings work. so when i wake up my pokemon nothing happens?
Oh I think I see the issue. When you put the Pokemon to sleep you go to the global link website and click Dream World over to the far right (make sure you've logged in on the left first) then within the Dream World Fennel basically explains everything to you. Once you're done, just sign out of the Dream World at the top right of the screen and then repeat the normal process to wake your Pokemon up. But yeah, nothing was occurring because you weren't using the site. XD Have fun using the Dream World now though!
Old September 30th, 2011, 07:48 PM
JstDTip
Beginning Trainer

yes, thats the problem, i'll be logged into pokemon/com, BUT when i try to log into the global link, it says invalid user or what ever, i even made a new user, and all that stuff but its still not working

sorry about changing user names
Old September 30th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by JstDTip View Post
yes, thats the problem, i'll be logged into pokemon/com, BUT when i try to log into the global link, it says invalid user or what ever, i even made a new user, and all that stuff but its still not working

sorry about changing user names
Invalid user? I just created an account to test - do you get to the screen where it says you need to confirm via email? And if so, do you get to the Register With Global Link screen? (and have you entered your game sync ID?)

Actually it might be easier to see the issue if you take a screenshot of the point you're at (you can do this by pressing PrtSc for most computers if you didn't know).

And it's fine @ changing usernames.
Old September 30th, 2011, 11:00 PM
Zet
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Because pokemon is now an korean mmo, nintendo wants to make you grind(excessive battling to go up a level) until your fingers bleed.
Old October 1st, 2011, 06:57 AM
Niriate
Rivalist

Nature: Calm
Just a quick question. How much of B/W would one miss by only watching the anime? I don't own a DS but still wanna learn as much as I can about the new generation.

Current Challenge: Trainer Personality Examination. Platinum

Starting with LeafGreen 'soon'TM

Wishing I could do Ice-Mono challenge in Platinum Lack of hacking skills FTL

Old October 1st, 2011, 07:00 AM
Lezza
The Guy who loves Braviarys

I have trouble getting onto Dream World.
I log in, but when I click on Dream World, it acts like i havent logged in.
It says you need a Pokemon trainer club account which I have logged in on,
Please Help!

Wins-15, Losses-2, Matches-17
Check Out my Youtube Channel LemonNinjaz24
Old October 1st, 2011, 07:07 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lezza View Post
I have trouble getting onto Dream World.
I log in, but when I click on Dream World, it acts like i havent logged in.
It says you need a Pokemon trainer club account which I have logged in on,
Please Help!
Have you logged in on the left side of the Pokemon global link page? Since it doesn't have a remember me box and isn't connected to the main page you need to literally login to that every time, so really you need to login to two pages within the same site. :(

If that's not the issue and you have logged in on the left side, take a screenshot of the Dream World page and we'll see if we can help more from there.
Old October 1st, 2011, 07:13 AM
Kaori
tragedy

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niriate View Post
Just a quick question. How much of B/W would one miss by only watching the anime? I don't own a DS but still wanna learn as much as I can about the new generation.
I think you'd learn quite a bit about the new Pokémon, towns and cities just from the anime. The only things you would probably miss are the little details found within the game such as meeting up with your best friends/rivals to battle and stopping the whole Team Plasma and Ghetsis plot (knowing the anime will probably give it a twist, so if you wanted the whole experience of the plot from the in-game, you won't have the best of luck there). You're most likely to find out more about N in the game than they will show how he is in the anime too.

But you have "Who's that Pokémon?" which they brought back in for the anime so you'll be able to catch up on the names of the Pokémon and whatnot. I'm pretty sure the anime will be showing some characters from the game there, so perhaps you'll learn a little about them as well. They have yet to show triple battles and I doubt they will plan on showing rotational battles, so those are also some features you would want to experience in the games than from the anime. :( However I do recommend getting Black or White sometime in the future, and instead of buying a regular DS, I would suggest going with the 3DS since basically all new games are going to come out for that handhold device.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old October 1st, 2011, 09:09 AM
zombie101
Woah

who should i use for wifi banetee or froslass
Old October 1st, 2011, 09:10 AM
Moltres Rider
Banned

is there a list anywhere of all 649 Pokemon and which show they'll do best at in the Musical? I have been searching my A** off and haven't found anything
Old October 1st, 2011, 09:28 AM
Lezza
The Guy who loves Braviarys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post

Have you logged in on the left side of the Pokemon global link page? Since it doesn't have a remember me box and isn't connected to the main page you need to literally login to that every time, so really you need to login to two pages within the same site.

If that's not the issue and you have logged in on the left side, take a screenshot of the Dream World page and we'll see if we can help more from there.
I have logged on the left hand side.
Icant take pics sorry. I log in and then its like it refreshes the page and nothing happens.
it is the right log in details as well

Wins-15, Losses-2, Matches-17
Check Out my Youtube Channel LemonNinjaz24

Last edited by Lezza; October 1st, 2011 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Dunno
Old October 1st, 2011, 01:22 PM
Jeikobu
God's beloved child

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu
What's with the man in outdoors in Sazanami ("Undella"?) Town who makes a Pokemon sound when you talk to him?
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old October 1st, 2011, 04:56 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie101 View Post
who should i use for wifi banetee or froslass
That depends on your team, etc, (and the Pokemon may be used in different ways too) and wifi advice may be better suited for the competitive battling section... I believe though in general Froslass is regarded as better but again it depends on the rest of your team/how you want to use them.
Quote:
is there a list anywhere of all 649 Pokemon and which show they'll do best at in the Musical? I have been searching my A** off and haven't found anything
I don't think the musicals are dependent on the choice of Pokemon - there's no 'cool Pokemon category' and so forth to my knowledge. Which may explain why you haven't found such a list. There is a list about the items you can make them wear though (scroll down) and what sort of musical they should be used for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeikobu View Post
What's with the man in outdoors in Sazanami ("Undella"?) Town who makes a Pokemon sound when you talk to him?
I don't recall him but he might be just a random NPC with no real purpose besides to entertain. Or confuse. =p

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
The BBS Forums!
Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!
Home of Wynaut? Webzine; looking for contributors!
Old October 1st, 2011, 06:32 PM
Jeikobu
God's beloved child

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu
If no one knows, my theory then is he'll have a purpose in a promotion to be revealed later. Either that or he does super Pokemon voice impressions. (not sure which Pokemon sound he's making, though)

New question: when breeding, at what time is the gender of your egg Pokemon determined? When you drop your parent Pokemon at the daycare? When you're given the egg? Or is it only determined right when the egg hatches?
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here