Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 1st, 2011 (06:47 PM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote originally posted by Jeikobu:
If no one knows, my theory then is he'll have a purpose in a promotion to be revealed later. Either that or he does super Pokemon voice impressions. (not sure which Pokemon sound he's making, though)

New question: when breeding, at what time is the gender of your egg Pokemon determined? When you drop your parent Pokemon at the daycare? When you're given the egg? Or is it only determined right when the egg hatches?
The gender of the Pokemon is determined when you take the egg as well as its nature, ability and IVs.

Old October 1st, 2011 (08:35 PM).
Jeikobu
God's beloved child

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu
So it's determined only when I actually accept the egg from the man, not when he calls me over?

Another question: I'm trying to understand the "Pickup" ability. Bulbapedia seems to describe it fairly well, but I don't know that I understand this quote: "It can be retrieved through the normal means of taking a held item." Does that mean I have to have a move like "Snatch" that takes a held item, or do I just simply have to win the battle to get a random item?
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old October 1st, 2011 (08:42 PM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
So it's determined only when I actually accept the egg from the man, not when he calls me over?

Another question: I'm trying to understand the "Pickup" ability. Bulbapedia seems to describe it fairly well, but I don't know that I understand this quote: "It can be retrieved through the normal means of taking a held item." Does that mean I have to have a move like "Snatch" that takes a held item, or do I just simply have to win the battle to get a random item?
When the battle ends, you just take it off of them by selecting them and choosing to take it off as if you had given them the item to begin with. No special moves required.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old October 2nd, 2011 (05:44 PM).
Alli
kong

Nature: Timid
It's 20:42 and my Eevee is still trying to evolve into Espeon. Either I have my Umbre/Espe times wrong, or this is a problem with my clock. The most I've done to my clock is fix it because it was an hour off from my actual time. So I can't imagine any other problem it could be, unless Umbreon is obtainable at 9 PM/21:00 and later.
paired to diddy

Old October 2nd, 2011 (05:48 PM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Sydian:
It's 20:42 and my Eevee is still trying to evolve into Espeon. Either I have my Umbre/Espe times wrong, or this is a problem with my clock. The most I've done to my clock is fix it because it was an hour off from my actual time. So I can't imagine any other problem it could be, unless Umbreon is obtainable at 9 PM/21:00 and later.
It's summer rn in B/W, right? Day lasts an hour longer in summer, so it's probably just not night yet in your game.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old October 2nd, 2011 (05:49 PM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote originally posted by Sydian:
If it's summer in your game, night begins at 9PM.

Season Morning Day Evening Night
Spring 05:00-09:59 10:00-16:59 17:00-19:59 20:00-04:59
Summer 04:00-08:59 09:00-18:59 19:00-20:59 21:00-03:59
Autumn 05:00-09:59 10:00-16:59 17:00-19:59 20:00-04:59
Winter 07:00-10:59 11:00-15:59 16:00-18:59 19:00-06:59
Old October 2nd, 2011 (10:31 PM).
Jeikobu
God's beloved child

Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu
I'm trying to breed a male Zoroark with a Metamon ("Ditto") and I want a female. After about six tries, I keep getting male (I saved before getting the egg so I know I haven't saved after the stats have been predetermined). I want a female. I know Zorua tends to be female only about 15% of the time for my memory (according to Bulbapedia). What I just thought of now though was, since I'm not breeding with a female Zoroark, do I still even have a chance of getting a female at all? Although, looking at Bulbapedia, breeding a male Nidoran with a Metamon will still offer a chance at a female Nidoran, so does that mean I still have a shot at a female Zorua?
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old October 2nd, 2011 (10:33 PM).
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

I'm trying to breed a male Zoroark with a Metamon ("Ditto") and I want a female. After about six tries, I keep getting male (I saved before getting the egg so I know I haven't saved after the stats have been predetermined). I want a female. I know Zorua tends to be female only about 15% of the time for my memory (according to Bulbapedia). What I just thought of now though was, since I'm not breeding with a female Zoroark, do I still even have a chance of getting a female at all? Although, looking at Bulbapedia, breeding a male Nidoran with a Metamon will still offer a chance at a female Nidoran, so does that mean I still have a shot at a female Zorua?
Breeding a male Zoroark and Ditto will have a 12.5% chance of producing a female Zorua egg. Just keep trying.
Old October 3rd, 2011 (12:07 AM).
brad08
Beginning Trainer

Were can I get a ditto in the unova region.
Old October 3rd, 2011 (12:10 AM).
Forever
let it go

Quote originally posted by brad08:
Were can I get a ditto in the unova region.
At the back of the giant chasm. They'll be around level 50, so fly to Lacunosa Town, then head right and walk through the opening to find the cave. When you get to the middle of the cave you'll see an opening to the back of the cave which is where you can find Ditto. :)
Old October 3rd, 2011 (09:43 PM).
R3b1rth
Meh

Location: north of the u.s. west of japan east of Britain where am I?
Nature: Rash
Why can't i trade event pokemon like i tried giving my buddy my event victini so he could fill his dex and it said i couldn't trade it so i tried giving him my toys r us zoroark and it said the same thing then we tried my shaymin from platinum and its still wouldn't work... any thoughts why?
Old October 3rd, 2011 (10:34 PM).
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by R3b1rth:
Why can't i trade event pokemon like i tried giving my buddy my event victini so he could fill his dex and it said i couldn't trade it so i tried giving him my toys r us zoroark and it said the same thing then we tried my shaymin from platinum and its still wouldn't work... any thoughts why?
None of these events can be shared. The only event that has ever been able to be shared is the Secret Key in Platinum, and only in Japan.
Old October 4th, 2011 (05:03 AM).
Krytoko
Beginning Trainer

Say I wanted to borrow someone's Event Celebi for a few minutes so that I could get Zorua, Would my game allow me to trade over a Celebi that early in the game? I want to do it as soon as I can get to that City.
Old October 4th, 2011 (05:15 AM).
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Krytoko:
Say I wanted to borrow someone's Event Celebi for a few minutes so that I could get Zorua, Would my game allow me to trade over a Celebi that early in the game? I want to do it as soon as I can get to that City.
Yep, it should let you. Celebi will just have ??? as it's Pokedex number.
Old October 4th, 2011 (11:03 AM).
R3b1rth
Meh

Location: north of the u.s. west of japan east of Britain where am I?
Nature: Rash
so I'm trying to calculate my salamances iv and the calculator says that the stats are invalid. so here is my salamances story it started out in emerald then transferred to my diamond then traded to my heart gold at lv 51 then transferred to white where it contracted pkrs. it is not a shiny! it has a lonely nature it is now lv 100 its hp is at 322 attack 356 defence 167 sp.atk 257 sp. def 214 speed 242 like i have never hacked a game before so i am thinking the pkrs is making it impossible to calculate the stats. Can someone please confirm my suspicions?
Old October 4th, 2011 (02:16 PM).
sherreamethyst
Dragonite's Momma

Nature: Modest
so I'm trying to calculate my salamances iv and the calculator says that the stats are invalid. so here is my salamances story it started out in emerald then transferred to my diamond then traded to my heart gold at lv 51 then transferred to white where it contracted pkrs. it is not a shiny! it has a lonely nature it is now lv 100 its hp is at 322 attack 356 defence 167 sp.atk 257 sp. def 214 speed 242 like i have never hacked a game before so i am thinking the pkrs is making it impossible to calculate the stats. Can someone please confirm my suspicions?
So Pokerus is definitley not making it impossible to calculate yur IVs. And, it's pretty amazing how yu were able to get Pokerus without ever hacking, it's very rare to catch, so yur very lucky!! Anyways, I don't know much about calculating IV's, but heres a link that might help yu: http://www.serebii.net/games/ivs.shtml
Old October 4th, 2011 (11:41 PM). Edited October 7th, 2011 by PelipperMail.
PelipperMail
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Toujours:

When the battle ends, you just take it off of them by selecting them and choosing to take it off as if you had given them the item to begin with. No special moves required.
I'm not sure that was the answer that they were looking for... I think they misinterpreted what the ability actually does.

If you want the items that a Pokemon with Pickup can... pick up, then you must catch a Pokemon with the Pickup ability and keep them in your party. After every battle, there is a chance that the Pokemon with Pickup has picked up an item. You can simply take it off them as you normally would.
Old October 4th, 2011 (11:47 PM).
brad08
Beginning Trainer

Can I import pokemon from d/p and hg/ss? Even legendarys?

Which starters would be best in pokemon white and can you name the pros and cons of each one?
Old October 5th, 2011 (12:14 AM). Edited October 7th, 2011 by PelipperMail.
PelipperMail

Can I import pokemon from d/p and hg/ss? Even legendarys?
You can transfer them, using the Poké Transfer located in the Poké Transfer Lab on Route 15, once you have defeated the Elite 4.

The Poké Transfer is a feature that allows Pokémon from Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver to be transferred to Pokémon Black and White, similar to Generation Pal Park.

You will need two Nintendo DS (lite, DSi, XL, 3DS) to do this transfer.

Which starters would be best in pokemon white and can you name the pros and cons of each one?
It doesn't really matter what starter you use, there are plenty of other Pokemon to catch and train while you're on your journey. Here's what I think of them, however:

Snivy is the type starter. He evolves into Serperior.

Snivy has quite balanced stats, and has quite a decent movepool in the metagame (online play). A lot of the moves he learns are grass type and don't cover many other Pokemon. In game, unless you really like the design, I wouldn't choose him as there are plenty of other grass types that can take his place, such as Sewaddle, Petilil, or Cottonee

Tepig
is the type starter. He evolves into the Emboar.

Blessed with a vast movepool, Tepig is very good to use in-game. Make sure you teach him a variety of moves, to make the most out of him. His downfall is that he has quite frail defenses, and a hindering speed stat as well, so other Pokemon can take him down quite easily. On top of this, his extra typing gives him extra weaknesses - of flying and psychic - although it cancels out one weakness - rock.

Oshawott
is the type starter. He evolves into Samurott.

Oshawott and his evolutions, like Tepig's, are blessed with a good movepool. In my opinion, Samurott has the most balanced stats of all of the starter's final evolutions, and is probably the most useful in-game. The downfall of Oshawott is that although good, his special defense and speed are quite low. Luckily his HP stat is quite big, to make up for this.

No matter what you choose, make sure you catch at least a few other Pokemon of different types to help you along your way!

Good luck.
Old October 5th, 2011 (12:32 AM). Edited October 5th, 2011 by brad08.
brad08
Beginning Trainer

Cheers for that information

When can I use the global WiFi thing?

Old October 5th, 2011 (12:38 AM). Edited October 7th, 2011 by PelipperMail.
PelipperMail

Once you have defeated the first Gym leader, and done the short mission after that, you will receive the C-Gear. With this, you will be able to use "the global WiFi thing"
Old October 5th, 2011 (01:14 AM).
Ciax
Ledian Used Starlight!

Nature: Sassy
Can I get into the desert on route 4 before beating Burgh, I cant remeber and dont want to play thorugh just to see if I can?
Old October 5th, 2011 (01:15 AM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote originally posted by Ciax:
Can I get into the desert on route 4 before beating Burgh, I cant remeber and dont want to play thorugh just to see if I can?
You can still access Route 4 before you beat Burgh, but you won't be able to proceed until you beat him because a worker is blocking the way.

Old October 5th, 2011 (09:19 AM).
Zoroark The Illusionist
Beginning Trainer

I've had this problem myself, It will say it's an invalid stat because the stats you put in also include stats added from EV's
Old October 5th, 2011 (02:33 PM).
Ciax
Ledian Used Starlight!

Nature: Sassy
so I can get into route 4 but not to desert resort?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links