Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page B W Quick Questions

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread

Old October 5th, 2011 (02:44 PM).
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Quote originally posted by Ciax:
so I can get into route 4 but not to desert resort?
Why not go to Route 4 and find out? ;)

Yeah, you can get into Route 4 but as PlatinumDude stated, a worker will be blocking your way to get to the Desert Resort.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old October 5th, 2011 (02:47 PM). Edited October 7th, 2011 by PelipperMail.
PelipperMail
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Ciax:
so I can get into route 4 but not to desert resort?
You can definitely go to Route 4, I know that. I'm also fairly certain that you can go to the Desert Resort, but I'm not entirely sure. I remember I caught a Darumaka so I could beat Burgh, and I think I cought him in the Desert Resort because they were higher levels. However, I'm not entirely sure, but I'd bet some PokéDollars on it (that you can access the desert resort).

You cannot proceed past Route 4, though.
Old October 5th, 2011 (02:50 PM).
Weavile05
Currently Hacking BW

Nature: Lax
Does the Badly Poisoned status condition count toward the power boost for Venoshock?

Hoenn, 1 Badge
My Youtube Channel: Check out my Pokemon Red Walkthrough
Pokemon White FC: 2322 5491 2643
Old October 5th, 2011 (02:56 PM).
Kaori
tragedy

Quote originally posted by Weavile05:
Does the Badly Poisoned status condition count toward the power boost for Venoshock?
You only get the double power boost if your Pokémon is poisoned, so yes indeed it does.

Old October 6th, 2011 (12:42 AM).
The_Evil_Weavile
used Ennui

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The_Evil_Weavile
I have a (legit tested and confirmed) Jirachi. When I'm using a passpower or have my c-gear on, I can't heal it during battle and its said that it's fainted once even though it had one hit point left. Jirachi's battle sprite was gone, but I couldn't switch Pokemon or attack. This has happened twice now and I had to soft reset. I don't use any cheating devices or hacked Pokemon. Ever. What is going on?

I have a rock type Safari if Onix and Dwebble are your thing.
Old October 6th, 2011 (10:11 AM).
brad08
Beginning Trainer

Does anything happen if i catch both tornadus and thundurus
Old October 6th, 2011 (10:17 AM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by brad08:
Does anything happen if i catch both tornadus and thundurus
Well, you can't get both in one game. You would be able to catch one depending on your game, and then get the other in a trade.

But if you have both, yes! You can go to the Abundant Shrine and Landorus will appear. You'll then be able to catch him as well. :)

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old October 6th, 2011 (10:57 AM).
brad08
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by Toujours:

Well, you can't get both in one game. You would be able to catch one depending on your game, and then get the other in a trade.

But if you have both, yes! You can go to the Abundant Shrine and Landorus will appear. You'll then be able to catch him as well.
Thanks, when can I get these two pokemon and what are thesr pokemons rate catch?
Old October 6th, 2011 (12:21 PM).
devilace372
cast between dusk and dawn

Nature: Brave
hey guys can bronzors DW ability be bred even though it is genderless?

black friend code 4513 0451 0672 trainer name Rambo lol (mainly use)
Platinum FC 3396 6219 8023
White FC 0561 9015 1283
SS FC 3353 6723 1201
HG FC 4813 9699 5018
Check Out DevilKlown's Thread!!!!: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6889622#post6889622
Challenges:
Current Challenge: The Random Pokemon Challenge - Soul Silver - Team: Flareon, Gallade, Corsola, Breloom
Old October 6th, 2011 (03:35 PM). Edited October 6th, 2011 by PelipperMail.
PelipperMail
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by devilace372:
hey guys can bronzors DW ability be bred even though it is genderless?

You can only obtain DW Bronzong from the actual DreamWorld, there is no way to breed it.

Quote originally posted by brad08:
Thanks, when can I get these two pokemon and what are thesr pokemons rate catch?
Thundurus and Tornadus are roaming Pokémon. Thundurus is exclusive to Pokémon White, and Tornadus is only found in Pokémon Black. Roaming Pokémon are a type of legendary Pokémon that, instead of remaining in one place, run around the region they appear in, changing routes every time you do.
This is similar to Mesprit in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum; and Lati@s in Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald.

They can be obtained at level 40. After obtaining the Legend Badge, which is the 8th Gym Badge, talk to the woman behind the desk at the gate at route 10. Then travel to Route 7, where another women will tell you about a storm, and after that, you will be able to catch yours. You will need to trade for the other one.

Their catch rates are 3, which is the most difficult to catch. According to Bulbapedia, this is 0.4%. Since Tornadus and Thundurus attempt to flee each battle, I recommend that you carry around a Pokémon that knows Mean Look so that it will be easier for you.

After you get the National Pokedex, and once you have both Tornadus and Thundurus in your party (with one of them being caught in your game), head to the Abundant Shrine on Route 14. Click on the shrine, and as long as you have Tornadus and Thundurus in your party, Landorus will fly down and engage you.

Landorus is level 70 when you encounter it and has a low catch rate, so come prepared with high level pokemon and a lot of pokeballs.
Old October 7th, 2011 (12:41 PM).
Moltres Rider
Banned

I seem to cannot remember where to go to change my trainer card greeting where it gives you options such as
Hello, I love <select option>

can anybody remind me where to do this is located?
Old October 7th, 2011 (12:48 PM).
assassinjay1229
Im baaaack

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by justinrpg:
I seem to cannot remember where to go to change my trainer card greeting where it gives you options such as
Hello, I love <select option>

can anybody remind me where to do this is located?
Go to you trainer card, click on your current greeting and then you go to the new greeting option. Hope this helped

-Jay

Pair: Saerith
Old October 7th, 2011 (02:15 PM).
Weavile05
Currently Hacking BW

When doing a triple battle, which position in your party goes to the middle of the three Pokemon?

Hoenn, 1 Badge
My Youtube Channel: Check out my Pokemon Red Walkthrough
Pokemon White FC: 2322 5491 2643
Old October 7th, 2011 (02:18 PM).
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Weavile05:
When doing a triple battle, which position in your party goes to the middle of the three Pokemon?
I'm more or less certain that it's the second one. 1st one will be on the left, 3rd on the right. :)
Old October 8th, 2011 (11:20 AM).
sherreamethyst
Dragonite's Momma

Does anyone know anything about how to reduce EV's on Pokemon White? I heard you can't find the berries anywhere, so I was wondering how everyone else reduces EV's on their Pokemon in 5th Gen. If you use a Action Replay code, can you please share it with me? I want to EV train my Crustle, but I need to reduce his EV's first. Thanks guys!! :D
Old October 8th, 2011 (07:33 PM).
Forever
let it go

Quote originally posted by sherreamethyst:
Does anyone know anything about how to reduce EV's on Pokemon White? I heard you can't find the berries anywhere, so I was wondering how everyone else reduces EV's on their Pokemon in 5th Gen. If you use a Action Replay code, can you please share it with me? I want to EV train my Crustle, but I need to reduce his EV's first. Thanks guys!! :D
Action Replay codes cannot be shared here, so the next best thing is using the Dream World. Within the areas you'll be able to find berries that can reduce EVs. There's a guide to them here. :)

If you aren't sure how to use the Dream World, check out this post.
Old October 9th, 2011 (06:29 AM).
Kikpanther
Not a beginner that's for sure
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kikpanther
I'm having a problem training my pokemon and I'm not sure why. For some reason they don't collect exp. as fast as they should, even with a Lucky Egg. I have a Joltik, a Roselia, a Pidgeot, and a Deino with this problem. No matter what level the pokemon is they barely seem to be able to level up or even get extra points even while holding the Lucky Egg.

For example, I was on the Marvelous Bridge and ran into a shadow with a Swanna in it. My pokemon aren't up that high a level, just in their twenties, and this Swanna was level fifty, twenty-five levels higher than my pokemon. My Joltik managed to beat it and only went up one level plus half the bar (this being without the Lucky Egg) and the pokemon that had Exp. Shares didn't even level up at all!

I can understand the difficulty with a Deino, but Roselia? Pidgeot? Joltik? It can't be!

So I have to ask, is this normal, am I doing something wrong, or is there something up here?

Thank you.
Old October 9th, 2011 (06:41 AM).
devilace372
cast between dusk and dawn

Nature: Brave
it's because game freak made the game so we all have to work harder grinding our pokemon when battling against wild pokemon so after a while the exp will go lower

for example in HG/SS when we battled pokemon on the first few routes we would always get around 3 to 4 exp per pokemon even if our pokemon were like 40 50 but now in 5th gen if we do the same say on route on battling lillipups and patrats if you begin the game you while get good exp but the higher your pokemon are the lower the exp becomes and eventually will reach 1 exp per pokemon on the route (route 1) and will do this for all your high level pokemon

game freak just want use to work more to make our pokemon stronger (i guess its a way to make the game a lil more difficult)

black friend code 4513 0451 0672 trainer name Rambo lol (mainly use)
Platinum FC 3396 6219 8023
White FC 0561 9015 1283
SS FC 3353 6723 1201
HG FC 4813 9699 5018
Check Out DevilKlown's Thread!!!!: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6889622#post6889622
Challenges:
Current Challenge: The Random Pokemon Challenge - Soul Silver - Team: Flareon, Gallade, Corsola, Breloom
Old October 9th, 2011 (06:46 AM).
Kikpanther
Community Supporter

I know they did this, but this isn't the first team I've had. It's the third maybe, and all of the pokemon leveled up much faster than this. With my other teams I could battle pokemon around the same level and still get a reasonable amount of extra points, for these guys pokemon thirteen levels higher or so make it look like I've been knocking out Patrats in Accumula.
Old October 9th, 2011 (06:55 AM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote originally posted by Kiklion:
I know they did this, but this isn't the first team I've had. It's the third maybe, and all of the pokemon leveled up much faster than this. With my other teams I could battle pokemon around the same level and still get a reasonable amount of extra points, for these guys pokemon thirteen levels higher or so make it look like I've been knocking out Patrats in Accumula.
Well the Exp Share would have halved the experience from the Swanna, and Swanna doesn't give out much exp anyway. Go to the shaking grass and battle Audino, they give out one of the biggest amounts of exp in the game.
Old October 9th, 2011 (07:28 AM).
Kikpanther
Community Supporter

I have and it's the same thing. =/ I didn't even get a quarter of exp. Maybe I should just keep battling higher level pokemon. Even if there is a problem it's most likely not fixable.

Thanks for the help, though.
Old October 9th, 2011 (04:19 PM).
Gyardosamped
entering snake habitat
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
This might have been answered before, however, is there a reason why GameFreak did not implement the "Pokemon following the trainer" like they did in HG/SS?
Old October 9th, 2011 (04:44 PM).
Kaori
tragedy

Quote originally posted by Gyardosamped:
This might have been answered before, however, is there a reason why GameFreak did not implement the "Pokemon following the trainer" like they did in HG/SS?
There is no specific reason on why GF has removed the feature, but I'm guessing it was to implement the newer features the game has now, or perhaps they plan to include it in later games. It may have just been an HGSS exclusive too. :( Either way, it's unfortunate that they decided not to bring it back for whatever reason.

Old October 10th, 2011 (07:42 AM).
JezzaRules
Charmander Lover

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to JezzaRules
I was training my Zweilous until I realised it had the Impish Nature (which increases Def and decreases Spec Atk).
Knowing that Hydreigon is a Spec Atk user, should I ditch my Zweilous?
Old October 10th, 2011 (07:50 AM).
Forever
let it go

Quote originally posted by JezzaRules:
I was training my Zweilous until I realised it had the Impish Nature (which increases Def and decreases Spec Atk).
Knowing that Hydreigon is a Spec Atk user, should I ditch my Zweilous?
It's up to you. Its attack stat isn't that bad & outrage/crunch are pretty good attacks tbh with STAB and all, so you could train in attack. However, you could just ev train in spA anyway, and while you'll be weaker than other Hydreigon you'll still be pretty strong with that base spA stat. :x

Moving to Quick Questions anyway, which is what you should use next time, in case anyone else has anything to add!

Sponsored Links