Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page B W Quick Questions

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread

Old November 8th, 2011 (01:25 PM).
Chespin, I choose you!

Nature: Timid
Is it possible to RNG with a DSi? If so, how?
I mean, I can't even get started.
The guide on smogon (On the calibration part) says that you have to note the time when you soft reset, but it also says that you have to note the time that you catch the pokémon. Well, I'm confused because we only have one place to put a time and it doesn't say anything, just date and time. To be sure I took notes of everything and introduced both times, but it still couldn't find the seed I hit. Can anybody help me with this step? Please, I'm just stuck here and I'd like to move on
Old November 8th, 2011 (03:33 PM).
God's beloved child

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu
I finally connected with a friend and went to that person's Black City to invite people to my White Forest. I talked to everyone I could find. My White Forest now is full of trees, people, grass, and ponds. Yet, I can only find a few different Pokemon in the grass. How do I get the other species to show up?
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old November 8th, 2011 (04:01 PM).
Chespin, I choose you!

Quote originally posted by Jeikobu:
I finally connected with a friend and went to that person's Black City to invite people to my White Forest. I talked to everyone I could find. My White Forest now is full of trees, people, grass, and ponds. Yet, I can only find a few different Pokemon in the grass. How do I get the other species to show up?
Well, that's strange because I have brought people to my white forest and it has lots of grass, more people there... And I can find each NPC's pokémon.

Maybe you're just not lucky with the odds?
Talk to the people, maybe that will help.
Old November 8th, 2011 (04:05 PM).
CoquettishCat
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by masaru3:
Is it possible to RNG with a DSi? If so, how?
I mean, I can't even get started.
The guide on smogon (On the calibration part) says that you have to note the time when you soft reset, but it also says that you have to note the time that you catch the pokémon. Well, I'm confused because we only have one place to put a time and it doesn't say anything, just date and time. To be sure I took notes of everything and introduced both times, but it still couldn't find the seed I hit. Can anybody help me with this step? Please, I'm just stuck here and I'd like to move on :P
If I remember my bf RNGing with his DSi correctly, he never had to measure the time he caught a Pokemon, only the time he pressed the "Pokemon Black" on the DS menu (to get your seed I recommend using the menu so you can see down to the second what time it is in your DS). Are you measuring the time on another device? Because if that device isn't synchronized down to the second with your DS, then your seed won't be right. That's why you shouldn't soft reset imo.

Each person has specific Pokemon they can make show up. The only way to get more Pokemon is to get more people, as in find more people with Black and visit their Cities as well.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old November 8th, 2011 (06:57 PM).
Banned

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by justinrpg:
you guys told me that if my Pokémon is jumping in the picture that means I won in the musical... but what about if two Pokémon are jumping the picture, mine and someone else's? what does that mean?

this question still needs an answer.....
Old November 9th, 2011 (03:32 PM).
God's beloved child

Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu
Quote originally posted by Toujours:
Each person has specific Pokemon they can make show up. The only way to get more Pokemon is to get more people, as in find more people with Black and visit their Cities as well.
I was afraid of that. So I habve to meet more people in real life with the Black version? Does that mean that even if I sync up with my one friend again and make sure I have all of my friend's Black City people visit my White Forest, I still won't be able to make any new Pokemon show up unless I sync with more people IRL?
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old November 10th, 2011 (03:53 PM).
Woah

does ditto also copys oppents stats when it uses transform cause it stats are BAD
Old November 10th, 2011 (04:33 PM).
I just want to go home.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by zombie101:
does ditto also copys oppents stats when it uses transform cause it stats are BAD
I think it does cos when I was using my Gothitelle to catch one, it inherited her stats when Ditto transformed.

battle server | tumblr | twitter | lovely pairs
adoption center mentor | fairy club | #teamtrivia

Old November 10th, 2011 (04:37 PM).
CoquettishCat
Crystal Tier

I was afraid of that. So I habve to meet more people in real life with the Black version? Does that mean that even if I sync up with my one friend again and make sure I have all of my friend's Black City people visit my White Forest, I still won't be able to make any new Pokemon show up unless I sync with more people IRL?
If you get more people with different names from one Black City then you'll get different Pokemon, but you can't get all of them just from one Black City.

"Transform changes the user's current type, current stats, current stat levels, current moves, current species, current cry, and current catch rate to that of the target's...Transform does not copy the target's status ailments, level, current or maximum HP". -Bulbapedia, so theres your answer.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old November 10th, 2011 (04:54 PM).
spacing out

Nature: Hasty
His stats are pretty bad yeah, but like Toujours said, it copies every stat and stat changes of the opponent, except for its HP. Ditto's base HP is 48 though, and if you max out the EV's in that it will be 300 which is pretty decent. And if you Choice Scarf him he would also be able to outspeed his opponent.
(smogon art thread)
Old November 11th, 2011 (05:13 PM).

I wasn't sure where to ask this question, so hopefully this is the right place. :p

What is the exact definition of a Flawless pokemon? Is it ALWAYS 31 in every IV, or is a pokemon that never uses it's attack stat (strict special sweeper for instance) still considered flawless with something like 31/25/31/31/31/31? And how does hidden power come into play, for instance if I have a Vulpix that's 31/31/31/31/31/30, the best spread for hidden power ice, is that still considered a "flawless HP ice vulpix" or something, or does that automatically make it a "near flawless"?

Sorry, I'm new and trying to learn all the terminology, figured I should ask for specifics somewhere.
Old November 11th, 2011 (09:13 PM).
Super Moderator
CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Stormbringer
Quote originally posted by Enviti:
I wasn't sure where to ask this question, so hopefully this is the right place. :p

What is the exact definition of a Flawless pokemon? Is it ALWAYS 31 in every IV, or is a pokemon that never uses it's attack stat (strict special sweeper for instance) still considered flawless with something like 31/25/31/31/31/31? And how does hidden power come into play, for instance if I have a Vulpix that's 31/31/31/31/31/30, the best spread for hidden power ice, is that still considered a "flawless HP ice vulpix" or something, or does that automatically make it a "near flawless"?

Sorry, I'm new and trying to learn all the terminology, figured I should ask for specifics somewhere.

Flawless means that all 6 stats have an IV of 31. In the case of that Hidden Power Vuplix, say the spread for HP ICE 70, 31/31/31/31/31/30, You'd call it a near-Flawless Pokemon, and make sure to mention somewhere that it has a spread for Hidden Power and isn't flawless, to avoid confusion.
Old November 12th, 2011 (10:29 AM).
Doctor of Pokemon Glitchology

can the magikarp purchased on Marvelous Bridge be shiny?
Old November 12th, 2011 (02:59 PM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote originally posted by Kami Rotasu:
can the magikarp purchased on Marvelous Bridge be shiny?
It's possible; the 1/8192 chance of being shiny still applies.

Old November 13th, 2011 (01:55 AM).
Chespin, I choose you!

On RNG reporter is has a few options for us to choose about our game. Well, I'm Portuguese, there isn't a Portuguese game, so does it count as an English game?
(the other languages are japanese, korean, german, french, italian and spanish).

I have been trying to calibrate the RNG reporter, I was able to find the seed I hit (a few times, because others it just didn't find a seed and I happened to get different results on the Timer0), but then when I put an IV spread, find a seed, change the ds settings and start the game... (c-gear off), I use sweet scent, catch the pokémon and then I check the IVs and they have nothing to do with what the RNG reporter said. I've actually tried a few times and I haven't had any luck yet. Can somebody help? =D Thanks in advance.
Old November 13th, 2011 (08:33 AM).
Phoenix Force

Nature: Gentle
Hey Guys!

I bought this game on the day is was released!
But never really got around to playing it til now.

I was told by a friend to save the game just before I pick my starting Pokemon so I can keep resetting until I get a good nature on my starting pokemon!

Well I decided I would like Oshawott or Snivy could do with some advice on who to pick and what nature to try and get on them!

Please can someone help!

Thanks a million!
Old November 13th, 2011 (11:41 PM).
Ledian Used Starlight!

Nature: Sassy
If your looking for an easier run through go with Osawott, Snivy is a bit more defensive, less offensive. Nature wise Samurott does well with an adamant nature. He has more variety in pysical moves. But he can use a modest nature for special atttack if you want.

But you don't have to worry about what nature you have for in-game purposes, any nature will get you though easily enough. So don't worry too much about what natures you have.
Old November 13th, 2011 (11:52 PM).
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
Hello! Can you suggest a good ingame moveset for this Pokemons:

Stoutland
Zebstrika
Swoobat
Conkeldurr
Ferrothorn.

I cannot seem to post a new thread in the ingame team help.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old November 14th, 2011 (12:22 AM).
let it go
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by miltankRancher:

Stoutland
Zebstrika
Swoobat
Conkeldurr
Ferrothorn.

While the new thread issue will be fixed soon within in-game (I hope?), generally you need to state what attacks you already have for people to improve upon them. We just can't create movesets out of thin-air if we don't have a basic idea of what you want :(

(That wouldn't belong within in-game unless you expanded upon that anyway :x).
Old November 14th, 2011 (12:53 AM).
함께가자 티아라
Crystal Tier

Nature: Impish
Can I get more Ragecandybars somewhere in the game?
I need them for Darmanitan.

crazed fan of lee qri • maker of gifs
twittertumblr
Old November 14th, 2011 (12:54 AM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote originally posted by miltankRancher:

Stoutland
Zebstrika
Swoobat
Conkeldurr
Ferrothorn.

Try these:

Stoutland:
-Return
-Crunch
-Fire Fang/Wild Charge
-Ice Fang/Wild Charge
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
Ability: Sand Rush

Zebstrika:
-Wild Charge
-Flame Charge
-Discharge/Thunderbolt
-Thrash/Return
Nature: Hasty/Naive

Swoobat (just so you know, Sigilyph can do this better thanks to its higher Special Attack):
-Psychic/Psyshock
-Air Slash
-Shadow Ball
-Fly (for travel purposes)
Ability: Unaware (Swoobat)/Magic Guard (Sigilyph)

Conkeldurr:
-Bulk Up
-Hammer Arm
-Stone Edge
-Payback
Ability: Guts
(you can probably work Strength in there somewhere, just not over Hammer Arm)

Ferrothorn:
-Curse
-Gyro Ball
-Power Whip
-Bulldoze
Nature: Sassy

Edit: @miakalina: you can get Ragecandybars from:
-the Team Rocket guy's wife in Iccirrus during winter
-Prof. Juniper when you go to the Relic Castle after obtaining the National Dex
-one of the prizes in the Royal Unova

Old November 14th, 2011 (07:43 AM). Edited November 14th, 2011 by Yoshikko.
spacing out

Quote originally posted by justinrpg:
this question still needs an answer.....
There are two factors by which you can judge if you have won or not. One of them is which Pokémon is jumping in the picture, the other one is where the old guy gives you feedback. If there are two Pokémon jumping in the picture, and if you are the last one to get feedback, then you can be sure you've won. Just combine these to factors to determine the result.

Quote originally posted by miakalina:
Can I get more Ragecandybars somewhere in the game?
I need them for Darmanitan.
The only places where you can get Ragecandybars in Pokémon B/W are the Desert Resort (From Professor Juniper), Icirrus City (Winter) and the Castelia City Royal Unova Gift. Quoted from Serebii, the Royal Unova Gift is this:
Quote:
The Royal Unova is a boat found at the dock by the Pokémon Centre in Castelia City. Until you beat the game, you cannot access this boat. However, once you have received the National Pokédex, you will be able to access it. The Royal Unova sets sail once a day, with it's sailing time varying between season.
Spring: 17:00-19:59
Summer: 19:00-20:59
Autumn: 17:00-19:59
Winter: 16:00-18:59
It costs you 1,000 PokéDollars to get on. However, there is a catch. There is a time limit to being on the boat. Once that time limit is passed, the boat redocks at Castelia City and you get given an item based on the trainers you defeated.
One of these items being the ragecandybar, I assume.
(smogon art thread)
Old November 14th, 2011 (01:01 PM).
God's beloved child

Daylight savings time recently effected the time where I live, and so I want to change my game clock to fix that. My only question is, will this mess with my White game? I can't really think of examples, but I seem to recall hearing things in the past about changing the clock effecting the Black and White games. This will be important for me to know in the future, too, since when I someday move to Japan, I'll have to change the game's clock drastically.

Old November 14th, 2011 (01:04 PM).
CoquettishCat
Crystal Tier

If you mess with it enough, the most it will do is lock you out of daily events for 24 hours. I'm not sure how much 'enough' is, but that's the only effect it will have on your game so don't worry too much about changing the clock.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old November 15th, 2011 (05:14 PM).
God's beloved child

Well, I think I'm seeing the effects of changing my game's clock for DST already. I used the Global Link yesterday over an hour ago from this time, then today I tried to go on after changing my DS's clock for DST and now my game is complaining I can't "tuck" a Pokemon in to use the Dream World since I supposedly already did it once today, even though I haven't since yesterday, well over 25 hours ago from now. So unless there's a way someone knows to get around it, I'm jipped out of going to the Dream World until tomorrow.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links