Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page B W Quick Questions

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread

Old December 3rd, 2011 (04:45 AM).
My life would suck without you
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote originally posted by Hikari10:
I don't think you put it in correctly, check your URL.

Is that a better one?
Old December 3rd, 2011 (05:28 AM).
Banned

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by Forever:

Did you go to the forest area? It should be there, or maybe you thought you clicked you sent it to the Entralink but you didn't? That's literally the only reason I can think of, but I know you need to walk through to the forest area within the Entralink (straight ahead from when you enter) to be able to battle the Pokemon and capture it. But yeah other than that I have no idea.
no, it isn't there!!! and on the website, it says "sent to Entralink" so it is sent, but it still isn't there!!!
Old December 3rd, 2011 (05:36 AM).
My life would suck without you
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote originally posted by justinrpg:
no, it isn't there!!! and on the website, it says "sent to Entralink" so it is sent, but it still isn't there!!!
Did you remember to wake your Pokemon up on your game?
Old December 3rd, 2011 (01:38 PM).
Banned

Quote originally posted by vaporeon7:
Did you remember to wake your Pokemon up on your game?

ok... that did it!!!

got another question now...

how do I visit someone in the Dream World?
Old December 3rd, 2011 (01:43 PM).
spacing out

Nature: Hasty
If you are in the Dream World, you can go to your Dream Pal Map and it will have a random person's house on it. If you go to that person and go to their map, their own pals will show up and you can explore even further.
(smogon art thread)
Old December 3rd, 2011 (01:48 PM).
Banned

Quote originally posted by Yoshikkko:
If you are in the Dream World, you can go to your Dream Pal Map and it will have a random person's house on it. If you go to that person and go to their map, their own pals will show up and you can explore even further.

where is the dream pal map?
Old December 3rd, 2011 (02:06 PM).
spacing out

Spoiler:

Here's a (big) screenshot. If you're outside of your house, you'll see the option "check dream pals" in the top left corner and when you click it you will get the above screen.
(smogon art thread)
Old December 3rd, 2011 (03:19 PM).
Banned

Quote originally posted by Yoshikkko:
Spoiler:

Here's a (big) screenshot. If you're outside of your house, you'll see the option "check dream pals" in the top left corner and when you click it you will get the above screen.

I don't have that option or screen anywhere!!!! in fact I cannot leave my house unless I use that rainbow bridge... and that takes me to a different game location!!!! what am I doing wrong???
Old December 3rd, 2011 (05:44 PM).
I like trains.

Nature: Naive
We all know if you get a good score on a minigame, a pokemon gets a special move. But are those moves breedable. Please help

Friend Codes:
White 2: 2538 1585 2551

The unofficial Train Master of the Pokecommunity
Old December 3rd, 2011 (07:36 PM).
I'M AN ANGRY SCIENTIST!!
Super Moderator

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill
That really depends on the move and Pokemon, really (as the only moves that can are level-up ones if both parents know them, TMs/HMs or ones listed in the egg moves for that Pokemon that you can check easily/quickly via google/any major Pokemon site like serebii/veekun/bulba). But in most cases I think it's likely that the special moves (not stuff they can get anyways) usually would not be breedable.
Old December 4th, 2011 (12:40 PM).
Lorem Ipsum

So, as many of you probably know, there've been cloning glitches in both immediate ancestral generation of games. Earlier I was using the Battle Subway, and went to my PC to withdraw the Pokemon I wanted. I went to do the challenge, then went back to the PC afterwards. The game had completely reordered my PC. Originally: I had boxes 1-3 filled with random Pokemon. Box 11 was full of bred Pokemon. Box 12 was full of legendaries. Box 12 was full of EV-trained Pokemon.

When the game reordered it, boxes 1-3 remained the same. Box 5 was filled with my breeding Pokemon. Box 6 was filled with my legendaries. Box 7 was filled with my EV-trained Pokemon. All the boxes that had been moved retained the name I gave them. The original boxes retained their names too. In other words, both Box 11 and Box 5 were named "Breeding" but only 5 had Pokemon in it while 11 was now empty.

If you haven't noticed, I haven't mentioned box 4. After the game reordered my PC, I found that my Dragonite (Imported from Diamond) had been cloned and was in box 4.. Before then, I only had two Dragonite. One with Inner Focus and one with Multiscale. The one with Inner Focus had been cloned..

I'm sorry I can't provide any pictures or proof because I was not expecting for this to happen. I kinda just shrugged it off and released the clone. Has this happened to anyone else?
Old December 4th, 2011 (02:18 PM).
Go make some new disaster
Gold Tier

That sounds cool.

Did you save with an attendant at the Battle Subway? In Gen III, the cloning glitch only worked with an attendant at the Battle Tower.
Old December 4th, 2011 (05:31 PM).
Missingno. hunter

Nature: Naughty
Cloning glitches tend to pop up in every generation and it was only a matter of time before the one for Black and White got found. Anyways, this does sound pretty interesting.

Credit goes to Team Brushfire for the awesome banner!
Old December 4th, 2011 (06:16 PM).
let it go
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by XEL:
So, as many of you probably know, there've been cloning glitches in both immediate ancestral generation of games. Earlier I was using the Battle Subway, and went to my PC to withdraw the Pokemon I wanted. I went to do the challenge, then went back to the PC afterwards. The game had completely reordered my PC. Originally: I had boxes 1-3 filled with random Pokemon. Box 11 was full of bred Pokemon. Box 12 was full of legendaries. Box 12 was full of EV-trained Pokemon.

When the game reordered it, boxes 1-3 remained the same. Box 5 was filled with my breeding Pokemon. Box 6 was filled with my legendaries. Box 7 was filled with my EV-trained Pokemon. All the boxes that had been moved retained the name I gave them. The original boxes retained their names too. In other words, both Box 11 and Box 5 were named "Breeding" but only 5 had Pokemon in it while 11 was now empty.

If you haven't noticed, I haven't mentioned box 4. After the game reordered my PC, I found that my Dragonite (Imported from Diamond) had been cloned and was in box 4.. Before then, I only had two Dragonite. One with Inner Focus and one with Multiscale. The one with Inner Focus had been cloned..

I'm sorry I can't provide any pictures or proof because I was not expecting for this to happen. I kinda just shrugged it off and released the clone. Has this happened to anyone else?
Merged to Quick Questions because while nobody has mentioned this glitch before, you're not exactly supplying any proof either, which would be useful in this case :(

Either way, I'll leave it here in case anybody knows the definite answer and if you do get a photo for next time, just PM me and we can work out how it can turn into an actual discussion thread!
Old December 4th, 2011 (06:46 PM).

When I go on the mystery gift and I click receive from wi-fi it searches for a gift for about 5 minutes then says no gift could be found. Does it matter that I already got the first Victini when the game came out?
Old December 4th, 2011 (06:56 PM).
Lorem Ipsum

Are you checking under the right spot? Have you tried Nintendo WFC?
Old December 4th, 2011 (06:58 PM).
Natural.....

Well i just received my Virtuoso victini gift and it works.
Old December 4th, 2011 (07:00 PM).

nope but i might as well
Old December 5th, 2011 (11:51 AM).

which abbilityis better for stoutland in normal-SP? scrappy or intimidate. scrappy allows him to STAB on ghosts, while intimidate makes opponets hit less. intimidate works once and only with psycical, but there arent many ghosts. and he has crunch anyway.
Old December 5th, 2011 (11:55 AM). Edited December 5th, 2011 by Yoshikko.
spacing out

Quote originally posted by grumphie:
which abbilityis better for stoutland in normal-SP? scrappy or intimidate. scrappy allows him to STAB on ghosts, while intimidate makes opponets hit less. intimidate works once and only with psycical, but there arent many ghosts. and he has crunch anyway.
Probably intimidate would be better, since like you say, it's not like you're going to encounter that many ghost types and if you have crunch it wouldn't matter at all. They're both not really good though in-game but meh.
(smogon art thread)
Old December 5th, 2011 (01:50 PM).
Lorem Ipsum

Intimidate can work again if you switch him out and then back in. It kind "boosts" his own defense a little just by switching in. Since you have crunch, definitely go with intimidate.
Old December 7th, 2011 (12:52 PM).

well, im going with intimidate then. that means i need a vital spirit lilipup, rith?
Old December 8th, 2011 (12:31 AM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
well, im going with intimidate then. that means i need a vital spirit lilipup, rith?
You're right. When Lillipup with Vital Spirit evolves into Herdier, its ability changes to Intimidate. If Lillipup has Pickup, its ability changes to Sand Rush when it evolves.

On some random notes: Run Away/Scrappy Lillipup hasn't been released yet. Also, if you're battling competitively, you're better off with Sand Rush (since Hippowdon and Tyranitar can provide it).

Old December 8th, 2011 (01:22 AM).
spacing out

Quote originally posted by PlatinumDude:
You're right. When Lillipup with Vital Spirit evolves into Herdier, its ability changes to Intimidate. If Lillipup has Pickup, its ability changes to Sand Rush when it evolves.

On some random notes: Run Away/Scrappy Lillipup hasn't been released yet. Also, if you're battling competitively, you're better off with Sand Rush (since Hippowdon and Tyranitar can provide it).
Yeah but I think that if he were using it competitively that he'd have a Tyranitar/Hippowdon and that it would be obvious which ability to use so he wouldn't have asked. In-game, if you can't use Intimidate yet then obviously use Scrappy since you won't have a use for Sand Rush if you don't have a sand team.
(smogon art thread)
Old December 12th, 2011 (05:51 PM).

Nature: Naughty
I am having a problem trying to get my Game Sync ID to get into Dream World! I need help. It keeps saying there's an error and I need to check "Troubleshooting"..everything is fine though! Has anyone else been through the same situation and any advice?

Sponsored Links