The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, hens return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 13th, 2011, 11:25 PM
Jeikobu
God's beloved child

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu
My White game's story is complete but what if I want to visit a friend's Black City and he's still early in the story? When is the soonest I can visit his Black City via the Hi-Link ("Entralink") so I can get more Pokemon in my White Forest?
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old December 14th, 2011, 12:06 AM
Toujours
Howling Poros

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeikobu View Post
My White game's story is complete but what if I want to visit a friend's Black City and he's still early in the story? When is the soonest I can visit his Black City via the Hi-Link ("Entralink") so I can get more Pokemon in my White Forest?
He has to be within the "hexagon", or at Nimbasa. He doesn't have to have visited his Black City at all, he just has to have access to that hexagon because otherwise you can't visit at all.
Old December 14th, 2011, 10:00 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
Do people that do Battle Tower and Online Battle actually EV Train all of thier pokemon legit, or do they cheat somehow?

I can ev train a poke in a couple of hours, but breeding IV takes forever.
Old December 14th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Toujours
Howling Poros

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowpointQuincy View Post
Do people that do Battle Tower and Online Battle actually EV Train all of thier pokemon legit, or do they cheat somehow?

I can ev train a poke in a couple of hours, but breeding IV takes forever.
Generally people that get flawless Pokemon RNG for them because it's much faster. It's complicated to get into initially, but once you understand everything it's really fast and easy to get whatever Pokemon you want. The FAQ on the top of this forum has a guide to it if you're interested.

And it's not considered cheating in any way, just abusing the random number generator inside your game.
Old December 15th, 2011, 02:58 AM
Aaron40

Hey,
does anyone know when they are going to do events for the new legendary pokemon and which event they will do first?
Old December 15th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Blade_of_darkness
I'll have your blood!

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to Blade_of_darkness
I've got a good one.

Is it possible for a Pokémon with its special move, that can only be gained through the DW, to pass down that move through to the same species?

I'm not sure if this is already asked, but I've got no time to skim through 145+ pages to find it.

Vae Victus!!
Little sis: Autumn Reverie (since she HAD to get her name changed...!)
Old December 15th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Jak
greatest of heroes

Nature: Timid
If the EVs on my Swampert are maxed out, I can go level him up like normal now right?

Fouetté | Rygarde | Déesse | Parfum | Pamplemousse
pairs | super mod of challenges | avatar by kaori

alli: i don't feel like being the big bad bottle of orange juice today
Necrum: Is that a reference to your Smod color? lol
alli: yes
Old December 15th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Dave666
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
If the EVs on my Swampert are maxed out, I can go level him up like normal now right?
Yep, you can start leveling him up normally once his EVs are maxed out, because it won't gain more EVs

and my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor shall be lifted nevermore
Old December 15th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Hikamaru
τόσο χαριτωμένα

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade_of_darkness View Post
I've got a good one.

Is it possible for a Pokémon with its special move, that can only be gained through the DW, to pass down that move through to the same species?

I'm not sure if this is already asked, but I've got no time to skim through 145+ pages to find it.
Yes, DW abilities can be inherited but only from the female parent Pokemon.

DW abilities cannot be inherited from male Pokemon or Ditto.

pairs | showdown | tumblr | vm

Old December 15th, 2011, 01:26 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron40 View Post
Hey,
does anyone know when they are going to do events for the new legendary pokemon and which event they will do first?
Next year on February 1st, Arceus will be released on the Dream World (much to the dismay of many PC members) to non Japanese and Korean games. It is assumed that Keldeo will be released in an event next year with its movie around July.
Old December 15th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Blade_of_darkness
I'll have your blood!

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to Blade_of_darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
Yes, DW abilities can be inherited but only from the female parent Pokemon.

DW abilities cannot be inherited from male Pokemon or Ditto.
I specified whether the moves that a Pokémon could only get from the DW could be passed down to another one, not their abilities.

Guess everyone's attention span isn't up to snuff anymore...

Vae Victus!!
Little sis: Autumn Reverie (since she HAD to get her name changed...!)
Old December 15th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Aaron40

How can you tell if your EVs are maxed out without using a action replay
Old December 15th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Toujours
Howling Poros

Quote:
How can you tell if your pokemon Evs are maxed out without using a action replay
A lady in Opelucid in the house just north of the Pokemon Center will tell you that your Pokemon have put in a lot of effort if they're maxed, and that they could try harder if they're not.
Old December 18th, 2011, 08:42 AM
Chatot Lover
happy

Nature: Relaxed
Hey there,
I would like to try out the voice chat function on B/W. Is there anyone who's got time and be willing to help me out?

Old December 18th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Palladium
2012 FTW!

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade_of_darkness View Post
I specified whether the moves that a Pokémon could only get from the DW could be passed down to another one, not their abilities.

Guess everyone's attention span isn't up to snuff anymore...
Only, if that mon is the father an that move is also an Egg move
Other than that, no sorry
At least I don't think it's possible

"The past has gone, and the future's uncertain, but now is a gift, that's why it's called present"

Active Challenges:
~ Dex Rotation [Red]
Old December 19th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Crimson5M
Please call me Crimson

Nature: Quiet
Where do I get Pomeg berries?

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
Old December 19th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Ciax
Ledian Used Starlight!

I think the only way it to get them is from the dream world. It's really hard to get berries in B/W
Old December 19th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Crimson5M
Please call me Crimson

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciax View Post
I think the only way it to get them is from the dream world. It's really hard to get berries in B/W
Any specific areas? I need, like, 16 lol.

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
Old December 19th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Yoshikkko
underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireworks View Post
Any specific areas? I need, like, 16 lol.
I don't think that it depends on the area, you can find all the berries in each area, the only thing that you should take in consideration is the amount of points you have, because it takes a certain amount to unlock a certain kind of berry.
Old December 19th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshikkko View Post
I don't think that it depends on the area, you can find all the berries in each area, the only thing that you should take in consideration is the amount of points you have, because it takes a certain amount to unlock a certain kind of berry.
Actually, you can't find every berry in every area. :x The points matter, yeah, but berries are sorta exclusive to a certain area. The area you'll need to get Pomeg berries is http://serebii.net/blackwhite/windsweptsky.shtml right there!

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old December 19th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Aaron40

Hey, is there a place where you can battle trainers to get money a part from the pokemon league because I want to take some pokemon out of the daycare centre but i'm out of money
Old December 19th, 2011, 11:19 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Hey, is there a place where you can battle trainers to get money a part from the pokemon league because I want to take some pokemon out of the daycare centre but i'm out of money
You can battle in the Nimbasa City stadiums. The levels of the opposing Pokemon there depend on where you are in the story. However, you can only battle the trainers in them once a day.

Old December 19th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Xeberos
Friendship is Magic <3

Nature: Brave
Yes. Nimbasa City's Big Stadium and Small Court. You get lots of money there. You get most money from athletes. And if you have Amulet Coin you get double money. It's fast way to get money and exp.
Co-Owner of The Cute Pokemon Club
Old December 19th, 2011, 11:25 PM
Hikamaru
τόσο χαριτωμένα

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Yeah, Platinum recommends the stadiums in Nimbasa, also you can battle a Trainer at the Ferris Wheel that changes depending on the season and your character's gender.

There's also two Ace Trainers in Opelucid City who you battle in a Rotation Battle (Black) or Triple Battle (White), one of the Ace Trainers uses Simisear, Simisage and Simipour while the other uses Mienfoo, Pawniard and Elgyem.

And on Marvelous Bridge, if you have tough Pokemon, Ace Trainer Glinda can also battle you in a Triple Battle (Black) or Rotation Battle (White).

There are also some Trainers in Black City/White Forest but if you're playing Black, Black City's Trainers can be battled every day.

And after beating the Elite Four and Team Plasma you can battle Cheren at Victory Road.

Also, after beating the Elite Four a second time as well as Champion Alder, you can battle Bianca in Nuvema Town on weekends.

Use a Pokemon holding an Amulet Coin or Luck Incense to double your rate of money earned.

pairs | showdown | tumblr | vm

Old December 26th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Lizabeth83
Beginning Trainer

I realize this might not be the best place to ask this, but it seems like these forum mods like to censor threads. Either way, it is a quick question!

Is there any benefit to buying a new pokemon game (from Emerald-Black/White), or are used games just as good? The main reason I ask is that more and more games have online content that is only unlocked to the first person that registers online/etc, and I wanted to make sure that wasn't the case here.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links