The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 26th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizabeth83 View Post
I realize this might not be the best place to ask this, but it seems like these forum mods like to censor threads. Either way, it is a quick question!

Is there any benefit to buying a new pokemon game (from Emerald-Black/White), or are used games just as good? The main reason I ask is that more and more games have online content that is only unlocked to the first person that registers online/etc, and I wanted to make sure that wasn't the case here.
There's nothing like that with B/W. Feel free to buy used.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old December 26th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Cresselia*
Ace trainer

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizabeth83 View Post
I realize this might not be the best place to ask this, but it seems like these forum mods like to censor threads. Either way, it is a quick question!

Is there any benefit to buying a new pokemon game (from Emerald-Black/White), or are used games just as good? The main reason I ask is that more and more games have online content that is only unlocked to the first person that registers online/etc, and I wanted to make sure that wasn't the case here.
I suppose not, but I always buy my games new, or download them(shame on me). I've never bought an used one, because you have a great chance the user has hacked it with some creepypasta-like content. So I think the best is to buy! ;D

• Pokémon Emerald
• Pokémon FRLG
• Pokémon DPPt
• Pokémon HGSS
• Pokémon Black
Old December 26th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Lizabeth83
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresselia* View Post
I suppose not, but I always buy my games new, or download them(shame on me). I've never bought an used one, because you have a great chance the user has hacked it with some creepypasta-like content. So I think the best is to buy! ;D

If they hack it, and have a corrupted save file, won't everything be erased and reset when you create a new game?
Old December 26th, 2011, 01:48 PM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

How do i save a move from being forgotten when my pokemon is in the day care?
Old December 26th, 2011, 02:04 PM
shenanigans
in rainbows

You can't, unfortunately. Unless it's an HM iirc.
Old December 27th, 2011, 12:53 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuturePokemon View Post
How do i save a move from being forgotten when my pokemon is in the day care?
Take it out before it learns the move, exp it yourself and make it forget that another move :D
Anyways Day Care replaces the top most move so you can manipulate it like that...

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old December 27th, 2011, 11:28 AM
matoucs
Trainer

Nature: Hasty
Hi guys, haven't played since june so i wanted to know if DW Torchic is finally "legally"obtainable or are people still trading hacked ones ?
Old December 27th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by matoucs View Post
Hi guys, haven't played since june so i wanted to know if DW Torchic is finally "legally"obtainable or are people still trading hacked ones ?
There was a Japanese event from Nov. 2010 to Aug. 2011 that let you get DW Hoenn starters. So yeah, but that's the only way.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old December 27th, 2011, 11:44 AM
matoucs
Trainer

Thanks Maybe i should resume my DW torchic hunt then lol
Old December 27th, 2011, 11:49 AM
kutnkill
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by matoucs View Post
Thanks Maybe i should resume my DW torchic hunt then lol
Yeah but you gotta be careful. ~A lot of them are hacked.
Old December 30th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Dark_Sky
Beginning Trainer

Defeatist (ability) - Why does Archen have this ability? It drastically weakens him.

What makes Archen a good choice despite this ability or is it just a very weak pokemon? i.e. does he get stronger stats, or better abilities?
Old December 30th, 2011, 08:16 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Sky View Post
Defeatist (ability) - Why does Archen have this ability? It drastically weakens him.

What makes Archen a good choice despite this ability or is it just a very weak pokemon? i.e. does he get stronger stats, or better abilities?
Archen and Archeops have excellent (Special) Attack and Speed stats, as well as a pretty good offensive move pool. They were most likely given that ability because GameFreak didn't want them to rip everything in sight to shreds. Also, Defeatist is the sole ability of Archen and Archeops.

Old December 30th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Dark_Sky
Beginning Trainer

why would i choose Klutz for a pokemon?

whats the benefit of stopping the effects of items on my pokemon

-----

Question 2:

Is there a place where people post their IDs? so we can all trade with each other? I wouldn't mind adding a community of people rather then my 3 friends i know in real life with this game.

Last edited by Dark_Sky; December 30th, 2011 at 10:42 AM.
Old December 30th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Cassino

Quote:
why would i choose Klutz for a pokemon?

whats the benefit of stopping the effects of items on my pokemon
The move Entrainment, which the Buneary line learns along with having Klutz as one of their potential abilities, gives the enemy the user's ability; that is, the foe could be given Klutz and be unable to use their own item.

Also, say you wanted to pass an enemy a negatively-affecting item (ex. sticky barb) without it activating on yourself.
This can also work defensively, say if the enemy used Trick or one of various thieving moves; I don't think anything with Klutz can learn Trick itself though.

Those are the only positive uses for Klutz I can think of. Note that abilities are not meant to be solely positive, for instance Klutz on a Golett is just pointless.

Last edited by Cassino; December 30th, 2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old January 1st, 2012, 09:41 AM
kingofbluesteel
Pirate

Nature: Quirky
does the 3ds make pokemon black or white graphics better and pop out in 3d
Old January 1st, 2012, 09:48 AM
Keyaki

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Keyaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofbluesteel View Post
does the 3ds make pokemon black or white graphics better and pop out in 3d
Lol, no.

That only works with 3DS version games.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 1st, 2012, 10:01 AM
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Quote:
[LEFT]Question 2:

Is there a place where people post their IDs? so we can all trade with each other? I wouldn't mind adding a community of people rather then my 3 friends i know in real life with this game.
There's a quick trade thread in the Trade Corner, and you can also just browse the trade threads there and post offers for any Pokemon.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old January 1st, 2012, 04:34 PM
Rydog179
Beginning Trainer

Hi guys I've just joined and I am currently playing Pokemon Black Edition.

I am breeding Sneasel and was wondering if and how it's possible for a sneasel to get the ability pickpocket?

I know about dreamworld breeding and pickpocket having a 60% chance of appearing on the new pokemon if the mother has the dreamworld ability, and that the pokemon will be its mother. Also the fact that if the father has a dreamworld ability and the mother doesnt, it doesnt work at all (same goes for trying to ditto it) and you can breed sneasel with any in it's egg group.

However, the only pokemon that can learn pickpocket (seedot and sneasel) can't be caught in the dreamworld so i don't know what to do. Is it only achievable by hacking?

Any suggestions?
Thanks guys!
Old January 1st, 2012, 04:49 PM
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydog179 View Post
Hi guys I've just joined and I am currently playing Pokemon Black Edition.

I am breeding Sneasel and was wondering if and how it's possible for a sneasel to get the ability pickpocket?

I know about dreamworld breeding and pickpocket having a 60% chance of appearing on the new pokemon if the mother has the dreamworld ability, and that the pokemon will be its mother. Also the fact that if the father has a dreamworld ability and the mother doesnt, it doesnt work at all (same goes for trying to ditto it) and you can breed sneasel with any in it's egg group.

However, the only pokemon that can learn pickpocket (seedot and sneasel) can't be caught in the dreamworld so i don't know what to do. Is it only achievable by hacking?

Any suggestions?
Thanks guys!
Welcome to PC! Good job on putting your question in the right place by the way :)

Unfortunately, if Sneasel can't be caught in the Dream World and there haven't been any events for it (which I'm pretty sure there hasn't been), then there's no way to get PickPocket. It can only be bred from a female Sneasel as well. But they release new Pokemon pretty often on the Dream World soo just keep an eye out.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old January 3rd, 2012, 09:16 AM
Rydog179
Beginning Trainer

If so how
I've tried using the smeargle sketch thing but i can never find the right pokemon
Old January 3rd, 2012, 09:21 AM
gvgisdi
Officially addicted to Crystal

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
If so how
I've tried using the smeargle sketch thing but i can never find the right pokemon
It can learn Ice Punch and Pursuit via breeding, though Ice Punch requires some chain breeding.
Old January 3rd, 2012, 03:26 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
If so how
Smeargle can be caught on route 5 in a swarm. I suggest catching a Jynx in the Giant Chasm cave, using a Heart Scale, to get Ice Punch. And then go catch a Venipede in Pinwheel Forest, that will know Pursuit. Then by wild double battles, Sketch both the moves to a male Smeargle and then get a female Sneasel (caught at the same place as Jynx) and breed them.
Old January 3rd, 2012, 04:51 PM
Jeikobu
God's beloved child

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu
Ok, I have a possibly complex question. I have a Kuruyamu ("Swadloon" or something in America, I think) who's Special Attack stat (92) is lower than his Attack stat (137). I noticed the only two attacking moves it knows are Special Attack moves (Bug Noise (sorry if I didn't get the American name right) and Energy Ball). So, I am looking at my options for Attack moves instead in hopes of gaining more power. I'm considering Razor Leaf, but its base power is only 55, compared to Energy Ball's 80. Still, I thought maybe the stat difference would make up the damage. The question is, how much? Given its stats, along with the move base powers, what's best to go with here?

EDIT: Ok, so I looked up the moves of its final stage, Hahakomori. Looks like it'd be good to replace my current moves with Leaf Blade and X Scissor. Still, it wouldn't hurt to know how to understand a situation like this for the future if it should arise with a different Pokemon.
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/

Last edited by Jeikobu; January 3rd, 2012 at 06:23 PM.
Old January 4th, 2012, 05:38 PM
shakenbake
Beginning Trainer

Prepare for a newb question, and I'm sorry if this is the wrong section...

I currently have white version, and two DS's. I've been thinking about getting heartgold/silver version, but I want to play through with a team from my white version (chimchar, piplup, bulbasaur, scizor, bagon, meditite). Is there anyway I can do this?

Thanks ahead of time for helping this dummy out lol!
Old January 4th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Keyaki

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Keyaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakenbake View Post
Prepare for a newb question, and I'm sorry if this is the wrong section...

I currently have white version, and two DS's. I've been thinking about getting heartgold/silver version, but I want to play through with a team from my white version (chimchar, piplup, bulbasaur, scizor, bagon, meditite). Is there anyway I can do this?

Thanks ahead of time for helping this dummy out lol!
Uh...No you can't.

It's impossible to trade across generations after Gen I and II.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links