The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 17th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skegs View Post
Can someone help me make a team? PM/VM me if your interested.
Best place for that is within in-game team help, most preferably the help sticky up the top. This section is only really for technical questions about the games, rather than team building. If you wanted you could post the team you have right now, or the team you have in mind within that section and get that rated, or post in the sticky once you have a few Pokemon and are unsure about them/what you think would go best with them. :3
Old March 18th, 2012, 04:09 AM
Buglos
Beginning Trainer

A noob question: does damage from statuses such as burn and poison benefit from STAB and/or type weakness?
Old March 18th, 2012, 04:13 AM
phonastik
Strange Quark

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buglos View Post
A noob question: does damage from statuses such as burn and poison benefit from STAB and/or type weakness?
If you mean would a grass type take double damage from burn/poison, then no. All Pokemon take 1/8 of their max hit points each turn if they are burned or poisoned.

Forever alone since '99.
Old March 18th, 2012, 04:17 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buglos View Post
They raise the stat of Pokemon with Guts by 50% (aka like Heracross). So overall, STAB attacks, as well as everything else can be boosted depending on what the Pokemon is.

Facade is also stronger with a status ailment, too.
Old March 18th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Camulus
Trainer

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Camulus
How can I get the legendaries Meloetta,Genesect and Keldeo without cheats ?

Please Send me a PM when you adding me!
Old March 18th, 2012, 05:55 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camulus View Post
How can I get the legendaries Meloetta,Genesect and Keldeo without cheats ?
Unfortunately, you can't get all 3 without cheating right now. However, there's a Keldeo event that's coming up in a few weeks (or months).

Old March 20th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Drakes
Beginning Trainer

This is my first time playing through Black and White. I've played every generation of games but this is the first time for this one.
My starters go as.
Timburr 22
Herdier 23
Darumaka 23
Tranquill 22
Servine 28
Boldore 26

even though no one cares or anything my pokemon have all changed and leveled up some. I now have 4 badges.

Mod Note: Guys stop reporting it - in the "title" of this post, the guy says he wants advice for the team. So yes, it is technically a question.

Last edited by Forever; March 22nd, 2012 at 03:37 PM.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 01:43 PM
SS01
#PoC Collab

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SS01
Hey, I have heard that there is a way to manipulate the Pokemon currently swarming, by SRing. If this is true, could somebody tell me how to do it? Thanks!
Old March 22nd, 2012, 02:38 PM
Scorpiopt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
Unfortunately, you can't get all 3 without cheating right now. However, there's a Keldeo event that's coming up in a few weeks (or months).
Or you can use a hacked rom like me lol :D

Old March 22nd, 2012, 02:45 PM
Raichupacabra
Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySearcher01 View Post
Hey, I have heard that there is a way to manipulate the Pokemon currently swarming, by SRing. If this is true, could somebody tell me how to do it? Thanks!
It was never possible in any game, since the game starts a new swarm (that is set) whenever a new day begins.

Currently Playing: Pokemon X | 3DS Friend Code: 4313-1107-3365
(PM me with your Friend Code and tell me if you have added me)
Old March 22nd, 2012, 08:28 PM
ceremony
rah rah

Nature: Bold
Does a Pokemon only gain EVs when they're in battle? What would happen if I gave a Charmander an Exp Share but I didn't switch him into battle at all?

Black = 3310-4621-6704
Diamond = 1292-3359-4411
Old March 22nd, 2012, 09:01 PM
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceremony View Post
Does a Pokemon only gain EVs when they're in battle? What would happen if I gave a Charmander an Exp Share but I didn't switch him into battle at all?
A Pokemon with an exp. share will receive the same EVs as if it was in battle; the EVs are multiplied across Pokemon, not divided.

Idk if that made sense so here's an example haha. You have a Volcarona that's fighting and a Charmander with an Exp Share. You kill a Lillipup. Each one will get 1 Attack EV (Charmander will get 2 if it has Pokerus still).

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old March 24th, 2012, 05:16 PM
HatTrickster
Beginning Trainer

I accidentally evolved my petilil too early. and all it knows now is mega drain! Any suggestions for it?
Old March 24th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Drakes
Beginning Trainer

Another quick question. Who exactly is the pokemon making the weird thunderstorms? Is he legendary or just a wondering rare pokemon?
Old March 24th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrickster View Post
I accidentally evolved my petilil too early. and all it knows now is mega drain! Any suggestions for it?
Well you could go to the move relearner at Mistralton City & re-learn Leech Seed/Synthesis, but other than TMs/Level-Up, you can't really do anything else, since you can't learn Petilil's moves when it's stronger. :x You can always get another Petilil, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakes View Post
Another quick question. Who exactly is the pokemon making the weird thunderstorms? Is he legendary or just a wondering rare pokemon?
Thundurus. :) It's a legendary and if you catch it + get a Tornadus, you can get Landorus in the Abundant Shrine.
Old March 24th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Owlpasta
Beginning Trainer

Is there any reason that it'd take a really long time for my pokemon to wake up from the Dream World? I just got my Zekrom C-Gear skin and i've been waiting for it to wake up for over half an hour. I'm wondering if this is (at all) normal and what I should do if this takes much longer. It is in the "pokemon is waking up" screen and the game hasn't frozen but it's just been there forever. It warns not to turn the power off and I'm guessing that if I do I'll lose the pokemon or something (which i definitely don't want to do since this was a mystery gift pokemon).

Yeah, any responses would be greatly appreciated.
Old March 24th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Drakes
Beginning Trainer

another question. Why is the elite 4 so much harder in this game? Dark, Ghost, Fighting, and whatever the other is. I never prepared for this so almost none of mine are strong except for fighting (cause he's kinda weak). I need some help.
Old March 24th, 2012, 09:50 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
another question. Why is the elite 4 so much harder in this game? Dark, Ghost, Fighting, and whatever the other is. I never prepared for this so almost none of mine are strong except for fighting (cause he's kinda weak). I need some help.
The last type is Psychic (Caitlin).

All you need to do is train your Pokemon up to the levels of the Elite 4, and try to target the Elite 4's weaknesses by giving your Pokemon moves with good coverage.

All of Shauntal's and Caitlin's Pokemon are weak to Dark and Ghost (except for Caitlin's Metagross in the rematch). All of Grimsley's Pokemon are weak to Fighting (except for the rematch, when his Drapion is neutral to it), and all of Marshall's Pokemon are weak to Flying. Those are their basic weaknesses. Some of their Pokemon have other types other than their specialty, so you'll have to find out those weaknesses for yourself.

Old March 24th, 2012, 10:38 PM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
@Drakes Here are their weaknesses:

In Rematch: Froslass and Drifblim

All of Shauntal's Pokemon are weak to Ghost and Dark. Froslass, Chandelure and Drifblim also share a weakness to Rock.

In Rematch: Sharpedo and Drapion

All of Grimsley's Pokemon (other than Drapion) are weak to Fighting, use Ground attacks against Drapion. Bisharp is 4x weak to Fighting.

In Rematch: Bronzong and Metagross

All of Caitlin's Pokemon (other than Bronzong and Metagross) are weak to Dark and Ghost. Gothitelle, Reuniclus and Musharna are also weak to Bug. Use Fire attacks against Metagross and Bronzong (Bronzong has Levitate).

In Rematch: Breloom and Toxicroak

All of Marshal's Pokemon are weak to Flying and Psychic. Breloom has a 4x Flying weakness while Toxicroak has a 4x Psychic weakness.

And for Alder:

Keep in mind that half his team (Volcarona, Accelgor and Vanilluxe) are weak to Rock. Use Fighting attacks on Bouffalant, Ice on Druddigon and Fire on Escavalier. Volcarona will probably fall easily to Physical-based Rock attacks due to low Defense and a 4x Rock weakness, avoid letting it set up Quiver Dance.

Last edited by Hikamaru; March 25th, 2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old March 25th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Drakes
Beginning Trainer

The elite 4 is really really really pissing me off.

Will I get a chance to heal my pokemon before I face Alder? If i even get to after the elite 4?

Last edited by Drakes; March 25th, 2012 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 25th, 2012, 12:11 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:

Will I get a chance to heal my pokemon before I face Alder? If i even get to after the elite 4?
What level are your Pokémon? If they're underlevelled, you may need to train them to stand a chance at all. Lv60 is probably the bare minimum on the rematches, and even then it's hard.

There aren't any healing chances besides using items.
Old March 25th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:

Based on the way you're talking, it sounds like you're not on the rematches yet, just the storyline? The first time through, you get a heal after the Elite Four iirc. During the rematches, you don't.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old March 25th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:

No you don't (in the rematches).
Old March 25th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Drakes
Beginning Trainer

It's not the rematches. First time through, that's why im so unprepared. They go
Unfezant 46
Fraxure 45
Darmanitan 47
Bouffalant 43
Serperior 50
Durant 42

I have a Beartic at 42 and a Boldore at 40. That's about it and some others that are high 30s.

I won!!!!!! ahahahah yea baby!!!!

Last edited by Drakes; March 25th, 2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old March 26th, 2012, 02:20 AM
Artemicion
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lonely
i have a question about EV training

for example i want to train a pokemon to have 4HP / 252Atk / 252Spe
starting with a lvl1 jolly pokemon and killing Patrats (+1 atk EV yield)
does this mean i have to kill 252 Patrats (w/o Macho Brace or Power Bracer)?
126 with Macho Brace, or 50 with Power Bracer?

but lets say i give it 10 Proteins (thats 100 EV, right?) so i must kill 152/76/30 Patrats (no item/macho brace/power bracer) to reach the 252Atk?

and is there a way to check the EV's?

Platinum FC: 0003 8568 4922
Heartgold FC: 3525 7235 4391
Black FC: 1249 3888 2710
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links