Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 16th, 2012 (08:14 PM).
iamalonewolf
iamalonewolf

Hey guys i am searching a EV training guide
someone told me that there is one at black and white faq but I cant find it.
If someone could send me a pm with the link it would be awesome
thanks guys
see you later
Old April 16th, 2012 (09:38 PM).
Forever
let it go

Quote originally posted by iamalonewolf:
Hey guys i am searching a EV training guide
someone told me that there is one at black and white faq but I cant find it.
If someone could send me a pm with the link it would be awesome
thanks guys
see you later
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6524881&postcount=6

Link is right there. :3
Old April 18th, 2012 (11:42 AM).
Samael 63645
Breeder

Nature: Impish
I'm trying to breed a good Pichu. I have a female Pikachu with speed "cannot be better" and a male Emolga with defense "cannot be better". I have a power anklet on the Pikachu and a power belt on the Emolga, but every Pichu I get only has defense "cannot be better" and he doesn't mention their speed. Why is that?

Also, I am aware Sp Atk is more important than defense for a Pichu, I don't have that item yet.
Old April 18th, 2012 (07:52 PM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote originally posted by Samael 63645:
I'm trying to breed a good Pichu. I have a female Pikachu with speed "cannot be better" and a male Emolga with defense "cannot be better". I have a power anklet on the Pikachu and a power belt on the Emolga, but every Pichu I get only has defense "cannot be better" and he doesn't mention their speed. Why is that?

Also, I am aware Sp Atk is more important than defense for a Pichu, I don't have that item yet.
If both of your parents are holding 2 different Power items, then only 1 of those chosen IVs corresponding to the Power item will be passed down (chosen at random). You might as well have to take away the Power Belt away from Emolga and try to get enough BP for the Power Lens.

If you still don't get what I'm talking about, read this.

Old April 20th, 2012 (03:21 PM). Edited April 24th, 2012 by SnowpointQuincy.
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
I was thinking about getting an action replay. Can someone who owns an action replay that works with the 3DS give a link to find one.

When I looked for an Action Replay there were so many kinds, and some don't come with the cd, and some reviews say it slides out of their 3DS.

Does anybody use their Action Replay on 3DS?
Old April 27th, 2012 (09:00 AM).
beca
◔_____◔
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to beca
Hey guys =]

I'm trying to find a particular action replay code for my Pokemon Black (UK version), but I'm not having any luck. Would any of you happen to know the code to check a Pokemon's IVs and EVs? I've tried a few codes and none have worked so far. D: thank you!

HG Friend Code - 2838 0040 0210
Black Friend Code - 1120 0113 3618
X Friend Code - 0920 0825 2286

◔____◔
Old April 28th, 2012 (04:52 AM).
fjrocks366
Beginning Trainer

what's a good all around level to evolve my Munna it's at 12 right now
Old April 28th, 2012 (05:00 AM).
Hikamaru
and a day ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by fjrocks366:
Wait until you get Munna to Level 37 so it learns Psychic. This is because the TM for Psychic isn't available until the post-game.
Old April 28th, 2012 (05:12 AM).
Yoshikko
forfeited

Nature: Adamant
It depends on what attacks you want it to have, the only attack which would probably be viable to use in-game would be psychic, but there is a TM of that (TM29) which you get post-game. So check for the attacks you want it to have which don't have TMs for them, and then evolve it as soon as possible. You can check all the attacks here btw >> click.
Old April 28th, 2012 (06:33 AM).
AshKetchumFromPalletTown
Beginning Trainer

Hey guys,
First of all sorry if this question has already been asked, it probably has.

But yeah, I completed Pokemon White for the first time earlier, by complete I mean beat the Elite Four and 'N', I now have the National Dex so yeah my question it What is there to do after you have beaten the Elite 4? Is there anything else to do or what? I have noticed that I can now go in the last 1/4 of the region, but having trouble going there as trainers Pokemon are like all 60+ whereas my team isn't up to those standards...
So if someone could give me a list of things to do that would be great as Google didn't actually give many responses surprisingly.
Im also going to start Wi-Fi battling so im going to EV Train some Pokemon
Old April 28th, 2012 (06:50 AM).
★Midnight★

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by AshKetchumFromPalletTown:
Hey guys,
First of all sorry if this question has already been asked, it probably has.

But yeah, I completed Pokemon White for the first time earlier, by complete I mean beat the Elite Four and 'N', I now have the National Dex so yeah my question it What is there to do after you have beaten the Elite 4? Is there anything else to do or what? I have noticed that I can now go in the last 1/4 of the region, but having trouble going there as trainers Pokemon are like all 60+ whereas my team isn't up to those standards...
So if someone could give me a list of things to do that would be great as Google didn't actually give many responses surprisingly.
Im also going to start Wi-Fi battling so im going to EV Train some Pokemon
After you beat the Champion, then all you could do now is train, I guess. '
Have you gone to White Forest yet?
Old April 28th, 2012 (08:33 AM).
fjrocks366
Beginning Trainer

Venipede is it worth catching yes or no?
Old April 28th, 2012 (08:36 AM).
Forever
let it go

According to most people here, its final evo is, if that's anything to go by. :3
Old April 28th, 2012 (08:43 AM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Venipede is an okay Pokemon. I've trained one all the way up to Scolipede in Black, and here are my experiences:
-it starts out with weak attacks, but Screech and the poison chance from Poison Sting might make up for that.
-as it levels up, it gets better STAB moves before it evolves (Poison Tail at level 19, and Bug Bite at level 22, right before it evolves)
-when Venipede evolves into Whirlipede, its Defense increases significantly, but its Speed suffers. Its Attack does go up a tad, though. It doesn't get any noteworthy moves by level-up before it evolves into Scolipede at level 30 other than Iron Defense.
-when Whirlipede does evolve into Scolipede, its Attack goes up by a reasonable amount, and its Speed skyrockets, at the small price of both defenses going down. It also learns Megahorn, a powerful Bug attack, as a Heart Scale move. Unlike its fellow Bug/Poison Pokemon, Scolipede learns Earthquake and Rock Slide to counter Fire Pokemon (EQ is also used for Rocks and Steels); however, the EQ TM can only be obtained post-National Dex in the Relic Castle and the Rock Slide TM can be found in Mistralton Cave (EQ's slot can be filled in by Dig or Bulldoze).

Edit: Accelgor'd

Old April 28th, 2012 (09:11 AM).
fjrocks366
Beginning Trainer

I encountered a level 15 shiny Sewaddle was this a good catch. btw this will be only the second pokemon game I've ever owned
Old April 28th, 2012 (09:26 AM).
★Midnight★

Nature: Quiet
I encountered a level 15 shiny Sewaddle was this a good catch. btw this will be only the second pokemon game I've ever owned
People say its a good choice Pokemon! :3
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sewaddle_(Pok%C3%A9mon)#Stats
You can look at its Stats here.
Old April 28th, 2012 (10:37 AM).
Thundurus!
Beginning Trainer

I'm trying to put a pokemon to sleep in Dream world, but it says it has to wait a day to charge. The last time I used dream world was two weeks ago. Can someone help me?
Old April 28th, 2012 (12:46 PM).
riane

i got told the same thing and i haven't gotten on the dream world in 3months i think.
Old April 28th, 2012 (12:53 PM).
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Thundurus!:
I'm trying to put a pokemon to sleep in Dream world, but it says it has to wait a day to charge. The last time I used dream world was two weeks ago. Can someone help me?
Q&F is just for questions about the forums themselves. I've moved your post into the Quick Questions thread in BW so hopefully someone here can help you.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old April 28th, 2012 (05:42 PM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote originally posted by Thundurus!:
Have you changed the time on your DS recently, that's the normal cause. Try connecting to the GTS and then waiting a day, that normally works for me.
Old April 28th, 2012 (06:56 PM).
fjrocks366
Beginning Trainer

What is a good level to evolve my Pansear it's at 19 right now and I"m considering evolving it
Old April 28th, 2012 (07:21 PM).
Hikamaru
and a day ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
What is a good level to evolve my Pansear it's at 19 right now and I"m considering evolving it
I recommend Level 22 although you can wait til Level 43 for Crunch. Just keep in mind it will be a bit weak in the later levels.

Best you get to Level 22, cos it learns Flame Burst at that level. Learn Flame Burst, then evolve it and just give it TMs.
Old April 29th, 2012 (12:08 PM).
beca
◔_____◔
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to beca
Hey guys :3 another question here. Well, two.

1. I saw on serebii.net that there are still event Pokemon available in Europe (where I'm from), but for some reason, my DSi can't find any when I connect. The connection is definitely working, so I was wondering if anyone knew what's going on? It has been such a long time since I've collected an event Pokemon, so I've probably missed something along the line xD

2. I'm having massive issues trying to update my action replay's firmware. Every time I try to add the .bin file, it tells me that it's not a proper firmware file. I got it directly from the codejunkies site -- any idea what the problem is here? =/

Thank you in advance!

HG Friend Code - 2838 0040 0210
Black Friend Code - 1120 0113 3618
X Friend Code - 0920 0825 2286

◔____◔
Old April 29th, 2012 (12:23 PM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote originally posted by beca:
Hey guys :3 another question here. Well, two.

1. I saw on serebii.net that there are still event Pokemon available in Europe (where I'm from), but for some reason, my DSi can't find any when I connect. The connection is definitely working, so I was wondering if anyone knew what's going on? It has been such a long time since I've collected an event Pokemon, so I've probably missed something along the line xD
According to Bulbapedia, the Mewtwo and Victini events are no longer running so perhaps it is outdated. You can however get the events on the Global Link. Lucario, Arceus (which expires tomorrow) and Togekiss (in your birthday month).
The list of current events.
Old April 29th, 2012 (12:58 PM).
Ghiaccio
Ace Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Alright so sorry if this has been already asked but I needed to know this. If you are the Original Trainer of your pokemon, then you trade it, and on the second game, the pokemon you traded levels up some, and then after you trade it back to the original game, will the pokemon still listen to you at whatever level, or will it have the same problems as normal over-leveled traded pokemon? oh and if you traded an egg, will the hatcher be the OT or the breeder? Thanks

Sponsored Links