The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 21st, 2012, 12:26 PM
uchihajuggala
Beginning Trainer

None of my Pokemon know dark void or sky drop.
They are all SHINIES with no held items.
This is my Pokemon team:
Hydreigon
Dragon pulse
Body slam
Outage
Echoed voice

Swoobat
Psychic
Psyshock
Shadow ball
Fly

Gengar
Sucker punch
Dark pulse
Destiny bond
Venoshock

Glameow
Slash
Sucker punch
Hone claws
Crunch

Politoed
Hyper voice
Bubble beam
Ice beam
Earthquake
Old June 21st, 2012, 12:35 PM
Faxxy
Beginning Trainer

Helloez,

So my question is, what are the main differences between those two? I'm about to buy Nintendo DS. And which one would oy uprefer and why?

Thanks.
Old June 21st, 2012, 12:35 PM
Plasmette
Master of Mediocrity.

Is it a Wifi problem? Or does the lady say that you can't enter?

Did you get these off of Pokegen or Pokecheck? Are they hacked in any sort of way?
Old June 21st, 2012, 01:16 PM
pokekid445
Beginning Trainer

Are there any pokemon that can learn false swipe and mean look... or are those moves available in tm form to teach to pokemon...I mean thunderus was a pain in my ass because he kept fleeing from battle and im not sure if cobalion and his significant others do the same. Any info will be great and if anyone is willing to trade me any pokemon who has these moves that would be even better thanks.
Old June 21st, 2012, 01:33 PM
Xebelleon
Soon, Swablu. Soon. ;)

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulim View Post
Is there any way to make money other than fighting trainers? If not is there an infinite number of trainer later on?
Go fishing in Undella Bay. Shellder hold Pearl or Big Pearl which when sold go for 1400 for just a pearl which is at least better to double what can be gotten from a Pokemon with Sturdy ability. They also have rather weak attack stats.

Compoundeyes in lead position (fainted, from partner in Double grass = PC and Move Pokemon is good healing) can have a Pokemon with Frisk or Pickup free to Thief, Covet, or get item from other means such as capture or item swapping with the opponent.
@facebook: several farm games, "match 3+" puzzle games, Miscrits (Miscrits is a Pokemon-like game)
@x360: various Borderlands, some Halo, Crackdown, Battlefield bad Company 2, etc...
@wii u: not really playing it at moment
Old June 21st, 2012, 02:44 PM
Renegade1
#1 Noob!

Nature: Serious
Could be the Global link is still being upgraded? Some features might still be down (Unless I'm being stupid O.o)

Old June 21st, 2012, 02:47 PM
Scorpiopt

you need to give more details is it a lady or a connection error?

Old June 21st, 2012, 02:52 PM
uchihajuggala
Beginning Trainer

My connection is perfect.
It tells me there is a problem with my Pokemon.

And they are from pokegen

Last edited by uchihajuggala; June 21st, 2012 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 21st, 2012, 03:00 PM
Scorpiopt

it means some of your pokemon are not legal , use pokecheck to see whats making them illegal , ( use pokegen and save the pkm , make an account on the site and upload the pkm)

Old June 22nd, 2012, 02:37 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faxxy View Post
Helloez,

So my question is, what are the main differences between those two? I'm about to buy Nintendo DS. And which one would oy uprefer and why?

Thanks.
This is kinda covered by what the FAQ says right here and the actual "Black or White" thread - based on what others have chosen, so I've merged it here in case anybody has any specific reasoning why you should choose one or another. :) Ultimately though? It's up to you. If worst comes to worst, get both? :3;
Old June 22nd, 2012, 02:26 PM
RedJ
[*TRUMPETS INTENSIFY*]

Nature: Quiet
Is it possible to leave the Pokemon League after defeating the Elite Four, but before battling N? I know you have access to a PC, but the team I have planned for N's Castle needs a bit of leveling up, so I'd like to know if I'll need to get that done before or after the Elite Four.

Trade Review Thread | Pokemon Spreadsheet
Friend Safari: Ice- Delibird/Bergmite/Dewgong
Old June 22nd, 2012, 02:32 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by redjacketalchemist View Post
Is it possible to leave the Pokemon League after defeating the Elite Four, but before battling N? I know you have access to a PC, but the team I have planned for N's Castle needs a bit of leveling up, so I'd like to know if I'll need to get that done before or after the Elite Four.
I think so. But iirc the only way to leave is to purposely be beat in battle. You'll end up at the Pokemon Center at the start of the Elite 4.
Old June 22nd, 2012, 04:37 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by redjacketalchemist View Post
There's also a Team Plasma grunt somewhere in N's castle who will offer you to take you back to the Pokemon League center. He'll also be in that building to take you back to N's Castle.

Old June 22nd, 2012, 08:15 PM
Bofahad
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Brave
Hey..

I have a C-Gear since a long time i beated the game.. how do i costume it?
I think about passwords.. still how?

White 2:

Old June 23rd, 2012, 04:31 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokekid445 View Post
Are there any pokemon that can learn false swipe and mean look... or are those moves available in tm form to teach to pokemon...I mean thunderus was a pain in my ass because he kept fleeing from battle and im not sure if cobalion and his significant others do the same. Any info will be great and if anyone is willing to trade me any pokemon who has these moves that would be even better thanks.
Nope, Cobalion & Co. don't run from you. Thundurus/Tornadus are the only roamers in Black and White.

To answer your move question... Absol, Gallade, Smeargle, Pawniard and Bisharp can all have False Swipe & Mean Look. Mean Look has to be bred onto all of them and then False Swipe should be taught via Tm 54. Smeargle just needs to sketch them.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 08:02 PM
Terraflare
Beginning Trainer

Hi guys, i'm quite new at the pokemon online features, i won't waste your time making you read my long post, so i'll just get straight to the point.

1) if legit pokemon is traded to an unlegit copy of pokemon game, will the pokemon not be able to enter the online matchup forever?
2) if original copy of pokemon game is entered by a hacked pokemon due to a trade, will the whole save be branded as illegitimate or just the hacked specific pokemon that enters the original game be branded like that?

I have a case here, lemme explain it briefly:
I have a legit pokemon from a legit copy, but i intended to transfer it to an unlegit copy of the pokemon to eat EV-reduing berries. As we all know, these berries are super hard to get in GenV. So i decided to make them eat AR-ed berries. Now question is, how far will it affect my game and pokemon? Will my whole legit saved game be jeopardized by receiving this "berry-fed" pokemon back to my legit copy? Or will only the "berry-fed" pokemon be branded as illegit? Or will neither case happen, and i walk free from the illegitimation case check?

Thanks before, and any reply or input will be greatly appreciated
Old June 24th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
1) Um, maybe, I don't really know what you mean by "unlegit Pokemon game" because if its not an official Pokemon game I don't think it would be able to use Online matchup.
2) No, just the Pokemon is the only thing that's hacked. Your game is fine.

Do you mean an unlegit game = a game that was modified by codes? If it's just simple codes like All Berries, All Medicines, All Pokeballs, etc, it doesn't make your game or the Pokemon unlegit, because you'd just be feeding it berries, using the Pokeballs, etc, you won't actually be modifying parts of your game (making Events happen when you don't have the requirement) or going to places you shouldn't (walk through walls code specifically). So the berries aren't unlegit, the Pokemon isn't, the game isn't. You shouldn't have to trade the Pokemon, feed berries, then trade it back to your "legit" game.

The only time a Pokemon isn't legit is when you force the game to generate something that wouldn't occur naturally: forcing a Pokemon to be shiny, forcing a Pokemon to appear where it isn't normally found, changing the gender, editing the level, moves that it shouldn't learn normally, etc.

I hope I explained this well enough!
Old June 24th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Terraflare
Beginning Trainer

All too well, friend. Thank you very much. Yes, by unlegit pokemon i do mean a pokemon that's unqualified to enter random online matchup. Of course it's quite obvious that they say about having an "unrealistic" pokemon is illegit (like full 31 ivs for all stat). But sometimes it can become grayish for area where hacks are used. For example (this gets trickier), a vitamin that surpasses 100 EV value is fed into pokemon. So like, 25 hp up and 25 vitamin fed, the certain pokemon now has 250 hp ev and 250 atk ev, without training. Now is this considered illegit?
Old June 24th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
You can't feed the Pokemon more than 10 vitamins per stat, so that wouldn't work. It's not that hard to EV train now so your best bet is to just EV train normally and not use the AR to obtain the EVs.

Also, having 31 IVs for each stat is not illegal. It is illegal, however, if you got those by editing a Pokemon's IVs using an AR or anything else like that. Most people just use RNG to get flawless IVs, which is totally fine.
Old June 25th, 2012, 01:53 AM
Terraflare
Beginning Trainer

That's the problem, see. There's an AR code that allows you to feed vitamins to pokemon for more than 10 times per stat. Now in this case, is the pokemon still considered as legit? Because the case which they feed the vitamin is fine, but crossing the border of the "10 vitamins per stat" rule is broken in the "illegit" game.
Old June 25th, 2012, 05:53 AM
Reshiram Man
Resident Peacekeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bofahad View Post
Hey..

I have a C-Gear since a long time i beated the game.. how do i costume it?
I think about passwords.. still how?

If you mean the backgrounds for the C-Gear, then you'd have to enter passcodes on the Global Link when the C-Gear skin is available. Before that, however you'd need a Pokemon Global Link account.

Serebii usually posts when there's a new skin available, and iirc, there's a page in the BW section specifically on the skins and when they are available in what area.
The place where I was born

Scars, she’s got her scars
Sometimes it starts to worry me
Cause lose, I don’t want to lose
Sight of who we are

From the mountains high
To the wave-crashed coast
There’s a way to find
Better days I know

It’s been a long hard ride
Got a ways to go
This is still the place
That we all call home
Old June 25th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reshiram Man View Post
If you mean the backgrounds for the C-Gear, then you'd have to enter passcodes on the Global Link when the C-Gear skin is available. Before that, however you'd need a Pokemon Global Link account.

Serebii usually posts when there's a new skin available, and iirc, there's a page in the BW section specifically on the skins and when they are available in what area.
Just to add to this. They're only for a limited time. And most of them are only for Japanese games. Since BW2 are out, BW probably won't receive many more C-Gear skins.

Here's the page on Serebii giving you the details.

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/gl...ownloads.shtml

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terraflare View Post
That's the problem, see. There's an AR code that allows you to feed vitamins to pokemon for more than 10 times per stat. Now in this case, is the pokemon still considered as legit? Because the case which they feed the vitamin is fine, but crossing the border of the "10 vitamins per stat" rule is broken in the "illegit" game.
It's still counted as legit. You're not going across the 255 in one stat limit or the 510 overall limit (are you?). It's a big time consumer Ev training a Pokemon. This is just made so it's easier. As long as you stick to the 255/510 limit you're fine.

Last edited by Perrie ✿; June 25th, 2012 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 26th, 2012, 03:44 PM
BlackStarxx11xx
Beginning Trainer

Im EVs training Litwik right now.. its level 29 and i gave him 10 calcium which means 100 EVs .. i fought by another Pokemon since Litwik was LV.1 .. I counted .. it reached 150 EVs .. by that he is like LV.27 I did let him fight with power lens .. I reached the 252 and his Special Attack didnt surpass the 80!! i didnt see any notable rises in his SP.ATK like 16 and 18 an so whatever .. what is could go wrong by that? please help its my first EVs training attempt! and sorry for the long question ..
Old June 30th, 2012, 09:47 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStarxx11xx View Post
Im EVs training Litwik right now.. its level 29 and i gave him 10 calcium which means 100 EVs .. i fought by another Pokemon since Litwik was LV.1 .. I counted .. it reached 150 EVs .. by that he is like LV.27 I did let him fight with power lens .. I reached the 252 and his Special Attack didnt surpass the 80!! i didnt see any notable rises in his SP.ATK like 16 and 18 an so whatever .. what is could go wrong by that? please help its my first EVs training attempt! and sorry for the long question ..
Calm down...

Anyway, the changes in stats are seen as you EV train, instead of showing by leveling up. Also, it could be because your Litwick's Special Attack IV isn't that high.

Old July 2nd, 2012, 03:45 PM
Shootingace
Lord

Nature: Calm
Hi, i just got a dialga at level 47 today from my friend. I already have 7 gym badges but dialga won't obey me. What's going on? Is this A glitch and how do i fix it?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links