The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 15th, 2011, 12:35 PM
n64benowitz177
Is The Man In The Mirror.

Advertise here
I can't seem to find the way through the Giant Chasm to battle Kyurem, I know I'm missing something, any advice?
Heart Gold Fc: 2364-7827-7323

Created By Silly Smeargle
"A willow deeply scarred, Somebody's broken heart,And a washed out dream(Washed out dream), They follow the pattern of the wind ya' see, 'Cause they got no place to be, That's why I'm starting with me." Michael Jackson's Man In the Mirror.
Old March 15th, 2011, 01:02 PM
cat pokemon
Beginning Trainer

my son wants Pokemon Black or White for his birthday next month. i read on a shops website a review of this which stated that black is not as good.

which is best to buy him BLACK or WHITE

cheers in advance
Old March 15th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Jak
i'll let you have it

Nature: Timid
Hard to explain. Perhaps this video will help you.

Into the room, I know you want it
Bang bang, all over you, I'll let you have it
Wait a minute, let me take you there
Old March 15th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Mozarch4
Beginer trainer

is there level 100 mode in the wifi battling in pokemon B\W ?

WHITE : 1764 2118 2290

my trade thread

Old March 15th, 2011, 01:09 PM
fire woven
Erif Nevow, my RP name

Nature: Serious
Really its whichever pokemon he wants. Most people like White, since that Pokemon looks cooler, but if he has any freinds gettingg the game, your son will definatly be happy with either. I know this probably isn't the best answer, but its pretty muc hthe truth. If he has freinds with this game, try to get him the opposite of what they have if it truly doesnt matter to him.
Old March 15th, 2011, 01:12 PM
n64benowitz177
Is The Man In The Mirror.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
Hard to explain. Perhaps this video will help you.
Ok thanks for the video, now lets try this again lol.

EDIT: Took no time at all, got him on second try(first time accidently killed it).
Heart Gold Fc: 2364-7827-7323

Created By Silly Smeargle
"A willow deeply scarred, Somebody's broken heart,And a washed out dream(Washed out dream), They follow the pattern of the wind ya' see, 'Cause they got no place to be, That's why I'm starting with me." Michael Jackson's Man In the Mirror.

Last edited by n64benowitz177; March 15th, 2011 at 02:06 PM.
Old March 15th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Oryx
open up your sea chart
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
It's mostly personal choice. There are ups and downs to Black and White.

But if you really have no clue and don't want to hint it to him at all to get his opinion, I would suggest going with White because of the legendary that people tend to like more.
Old March 15th, 2011, 01:14 PM
cat pokemon
Beginning Trainer

the bloke reviewing it from the shop said that white has an area that black doesnt?? can you shed any light?
Old March 15th, 2011, 01:17 PM
MiSoRamen
Flying with Skyla

Nature: Gentle
Their is a place called White Forest that you only go to in White and in Black it is Black City.
Old March 15th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Mozarch4
Beginer trainer

no thats not true, each game has an exclusive area and an exclusive pokemons. my advice is to ask your son wich game he wants

WHITE : 1764 2118 2290

my trade thread

Old March 15th, 2011, 01:18 PM
cat pokemon
Beginning Trainer

thanks that is what i read. but the guy said that the white has more to unlock whereas the black is a training area
Old March 15th, 2011, 01:21 PM
iRoyBoy
Is the definition of yaoi

Nature: Lax
Your probably talking about White Forest or Black City.
As their respectible names go, White forest is a white version exclisive, and Black city is a Black version excluisive. They are the same in some ways and different in other ways.

I personaly got black. and Black City was a big determining factor for me. I believe there is a version exclusive list on Srebii.net. I'd have to hunt for it.

Also if you have a Gamestop and keep the recipt, you can return it for a full refund within a week and they will probably let you trade it for a different version. Im not all sure of how it works, i've never returned a game myself, but I would ask your gamestop manager if that is a possibility.
Old March 15th, 2011, 01:44 PM
cat pokemon
Beginning Trainer

seems i have gotten myself very confused on this site (being moved) but i am very moeved by the help given and very grateful. thanks keep it coming if there are any more views

thanks to all. in my defence at knowing nothing pokemon. dragon quest 9 is my thing so thanks again all

Last edited by cat pokemon; March 15th, 2011 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 15th, 2011, 03:04 PM
N64
LOL WUT?

Nature: Calm
Yeah I'm debating it really. Normally I would have a new pokemon pre-ordered but Black and White I didn't because I was worried they might not be good I mean black and white for the names of the games? Eh sounded weird and alot of the pokemon look really weird and lame. I have heard ALOT of good reviews though and friends that have it said to get it because its like the best pokemone yet?? IDK some suggestions would help guys....
Old March 15th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Dreadnought
Imperador

Which version exclusives do you prefer black or white? Do you prefer Reshiram or Zekrom? I bought both since I want to easily complete the Unova PokeDex and Also get both Reshiram and Zekrom.
Old March 15th, 2011, 03:11 PM
N64
LOL WUT?

I was thinking Pokemon White because Zekrom looks cooler. LOL what do you suggest? Which one was more fun? Either way i think I might pick one up this weekend if I get alot of good replys

p.s. sorry mods I'm new and thought this was in the right section for the thread lol my bad..

Last edited by N64; March 15th, 2011 at 03:18 PM.
Old March 15th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Dreadnought
Imperador

Quote:
Originally Posted by N64 View Post
I was thinking Pokemon White because Zekrom looks cooler. LOL what do you suggest? Which one was more fun? Either way i think I might pick one up this weekend if I get alot of good replys

p.s. sorry mods I'm new and thought this was in the right section for the thread lol my bad..
I can't really suggest as it comes down to your decision. If you like Zekrom go for White and if you like Reshiram instead go for Black.
Old March 15th, 2011, 03:29 PM
akaKidder
Beginning Trainer

Hello I was wondering if anyone here can help me out with EV training in Pokemon White. I tried my first attempt last night and totally failed. I tried killing 252 Patrats/Lillipups with my level 58 Emboar, only for it to gain 4 attack when it leveled up. If anyone could help me with this it is greatly appreciated, whether I am not doing something right or at all.

Thanks in advance!

-akaKidder
Old March 15th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Dreadnought
Imperador

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaKidder View Post
Hello I was wondering if anyone here can help me out with EV training in Pokemon White. I tried my first attempt last night and totally failed. I tried killing 252 Patrats/Lillipups with my level 58 Emboar, only for it to gain 4 attack when it leveled up. If anyone could help me with this it is greatly appreciated, whether I am not doing something right or at all.

Thanks in advance!

-akaKidder
The best way most people like to EV train is using Power Items (Anklet, Bracer,etc..) combined with Pokerus. Pokerus doubles the amount of EV's a pokemon gets when it battles another pokemon.

Example: Starly gives 1 speed EV. When you battle a starly with a pokemon with Pokerus you gain 2 speed EV's instead of 1. Now say you battle starly and your pokemon has a Power Anklet (gives 4 speed EV's) and pokerus. You battle the starly and get 1 speed EV + 4 speed EV's from the Anklet, since Pokerus doubles the EV's you get. 1 +4= 5 x 2 = 10. So you just need to beat 25 starly's to max your pokemon's speed stat. Makes it so you don't need to waste so much time knocking out 200+ Pokemon.
Old March 15th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Phazon
Trainer

Nature: Docile
If you have a level 58 Emboar then it's probably too late to EV train it. A Pokemon has max EVs of 510 and everything you ever killed with it, gave it EVs, so your Emboar will have a bunch of random EVs. You should start EV training as soon as you catch a Pokemon.

Anyway, if you have 252 EVs in a stat you will have an extra 63 points in that stat, when you reach level 100. Not when you level up, so even with 252 EVs in ATK, +4 on a level-up is perfectly fine.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 15th, 2011, 03:49 PM
akaKidder
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
The best way most people like to EV train is using Power Items (Anklet, Bracer,etc..) combined with Pokerus. Pokerus doubles the amount of EV's a pokemon gets when it battles another pokemon.

Example: Starly gives 1 speed EV. When you battle a starly with a pokemon with Pokerus you gain 2 speed EV's instead of 1. Now say you battle starly and your pokemon has a Power Anklet (gives 4 speed EV's) and pokerus. You battle the starly and get 1 speed EV + 4 speed EV's from the Anklet, since Pokerus doubles the EV's you get. 1 +4= 5 x 2 = 10. So you just need to beat 25 starly's to max your pokemon's speed stat. Makes it so you don't need to waste so much time knocking out 200+ Pokemon.
So any idea why it didn't work the first time I tried with my Emboar?
Old March 15th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Dreadnought
Imperador

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaKidder View Post
So any idea why it didn't work the first time I tried with my Emboar?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazon View Post
If you have a level 58 Emboar then it's probably too late to EV train it. A Pokemon has max EVs of 510 and everything you ever killed with it, gave it EVs, so your Emboar will have a bunch of random EVs. You should start EV training as soon as you catch a Pokemon.

Anyway, if you have 252 EVs in a stat you will have an extra 63 points in that stat, when you reach level 100. Not when you level up, so even with 252 EVs in ATK, +4 on a level-up is perfectly fine.

Old March 15th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Bluemoon
Bluemoon

Okay i just defeated the elite four for the first time... then iwent to lenora and she told something like : the Driftveil gym leader contacted her that you can get two fossils in twist mountain...
Does this mean that you can get both fossils?
Old March 15th, 2011, 04:01 PM
CoffeeWolf
Trainer

Nature: Naive
Is there a way to check hidden power type in this game besides battling?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 15th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Jak
i'll let you have it

Nature: Timid
There is a man that will tell you. I want to say he's in the Mistralton Pokemon Center, but I'm probably wrong. I do know that there is a guy in Pokemon Center next to the counter that will tell you, though. Just a little fuzzy as to which city it is, sorry. :(

Into the room, I know you want it
Bang bang, all over you, I'll let you have it
Wait a minute, let me take you there
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here