Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page B W Quick Questions

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread

Old July 28th, 2012 (12:05 AM).

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by AdrianD:
How do I spread it from pokemon to pokemon. I tried reading Bulbapedia but I dont quite understand.
You can easily spread Pokerus by placing the infected pokemon first in your party and battling a wild pokemon with it. There is a large chance to pass it to the second and third pokemon slots.
Old July 31st, 2012 (01:28 AM).

Im on my way to Castelia city, does anyone know if its possible to get Drillbur now? Beacause i have waited for hours in wellspring cave for a shaking spot to appear...
If not, when is the earliest point in the game when you can get one?

Kanto - Johto - Hoenn - Sinnoh - Unova
Emerald, might do Ultimate later

Diamond: Nuzlocke Challenge

Extreme Solo: Lickitung/Lickilicky - HeartGold
Solo Challenge: Gengar - Platinum
Old July 31st, 2012 (01:37 AM).
#radreds
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Snableye:
Im on my way to Castelia city, does anyone know if its possible to get Drillbur now? Beacause i have waited for hours in wellspring cave for a shaking spot to appear...
If not, when is the earliest point in the game when you can get one?
Yes you can, return to the Wellspring Cave, run around and find a dust cloud. It's easier if you have Repels.

As for the second question, Wellspring Cave is the earliest point in the game where you can get Drilbur.
Old July 31st, 2012 (02:40 AM).

Quote originally posted by Hikari10:
Yes you can, return to the Wellspring Cave, run around and find a dust cloud. It's easier if you have Repels.

As for the second question, Wellspring Cave is the earliest point in the game where you can get Drilbur.
I Used up my 20 repels and nothing...
Feels like its impossible this ealy in the game <.<

Old July 31st, 2012 (02:48 AM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I Used up my 20 repels and nothing...
Feels like its impossible this ealy in the game <.<
You're just unlucky. When a dust cloud comes up, either you get an item or you run into Drilbur, even if you have a Repel on.

Old July 31st, 2012 (12:14 PM).

Hey guys, I have a problem connecting to wifi on my Pokemon Black and White on my DSi and it always pop up this error code: 91010 for every 2-3 minutes when I connecting to wifi. My wifi never had a problem and works well with my Platinum game so Idk why in Black and White it always messed up too much.

When I search over the internet, it said that this problem might happened because of Friend Roster problems but I already try those thing by deleting one by one my Friend's FCs on Pal Pad until none of them anymore on my Pal Pad but it still not working.

I try to delete my internet connection on my DSi and setup it back but Idk why it still can solve this problem. I also check on my router setting for MAC filtering, Firewall WEP key and all things like that and all of them are fine. I emailed Nintendo Customer Service last week but they not even helping me.

It's almost 2 weeks this problem happened to me, so please I really need a help to solve this problem. Thank you.
Old August 1st, 2012 (12:01 PM).
Banned

Leave 2 pokemon in the day-care and then go to the battle subway and start walking in an endless circle by holdin down the bottom button and the b button (you can use books or tape to hold it down). Every step you take adds 1 exp to your pokemon in the daycare. You can leave the DS on all day or night whilst charging it. When it has been a few hours go back to the day care and grab your pokemon who should be massive levels by now. Or you can go to the stadiums in nimbassa and battle the guys their with a pokemon holdin a lucky egg.
Old August 1st, 2012 (12:12 PM).
Eye of the Storm

Quote originally posted by Richard Nixon:
Leave 2 pokemon in the day-care and then go to the battle subway and start walking in an endless circle by holdin down the bottom button and the b button (you can use books or tape to hold it down). Every step you take adds 1 exp to your pokemon in the daycare. You can leave the DS on all day or night whilst charging it. When it has been a few hours go back to the day care and grab your pokemon who should be massive levels by now. Or you can go to the stadiums in nimbassa and battle the guys their with a pokemon holdin a lucky egg.
Why walk in a circle in the Battle Subway? Just grab an Egg and make a few treks along the Skyarrow Bridge on your Bike. Won't seem to take long for that sucker to hatch...

One of my own Pokémon gained five levels while breeding, in fact. The thing to note is that every level a Pokémon goes up in the daycare costs you 100 in the currency; my Lv.60 Corsola even gained an entire level during my Egg-hunting struggles. So getting a Lv.98 Pokémon back could conceivably cost you 9,800. - the amount you get for a Star Piece from the item guy at Icirrus.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old August 1st, 2012 (12:24 PM).
Banned

I was talking about the pokemon in the day-care NOT the egg. By the way a lucky egg is different to a pokemon egg. It boosts exp.
Old August 1st, 2012 (12:38 PM).

Good Idea, I might try! I will need a lot of cash though...
Old August 1st, 2012 (12:49 PM).
Eye of the Storm

I was talking about the pokemon in the day-care NOT the egg. By the way a lucky egg is different to a pokemon egg. It boosts exp.
Since I'm looking to be able to breed any breedable Pokémon in the Unova region (as well as the gens. before Unova within Unova), I think I am aware of how that works. Additionally, I train using the Lucky Egg. I'm questioning your tactic of going in circles in the Battle Subway; I'm saying trek across the Skyarrow Bridge instead, and that it's also a good place for hatching Eggs. Makes more sense to me.

In other words, there is more than one right way to do the same thing. Your method is not wrong, but it's not as quick. Me, I train them against Audinos; using the Pokémon Center is free and you have control over whether they learn their new moves or not, whereas the Day Care overwrites the move in the first spot (which is all right if you switch the move you don't want there before leaving it at the Day Care, but is a huge risk otherwise as you don't know what the move is until you look it up online). Two Audino battles to gain a level is quicker than the Day Care.

I'll stick with my method.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old August 1st, 2012 (01:17 PM).
Leader Of the K.O.D.O

Nature: Adamant
I'm pretty sure this has been established since back in 2000 with Silver/Gold/Crystal...
You could also battle trainers and hit victory road, elite 4, etc...
Old August 1st, 2012 (03:18 PM).
Eye of the Storm

Quote originally posted by rocklee666:
I'm pretty sure this has been established since back in 2000 with Silver/Gold/Crystal...
You could also battle trainers and hit victory road, elite 4, etc...
By the way, did you know you can use Mean Look to capture a roaming Pokémon that likes to run away?

All right, I'll stop now, Req.

Cyclone

Old August 1st, 2012 (03:32 PM).

Lucky Eggs and Traded Pokemon Exp Boost Stack. which is Awesome for Combat leveling your pokemon!
Old August 1st, 2012 (03:47 PM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
The Day Care method has been done since G/S/C. It's not wrong, but it's not very efficient either, as pointed out above. Instead of doing that method of running around in the Battle Subway, it's a better idea to bike up and down the entire length of Skyarrow Bridge, as stated above once again.

The better way of gaining EXP fast is Audino grinding with a Lucky Egg attached. Or, given the new EXP mechanics, go to a place that has high leveled Pokemon (like Giant Chasm) with the low-leveled Pokemon at the lead of the team, send it into battle, switch to a stronger Pokemon and KO the opponent with that one (even better if the low level Pokemon has a Lucky Egg).

Old August 1st, 2012 (06:00 PM).
tragedy
Crystal Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Since this has received a couple of comments and you guys seem to be helping each other out on methods, I'm going to move this over to our Quick Questions sticky!

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old August 2nd, 2012 (01:45 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by CycloneGU:
One of my own Pokémon gained five levels while breeding, in fact. The thing to note is that every level a Pokémon goes up in the daycare costs you 100 in the currency; my Lv.60 Corsola even gained an entire level during my Egg-hunting struggles. So getting a Lv.98 Pokémon back could conceivably cost you 9,800. - the amount you get for a Star Piece from the item guy at Icirrus.
You are talking like 9800 is a hard to get in BW o.O
9800 is nothing in those games.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 2nd, 2012 (10:31 AM).

Which legendary Pokemon should I throw my master ball at?

Old August 2nd, 2012 (10:33 AM).
My life would suck without you
Crystal Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Depending on which version you have, you probably want to use it on the roaming legendary, as it tends to give the most grief to people. You also get two in the game, so you could use the other on Kyurem or Landorus or save them in case you ever find a shiny exploding Pokémon. Don't use it on Reshiram/Zekrom as they have the same catch rate as an Onix.
Old August 2nd, 2012 (12:19 PM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Magikarp?
Seriously... Master Ball isn't actually needed in BW...
There aren't Pokémon that are really hard to catch.
You can use it when you don't want to waste time on capture or like vaporeon mentioned on rare shiny.

Old August 2nd, 2012 (01:14 PM).
Eye of the Storm

Quote originally posted by Ash493:

You are talking like 9800 is a hard to get in BW o.O
9800 is nothing in those games.
I'm not denying that. Like I said, the item guy at Nurse Joy's counter at Icirrus' Pokémon Centre will give you that for one Star Piece (you need two at a Pokémart, those scam artists). By the time you "step" to Lv.98, you'll probably have five or six of those if you go seeking them.

Meanwhile, I just reread about Heart Pieces being obtainable at Driftveil this morning. I need to start looking at those options and stock some away in case I need a Pokémon to relearn a move for breeding. I do intend to become both Pokémon Master and breeding superstar. Shinies not so much, but I will accept them in trades; is there a difference when breeding with Shinies?

Quote originally posted by vaporeon7:
Depending on which version you have, you probably want to use it {Master Ball} on the roaming legendary, as it tends to give the most grief to people. You also get two in the game, so you could use the other on Kyurem or Landorus or save them in case you ever find a shiny exploding Pokémon. Don't use it on Reshiram/Zekrom as they have the same catch rate as an Onix.
My roamer strategy was different. The evening I unlocked it by getting the Legend Badge and heading to Route 10 (where I'd been multiple times, but the event only occurs then), I didn't have a lot of time up to midnite, so I went and started wittling away its HP in two or three encounters. I then hit the end of the day; in the early morning it started hanging out in the eastern Unova areas out of my reach (at that time). That bugged me, but I did my other daily business at that point and spent the overnite at Nimbasa Town. While in bed, I decided to bring my Watchog (Super Fang and Hypnosis FTW!!!) to the fight. Since it knows Mean Look, all I had to do was flash the look on my free first turn and that roamer was done roaming. The next morning, I executed my plan on Route 5. I failed once as Watchog got dropped, then Tornadus ran away next turn. My second attempt went in my favour and I captured it, I think in a Dusk Ball or Great Ball or something. So my Master Ball sits unused. I'm stupid like that, I do things the hard way.

As for getting two in game, there is indeed a second, but I think you have to trade so many times and then get it at a Pokémon Center (Castelia?) as a reward. There are other items too.

Quote originally posted by wirbinspastic:
You can easily spread Pokerus by placing the infected pokemon first in your party and battling a wild pokemon with it. There is a large chance to pass it to the second and third pokemon slots.
It doesn't have to be the first slot. In fact, if the other five are unaffected, placing it in the middle spreads the "disease" quicker. I would plant them at the second and fifth slots, and 2-3 battles later, back to the PC to redeposit.

I haven't infected my newest recruits yet, but my Musketeers (who I was going to keep pure) accidentally joined some Pokérus holders, so they are now doubling their EVs. Not like it matters. I don't think they can go on Wifi.

Cyclone

Old August 2nd, 2012 (03:16 PM).

Hey guys, I have a problem connecting to wifi on my Pokemon Black and White on my DSi and it always pop up this error code: 91010 for every 2-3 minutes when I connecting to wifi. My wifi never had a problem and works well with my Platinum game so Idk why in Black and White it always messed up too much.

When I search over the internet, it said that this problem might happened because of Friend Roster problems but I already try those thing by deleting one by one my Friend's FCs on Pal Pad until none of them anymore on my Pal Pad but it still not working.

I try to delete my internet connection on my DSi and setup it back but Idk why it still can solve this problem. I also check on my router setting for MAC filtering, Firewall WEP key and all things like that and all of them are fine. I emailed Nintendo Customer Service last week but they not even helping me.

Its already more than 2 weeks this problem happened to me, so please, I really need a help to solve this problem. Thank you.
Old August 3rd, 2012 (01:46 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by CycloneGU:
is there a difference when breeding with Shinies?
Hatched Pokémon will just have bigger chance to be shiny.

Old August 3rd, 2012 (01:52 AM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Ash493:

Hatched Pokémon will just have bigger chance to be shiny.
Not true. The odds of you hatching a shiny egg are the same odds of you seeing a wild shiny Pokemon.

Old August 3rd, 2012 (02:17 AM).
My life would suck without you
Crystal Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote originally posted by PlatinumDude:
Not true. The odds of you hatching a shiny egg are the same odds of you seeing a wild shiny Pokemon.
This is true unless of course the parents are of different languages, then the chance is higher. This still applies to non-shiny Pokémon also.

Sponsored Links