Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 13th, 2012, 05:26 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggly_Jello View Post
Rats, I was hoping the Egg would help Tynamo get some extra extra Xp! I don't suppose there is a second Lucky Egg anywhere??
The Lucky Egg boost only applies to the Pokemon who's holding it.

Anyway, you can possibly get another Lucky Egg from the sunglasses guy in Route 13. This guy will give you 1 random item a day, so you can save right in front of him, talk to him and try to get the Lucky Egg. If the item isn't a Lucky Egg, reset and try again. Note that Route 13 is only accessible post-National Dex.

Old August 13th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
The Lucky Egg boost only applies to the Pokemon who's holding it.

Anyway, you can possibly get another Lucky Egg from the sunglasses guy in Route 13. This guy will give you 1 random item a day, so you can save right in front of him, talk to him and try to get the Lucky Egg. If the item isn't a Lucky Egg, reset and try again. Note that Route 13 is only accessible post-National Dex.
In this vein, you can get an unlimited number of Lucky Eggs. It's the same with the Fossil Maniac; if you want a team of Aerodactyls, save before talking to him and get a new Old Amber every day, then take each to the museum to restore the Aerodactyl inside. In six days you have an army to take over the world! *grin*

Note this is also a National Dex activity.

Cyclone
"Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old August 14th, 2012, 12:59 AM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
I meant more like which particular moves should I teach him? He is level 22 and knows:

Uproar
Icy Wind
Avalanche
Taunt (a mistake I made from reading the description wrong, thinking it prevented attacks for 3 turns)

Is that considered an effective move list at that level?
For Vanillite, at Level 22 I guess that is an okay moveset but as it levels up remember to make it learn Ice Beam at Level 35 (which is a staple for the line as they are special attackers) and Mirror Shot at Level 26 until you get the TM for Flash Cannon (teach it Flash Cannon once you get the TM). Acid Armor, which is learned at Level 31 is also a good one to have since it boosts its Defense by two stages, effectively weakening physical attacks directed at it. Hail is also recommended with or without Blizzard, you can combo with Blizzard if you want but it's still a nice filler move since it triggers Vanillite/Vanillish/Vanilluxe's ability, Ice Body which heals its HP by a little after each turn in the hail. Frost Breath is also pretty neat since it always does a critical hit and you get the TM for that after beating Brycen.

Vanillite evolves into Vanillish at Level 35, and then into Vanilluxe at Level 47.

So, based on what I studied the best moveset for Vanilluxe by the end is:

Ice Beam
Flash Cannon
Acid Armor / Blizzard
Hail / Frost Breath

Try it out and see what you think.
Old August 14th, 2012, 01:43 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Taunt (a mistake I made from reading the description wrong, thinking it prevented attacks for 3 turns)
Taunt isn't bad at all You can prevent your opponent from using some annoying status inflicting moves :D
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 14th, 2012, 11:50 PM
Jiggly Jello
DJ Squiggles

Is paralyze really worth it? More often than not, when I paralyze a Pokemon it is able to act anyway. Is there a way to increase the probability of making the target more immobile when it is hit with paralysis?
Yes, it's very hard for you to believe isn't it, that there are still some people left who
can bring a son into this world without recourse to cannabis and government handouts?

Old August 15th, 2012, 01:14 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Is paralyze really worth it? More often than not, when I paralyze a Pokemon it is able to act anyway. Is there a way to increase the probability of making the target more immobile when it is hit with paralysis?
Paralysis is still worth using because it reduces the afflicted Pokemon's Speed to 25% of its original value. The 25% chance of full paralysis is simply a bonus, IMO. To answer the rest of the question, no, there are no methods to increase the odds of fully paralyzing the opponent, but the ability Serene Grace doubles the odds of moves that have a chance to paralyze, such as Body Slam.

Old August 15th, 2012, 03:26 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
It's worth if you have slow team =)
Imo Paralysis is most useless status infliction because it cannot affect Ground types, though.
But as I said, if you have slow team, you may find PRZ useful =)
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 15th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

I've noticed the speed cut myself; I always hate running into Emolga and run away from every single one so one of my team members doesn't get hit by the slowdown in speed (though once in a while skipping a turn could come in handy, such as if I inflict something with Toxic and then I'm frozen for two turns, my PP are not wasted and it still faints).

I do use Body Slam, which does also have the paralyzing effect. However, I don't often plan for the speed gain I would obtain; simply put, I usually over-level my opponents and there are only a few that would have speed above mine.

It could be useful for a capture, meanwhile.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old August 15th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Quote:
Paralysis is handy if you want to catch something or if you're using slow Pokemon since it cripples the opponent's Speed to 25% of its usual.

It's probably worth it but it can't affect Ground-types outside of Stun Spore and the Static ability.
Old August 15th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
Paralysis is handy if you want to catch something or if you're using slow Pokemon since it cripples the opponent's Speed to 25% of its usual.

It's probably worth it but it can't affect Ground-types outside of Stun Spore and the Static ability.
Body Slam, Bounce, Dragon Breath, Fling, Force Palm, Glare, Lick, and Secret Power all inflict Paralysis.
Old August 15th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
To make the Pokemon more immobile you could try confusing it as well as inflicting paralysis. Along with that you could also use moves that cause the opponent to flinch. With paralysis you can 'combo' other moves in and make it even worse for your opponent. :)
✿ trade thread✿
1349 6159 4149
Old August 15th, 2012, 10:59 AM
ArcanusTheMage
The Defender

Nature: Docile
Why can't I trade away a Deoxys and a Darkrai on the GTS that my girlfriend gave me from her Pokemon Pearl? Any explanation to that?
Competition Party:
LanceALot (Lvl 100) Artemis (lvling up)Napoleon (lvling up)
RolePlay Party:
LanceALot Samuraii Suicune Zapdos Shocky
Wish List (Justified, for Competition)(any, for RolePlay)

Trying to complete the Pokédex as LEGIT as possible! No Hacks, No Cheats, only Trades!
Pokédex: 601/602 (Thanks to my girlfriend that brought over her games to help me quite a bunch!)
<Wants trades to complete Pokedex>
<Will chat and friend if you want>
<Roleplays>
Old August 15th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Most likely cause of Cherish balls I believe. They changed the coding so if she got them from events I don't think they can be traded over GTS.
Old August 15th, 2012, 11:25 AM
ArcanusTheMage
The Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Most likely cause of Cherish balls I believe. They changed the coding so if she got them from events I don't think they can be traded over GTS.
Ok then, I now understand why Deoxys can't be traded, but what about Darkrai, he is in a ultra ball.
Competition Party:
RolePlay Party:

Trying to complete the Pokédex as LEGIT as possible! No Hacks, No Cheats, only Trades!
Pokédex: 601/602 (Thanks to my girlfriend that brought over her games to help me quite a bunch!)
<Roleplays>
Old August 15th, 2012, 11:30 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcanusTheMage View Post
Ok then, I now understand why Deoxys can't be traded, but what about Darkrai, he is in a ultra ball.
It may be that the Deoxys is hacked. The GTS often blocks hacked Pokémon from being traded.
Old August 15th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

According to its location guide, the only legal way to catch Darkrai is on Newmoon Island in Generation IV, and only if you have a Member Card. Newmoon Island is the only place it has ever appeared (except promotionally), and the Member Card is an event item that cannot be obtained otherwise except by hacking.

Since Darkrai is fought in battle and can be captured legitimately, the Ultra Ball could have been used, and it should be tradeable. If the Darkrai in this case IS hacked, it could have still been hacked into an Ultra Ball, but Darkrai CAN be traded legitimately from this capture. So the question is whether this is indeed a Newmoon Island Darkrai. Arcanus, check to see whether this Darkrai comes from Newmoon Island; if not, it's definitely hacked, but if so, it could still be hacked in other ways. I wonder if a hacked key event item will prevent the Pokémon from being tradeable? If an original is cloned, does that stop it?

The same applies to the Deoxys and Birth Island as its only home.

Cyclone

Last edited by Cyclone; August 15th, 2012 at 12:41 PM.
Old August 15th, 2012, 12:54 PM
ArcanusTheMage
The Defender

Ah, then it must've been hacked, along with the Deoxys as well, because I did a search about this problem and only hacked pokemon can't be traded.. meaning that her sister did that, hacked to get the legendarys ._." have to get legit ones now
Competition Party:
RolePlay Party:

<Roleplays>
Old August 16th, 2012, 05:18 PM
allaurarenee
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Bashful
Hey y'all! I've become interested in RNG'ing and I need a bit of help, I've looked through guides and have watched Youtube videos.. But the only problem I'm having is finding my SID.

Could somebody help me out? Tell me how to find it? Find it for me? :O Pretty pretty please with sugar on top?

Pokemon White Friend Code: 1635 9711 3368
Old August 16th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by allaurarenee View Post
Hey y'all! I've become interested in RNG'ing and I need a bit of help, I've looked through guides and have watched Youtube videos.. But the only problem I'm having is finding my SID.

Could somebody help me out? Tell me how to find it? Find it for me? :O Pretty pretty please with sugar on top?
I'll be glad to point you in the right direction. n___n

Go to PokèCheck [Click] and follow the instructions. Once your Pokemon has been uploaded it will tell you all of its details, including your SID. It has to be your Pokemon to get your PID, though! :)
✿ trade thread✿
1349 6159 4149
Old August 17th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Jeikobu
God's beloved child

Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu
To do the "Passerby" thing, won't all people connecting their games have to have completed the surveys?

I'd also like to know more about how you can see what your friends answered to the questions, and how you can keep connected with them (isn't there some area where I can add them to my friends list, like that book in the "Key Items" bag?).
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old August 19th, 2012, 01:51 PM
kenshin-
Beginning Trainer

Hi,

I have some questions about egg.

I catched Joltik (but I only find joltik with Unnerve) If I put a couple in the breeding house; could I receive a joltik with Compoundeyes ?Or the special capacity is hereditary?

Tic has no gender so, can I obtain an Egg ?Or is he compared to the legendary ?(I want a better nature).

Thanks for your answer.
I'm not English. Don't hesitate to correct me. This is the way I can progress.
Black team :
Old August 19th, 2012, 02:05 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshin- View Post
Hi,

I have some questions about egg.

I catched Joltik (but I only find joltik with Unnerve) If I put a couple in the breeding house; could I receive a joltik with Compoundeyes ?Or the special capacity is hereditary?

Tic has no gender so, can I obtain an Egg ?Or is he compared to the legendary ?(I want a better nature).

Thanks for your answer.
If you breed a male and female Joltik with Unnerve there is still a 50% chance that the offspring will have the ability Compoundeyes. Joltik have 50/50 gender ratio of male and female btw. For a better nature you could breed a female Joltik with another male Pokémon in the bug egg group or a Ditto with the nature you desire holding an Everstone which gives an increased chance of the nature being passed down. The female Joltik could also be the one with the good nature and everstone.
Old August 20th, 2012, 06:27 AM
Chrisaur

Nature: Modest
Hi

So I'm not sure where to post this, since it's a B&W and a B2&W2 related question.

I'm just curious how moving my existing Pokemon on Black , to Black2 will work ?

I'm very new to the DS experience, and got myself a DS, and a Pokemon Black game a few months ago.
I've played the previous versions of Pokemon on the PC, so I've never traded or relocated before.

I am planning to get Black2 as soon as I can get it.

So how exactly does the whole relocation system work ?
• Is there an easy way to just relocate my Pokemon from Black to Black2
• Do I need to put my cartridge in another DS (let's say a friend's DS) and physically trade each and every single Pokemon ?
• And when can I move my Pokemon ? Only after I beat the ELITE 4 on black2 ? or can i just trade after I get to the first town ?

How exactly does this work ?

Thank you so much
Old August 20th, 2012, 06:31 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

I'm not sure the proper forum either, but as it pertains to moving Pokémon from the game in this forum this could really go in both places.

As for relocating them, you can trade between both games as in any generation using two DS systems or with a friend's help trading. The only thing I do NOT know is whether you have to have the National Dex in B2/W2 before you can trade with those games. If so, then once you beat the E4 once, you can import everything as in any same-generation games. (It would also spoil my importing of a Shiny Nincada from Emerald to train alongside me in the game storyline.)

There is a benefit to trading into B2/W2 as well, as some legendaries (most notably Tornadus/Thundurus/Landorus) gain second Formes in B2/W2 that look more...animalistic. Genesect is also a giveaway in B2/W2, but none is listed for B/W though you CAN trade it back into B/W and collect Plates from the P2 Lab workers. This is one of the reasons I'm collecting W2 instead of B2 since I want to be able to get the opposite Plates (the four are split between B/W), but I might end up getting White specifically to facilitate trading into B2, and would be using borrowed Pokémon to complete the story to speed things along.

Cyclone

Last edited by Cyclone; August 20th, 2012 at 06:37 AM.
Old August 20th, 2012, 07:56 AM
kenshin-
Beginning Trainer

Hi,

Thanks for your help vapereon7. I'll do some egg to obtain the good capacity .

Another thing. I obtained FLY or FLIGHT HM (excuse me but I have the french version and I don't know the English name of this HM during this post, I'll use "Flight" 'cause it seems more correct).

So, I took the sky plate (I think a bird can always learn fly/flight). But when I tried to learn to archen, I couldn't. But I didn't know this evolve could so, once I saw he couldn't learn flight, I put him in pc and don't level.

As I had to cross (not sure about cross) the cave (I don't know its English name this is the one with joltik);

I thought that it was useless to return to look for a bird because in the city of the airport, there is in herbs. (By not finding, I have make a search and I saw on one web site, that they do not appear in winter; exactly the high season in which I'm).

Thus, I say myself too bad, I don't turn back (cross again the joltik cave) I continue towards the city of snow and I would be lucky to capture Druddigon. (I thought of teaching him Flight the time to go to look for the pokemon bug / Fire (Volcarona on road 18) AND the time also to return to look after the stone of my legendary).

Druddigon can't learn Flight... What's strong all the same, by knowing that it has wings (and that it's rather massive). On the other hand, by making a search on the pokemon who can have Flight as attack, I fall on a "impressive" list (not by its size but by its composition).

http://www.pokebip.com/pokemon/poked...=1&poke_gen5=1

Golurk could learn Flight and same Volcarona (bug / Fire) can learn it. And a dragon which must indeed be 15 times as big is not capable of making it? (So, Golruk could fly away to a pokecenter ??? O_o").

Same Hydreigon can learn Flight and nevertheless, he really has no wings.
I'm not English. Don't hesitate to correct me. This is the way I can progress.
Black team :
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links