Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page BlackWhite Quick Questions

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread

Old June 7th, 2013 (06:13 AM).

hi i heard that you can catch gnesect and rayquaza on black is this true?
Old June 7th, 2013 (06:31 AM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by reshiram9:
hi i heard that you can catch gnesect and rayquaza on black is this true?
Who ever told you that lied sadly. Rayquaza can only be caught in Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Heart Gold, and Soul Silver. The last two need special game events to be done before you can catch it. Genesect is not available in any Pokemon game. It is an Event Download only Pokemon much like Mew, Celebi, Jiranchi, Deoxys, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, and Meloetta.
Old June 7th, 2013 (08:29 AM).
Eye of the Storm

Send a message via Skype™ to Cyclone
Quote originally posted by XanderO:
Who ever told you that lied sadly. Rayquaza can only be caught in Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Heart Gold, and Soul Silver. The last two need special game events to be done before you can catch it. Genesect is not available in any Pokemon game. It is an Event Download only Pokemon much like Mew, Celebi, Jiranchi, Deoxys, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, and Meloetta.
To add to Genesect, it's also not available currently for Wifi acquisition. You'll have to trade for one, and be ready to accept a cloned one as that's likely what you're going to get, whether you are informed as such or not.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old June 9th, 2013 (10:01 PM).

Nature: Bold
Why does it tell me on the GTS 'this pokemon has already been traded' but the guy trading it doesn't disappear?!?

hmm.. what to do today... pokemon...digimon...my own characters... hmmm...
Old June 9th, 2013 (10:14 PM).
PONPONPON
Crystal Tier

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by D-poke:
Why does it tell me on the GTS 'this pokemon has already been traded' but the guy trading it doesn't disappear?!?
It's a strange glitch that happens every now and then. I'm not exactly sure why, but it just happens. The best thing to do is to just ignore it.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old June 10th, 2013 (07:14 AM).

Nature: Calm
Just a quick (and possibly stupid) question:
After I catch Reshiram in Black, if I use Reshiram rather than my original pokemon party to defeat N, will I still beat the game? Or do I have to use my original 6 - pokemon party in order to defeat N and Ghetis?
Old June 10th, 2013 (07:19 AM).
happy
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by pokenerdmania:
Just a quick (and possibly stupid) question:
After I catch Reshiram in Black, if I use Reshiram rather than my original pokemon party to defeat N, will I still beat the game? Or do I have to use my original 6 - pokemon party in order to defeat N and Ghetis?
Even though catching Reshiram/Zekrom is required to proceed, you don't necessarily have to use it in the fights against N and Ghetsis. After Reshiram (Black) or Zekrom (White) is caught and you have a full party, there is an option where you can decide if you want to switch out a Pokemon from your party to the PC to replace with Reshiram/Zekrom. Just say "No" if you don't want to send one of your Pokemon to the PC.

I hope that has helped you out!
Old June 10th, 2013 (12:31 PM).

I get the idea of the PC box (I've been playing since Gen 1) but can I use Reshiram and still beat the game (I've been watching YouTube vids and they all say to put the Legendary in your PC instead of using it to battle.
Old June 10th, 2013 (01:27 PM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote originally posted by pokenerdmania:
I get the idea of the PC box (I've been playing since Gen 1) but can I use Reshiram and still beat the game (I've been watching YouTube vids and they all say to put the Legendary in your PC instead of using it to battle.
If you're playing Pokémon Black, you can choose whether or not you include Reshiram in the team before the final battles against N and Ghetsis. If you have more than 6 Pokémon with you at the time Reshiram was caught, you can choose which Pokémon to send to the PC, Reshiram included. You can still beat the game with or without Reshiram, but it's somewhat easier to just use it.

Old June 10th, 2013 (01:34 PM).
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
Yes, it is possible that Reshiram can help you beat the game. Don't pit it against Ghetsis' Hydreigon though, as even at Level 54 Hydreigon is likely to outspeed it and kill it with Dragon Pulse. N's Carracosta and Archeops may give Reshiram problems too.
Old June 10th, 2013 (09:16 PM).
Eye of the Storm

Send a message via Skype™ to Cyclone
Just as an aside, I did include Reshiram in the final battles. It fainted after leading out in both. I think I ended up with an incredibly poor-IV Reshiram. I never bothered checking, but I'll add that to my to-do list...

My point? I still beat the game.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old June 11th, 2013 (12:25 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Boilurn:
Yes, it is possible that Reshiram can help you beat the game. Don't pit it against Ghetsis' Hydreigon though, as even at Level 54 Hydreigon is likely to outspeed it and kill it with Dragon Pulse. N's Carracosta and Archeops may give Reshiram problems too.
It still can help you against N's Zekrom.
Reshi is pretty good addition to the team.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old June 11th, 2013 (12:53 AM).
Master of Ideals

Nature: Naughty
N's Zekrom's Giga Impact can possibly make a huge dent in Reshiram though, and vice versa for N's Reshiram's Hyper Beam on Zekrom...

Naughty Nature Zekrom with 422 Attack stat and 252 Attack EVs traded from Pokemon White Version FTW!!!
Old June 11th, 2013 (01:11 PM).
Scald Pokémon

Right, here's my question: On the DS can you get more than one breeding move on one Pokemon? I tried to get a Scraggy to learn three breeding moves from three different Pokemon: Dragon Dance (from Axew), Drain Punch (from Mienfoo) and Zen Headbutt (from Munna). However, it could only learn one of these moves. If that's true then I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Old June 11th, 2013 (01:41 PM).

Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Right, here's my question: On the DS can you get more than one breeding move on one Pokemon? I tried to get a Scraggy to learn three breeding moves from three different Pokemon: Dragon Dance (from Axew), Drain Punch (from Mienfoo) and Zen Headbutt (from Munna). However, it could only learn one of these moves. If that's true then I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Egg Moves can only be passed down by a father. So unless the dad can learn all three of those attacks, only one will pass on every time.

Like, in B2W2 its possible to get an Earth Power/Dark Pulse Deino from an egg since both are available as Move tutors and a few Pokemon that Deino can breed with learn both that way. In B/W this was impossible as Pokemon that learned Earth Power couldn't learn Dark Pulse
Old June 11th, 2013 (01:51 PM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
To make things easier, Smeargle belongs in the same egg group as Scraggy. A male Smeargle can Sketch Dragon Dance, Drain Punch and Zen Headbutt, then breed with a female Scraggy/Scrafty. Zen Headbutt and Drain Punch are also move tutor moves in B2/W2.

Old June 12th, 2013 (07:03 AM).
Scald Pokémon

Quote originally posted by PlatinumDude:
A male Smeargle can Sketch Dragon Dance, Drain Punch and Zen Headbutt, then breed with a female Scraggy/Scrafty.
That's so cool! But it's hard to even find Smeargle let alone try to sketch the moves you want him to learn. Anyway, thanks to both for the advice.
Old June 16th, 2013 (08:04 PM).

I bought an unlocked Black 2 from Ebay it stated it comes with unlocked legendaries all starters and shineys, but where would I find them? They arent in someones PC.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 16th, 2013 (08:17 PM).
PONPONPON
Crystal Tier

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by billyjoseph:
I bought an unlocked Black 2 from Ebay it stated it comes with unlocked legendaries all starters and shineys, but where would I find them? They arent in someones PC.
Unfortunately it sounds like you got scammed. In addition, even if they were there, they probably would have been hacked in with illegitimate methods anyhow. It sounds like you bought a normal copy for more than you should have :( Try taking it up with the seller, though seeing as how they deal in shady things I doubt you'll get any sort of resolution :(

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old June 19th, 2013 (09:48 AM).

I am slowly getting ahold of all the new stuff, as I said the last Pokemon game I really played was Blue.

I would really like to find a way to get the original 151 Pokemon from Gen I, but my understanding is that they aren't in Black 2. I thought I read somewhere that you could use the GTS to trade for Pokemon that you haven't seen in Black 2, but so far this isn't the case.

How do I "see" the original Pokemon if they aren't in the game so that I may trade for them? Also, seems like a lot has changed since 1999... You can breed now? Any general tips for basically a fresh, new, player?

Oh and, how do you avoid "hacked" Pokemon? I would like to stay as legit as possible.
Old June 19th, 2013 (09:57 AM).
ModeratorCS

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
I would really like to find a way to get the original 151 Pokemon from Gen I, but my understanding is that they aren't in Black 2.
Not necessarily. Not all of the original 151 are in the regional Dex, but some of them are in Black 2. You'll have to beat Iris (the champion) in order to get all 151 Pokémon into the game.

Quote:
I thought I read somewhere that you could use the GTS to trade for Pokemon that you haven't seen in Black 2, but so far this isn't the case.
You can use the GTS, or any other way to trade!

Quote:
How do I "see" the original Pokemon if they aren't in the game so that I may trade for them?
Like I said above, there are some of the originals in game already, but to unlock them all you need to get the national Pokédex.

Quote:
Also, seems like a lot has changed since 1999... You can breed now? Any general tips for basically a fresh, new, player?
Ditto is universal and can breed anything (except for legendaries and some others in the no-egg group). However, you cannot get a female Pokémon out of a male bred with Ditto, because Ditto is genderless.

Quote:
Oh and, how do you avoid "hacked" Pokemon? I would like to stay as legit as possible.
Typically, you cannot put "hacked" Pokémon on the GTS (correct if wrong, please!).. but just hope that you are receiving a legit Pokémon. There are also events on occasion where you can grab special Pokémon from Nintendo.

Hopefully that answers your questions!
Old June 19th, 2013 (10:06 AM).

Just to clarify, once you bear Iris or whoever you get a National Pokedex... and through that you'll have "seen" all the Pokemon, therefore you'll be able to "seek" them on the GTS?

What can you do after the game is beat? I would like to have a epic journey with the original Pokemon... I don't see a point in grabbing them if there's nothing to do after the game. I want my Abra, Bulbasaur, and Pikachu back. :-(
Old June 19th, 2013 (10:13 AM).
ModeratorCS

Nature: Jolly
Unfortunately, the Pokémon have to be registered as seen in your Pokédex before you can search them on the GTS

After the game is beat, you can explore areas of Unova that were blocked off before you defeated the champion, and capture more Pokémon.
Old June 19th, 2013 (10:52 AM).
The Kitten Pokémon
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
You can still trade with friends to get Pokemon you haven't "seen" in the game. If you don't know anyone personally, you can search for someone here on PC on the trading subforums. There's also the Negotiations mode on the GTS, where you're connected with a random person from all over the world, and you both show the Pokemon you want to trade and then chose from each other's Pokemon.

Now, I can't give you any tips, since technically you've been playing Pokemon for a longer time than I have, but what I can say is that I've started playing Pokemon with White version, and it's very newbie friendly, so I'm sure you'll get the hang of it really easily
Old June 19th, 2013 (11:11 AM).
Spheal Hacking Administrator

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by DTACBLF:
Just to clarify, once you bear Iris or whoever you get a National Pokedex... and through that you'll have "seen" all the Pokemon, therefore you'll be able to "seek" them on the GTS?

What can you do after the game is beat? I would like to have a epic journey with the original Pokemon... I don't see a point in grabbing them if there's nothing to do after the game. I want my Abra, Bulbasaur, and Pikachu back. :-(
There is a ton to do post-game. For battling there is the PWT, Black Tower/White Treehollow, and the Battle Subway. For funsies stuff, there is Pokestar and the musicals. You can also build up your Join Avenue.
Not to mention there are a lot of areas to explore! I have about 300 hours put into the game and I still haven't done everything.

As far as the Pokemon go, your best bet for legit trades is to use the Negotiations system. A lot of the times, it is inhelpful so you can try the Quick Trade thread in PCs Trade Corner. Although, I do recommend using Pokemon you haven't used before. There are almost 500 new ones since Red/Blue so it would do you good to be familiar with them if you intend to tackle the challenging stuff post-game!

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)