The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 19th, 2013, 11:16 AM
DTACBLF
Unhatched Egg

Yeah, so far I am really enjoying my time with Black 2. I just beat the big person and started my own strip mall, apparently. Things have changed since middle school...

Nope! Don't know anyone who plays personally anymore, and every time I try negotiations they seem to break down fairly quick. Is there some way I could convey to the other person that I am looking for Gen I Pokemon? I tried tapping it out in morse code with the ! sign, but I don't think they liked it.
Old June 19th, 2013, 11:28 AM
MIAU
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTACBLF View Post
Nope! Don't know anyone who plays personally anymore, and every time I try negotiations they seem to break down fairly quick. Is there some way I could convey to the other person that I am looking for Gen I Pokemon? I tried tapping it out in morse code with the ! sign, but I don't think they liked it.
Haha, yeah, I think that would confuse me as well. Anyway, I forgot to mention the Dream World in my previous post, there you can find many Pokemon that aren't in the game. You'll need WiFi to sync your save file though, but it's really easy and fun
Old June 19th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
You can try being clever with phrases. You edit those through your trainer card. Most people don't pick up on what you want exactly still.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old June 22nd, 2013, 05:12 PM
pokenerdmania

Nature: Calm
Hi guys, I just got pokemon black and black 2 a few weeks ago, however there are pokemon you can only catch during events (or an Action Replay code) like Victini. but I heard Nintendo cracked down on their firmware, blocking the A.R. codes. is this true?
Old June 23rd, 2013, 06:22 AM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
Unfortunately, it is. All Event Pokemon are released on certain games and in certain parts of the world. In addition they have an expiry date too. At the moment there are no event Pokemon for us to get sadly.
Old June 23rd, 2013, 03:53 PM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

is there any way to get Rare Candies besides finding some on the floor? Like the ones we get at the Pokeathlon and the Battle City in HG/SS.
Old June 23rd, 2013, 05:48 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilJz1234 View Post
is there any way to get Rare Candies besides finding some on the floor? Like the ones we get at the Pokeathlon and the Battle City in HG/SS.
You sometimes get Rare Candies from Pokémon with the Pickup ability. They can also be bought at the Pokémon World Tournament and the Battle Subway for 48 BP.

Old June 23rd, 2013, 06:31 PM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

That's the only way to get Rare Candies in the game?
Old June 23rd, 2013, 08:29 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Also, in B2/W2 they can be obtained through Join Avenue's Raffle Shops. It's entirely luck-based though. And they can also be a possible Area 6-10 reward in White Treehollow and Black Tower.

Paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

Old June 24th, 2013, 10:06 AM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

Aw... I don't have B2W2 :-(
So that means getting Rare Candies in BW is harder?
Old June 24th, 2013, 10:20 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilJz1234 View Post
Aw... I don't have B2W2 :-(
So that means getting Rare Candies in BW is harder?
Yeah. Getting Rare Candies in B2W2 is to any of the Pokémon games relatively easy.
Old June 24th, 2013, 11:44 PM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

Ah, okay thanks. Gonna be such a pain to get some Rare Candies. Ugh >.<
Old July 5th, 2013, 11:33 PM
Orwell

I didn't see this as a don't ask in the first post, so I hope I'm not breaking any rules? I have two systems, DSi and a 3DS, with Pokemon Black. How can I connect to online to trade, battle etc etc? It says I need to configure my connection settings, but they are configured. I have gotten a whole lot of mixed answered concerning this issue from Nintendo and other players. I have been told all the systems and all the games can only use WEP security to connect, but I also was told that isn't the case if you play Pokemon Black on a newer system like 3DS. I would really like to connect and play since I haven't been able to since I got my systems/games. Any help? Thanks!
Old July 24th, 2013, 02:04 PM
ben96atkinson
Pokémon Spiral

Nature: Relaxed
So I have fairly poor Internet, and I have been online to battle only 4 to 5 times, but every time, except once my Internet screws up and disconnects, and my opponent will get the display to me 'rage quitting' even when they are in one Pokémon, this happened again today and its bugging me because I'm not aloud another battle for an hour, the only other time my game didn't disconnect was when I was winning and the other player disconnected...

What can I do? Will I be permanently disqualified if my Internet keeps this up? The only consequence I have suffered is an hour without a battle...

Thanks!
Old July 24th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwell View Post
I didn't see this as a don't ask in the first post, so I hope I'm not breaking any rules? I have two systems, DSi and a 3DS, with Pokemon Black. How can I connect to online to trade, battle etc etc? It says I need to configure my connection settings, but they are configured. I have gotten a whole lot of mixed answered concerning this issue from Nintendo and other players. I have been told all the systems and all the games can only use WEP security to connect, but I also was told that isn't the case if you play Pokemon Black on a newer system like 3DS. I would really like to connect and play since I haven't been able to since I got my systems/games. Any help? Thanks!
The 3DS has two internet settings that you have to enable. First is the 3DS's prinmary internet and the second is the DS function internet that allows DS games to go online. All I can say is do exactly what your manual says to do since I cannot physically see what you are doing. Either way if you do it correctly you will have internet access. I'm sure someone can post all the needed steps for you, but these are all, as I said, in the manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben96atkinson View Post
So I have fairly poor Internet, and I have been online to battle only 4 to 5 times, but every time, except once my Internet screws up and disconnects, and my opponent will get the display to me 'rage quitting' even when they are in one Pokémon, this happened again today and its bugging me because I'm not aloud another battle for an hour, the only other time my game didn't disconnect was when I was winning and the other player disconnected...

What can I do? Will I be permanently disqualified if my Internet keeps this up? The only consequence I have suffered is an hour without a battle...

Thanks!
Only thing you can do is find a stable internet source to battle. Unless you plan to go out and buy a new internet router or join with a new company there is nothing you can do other than maybe going to a McDonalds or Starbucks where internet is free.
Old July 26th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Ok to clear things up: Pokémon Black and White, and their sequels Black 2 and White 2, are DSi enhanced games. They benefit from certain DSi enhancements (better performance) and can access the internet using WPA encryption, unlike the non-enhanced games.

The 3DS plays all DSi-enhanced games as if they were being played on a DSi. Therefore, you can use WPA connection with BW or BW2 and a 3DS. In the case of the DSi and 3DS, you must configure the internet settings in the Config menu in either console. If there's an active wireless signal point, the console will detect it and allow you to link to it. After the connection is established, you should be able to connect to Nintendo WFC in-game and battle/trade online.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 08:12 PM
S7Kid

Okay so, here's the thing. I want an Aerodactyl with Stealth Rock in Gen V. Since he can't learn it by leveling up and the TM76 was replaced with another one (As far as I know) in this generation, can I actually like, teach him Stealth Rock in Gen IV and then transfer it to Gen V with Stealth Rock learned?
Old August 2nd, 2013, 09:04 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by S7Kid View Post
Okay so, here's the thing. I want an Aerodactyl with Stealth Rock in Gen V. Since he can't learn it by leveling up and the TM76 was replaced with another one (As far as I know) in this generation, can I actually like, teach him Stealth Rock in Gen IV and then transfer it to Gen V with Stealth Rock learned?
Of course. The only moves you can't teach him before transferring are HM moves.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Old August 3rd, 2013, 12:50 AM
MIAU
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by S7Kid View Post
He also learns it from the Move Tutors in B2/W2, so you can trade it to someone with one of those games and then trade it back. The only downside is that it'll cost that person 10 Green Shards.
Old August 3rd, 2013, 05:20 AM
S7Kid

Perfect, so it can be done. Thank you for such quick response guys
Old August 5th, 2013, 02:05 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Hope this is the right spot for this question, but here goes: Why does bulba say that the events coming up will be available at EB games in the Netherlands if there is no EB games store there?
My Thread Review ---> HERE
Old August 5th, 2013, 02:09 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbapedia
Shiny Creation trio

These Pokémon will be distributed at GameStop stores in the United States, EB Games stores in Australia and Canada, participating stores in Belgium, the Netherlands and Portugal, JB Hi-Fi stores in New Zeland, and GAME stores in the United Kingdom.
I think you just read it wrong, EB Games is for Australia and Canada.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old August 5th, 2013, 02:22 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabor62 View Post
I think you just read it wrong, EB Games is for Australia and Canada.
Didn't read it wrong, here's what it says: Belgium, Canada, New Zealand, the Netherlands, Portugal, and the United Kingdom
And here is the link:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...ation_V#Dialga
My Thread Review ---> HERE
Old August 5th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Libra
I ain't insane, the world is just too serious...

Well i also took a attempt to read it, and i honestly have to agree with tabor... It clearly says participating stores in Belgium, the Netherlands and Portugal, so it can be any store in these countries.

Paired to Supernova
Mod of Video Games
Sig by Aquacorde
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me

Last edited by Libra; August 5th, 2013 at 02:26 PM. Reason: New Zeland... is that even a country xD
Old August 5th, 2013, 02:29 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~RNC~ View Post
Didn't read it wrong, here's what it says: Belgium, Canada, New Zealand, the Netherlands, Portugal, and the United Kingdom
And here is the link:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...ation_V#Dialga
That's just a list of what countries you can get it in. The main description is above the Pokemon underneath the event name. That's the description that tells you what stores you can get it in.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowExcadrill
Last edited by ShadowExcadrill; Today at 03:26 PM. Reason: New Zeland... is that even a country xD
Also a bit off topic, but yes, New Zealand is a country: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Zealand

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links