Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page B W Quick Questions

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread

Old March 19th, 2011 (10:19 AM). Edited March 19th, 2011 by Superjub.
Pokémon Aureolin
Crystal Tier

Nature: Timid
On Marvelous Bridge, does anyone know why the girl disappears? I'm guessing there is some significance, and it's not just Game Freak thinking "let's add a random disappearing girl to the game!!!" Then again, there was the Old Chateau in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, but they were ghostrs so it made sense... kind of. If it helps, I'm playing Pokemon Black.

Never mind, it is just another ghost. Silly me.
Old March 19th, 2011 (10:41 AM).
Bluemoon

Nature: Calm
Ok I am playing pokemom white and i already caught Thundurus... and now i want to get torneos.. is there any way I can record him in a game without catching him?
Like when you plyed firered and leaf green the old man in S.S Anne showed you a picture of a Snorlax so you can record it in your pokedex... or in diamond or pearl when you went to the pokemon mansion and saw Manaphy's picture so you can record it in your pokedex/
Please help!!!!
Old March 19th, 2011 (10:54 AM).
Tyranitar King

Nature: Relaxed
Does anyone know of items held by wild pokemon thats worth stealing and selling i have a gothitelle with frisk and thief but no clue of what to look for i know garbodor have nugget but very low chance. Is there anything else that might not but as rare to get and decent sale price i need money.

Tyranitar

Royalty and Loyalty!!
It never fails!!
Old March 19th, 2011 (10:57 AM). Edited March 19th, 2011 by Sary.
Breeder, trader and fighter

Nature: Naughty
Lunatone has 5% chance to drop a Comet Shard and you can sell for 60.000 to the maniac

Comet Shard
held by Clefairy, Clefable, Cleffa, Lunatone, and Solrock (Dream World)

QUESTION:
How do you slide/open the stone in the second floor of the ruins? The ones you need HM DIVE to get into

Edit: Found the answer by googling a bit, you actually need to use FLASH to open that stone, and then you need to use strength for the last stone, at second floor, to go to the third floor
Old March 19th, 2011 (10:59 AM).

Anyone know if gible will learn outrage with a heart scale in pokemon B&W? And what would I have to breed to get a male gible? Male dragonite x female garchomp or male garchomp x female dragonite? I bred a male garchomp to a female dratini and 5 dratini hatched instead of gible and I was like WTF.. O.o
Old March 19th, 2011 (11:01 AM).

Quote originally posted by Retribution:
On Marvelous Bridge, does anyone know why the girl disappears? I'm guessing there is some significance, and it's not just Game Freak thinking "let's add a random disappearing girl to the game!!!" Then again, there was the Old Chateau in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, but they were ghostrs so it made sense... kind of. If it helps, I'm playing Pokemon Black.

Never mind, it is just another ghost. Silly me.
In the building nearby a lady says that there's a girl around here that likes playing with her abra. That's probably the girl and she might've used it to teleport away.

FC:3567-3910-8700
Old March 19th, 2011 (11:11 AM).
i br33d f0r joo

Okay breeding 101. The female of the two will give the species, while the male of the two will give the moves. So you have to have a male Dragonite that knows Outrage and a female Garchomp/Gabite/Gible. When you breed them you will get a Gible (due to the female being Garchomp), that knows Outrage, (Because outrage is one of Gible's egg moves, and Dragonite is the male, providing the moves).
Old March 19th, 2011 (11:14 AM).
Tyranitar King

Nature: Relaxed
thanks for the comet shard tip but I still havent beat N i really didnt give the game much thought until i started battling the elite four and it was too late so i need money to get tms and supplies so i need stuff before elite four lol.

Tyranitar

Royalty and Loyalty!!
It never fails!!
Old March 19th, 2011 (11:44 AM). Edited March 19th, 2011 by Sary.
Breeder, trader and fighter

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by Tyranitar042:
thanks for the comet shard tip but I still havent beat N i really didnt give the game much thought until i started battling the elite four and it was too late so i need money to get tms and supplies so i need stuff before elite four lol.

Then I would suggest you get 6 Lillipup with Pickup ability, and walk a lot, check the items they pick up.

I would say it's faster and more reliable to get nuggets/whatever for money than stealing items from other pokemon
Old March 19th, 2011 (12:19 PM).
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
So, today I finally bought Pokemon Black at a local store. Actually, it was Pokemon Schwarze, a German version of Pokemon Black. The clerk there told me that the game was multilingual and that I can play the game in English although the box and everything is in German.

Now that I started playing it, I feel more and more like I got ripped off by the clerk. I don't find the language selection option anywhere and my DS's language settings are English.

Please tell me I can change the language to English...!
Old March 19th, 2011 (12:28 PM).
Hear Me Roar
Silver Tier

Nature: Bold
Umm yeah you got ripped off there is no Language selection in Pokemon so either take it back or learn German.
Old March 19th, 2011 (01:02 PM).
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Nature: Brave
The only game I know of that auto-translates to English/French/etc. are the DS Zelda games.

And Ubisoft games, of course.

Other than that, you need language-specific versions. Black/White take up a lot of data just for one language; asking for multiple on one cartridge is too much. Kinda like how Lost Odyssey on 360 should've easily been 2 discs, but all the languages made it four.

Just a heads up for next time. Multilingual games will say it on the cover or on the back - and not just "Booklets in x & y language" but actually a tag that says "Game is in x & y language"

Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
"My scar makes me sassy, child!"
The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
The French Club
Old March 19th, 2011 (01:11 PM).
Shandera'd

Nature: Jolly
erm, where do you find out when your pkm is fully finished EV training ?
Like the Ribbon thingy ?
Old March 19th, 2011 (02:18 PM).
Hear Me Roar
Silver Tier

Opelucid City the house above the Pokecenter there is a girl who will tell you though she will not give you a Ribbon she will just say it put in a great effort.
Old March 19th, 2011 (02:31 PM).
Feraligatr Master

Nature: Lax
I'm stuck in the electric cave...
The part when you have to go find N and the professor and Bianca block your path.
I got around them somehow jumping a ledge. Now I can't get passed them. Please don't tell me I have to restart the game...

My sub
Old March 19th, 2011 (02:40 PM).
tragedy
Crystal Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Quote originally posted by GaXeL:
The part when you have to go find N and the professor and Bianca block your path.
I got around them somehow jumping a ledge. Now I can't get passed them. Please don't tell me I have to restart the game...
Interesting. I don't think I've reached the point you are at in the game, but this Help thread will get answers for you rather than a new thread outside of this sticky. ;)

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old March 19th, 2011 (02:44 PM).
I'll always be an Outsider.
Silver Tier

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to solarowl
I've gotten passed that. Have you tried pushing those floating Blue stones? I'm not clear where you are.
Old March 19th, 2011 (02:58 PM).
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by GaXeL:
Although you know about pushing the stones, make sure you push them towards the giant blue rocks that attract electricity, and I'm with the others, I have no idea where you are in the cave...
Old March 19th, 2011 (03:02 PM).

There seems to be a problem with my C-Gear. It was working fine before, but now, when I try to do anything with the C-Gear, like, for example, the "Friend Code" option, it won't let me do it. Instead, after saving, it goes into an seemingly endless black screen, with music still playing.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Is there a solution and/or a fix to my problem?

Thank you in advance!
Old March 19th, 2011 (03:15 PM).
sup brah?

Nature: Docile
Send a message via AIM to Lexxy Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lexxy Send a message via Skype™ to Lexxy
Does the C-gear connection with Wifi make the DSi battery drain faster?
I feel like I'm constantly having to plug in my DSi

FionaPaladinApple Cake
Old March 19th, 2011 (03:17 PM).
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Nature: Brave
@ GaXeL

Between the wall and Bianca, there should be a walkable space.

Question:

Other than Japanese Ditto + English Pokemon method, is there any other way to find a shiny Pokemon fast *.* or is it just hit&miss in the grass.

Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
"My scar makes me sassy, child!"
The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
The French Club
Old March 19th, 2011 (03:21 PM).
Hear Me Roar
Silver Tier

@GaXeL
Here maybe this can help you.
http://www.psypokes.com/bw/walkthrough.php?part=6

@Yusshin
as far as I know there is just the Masuda Method and random encounters although the double grass does allow you to see more pokemon faster so maybe you should hunt there.
Old March 19th, 2011 (03:34 PM).
I'll always be an Outsider.
Silver Tier

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to solarowl
When I turn on my C-Gear and play Black or White, there are 3 connection bars, meaning there is a good Wi-fi connection. But when I try to go in the Wi-fi club or GTS, I don't get any connection. I have to move closer towards my router and then I get good connection. Am I the only one with this problem?
Old March 19th, 2011 (04:26 PM).
Been Playing Since Pokemon Red

I know the dream world isn't out till the 30th, but I was planning on catching a female Torcjic in the dream world and keep breeding it till I got a Shiny Torchic with the ability Speed Boost with good IV's, but now I seen somewhere that Japan was supposedly only able to get male starter pokemon with dream world abilities is this true, and if so do you think it will be the same in the United States?

Pokemon Heart Gold Friend Code: 3610-0342-1733
Pokemon White Friend Code:
0862-2788-5697

Old March 19th, 2011 (06:31 PM).

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Tyranitar042:

On driftveil drawbridge and marvelous bridge there are occasionally shadows on the ground and if you walk into them they will give you one of 7 wings or a pokemon battle. All wings are worth 1500 except pretty wings which are only 100. These are usually used for EV training but can also be used to make some quick money as they appear pretty often.

Sponsored Links