Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 21st, 2011 (12:19 AM).
|Torch|
Fire Trainer!

Nature: Serious
so is the 1/1000 chance with breeding a japanese pokemon with a american pokemon the statistic for a shiny?! in Gen V or what would it be?!
Old March 21st, 2011 (12:33 AM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote originally posted by |Torch|:
so is the 1/1000 chance with breeding a japanese pokemon with a american pokemon the statistic for a shiny?! in Gen V or what would it be?!
It doesn't necessarily have to be American and Japanese but breeding two Pokemon from different languages gives you a 1/2048 of getting a shiny.
Old March 21st, 2011 (12:33 AM).
xiknivesix
Beginning Trainer

I was wondering will this pokemon GL have a protection against players who used Action replay. I dont like the ideas where players cheat to increase their pokemon stats.
Old March 21st, 2011 (12:35 AM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I decided in this game I would try to EV train Pokemon and make an attempt at the metagame, but I've never done it before. I've been trying to read up on it, and wanted to make sure I was doing this right before I began.

So if I want 255 in two random stats for a Pokemon, is this right? I go train my Pokemon on the one that Serebii says gives the stats, then once it gains every EV, I can Audino grind to get it to level 100. Not like I have instant access to rare candies or anything, and I'll probably be exp. sharing it until I get it high enough to not be required to.
Old March 21st, 2011 (12:37 AM).
Forever
let it go

Quote originally posted by xiknivesix:
I was wondering will this pokemon GL have a protection against players who used Action replay. I dont like the ideas where players cheat to increase their pokemon stats.
I'm not really sure - I don't think they can control that, but I merged with Simple Questions to see if someone can give you a straight answer. :)
Old March 21st, 2011 (01:10 AM).
moon_light
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by dragonomega:

Actually I think it's changed in this game, I was ev'ing my Meinshao (Or however you spell it) and his stats were going up each time I received Ev points, I think it adds on when you defeat the Pokemon, cause when he leveled up he only got +3 in speed. \:

Ev reducing berries are only from the Dream World or cheating.
yeah in BW stats are recalculated at the end of every battle, NOT during level up. But I think I've killed at least 100 roggenrola by now and stats only went up by 1 defense the entire time, so I don't know what the problem is D:

and repeating my previous question: does the EV multiplying effect last after pokerus goes away?
Old March 21st, 2011 (01:12 AM).
Kendosis
Gym Leader

Quote originally posted by xiknivesix:
Yes there will be protection against cheaters. Although players may be able to still use AR to alter their Pokemon they will not be able to use them online or interact with any other players with the edited Pokemon.

オノノクス
Haxorus
Old March 21st, 2011 (02:45 AM).
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
I've been looking for TM26 for ages now, serebii says its on the first floor of the relic castle as soon as you enter but I can't seem to find it. I've check through places like where volcarona is but I still can't find it. :(

Old March 21st, 2011 (02:57 AM).
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Mew~:
I've been looking for TM26 for ages now, serebii says its on the first floor of the relic castle as soon as you enter but I can't seem to find it. I've check through places like where volcarona is but I still can't find it. :(
Go on the way to Volcarona and go in different rooms you will reach a pathway that goes to some stairs. Once you reach the top you find Earthquake.
Old March 21st, 2011 (03:03 AM).
Dominiku
Beginning Trainer

So I will be living in Japan for another few months before moving back to the UK, but after a nostalgia trip I want to play pokemon again. There are loads of questions re: region compatibility in the FAQ, but they don't answer my specific question:

if I use a compatible DS system (Japanese DSi or UK DS) with a Japanese version of the game, BUT I PLAY IN THE UK, can I do everything I normally could?

i saw there were cross-generation language limitations, but can my japanese black/white trade with an english black/ white? i also want to take full advantage of wifi connectivity, will that still be okay?

thanks!
Old March 21st, 2011 (03:06 AM).
Forever
let it go

Quote originally posted by Dominiku:
So I will be living in Japan for another few months before moving back to the UK, but after a nostalgia trip I want to play pokemon again. There are loads of questions re: region compatibility in the FAQ, but they don't answer my specific question:

if I use a compatible DS system (Japanese DSi or UK DS) with a Japanese version of the game, BUT I PLAY IN THE UK, can I do everything I normally could?

i saw there were cross-generation language limitations, but can my japanese black/white trade with an english black/ white? i also want to take full advantage of wifi connectivity, will that still be okay?

thanks!
Merged with Simple Questions. I know the Japanese versions can trade with the English versions, butttt not too sure about the top one, so leaving that for someone else to answer.
Old March 21st, 2011 (03:10 AM).
Dominiku
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by Forever:

Merged with Simple Questions. I know the Japanese versions can trade with the English versions, butttt not too sure about the top one, so leaving that for someone else to answer.
ah okay, thank you! if they can interact between DSs my hopes are high
Old March 21st, 2011 (03:29 AM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Dominiku:

thanks!
I Wi-Fi trade with people from all over the world, including Japan with Japanese names, so you'll be fine.
Old March 21st, 2011 (03:51 AM).
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Hello, I was wondering how I get people from a Black City in my White Forest. I've used the Entralink with my Pokemon Black game but none have appeared in my White Forest. I have finished the Pokemon League in both games and have gone to both places if that matters.

Thanks in advance.
Old March 21st, 2011 (04:10 AM).
Dominiku
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by Toujours:
I Wi-Fi trade with people from all over the world, including Japan with Japanese names, so you'll be fine.
It might be that the japanese players, playing from japan, have some sort of slightly different connectivity which their game is configured for so i won't be able to use it in the uk. But if i can trade between the different games with 2 DSs as Forever said, if worse comes to worst i can just buy an english copy later. Thanks!
Old March 21st, 2011 (08:30 AM).
xiknivesix
Beginning Trainer

I just hope the network will figure out if players are using action replay to maxout stats, and punish them by turning their pokemon to "bad eggs"
Old March 21st, 2011 (08:32 AM).
AyameHikaru
Beauty Queen

Nature: Impish
@vaporeon: Actually, they don't. They changed things with Black & White. Instead of making 4 RNG calls for international breeding, it now makes SIX. So the chances hae gone from 4/8192 (1/2048) to 6/8192, or ~1/1366.

@Toujour: That's correct, but you don't want 255 in two stats. The most stat boosts that can be on one stat is 63 point, or 252 EVs. So if you put those extra 3 on two already maxed out stats it's a waste. Instead, you can put 252 in 2 stats, and 6 in another.

@Moon_light: It does. Active Pokerus only means that it can be transferred. once it switches to passive Pokerus (smiley face) it can't be transferred. But any Pokemon with EITHER version of Pokerus gets the EV boost.

@Dominiku: Yes, nothing changes. I've been playing my Japanese White in America, and I've done Entralink stuff (even with English games), gotten on the Dream World, gotten Wi-fi events, etc. The only difference will be whether or not you read Japanese.

@Vaporeon again: Go to the Entralink. Take a misson you don't mind failing, but one that has a big time limit. Warp to the player's White Forest. (It has to be the opposite game from you!) There should be NPCs you can talk to there. Talk to them and they'll warp to your game.
Ultimate Fire Type Challenge: Johto, 10 Badges
Lyrics Challenge: Kanto, 1 Badge
Nuzlocke Challenge: Kanto, 0 Badges
Monochrome Challenge: Hoenn, 5 Badges
Old March 21st, 2011 (08:33 AM).
blue eyes white dragon
oh

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to blue eyes white dragon
Not complaining about this but why can we use TM's more than once now? It's cool but curious why.
Old March 21st, 2011 (09:02 AM).
Midnight Beat
elit resu motsuc

Quote originally posted by moon_light:
and repeating my previous question: does the EV multiplying effect last after pokerus goes away?
Yes. Once they lose the pkrs status they still get the extra EVs, they just cannot pass the pokerus on to other pokemon in your party or PC.

<<--Life isn’t measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away- Unknown-->>
Old March 21st, 2011 (09:21 AM).
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Quote originally posted by blue eyes white dragon:
Not complaining about this but why can we use TM's more than once now? It's cool but curious why.
Having TMs reusable is just another addition for Black and White. I'm guessing GameFreak realized how annoying it may have been to continue buying the TMs in the game or trading for the same one you've already used once. I find this quite helpful now, anyway. xD;

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old March 21st, 2011 (10:07 AM).
l3m0np0p
Beginning Trainer

Hi guys,
so i havent bought either one yet, and was wondering what your opinions are.
I was wondering which one would be best for competitive playing, and what starter is looking to be the best.
Thanks
Old March 21st, 2011 (10:25 AM).
Kendosis
Gym Leader

Quick Question: Do you have to catch dream world Pokemon in a dream ball ?

I hope not, I find it ugly lol.

オノノクス
Haxorus
Old March 21st, 2011 (10:36 AM).
Sora
The Idealist Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Quote originally posted by l3m0np0p:
Hi guys,
so i havent bought either one yet, and was wondering what your opinions are.
I was wondering which one would be best for competitive playing, and what starter is looking to be the best.
Thanks
As far as I know, Black would be better for competitive play, because you have Black City. Thus, more trainers to EV train on (I heard there are a lot of good ones). As for starter, a lot of people say Samurott is the best of the three (though it's outclassed by some of the other water starters like Swampert), but I'll let someone who knows the more competitive side of B/W answer that question.

Not sure about Dream World.

your emotion will always be
my companion
Old March 21st, 2011 (12:28 PM).
DarkVhozon
Steel/Dragon Master

What is the reason for White Forest/Black City having no pokemon or trainers...I get there and the place is empty save for the house with the 2 Triple Battles, The Pokemon Center, and some random dude in the top right....Why is it like that.
Old March 21st, 2011 (01:05 PM).
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by DarkVhozon:
What is the reason for White Forest/Black City having no pokemon or trainers...I get there and the place is empty save for the house with the 2 Triple Battles, The Pokemon Center, and some random dude in the top right....Why is it like that.
You either messed around with your DS clock or never clicked on any of the people. The people in Black City and White Forest disappear after a while if you don't click on them.

Sponsored Links