The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 24th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Eurydice
`~♥Eury♥~'

Nature: Quiet

Advertise here
ok super stupid question here but when can u trade pokemon in the game. (not from d/p/pt/hg/ss but like white version to black) i just beat the first gym and it still wont let me.

also how do you change you trainer on wifi. i hate being a nurse

Pair

Last edited by Eurydice; March 24th, 2011 at 03:49 PM.
Old March 24th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Weavile05
Currently Hacking BW

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurydice View Post
ok super stupid question here but when can u trade pokemon in the game. (not from d/p/pt/hg/ss but like white version to black) i just beat the first gym and it still wont let me.

You have to get the Pal Pad first, I believe.

How do you get to Anville Town?

Hoenn, 1 Badge
My Youtube Channel: Check out my Pokemon Red Walkthrough
Pokemon White FC: 2322 5491 2643
Old March 24th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Oryx
open up your sea chart
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weavile05 View Post

Take the Brown Line in the Battle Subway in Nimbasa. Trainers come there to trade items on weekends.
Old March 24th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Pwnyta Jockey
Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!

This situation has happened to me several times:

When walking in the double grass with my first two Pokemon of similar level to the area (Pinwheel Forest, for example)...
...my first two Pokemon get KO'd at the same time in same turn (Razor Leaf, from Sewaddle/Swadloon)...
...basically, when that happened, I was either UNABLE to bring in a replacement Pokemon to battle for ANY of the sides let alone BOTH.

There a way to bring a pokemon into that bad situation or am I to just power off, power on, and continue from last save point?
Old March 24th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Gulpin
poisonous
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:

To add to the Pal Pad part, you get it right after the first gym from Fennel, who is the lady who invented the Dream World and was the one who sent you to get the Dream Mist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnyta Jockey View Post

When walking in the double grass with my first two Pokemon of similar level to the area (Pinwheel Forest, for example)...
...my first two Pokemon get KO'd at the same time in same turn (Razor Leaf, from Sewaddle/Swadloon)...
...basically, when that happened, I was either UNABLE to bring in a replacement Pokemon to battle for ANY of the sides let alone BOTH.

There a way to bring a pokemon into that bad situation or am I to just power off, power on, and continue from last save point?
I'm not really sure how to answer this. Could you elaborate? I'm kind of confused because I'm pretty sure this isn't possible. Where did you get your game?
Old March 24th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Notworking15
Wait...WHAT?!

Quote:

in a double encounter(trainer battle or otherwise), when a pokemon faints, you'll have to swap it out for another ready pokemon. to do this, simply switch in normally and then select the fainted pokemon. it should be swapped out

as for a personal question: is there a certain thread where you can show, suggest, and view battle videos from others around here?

Last edited by Notworking15; March 24th, 2011 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 24th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurydice View Post

I believe that's done by going to your trainer card and selecting a trainer class from the menu there.

@Notworking15: Contact one of the battle stadium mods; cause there doesn't seem to be.
Old March 24th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Pwnyta Jockey
Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deku View Post
I'm not really sure how to answer this. Could you elaborate? I'm kind of confused because I'm pretty sure this isn't possible. Where did you get your game?
Basically my problem was:

#1: my two Pokemon out in a Double Grass Double Battle fainted at same time.
#2: Reason? Combination of:
crit hit from Swadloon Razor Leaf + having Pokemon of similar level to the area (Swadloon 24, x2; my Sandile, 16 & Boldore 25)

As a wide target move, Razor Leaf can KO two Pokemon at once.
If i had lost one, or simply switched in a Grass resist/immune, there would have been less issue.
But I did neither on those few times it happened so far.

I have since learned my mistake and am doing what I can to bring in a resistant Pokemon when I can... when I am in Double Grass.
Old March 24th, 2011, 05:54 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
I think I know what the problem is actually - you might have to switch the position of your replacement Pokemon in your party screen to the top two places - ie in place of the fainted Pokemon when it asks you to send out more Pokemon. Something similar to that happened when I was doing a triple battle against a friend via IR.

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
Old March 24th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Oryx
open up your sea chart
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
I think I know what the problem is actually - you might have to switch the position of your replacement Pokemon in your party screen to the top two places - ie in place of the fainted Pokemon when it asks you to send out more Pokemon. Something similar to that happened when I was doing a triple battle against a friend via IR.
That would make absolute sense in a double/triple battle. It can matter where your Pokemon is, so it wants you to pick the spot that it should go into.
Old March 24th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Weavile05
Currently Hacking BW

Is there anything to do in Anville town besides get that Rare Candy?

Hoenn, 1 Badge
My Youtube Channel: Check out my Pokemon Red Walkthrough
Pokemon White FC: 2322 5491 2643
Old March 24th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Drekin
We all live in a...

Quote:
Is there anything to do in Anville town besides get that Rare Candy?
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/dailyevent.shtml
Scroll all the way to the bottom. The last 2 sections should answer your question.
Old March 24th, 2011, 08:18 PM
MXRider
Beginning Trainer

is there an easy way to find elekid in white? all i can find is rhyhorns in white forest
Old March 24th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Haberdasher
suffers from nostalgia

When you start a new game and pick your starter on B/W, can you tell from the sprite over the Poke Ball whether one is shiny (as in HG/SS), or do you have to choose one to tell (as in other games)? It's more or less irrelevant to me unless White goes on sale and until Gray comes out, but I'd like to know regardless.
Old March 24th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Aaron40

Hey,
When I caught a pokemon today it only wobbled once before I caught it and normally it wobbles three times can someone tell me why that is please
Old March 24th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron40 View Post
Hey,
When I casught a pokemon today it only wobbled once before I caught and normally it wobbles three times can someone tell me why please
That's called a critical capture, they're discussed here - which is where you'll probably get more information from :)
Old March 24th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Misheard Whisper
#1 Yancy fan
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Misheard Whisper
That's called a critical capture, and it has about the same chance of happening as a critical hit, although there is no way of boosting that chance as far as I know. Basically it means that if the Pokeball can shake once, it's caught, as opposed to three times like normal, which vastly increases your chance of catching the Pokemon. A friend of mine caught Kyurem in a regular red-and-white Pokeball like that. XD

EDIT: Oh look, ninja'd by someone else with a Skyla signature because my internet derped out before I could post.

Last edited by Misheard Whisper; March 24th, 2011 at 09:01 PM.
Old March 24th, 2011, 11:33 PM
moon_light
Beginning Trainer

do you gain exp or evs when battling in the battle subway?
I'm assuming no since I was told it works like the battle tower but I just wanted to make sure.
Old March 25th, 2011, 12:13 AM
Misheard Whisper
#1 Yancy fan
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Misheard Whisper
Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_light View Post
do you gain exp or evs when battling in the battle subway?
I'm assuming no since I was told it works like the battle tower but I just wanted to make sure.
Pretty sure you don't. No exp, at least, and EVs work the same as far as I am aware (ie they don't). If you can get EVs in there, well . . . it's news to me too.
Old March 25th, 2011, 12:18 AM
moon_light
Beginning Trainer

^ ok thanks, I guess they don't then

another quick question (lol I keep posting in this thread):
where do I go in BW to see if my EVs are maxed out?
Old March 25th, 2011, 03:37 AM
beca
◔_____◔
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to beca
Hey =]

Would anyone happen to have a map for Chargestone Cave? I'm so lost, I swear I've searched every part of it but can't seem to get out the other side o_o

EDIT - no need, done it! If anyone knows where to find other maps for other caves though, that would be lovely

HG Friend Code - 2838 0040 0210
Black Friend Code - 1120 0113 3618
X Friend Code - 0920 0825 2286

◔____◔

Last edited by beca; March 25th, 2011 at 03:45 AM.
Old March 25th, 2011, 03:45 AM
King Gumball
Haven't been here for ages...

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to King Gumball
Quote:
Originally Posted by beca View Post
Hey =]

Would anyone happen to have a map for Chargestone Cave? I'm so lost, I swear I've searched every part of it but can't seem to get out the other side o_o

Try PokeEarth on Serebii Net, it doesn't give a map, just screen shots, but I used it to navigate out of Chargestone, and am currently using PokeEarth to navigate out of Victory Road (well more to see what pokemon the trainers have).

Old March 25th, 2011, 06:16 AM
DayDreamer
Pokemon Gamer

Quote:
Basically my problem was:

#1: my two Pokemon out in a Double Grass Double Battle fainted at same time.
#2: Reason? Combination of:
crit hit from Swadloon Razor Leaf + having Pokemon of similar level to the area (Swadloon 24, x2; my Sandile, 16 & Boldore 25)
I've had this problem. Yes it's as bobandbill said. You need to switch the position of the fainted pokemon so that a pokemon that is alive is at the top screen.

@beca
Some of the stones can be moved in another direction. If you move them in the wrong direction you have to leave the map and do it again.

Last edited by DayDreamer; March 25th, 2011 at 06:17 AM. Reason: Grammar fix
Old March 25th, 2011, 06:25 AM
Gulpin
poisonous
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXRider View Post
is there an easy way to find elekid in white? all i can find is rhyhorns in white forest :(
The Pokemon you find in White Forest depeds on the trainers there, and to get more trainers you have to interact with other trainers through EntraLink, WiFi, or just Wireless. Talk to all of the trainers in White Forest, and if one of them is named Robbie you should be able to find Elekid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haberdasher View Post
When you start a new game and pick your starter on B/W, can you tell from the sprite over the Poke Ball whether one is shiny (as in HG/SS), or do you have to choose one to tell (as in other games)? It's more or less irrelevant to me unless White goes on sale and until Gray comes out, but I'd like to know regardless. :)
I'm pretty sure that you have to wait until you battle, but I'm not 100 percent possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_light View Post
^ ok thanks, I guess they don't then

another quick question (lol I keep posting in this thread):
where do I go in BW to see if my EVs are maxed out?
There is a girl in Opelucid City that will tell you. I'm not sure what house she is in but she is on the first floor.
Old March 25th, 2011, 06:35 AM
DayDreamer
Pokemon Gamer

So I keep seeing people have more than one leftovers in their b/w moveset teams. Is there a way to get more or did they hack/trade?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here