The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 27th, 2011, 06:46 PM
|Torch|
Fire Trainer!

Nature: Serious

Advertise here
ok cool ill just use the berry then thanks for the help!

Last edited by |Torch|; March 27th, 2011 at 06:58 PM.
Old March 27th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Cryptys
Vulpix/Ponyta Fanatic

Hi all,

I haven't seen this question yet, but I wasn't going to read through 36 pages of old questions.

I beat the main storyline and made it to White Forest, however I am only able to catch like 4 different pokemon in White Forest. I took my time on the storyline so I have several people in my forest (~8), but I keep getting the same 3 or 4 pokemon when I see that there are loads more available there according to bulbapedia.

Also, I read that you can invite people to visit your White Forest which makes more rare pokemon available for capture in your forest. Is there a thread on PC to invite people to your forest similar to quick trading thread? Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question.
Old March 27th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptys View Post
Hi all,

I haven't seen this question yet, but I wasn't going to read through 36 pages of old questions.

I beat the main storyline and made it to White Forest, however I am only able to catch like 4 different pokemon in White Forest. I took my time on the storyline so I have several people in my forest (~8), but I keep getting the same 3 or 4 pokemon when I see that there are loads more available there according to bulbapedia.

Also, I read that you can invite people to visit your White Forest which makes more rare pokemon available for capture in your forest. Is there a thread on PC to invite people to your forest similar to quick trading thread? Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question.
The only people that "count" as people are the ones with names. There are a few at least in my White Forest that aren't named,and don't make Pokemon show up. In the White Forest, every person corresponds to a Pokemon - for example, if you have Collin in your forest, then Abra will appear. Here's a list of all the Pokemon available, if you click each one it will tell you what person you need for that Pokemon to appear.

I can't answer your second question though, sorry.

Edit: Actually, I probably can: you can ONLY entralink if you're in wireless range, not over wi-fi, and you use Entralink to get people into your forest from another game. Therefore, unless PC members are cool meeting strangers just for Entralink in real life, I doubt there's a place to set that up on here.
Old March 27th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Cryptys
Vulpix/Ponyta Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post

Edit: Actually, I probably can: you can ONLY entralink if you're in wireless range, not over wi-fi, and you use Entralink to get people into your forest from another game. Therefore, unless PC members are cool meeting strangers just for Entralink in real life, I doubt there's a place to set that up on here.
So what I am reading is that if a certain trainer is not already in your White Forest you have to connect via entralink to some other person's DS to get that trainer. Does this mean that you will never get these pokemon unless you know someone in "real life" that has the game to connect with or buy both games yourself and have two dses?

If so, that seems like a horrible setup for a game with wi-fi. =(((((
Old March 27th, 2011, 09:00 PM
chaos56
Beginning Trainer

Lately I've been trying to collect Event Pokemon. I looked up Jirachi's event list and found the Wishmaker event listed(Serebii has everything lol). Two questions, one regarding Jirachi and the other Mew:

For Jirachi, I recieved a Shiny Wishmaker Jirachi in a trade a little while ago and it seems legit. But now I'm a little confused. When looking up Jirachi's info in the event list his ID is: "00001-01000". I assume this means its ID is anywhere within that range, and yet the one I have has an ID of 20043...or maybe I'm just reading this wrong? Can someone give me some insight on this?

And as for Mew, I got a Shiny Mew from Hoenn at lvl 30. It has all the moves for the Faraway Island setup, and its caught in a Masterball. Ok, fine. The issue is the OT for this one. Its OT is written in red. I thought red OT names are only event names...or am I wrong on this one too?

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, but would like to know what I have.
Old March 27th, 2011, 09:02 PM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Quote:
So what I am reading is that if a certain trainer is not already in your White Forest you have to connect via entralink to some other person's DS to get that trainer. Does this mean that you will never get these pokemon unless you know someone in "real life" that has the game to connect with or buy both games yourself and have two dses?

If so, that seems like a horrible setup for a game with wi-fi. =(((((
Yeah, unfortunately that's exactly how it works. You Entralink with someone, visit their Black City, and talk to people to convince them to come with you to White Forest. Also, you can have a maximum of 10 people there at once, so 10 different Pokemon, but there are 34 Pokemon available, so you have to Entralink multiple times to get all the ones available.
Old March 27th, 2011, 09:13 PM
wirbinspastic

Nature: Quirky
Can someone tell me a good level to battle the elite four at? Please don't tell me anything about their names, types, or pokemon as I like leaving that for a surprise. Just a good all around level for battling them. thanks
Old March 27th, 2011, 09:31 PM
King Gumball
Haven't been here for ages...

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to King Gumball
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirbinspastic View Post
Can someone tell me a good level to battle the elite four at? Please don't tell me anything about their names, types, or pokemon as I like leaving that for a surprise. Just a good all around level for battling them. thanks
Well any level really, they aren;t that hard. I beat them with my pokemon around lv 48.

You get a Zekrom/Reshiram to battle N and Ghetis with too, and you pokemon healed.

Old March 27th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Pokemon Master Derrville
Beginning Trainer

Were the legendaries supposed to be easy to catch cause I caught Zekrom with one Quick Ball.
Old March 27th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Master Derrville View Post
Were the legendaries supposed to be easy to catch cause I caught Zekrom with one Quick Ball.
Reshiram/Zekrom are easy to catch, yes, (I caught it on the second ball myself), with many people catching them with only one ball. This is so that you can move on in the story quickly most likely because you need to catch the legendary to complete the story.
Old March 27th, 2011, 10:17 PM
|Torch|
Fire Trainer!

Nature: Serious
Toujours
Boggle.

lol this goes out to you because your probably going to be able to answer this the quickest lol..

So exactually how many legendaries are there in Black not White Just Black?..

Basically my question is..

*how many legendaries can i capture in black?*

Thanks alot! for all the help!

:D
Old March 27th, 2011, 10:21 PM
beca
◔_____◔
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to beca
After a lot of messing around with my connection settings, I was finally given the "connection successful" message. However, upon trying to obtain Victini through Nintendo WFC, I received error code 20100. Nintendo's support website is completely useless - there is nothing interfering with the connection, and the modem is right next to me. Any suggestions? =/

HG Friend Code - 2838 0040 0210
Black Friend Code - 1120 0113 3618
X Friend Code - 0920 0825 2286

◔____◔
Old March 27th, 2011, 10:23 PM
Regeneration
meow
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Regeneration
Quote:
Originally Posted by |Torch| View Post
Toujours
Boggle.

lol this goes out to you because your probably going to be able to answer this the quickest lol..

Thundurus and Zekrom are the only two legendary Pokemon exclusive to Pokemon White, so you can't get them in Pokemon Black unless you're trading.
Old March 27th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Torch| View Post
Toujours
Boggle.

Adding onto the other post, the amount you can get is 7 (without trading as mentioned), including Victini as the wifi event. Genesect, Meloetta and Keldeo are all unconfirmed legendaries at the moment.

If you'd like to know their locations, check here from the FAQ!
Old March 27th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Cryptys
Vulpix/Ponyta Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirbinspastic View Post
I farmed to lvl 50 on all my top 8 pokemon for good measure. I'm sure you don't need to be that level but I knew I would be able to beat them (the first go round) that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beca View Post
After a lot of messing around with my connection settings, I was finally given the "connection successful" message. However, upon trying to obtain Victini through Nintendo WFC, I received error code 20100. Nintendo's support website is completely useless - there is nothing interfering with the connection, and the modem is right next to me. Any suggestions? =/
As a tech support guy, I will give you possible reasons you can double check for (although if you got "connection successful" most of these are probably not the problem:

Make sure you do not have MAC filtering enabled.
Be sure you are you using WEP encryption and put the correct key in your DS.
Be sure you have the correct connection selected on your DS (you can have 3 I believe and if you got "connection successful" this could be your problem.
When you try to connect to Nintendo WFC do you have bars representing a good connection in the top right corner? If not, you may not have typed everything in correctly.
Are you sure your Black/White game has not previously received Victini?

You're right that Nintendo's website is awful and unhelpful. The only reasonably helpful thing I found about the error on google was that your problem is somewhat common and was initially a "temporary" problem people were having when the game first came out.

Hope you figure it out. =\

Last edited by Cryptys; March 27th, 2011 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 28th, 2011, 12:14 AM
Misheard Whisper
#1 Yancy fan
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Misheard Whisper
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos56 View Post
Lately I've been trying to collect Event Pokemon. I looked up Jirachi's event list and found the Wishmaker event listed(Serebii has everything lol). Two questions, one regarding Jirachi and the other Mew:

For Jirachi, I recieved a Shiny Wishmaker Jirachi in a trade a little while ago and it seems legit. But now I'm a little confused. When looking up Jirachi's info in the event list his ID is: "00001-01000". I assume this means its ID is anywhere within that range, and yet the one I have has an ID of 20043...or maybe I'm just reading this wrong? Can someone give me some insight on this?

And as for Mew, I got a Shiny Mew from Hoenn at lvl 30. It has all the moves for the Faraway Island setup, and its caught in a Masterball. Ok, fine. The issue is the OT for this one. Its OT is written in red. I thought red OT names are only event names...or am I wrong on this one too?

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, but would like to know what I have.
Can't say anything about the Jirachi, but as for the Mew . . . red OT names are female OT names. I have several myself, being a female on many of my games.
Old March 28th, 2011, 01:17 AM
pokehunter87
Pokemon Breeder

hi,

how can you tell if a pokemon has been EV trained or not, do they just have higher stats than a non EV trained poke at the same level?

Future Wi-Fi Battle Team

Check my thread for what i have to offer;
Old March 28th, 2011, 01:22 AM
King Gumball
Haven't been here for ages...

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to King Gumball
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokehunter87 View Post
hi,

how can you tell if a pokemon has been EV trained or not, do they just have higher stats than a non EV trained poke at the same level?
To my knowledge you can't tell. Although if it has really good stats in certain stats then that could be a sign. But Iv's could be influencing that as well.

Old March 28th, 2011, 01:26 AM
Cryptys
Vulpix/Ponyta Fanatic

I recently was catching pokemon/grinding on route 14 using Serperior, and I used Coil multiple times vs a Drifblim. And some of the time my stat increase from Coil would sharply increase all 3 stats instead of only increase them. I checked bulbapedia and didn't see any information about a move like Coil "critting" or raising more than one stage. I also don't see any abilities b/w the two pokemon that would increase stat changes. What gives?
Old March 28th, 2011, 02:13 AM
Misheard Whisper
#1 Yancy fan
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Misheard Whisper
Quote:
I recently was catching pokemon/grinding on route 14 using Serperior, and I used Coil multiple times vs a Drifblim. And some of the time my stat increase from Coil would sharply increase all 3 stats instead of only increase them. I checked bulbapedia and didn't see any information about a move like Coil "critting" or raising more than one stage. I also don't see any abilities b/w the two pokemon that would increase stat changes. What gives?
My best guess is that you got hit by a move called Simple Beam. This move changes your Pokemon's ability to Simple, which doubles the effects of all stat-changing moves, which means if you Swords Dance, you get four attack levels instead of two, and if you get Leered, you lose two defense levels instead of one. This would work on Coil too, though I'm guessing it kinda backfired on the wild Pokemon using it.
Old March 28th, 2011, 02:15 AM
Cryptys
Vulpix/Ponyta Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misheard Whisper View Post
My best guess is that you got hit by a move called Simple Beam. This move changes your Pokemon's ability to Simple, which doubles the effects of all stat-changing moves, which means if you Swords Dance, you get four attack levels instead of two, and if you get Leered, you lose two defense levels instead of one. This would work on Coil too, though I'm guessing it kinda backfired on the wild Pokemon using it.
It's possible, but I don't think my coil was doubled every turn I used it. I used it about 4 or 5 times consecutively and it only sometimes doubled the gain. =\ Dunno what it was about.
Old March 28th, 2011, 03:26 AM
loveheartsxox
poke' fan for over 10 years

Nature: Adamant
It seems that everyone is rambling on about other things and not answering my question?
Old March 28th, 2011, 03:32 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveheartsxox View Post
It seems that everyone is rambling on about other things and not answering my question?
Just repost your question and see if someone answers it this time instead of mention how people are rambling :(
Old March 28th, 2011, 04:17 AM
pokehunter87
Pokemon Breeder

hello, quick question re: breeding shinies.

is it all just luck unless i cheat using AR or similar? im currently breeding a japanese drifblim with one i caught myself so is it just a matter of patience until i get a shiny drifloon?

Future Wi-Fi Battle Team

Check my thread for what i have to offer;
Old March 28th, 2011, 04:20 AM
Aaron40

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokehunter87 View Post
hello, quick question re: breeding shinies.

is it all just luck unless i cheat using AR or similar? im currently breeding a japanese drifblim with one i caught myself so is it just a matter of patience until i get a shiny drifloon?
it's all about luck so good luck

Sponsored Links

Advertise here