Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 28th, 2011 (07:10 AM).
kgoyo
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Jolly
Hey I got a question. I´ve read that for EV training attack in black and white I need to fight lilipups at route 1, but I think patrat also gives attack EV's
Is it okay for me to fight either of them or even swap between them during my EV training.
Old March 28th, 2011 (07:19 AM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by kgoyo:
Hey I got a question. I´ve read that for EV training attack in black and white I need to fight lilipups at route 1, but I think patrat also gives attack EV's
Is it okay for me to fight either of them or even swap between them during my EV training.
You're absolutely right, Patrat does also give attack EVs. It doesn't matter which one you fight, as long as you make sure that the Pokemon you're fighting gives the EVs you want. For future reference, if you're unsure on what EVs a Pokemon gives you, Serebii has that information on the Pokedex page. (:

So yeah, Lillipup and Patrat are the same for EV training, kill either one or both for one attack EV each.
Old March 28th, 2011 (07:56 AM).
DayDreamer
Pokemon Gamer

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by loveheartsxox:
It seems that everyone is rambling on about other things and not answering my question?
What nature is it? Personally I wouldn't EV train any pokemon if the nature doesn't match what I want.

EVs depend on your moveset and what you want it to do. Yes foul play and night slash are physical attacks which uses the attack stat, however foul play uses your opponents attack stat so it doesn't matter what your attack stat is.

I would pump sp.attack and speed. Get foul play and some other special attack moves.
Old March 28th, 2011 (08:28 AM).
Eleken
Geologist

Nature: Quirky
It is in BW something like effort ribbon? I want check if it my EV train complete.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=209640
My YT channel with battles (narrated):
http://www.youtube.com/user/lpoikk?feature=mhee

Old March 28th, 2011 (08:30 AM).
beca
◔_____◔
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to beca
I read a while ago that the Crown Beasts unlock something special in Black or White - has it been confirmed yet what happens?

HG Friend Code - 2838 0040 0210
Black Friend Code - 1120 0113 3618
X Friend Code - 0920 0825 2286

◔____◔
Old March 28th, 2011 (08:33 AM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by beca:
I read a while ago that the Crown Beasts unlock something special in Black or White - has it been confirmed yet what happens?
Crown Beasts being the Entei, Raikou, and Suicune recently given away? It allows you to catch a wild Zoroark. Similarly, the Celebi given away allows you to receive a Zorua in Black and White.
Old March 28th, 2011 (08:35 AM).
beca
◔_____◔
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to beca
Were they given away again then? xD
& I didn't even know about a Celebi event. When was that?
Thanks for the quick response =]

HG Friend Code - 2838 0040 0210
Black Friend Code - 1120 0113 3618
X Friend Code - 0920 0825 2286

◔____◔
Old March 28th, 2011 (08:54 AM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by beca:
Were they given away again then? xD
& I didn't even know about a Celebi event. When was that?
Thanks for the quick response =]
Celebi was a Gamestop giveaway from February 21 until March 7 this year. The dogs were given away a second time in February as well, in addition to the times in January that they were given out.

If you use the Transfer Machine (In Castelia I believe?) with any of the shiny dogs, you unlock an event that allows you to catch a Zoroark. Make sure to use that and not the normal transfer system or it won't work (:

And no problem, I'm just sitting in class not paying attention anyway, baha.
Old March 28th, 2011 (08:59 AM).
"Shadow Lugia"
Haven't used this in a while

I've had Black Version since its North American launch and have been playing it a ton without any problems. After getting the 3DS yesterday, I spent about 5 minutes trying out Black Version on it. Since then, however, all of the time based events have essentially stopped for me. I can't battle Cheren, I can't have my Pokemon get a daily massage, I can't fight the trainers in Black City, etc. Strangely enough, though, I can still battle 5 of the 8 trainers in Nimbasa's stadium (The 3 athletes and 2 double battles, but the last 3 trainers won't battle).

Since then I've tried playing the game on each of my 2 DSes and 3DS, moving the clock around, and just waiting for the date to change normally in hopes of the time events resetting themselves. Unfortunately, none of those have worked.

If any of you know how to fix this issue or have any ideas, I'd greatly appreciate your help.
Old March 28th, 2011 (09:13 AM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Have you tried setting your clock to 11:50 PM or so and waiting for the date to roll over to see if it worked? That's very strange.
Old March 28th, 2011 (09:29 AM).
"Shadow Lugia"

Again, I already tried that.

Oddly enough, the daily events that I haven't done in at least a few days are working fine...
Old March 28th, 2011 (09:30 AM).
pokewalker
If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Community Supporter

Time events stop if you pull around with the clock. That's what the instruction booklet says.
Old March 28th, 2011 (09:37 AM).
csa99

I am sorry but can anyone write a basic step by step tutorial on how to get more pokemon availible in the White Forest in my game?
Old March 28th, 2011 (09:39 AM).
"Shadow Lugia"

The thing is that I never moved the clock once until after this happened. The only way I could see it would be the game thought that because the time on my 3DS is maybe a minute earlier/later than on my DS Lite.
Old March 28th, 2011 (10:01 AM).
pokewalker
If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by "Shadow Lugia":
The thing is that I never moved the clock once until after this happened. The only way I could see it would be the game thought that because the time on my 3DS is maybe a minute earlier/later than on my DS Lite.
u got urself a new DS. It has an different time, not?
Old March 28th, 2011 (10:22 AM).
MegaKuriboh

Nature: Adamant
Look here http://serebii.net/blackwhite/blackcitywhiteforest.shtml
Hope this helps
Old March 28th, 2011 (10:42 AM).
Kokuo
Ground Type Trainer

I had this problem with DP a few years ago when I got my DS Lite. I've found that everything goes back to normal if you wait a full 24 hours after changing the clock, then all the time events should work again.
Old March 28th, 2011 (01:40 PM).
rstevenson1976
The Eevee-Loution Master

Location: USA GMT-5 so keep that in mind when trading with me
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to rstevenson1976 Send a message via Yahoo to rstevenson1976
I went back to the cold storage for scald but I got a different tm from the sage instead am I missing something? I've been allover the area too.
oh my god! my account still exists in this kiddie pool? guess what! these mods you are all bowing down to? they're all kids themselves! I swear it's like a real adult working at burger world and bowing down to the acne faced dweeb that is doing his high school homework in his little office while yelling at you to clean out the grease trap! it's just a freaking game!!!! eventually you will all grow out of it!!! see you in the real world. I'm out!!!
Old March 28th, 2011 (02:14 PM).
Gulpin
poisonous
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by rstevenson1976:
I went back to the cold storage for scald but I got a different tm from the sage instead am I missing something? I've been allover the area too.
Scald is sort of hidden in the main area that you walk/slide through inside the storage container. I don't think you can see it when you are right next to it, but just look around closer.
Old March 28th, 2011 (02:42 PM).
Neiko Star
Dancing rain

Nature: Impish
Can I get to Nimbasa before beating Burgh? I really need that Sun Stone but I can't level up or my Lilligant won't learn Quiver Dance. >.<
Old March 28th, 2011 (04:14 PM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Neiko Star:
Can I get to Nimbasa before beating Burgh? I really need that Sun Stone but I can't level up or my Lilligant won't learn Quiver Dance. >.<
I would just beat Burgh with another Pokemon, especially considering that Petilil is weak against his type so you probably wouldn't be relying on it anyway.
Old March 28th, 2011 (04:18 PM).
Weavile05
Currently Hacking BW

Nature: Lax
The Sage doesn't give you Scald. Scald is lying on the floor somewhere in there. I didn't see it the first time either.

Hoenn, 1 Badge
My Youtube Channel: Check out my Pokemon Red Walkthrough
Pokemon White FC: 2322 5491 2643
Old March 28th, 2011 (04:32 PM).
Pwnyta Jockey
Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!

From the entrance, walk onto the left most side of the first ice patch of the building interior. You should be sliding along the container by the stairs.

You should be stopped by a block. Then just slide to the right. TM Scald is hidden from view by a pillar.
Old March 28th, 2011 (05:08 PM).
solarowl
I'll always be an Outsider.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to solarowl
Quote originally posted by Neiko Star:
You can't get too Nimbasa City without beating Burgh, unfortunately. :/
Just don't use your Petilil. It won't be very good against the gym anyway. Were you planning on using it at Burgh's gym?
Old March 28th, 2011 (05:54 PM).
Pwnyta Jockey
Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!

Question:
- Is it possible to return to the cave where KYUREM was?

I captured my Black version one. Just wondering as the pond is doing nothing. Trees and a ledge seem to still block the stairs.

Sponsored Links