Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 30th, 2011 (04:27 PM). Edited March 30th, 2011 by |Torch|.
|Torch|
Fire Trainer!

Nature: Serious
Is the a good way to IV train 31 on speed or such..?

idk just curious and does IV really count in the end?
Old March 30th, 2011 (04:58 PM).
Prometheus_
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Prometheus_ Send a message via Skype™ to Prometheus_
Quote originally posted by |Torch|:
Is the a good way to IV train 31 on speed or such..?

idk just curious and does IV really count in the end?
You IV Breed. You EV Train.
Old March 30th, 2011 (04:59 PM).
bobandbill
Wahahahaha!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill
IV matters if you are into competitive battling I suppose, although soem would say Nature/EVs have more of an impact. You can't 'train' IVs mind - whatever they are (which is decided when you first 'encounter' the Pokemon or with hatched pokes, when you first get the egg) the IVs will stay the same.
Newest article: Gym Reviews: Hoenn!
ORAS Staff Collab 2014
Old March 30th, 2011 (05:28 PM).
beca
◔_____◔
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to beca
Hey guys x)

Is there a way to get the following in Black/White?

Reaper Cloth
Dragon Scale
Dubious Disc
Up-Grade

HG Friend Code - 2838 0040 0210
Black Friend Code - 1120 0113 3618
X Friend Code - 0920 0825 2286

◔____◔
Old March 30th, 2011 (05:53 PM).
Forever
let it go

Quote originally posted by beca:
Hey guys x)

Reaper Cloth
Dragon Scale
Dubious Disc
Up-Grade
Can't recall the others, but the Dubious Disc is in the p2 lab. Just go south of Accumula to that water on the side. Surf there until you reach the next land and then keep going down and walk past the gate. If you follow the currents towards the north, you should find the p2 lab, which contains the Dubious Disc inside.

I assume the others can be found somewhere, given the fact that you can't import items from past games anyway. And I'm sure I've seen them, but I'll leave those up to someone else. :D
Old March 30th, 2011 (06:00 PM).
.EJ
everything is purple
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Hey guys x)

Reaper Cloth
Dragon Scale
Dubious Disc
Up-Grade

I know for the dragon scale you'll have to go to route 18 and you'll need Strength to get across.

I'm not sure about the rest.
Old March 30th, 2011 (06:01 PM).
beca
◔_____◔
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to beca
Wonderful, the dragon scale is one of my priorities right now ;P

Any idea if there are other evolution induced items in the game, such as the Magmarizer or whatever it's called?

HG Friend Code - 2838 0040 0210
Black Friend Code - 1120 0113 3618
X Friend Code - 0920 0825 2286

◔____◔
Old March 30th, 2011 (06:06 PM).
Drekin
We all live in a...

Nature: Lax
Reaper Cloth
Dragon Scale
Dubious Disc
Up-Grade
Reaper Cloth - Rt. 14 (it has been awhile since I got it but I think you need waterfall to get it)

Dragon Scale - Rt. 18

Dubious Disc - P2 Laboratory

Up-grade - Rt. 15

All 4 of those can also be obtained from a man in a suit on Rt. 13. He gives you a random item everyday.
Old March 30th, 2011 (07:44 PM).
justinlittle18
Beginning Trainer

How do all the stat increase items work? Like, the items like Protein and Calcium or Muscle Wing and the other wings? I know they increase the attack and defense and other stats but is there a certain amount you can use? Like if you use a bunch of protein, as much as you can, can you use all the other items for all the other stats?

Name: Justin
White FC: 0905-2291-6452
Old March 30th, 2011 (07:54 PM).
rstevenson1976
The Eevee-Loution Master

Location: USA GMT-5 so keep that in mind when trading with me
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to rstevenson1976 Send a message via Yahoo to rstevenson1976
vitamins(calcium, protein, etc.) will rais evs to the first 100, the others I'm not familure with
oh my god! my account still exists in this kiddie pool? guess what! these mods you are all bowing down to? they're all kids themselves! I swear it's like a real adult working at burger world and bowing down to the acne faced dweeb that is doing his high school homework in his little office while yelling at you to clean out the grease trap! it's just a freaking game!!!! eventually you will all grow out of it!!! see you in the real world. I'm out!!!
Old March 30th, 2011 (08:04 PM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by justinlittle18:
How do all the stat increase items work? Like, the items like Protein and Calcium or Muscle Wing and the other wings? I know they increase the attack and defense and other stats but is there a certain amount you can use? Like if you use a bunch of protein, as much as you can, can you use all the other items for all the other stats?
To expand on stevenson's post...

Each Vitamin adds 10 EVs to each stat, up to 100. From there (or below if you want), each wing adds 1 EV to the given stat, as high as the EV can go. They're all subject to regular EV limits (255 or 252 per stat, 510 overall).

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old March 30th, 2011 (08:11 PM).
rstevenson1976
The Eevee-Loution Master

Location: USA GMT-5 so keep that in mind when trading with me
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to rstevenson1976 Send a message via Yahoo to rstevenson1976
where do you get those wings anyway?
oh my god! my account still exists in this kiddie pool? guess what! these mods you are all bowing down to? they're all kids themselves! I swear it's like a real adult working at burger world and bowing down to the acne faced dweeb that is doing his high school homework in his little office while yelling at you to clean out the grease trap! it's just a freaking game!!!! eventually you will all grow out of it!!! see you in the real world. I'm out!!!
Old March 30th, 2011 (08:12 PM).
Cryptys
Vulpix/Ponyta Fanatic

Quote originally posted by 176StantonStreet:
When I am at the menu and select "Nintendo WFC Settings" I get this message:

I have gone to my settings, and I do have internet connection. I have 'WPA2-PSK' Encrypted connection (So it had to be done through Advanced Setup) and when I do a connection test, it is successful.

If it helps, I have the Collector's Edition Pokemon White Nintendo DSi..

THOUGH, I am able to access Mystery Gift & obtain the Liberty Pass through the Nintendo WFC option.

In game it won't let me get a Friend Code in Pal Pad! Ugh!

HELP!
Do you have a regular DS or DS Lite? If so, they will not work with any encryption besides WEP. I believe WPA support came out with the DSi.

I think I know the answer to this already, but can you not release a pokemon if you catch it straight to your party? Do you have to go back to your PC to release it?

Vulpix and Ponyta -- Power is seductive.
Old March 30th, 2011 (08:16 PM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by rstevenson1976:
where do you get those wings anyway?
If you run along Driftveil Drawbridge and Marvelous Bridge (It's marvelous! And also a bridge!), the shadows are either Ducklett/Swanna or a random wing.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old March 30th, 2011 (08:33 PM).
Misheard Whisper
#1 Yancy fan
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Misheard Whisper
Quote originally posted by Cryptys:
I think I know the answer to this already, but can you not release a pokemon if you catch it straight to your party? Do you have to go back to your PC to release it?
Yeah, there's no 'release' option from the party; you have to find a PC to release them, which kinda sucks if you're catching large numbers of Pokemon for a decent nature or something.
Old March 30th, 2011 (08:41 PM).
Cryptys
Vulpix/Ponyta Fanatic

Quote originally posted by Misheard Whisper:
Yeah, there's no 'release' option from the party; you have to find a PC to release them, which kinda sucks if you're catching large numbers of Pokemon for a decent nature or something.
Exactly what I'm doing. =(((

Vulpix and Ponyta -- Power is seductive.
Old March 30th, 2011 (10:42 PM).
Aaron40

Hey,
Where do you get Zoroark once you have the shiny dogs on your pokemon black or white game
Old March 30th, 2011 (10:49 PM).
Forever
let it go

Quote originally posted by Aaron40:
Hey,
Where do you get Zoroark once you have the shiny dogs on your pokemon black or white game
Go to Nimbasa. To the right you'll see two exits. Go to the top one. Then, go to the only place you can access on that route (being lostlorn forest) walk through it until you reach the top of Lostlorn (really short tbh) and then the event will naturally occur once a dog is in your party. :)
Old March 30th, 2011 (11:01 PM).
Aaron40

Quote originally posted by Forever:

Go to Nimbasa. To the right you'll see two exits. Go to the top one. Then, go to the only place you can access on that route (being lostlorn forest) walk through it until you reach the top of Lostlorn (really short tbh) and then the event will naturally occur once a dog is in your party.
I found it but it's a Raikou?
Old March 30th, 2011 (11:04 PM).
Forever
let it go

Quote originally posted by Aaron40:
I found it but it's a Raikou?
Yes, it transforms into one of the shiny dogs. When it gets down to a few HP (red I think?) it transforms into Zoroark. Then when you catch it, it'll register as Zoroark. :D
Old March 31st, 2011 (12:21 AM).
Mendonky
Beginning Trainer

Bought a second hand version of white recently and was reading the instruction leaflet about this pokemon you can get through mystery gift, but it says one per cartridge. The game had already been restarted so assuming this pokemon had already been downloaded can i still get it? Would be Mighty Unfair if I cant just because its second hand, how was I to know?
Cheers
-Mendonky.
Old March 31st, 2011 (12:27 AM).
What? Wartortle is evolving! FTW
Beginning Trainer

So I'm roughly 3/4 through the game, since I (barely) got my 6th gym badge. The problem I've had, especially relative to all of the previous games, is that I am having a very hard time finding pokemon that are actually worth a crap. I've wasted ridiculous amounts of time trying to raise any outside of my big four (dewott, gurdurr, simisear and audino) and I'm getting sick and tired of raising a caught pokemon to similar levels and having them get PWNT by wild ones that are disadvantaged types. Much less trainer owned opponents. I've used so far: blitzle, roggenrolla, and vanillite. I was happy to see that you can actually get electric and ice pokemon this early in the game, but, at least the ones I've caught, are hot garbage, and aren't worth a spot on my team period. That ice cream cone thing ended up having every stat in the 40's when he hit level 31, and then proceeded to get clobbered by a freaking bird that was about 33 in the flying gym My worthwhile pokemon could have used those exp points. I was cruising through the game, but after narrowly beating the flying gym by the skin on my teeth, and also getting worked by Cheren afterwards, the ability to find decent pokemon is starting to take its toll.

What pokemon do you guys suggest? I'm primarily looking for a flying type that I can actually use outside of being the HM-fly *****. Also I'd like something that can actually beat flying pokemon. I'm thinking about picking up woobat, but his levels would be so low at this point it'd take forever, even with my exp share, for him to be venerable.
Old March 31st, 2011 (12:58 AM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote originally posted by What? Wartortle is evolving! FTW:
So I'm roughly 3/4 through the game, since I (barely) got my 6th gym badge. The problem I've had, especially relative to all of the previous games, is that I am having a very hard time finding pokemon that are actually worth a crap. I've wasted ridiculous amounts of time trying to raise any outside of my big four (dewott, gurdurr, simisear and audino) and I'm getting sick and tired of raising a caught pokemon to similar levels and having them get PWNT by wild ones that are disadvantaged types. Much less trainer owned opponents. I've used so far: blitzle, roggenrolla, and vanillite. I was happy to see that you can actually get electric and ice pokemon this early in the game, but, at least the ones I've caught, are hot garbage, and aren't worth a spot on my team period. That ice cream cone thing ended up having every stat in the 40's when he hit level 31, and then proceeded to get clobbered by a freaking bird that was about 33 in the flying gym My worthwhile pokemon could have used those exp points. I was cruising through the game, but after narrowly beating the flying gym by the skin on my teeth, and also getting worked by Cheren afterwards, the ability to find decent pokemon is starting to take its toll.

What pokemon do you guys suggest? I'm primarily looking for a flying type that I can actually use outside of being the HM-fly *****. Also I'd like something that can actually beat flying pokemon. I'm thinking about picking up woobat, but his levels would be so low at this point it'd take forever, even with my exp share, for him to be venerable.
I recommend Archeops. Woobat honestly isn't that good. Archeops' base 140 Attack allows it to tear holes in most opponents, however, its ability is an issue because it halves its offenses when it's at half health or less, but it shouldn't be a problem if you have a lot of healing items with you. It's a Rock/Flying Pokemon, so it can beat Flying Pokemon and be used as your Fly slave. You can get Archen's fossil from a backpacker in Relic Castle. I also suggest getting Sandile (in Resort Desert, Relic DCastle or Route 4) or Drilbur (in any dust cloud in a cave, as long as you don't pick up an item) because both can learn good moves and have good Attack and Speed.

Old March 31st, 2011 (01:08 AM).
Pwnyta Jockey
Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Mendonky:
Bought a second hand version of white recently and was reading the instruction leaflet about this pokemon you can get through mystery gift, but it says one per cartridge. The game had already been restarted so assuming this pokemon had already been downloaded can i still get it? Would be Mighty Unfair if I cant just because its second hand, how was I to know?
Cheers
-Mendonky.

I would be hoping it is ONE VICTINI PER SAVE GAME...

Quote originally posted by What? Wartortle is evolving! FTW:

Catch a Golett from Dragonspiral Tower. Evolve into Golurk at 43. Keep Magnitude. Golurk can Fly, just does not "need" it.
Raise a Klink into Klang. Eviolite makes evolving Klang an "option".

Deerling. Seriously. The evolution of it is rather under-loved. Megahorn & Horn Leech are crazy good moves for it. So is Nature Power. Also learns a great Fighting move in JUMP KICK.

Stunfisk, that brown fish thing with the funny face. Reasonably bulky, letting it use Camoflage will turn it Normal-type (usually and hopefully), improving its defenses somewhat. Do note that its VERY slow.

Cubchoo the bear.
Old March 31st, 2011 (03:05 AM).
DBouch
Beginning Trainer

I have virtually completed the Pokemon Black game, but have got stuck. I have defeated N, but lost to Ghetsis. I have collected the Legendary Dragon. But as I lost to Ghetsis, nothing has changed.- I can't go to other cities, or do anything different.

It wont let me back into the pokemon league to do it again. Someone help please.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links