The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 31st, 2011, 04:41 AM
pokehunter87
Pokemon Breeder

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
sounds strange that one. i lost to ghetsis then when the pokecentre healed my pokemon i spoke to the team plasma dude stood near the counter and he took me back to the castle.

Future Wi-Fi Battle Team

Check my thread for what i have to offer;
Old March 31st, 2011, 04:53 AM
Sloth Tamer
Sloth attack victim? PM me.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Sloth Tamer
Ok, so after my 2-3 year hiatus on pokemon, I came back to see people talking about "IV training" and how to control your pokemons nature? What is IV training? And how do I Pick what nature my pokemon has? This is all really confusing, but interesting. (I plan on playing again on a regular basis, got a DSi being shipped to me now and going out to buy HG/Black in a few days. :D )

There's a few more questions I have.
•In Black/White, what are the main differences aside from the legendaries?
•In G5, what are the advantages of each starter? I'll probably go with the grass type, but I'd like to know what else there is to offer from the others.
•Are there still loads of people using the Action Replay'd Spiritomb with wonder guard? Or even a sableye? Or god-forbid Action Replay'd Darkrais..
•What would be a decent team to build for the elite four on G5? I can get most pokemon from HG/SS.

The main questions I want answered is
•What is IV training? and how do I do it?
•How do i pick what nature my Pokemon has?
Old March 31st, 2011, 04:56 AM
pokehunter87
Pokemon Breeder

you cant pick a nature for your pokemon. you can breed to get a specific nature or if your at the start of the game just keep soft resetting the game until you get the nature you want on your starter.

i went for oshawott however i regretted it as i dont feel he contributed very much to any of my battles.

Future Wi-Fi Battle Team

Check my thread for what i have to offer;
Old March 31st, 2011, 04:59 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth Tamer View Post
Ok, so after my 2-3 year hiatus on pokemon, I came back to see people talking about "IV training" and how to control your pokemons nature? What is IV training? And how do I Pick what nature my pokemon has? This is all really confusing, but interesting. (I plan on playing again on a regular basis, got a DSi being shipped to me now and going out to buy HG/Black in a few days. :D )

•In G5, what are the advantages of each starter? I'll probably go with the grass type, but I'd like to know what else there is to offer from the others.
•Are there still loads of people using the Action Replay'd Spiritomb with wonder guard? Or even a sableye? Or god-forbid Action Replay'd Darkrais..
•What would be a decent team to build for the elite four on G5? I can get most pokemon from HG/SS.

This belongs in quick questions, so I merged it.

Anyway, for the differences question: check the version exclusives part of the FAQ. I'll leave the rest up to everyone else to answer - and remember, ask here next time.
Old March 31st, 2011, 05:15 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
I don't think so... Spiritomb and Sableyes are not that awesome to be cheated =)

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old March 31st, 2011, 05:19 AM
Spartakiss
Beginning Trainer

Have a quick question about Ev training
If you need four Ev points for +1 Base stat
then do i have to battle 1008 Patrats to get a 252 attack?
or am i way off the mark?
Old March 31st, 2011, 05:53 AM
Prometheus_
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Prometheus_ Send a message via Skype™ to Prometheus_
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartakiss View Post
Have a quick question about Ev training
If you need four Ev points for +1 Base stat
then do i have to battle 1008 Patrats to get a 252 attack?
or am i way off the mark?
There are items that increase the EV gains. They can be purchased w/ BP which are earned from doing the Battle Subway. Pokerus also doubles the EV gains.
Old March 31st, 2011, 06:04 AM
chaos11011
Habunake, Bite!

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chaos11011
Hello, I was thinking of capturing the Reshiram in Black for EV Training. Though I don't want to capture it at the place you *encounter* it, since you can find it at the Dragonspiral Tower later. But here's the question. Will the Reshiram have the same Nature and IVs from where I first *encountered* it or will I still be able to SR for a Nature and IV.

Thanks in advanced.
Old March 31st, 2011, 06:54 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:

Like Forever said, check the Version exclusive FAQ.

Not really, every starter is kinda even, I'd go with Snivy since it's amazing. <3

No not really, if you fight an official match then the Pokemon will be normal, since it's against the rules to use hacks, plus Darkrai isn't that common, plus not many are hacked since it's easy to get now.

Whatever you want, check what teams the E4 have at Serebii then build a team that counters them, plus you can't send Pokemon over from HG/SS without a second Ds and after beating the main game.

IV Training is not a thing, there's IV Breeding, which I think you should read a few guides at Gamefaqs and such, Ev training is the training one.

You can't pick a nature, you have to breed or SR it, but there are techniques to help you get a specific nature.
Old March 31st, 2011, 07:57 AM
LuVrDiSC
pokéGirL Power !

Nature: Modest
quik quesions! is there anyway to teach seismic toss or aromatherapy on gen 5 blk/wht ?
Old March 31st, 2011, 08:00 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuVrDiSC View Post
quik quesions! is there anyway to teach seismic toss or aromatherapy on gen 5 blk/wht ?
Nope, unfortunately there is no move tutor for those moves in Black and white
Old March 31st, 2011, 08:56 AM
LuVrDiSC
pokéGirL Power !

Nature: Modest
boooooooooooo laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

Gen 5 - sizzle losing Bye!!!

is there any equivelent new moves or tm's/hm's ?

if not then refer to..

sizzle losing bye!

<3
Old March 31st, 2011, 01:36 PM
Aaron40

Hey
How do you get Landorus
Old March 31st, 2011, 01:46 PM
Oryx
open up your sea chart
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron40 View Post
Hey
How do you get Landorus
You need Tornadus and Thundurus, the two other Kamis, and then you need to go to the Abundant Shrine with them.

You can only get one in each game, so you'll have to trade for both.

'Hoy, small fry!
Old March 31st, 2011, 01:59 PM
Sheriff Woody

I am looking for a good flying pokemon. I just got HM fly and I don't have any flying pokemon to teach it to. I was either thinking a ducklett or a pidove, but if you have any other suggestions please let me know.
Old March 31st, 2011, 02:27 PM
Drekin
We all live in a...

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Woody View Post
I am looking for a good flying pokemon. I just got HM fly and I don't have any flying pokemon to teach it to. I was either thinking a ducklett or a pidove, but if you have any other suggestions please let me know.
I've been using Sigilyph since the first time I went to Relic Castle. It is faster than a lot of non-flying pokemon and its high Sp.Atk is great for taking out most Dragons. It has taken out Haxorus and Garchomps with just one Ice beam many times.
But if you already have a psychic pokemon I recommend ducklet/swanna. I've battled at least 6 of them in Random Match-ups and all of them can really help out your team, especially in triple battles.
Old March 31st, 2011, 02:41 PM
-weeper
The Anchor of Your Sorrow

Nature: Serious
In regards to Random Matchups, I heard they aren't available until Global Link launches. However, I've also heard people have been playing them. Any clarification?
Pokemon: Farfetch'd, Hoothoot, Hawlucha
Old March 31st, 2011, 03:05 PM
Drekin
We all live in a...

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by -weeper View Post
In regards to Random Matchups, I heard they aren't available until Global Link launches. However, I've also heard people have been playing them. Any clarification?
To do Random Match-ups, go to a pokemon center, then talk to the lady to the right. There should be a Random Match-up option. Then pick whatever type of battle you want to do. (I only do triple battles) Once you connect to Wi-fi there's an option for Free and I think the other is Ranked or something like that. I haven't tried the other option besides Free so I don't know if it works or not.
Old March 31st, 2011, 03:34 PM
Sheriff Woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drekin View Post
I've been using Sigilyph since the first time I went to Relic Castle. It is faster than a lot of non-flying pokemon and its high Sp.Atk is great for taking out most Dragons. It has taken out Haxorus and Garchomps with just one Ice beam many times.
But if you already have a psychic pokemon I recommend ducklet/swanna. I've battled at least 6 of them in Random Match-ups and all of them can really help out your team, especially in triple battles.
Thank you for the answer. I think I will go ducklett. I already have a musharna and frankly I dont like the look of sigilyph. I can also teach ducklett surf so now he can serve two purposes.

Last edited by Sheriff Woody; March 31st, 2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old March 31st, 2011, 06:45 PM
-weeper
The Anchor of Your Sorrow

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drekin View Post
To do Random Match-ups, go to a pokemon center, then talk to the lady to the right. There should be a Random Match-up option. Then pick whatever type of battle you want to do. (I only do triple battles) Once you connect to Wi-fi there's an option for Free and I think the other is Ranked or something like that. I haven't tried the other option besides Free so I don't know if it works or not.
Thing is, I've tried it and it said something was wrong with my pokemon when I know they were 100% legit. Same thing is happening to a friend (this is when we try to select Free... Maybe we'll try Ranked?)
Pokemon: Farfetch'd, Hoothoot, Hawlucha
Old March 31st, 2011, 07:07 PM
Oryx
open up your sea chart
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by -weeper View Post
Thing is, I've tried it and it said something was wrong with my pokemon when I know they were 100% legit. Same thing is happening to a friend (this is when we try to select Free... Maybe we'll try Ranked?)
Make sure none of your Pokemon are on this list?

'Hoy, small fry!
Old April 1st, 2011, 07:51 AM
iTeruri
iAm

So I caught a Sawsbuck in my Pokémon White version during the autumn. It's winter now, but my Sawsbuck is still autumn forme. Why? Shouldn't it change form to the much more beautiful winter forme?
Old April 1st, 2011, 08:03 AM
Oryx
open up your sea chart
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTeruri View Post
So I caught a Sawsbuck in my Pokémon White version during the autumn. It's winter now, but my Sawsbuck is still autumn forme. Why? Shouldn't it change form to the much more beautiful winter forme?
Did you start the Blanket with it saying Autumn and watched it change to Winter? Try saving, turning the Blanket off and restarting it.

Edit: TURN OFF YO BLANKET

'Hoy, small fry!
Old April 1st, 2011, 08:19 AM
iTeruri
iAm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post

Did you start the Blanket with it saying Autumn and watched it change to Winter? Try saving, turning the Blanket off and restarting it.

Edit: TURN OFF YO BLANKET
I turned the game off and restarted it, but Sawsbuck is still all autumn-like. I guess I'll just have to catch another one for the winter forme.
Old April 1st, 2011, 08:26 AM
Oryx
open up your sea chart
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTeruri View Post
I turned the Blanket off and restarted it, but Sawsbuck is still all autumn-like. I guess I'll just have to catch ancrazy one for the winter forme.
It should change with the seasons. I would recommend waiting a bit for it to change before you go out and catch a new one. It will change if it's in your party, it's just a matter of when.

'Hoy, small fry!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here