The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, hens return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 8th, 2011, 02:00 PM
JP
wut?

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neiko Star View Post
'Kay. Also, I read somewhere that the last Rocket grunt from HG/SS is in Icirrus City, but I haven't seen him. Where is he?
When you come out of Twist Mountain, just keep moving straight ahead, you'll see a house near the bottom of your screen that you can access. It's outside of Icirrus City and you can only access it during the Winter.
Old April 8th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Toujours
Howling Poros

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
'Kay. Also, I read somewhere that the last Rocket grunt from HG/SS is in Icirrus City, but I haven't seen him. Where is he?
"In the Winter, a mound of snow in the southern part of Icirrus City will allow you to reach the previously inaccessible Ex-Team Rocket Grunt's house."

Go south of the town, as far down as you can go, and just to the right of the windmill.
Old April 8th, 2011, 03:05 PM
solarowl
I'll always be an Outsider.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to solarowl
Quote:
He is only available during the Winter. Near the bottom of Icirrus City, go right, and there will be some ice mounds. He's near the Windmill.
Old April 8th, 2011, 04:02 PM
benben2142x
Beginning Trainer

You can only go there in Winter, his in the house north of the city. He looks like a biker and he says he used to be with team rocket but now he has a family, his wife I believe gives you a rare candy bar from mahogangy
Quote:
Old April 8th, 2011, 04:14 PM
beca
◔_____◔

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to beca
I've just caught my first shiny, and remember reading something about RNG abuse back when I was trying to find one in HG. Does anyone know if this RNG thing works in Pokemon Black/White, and if so, how to do it? Thank you =]

Edit - is it also possible to obtain power items in Black and White? I want to EV train this shiny.

HG Friend Code - 2838 0040 0210
Black Friend Code - 1120 0113 3618
X Friend Code - 0920 0825 2286

◔____◔
Old April 8th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Toujours
Howling Poros

Quote:
Originally Posted by beca View Post
I've just caught my first shiny, and remember reading something about RNG abuse back when I was trying to find one in HG. Does anyone know if this RNG thing works in Pokemon Black/White, and if so, how to do it? Thank you =]

Edit - is it also possible to obtain power items in Black and White? I want to EV train this shiny.
I know RNG abuse is possible because my boyfriend was just looking things up about it, but he said as of now you still need an AR for one part of it. In two weeks he said the newest version would be out where you wouldn't need one, but I don't know too much about it.

And you can get power items in the Battle Subway for 16 BP each.
Old April 8th, 2011, 05:20 PM
TheBigMan0706
UMAD?

Nature: Lax
I know this might be the wrong board to put this in, but i have a question about Eelektrik. I'm currently training one, and i am wondering. Which moves should Eelektrik know before i can evolve it into an Eelektross?

who knew?

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old April 8th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Pwnyta Jockey
Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakuzami View Post
You just need all eight badges and then it will start storming on Route 7, then the version-exclusive legendary (Tornadus in Black (I think) and Thundurus in White (again, I think...it might be the opposite way around...)) will appear after the old lady rapes tells you the story.
Saving before the gatehouse attendant of Route 10 (northern Opelucid City) tells of the storm allows the player to encounter the "genie" of a nature, luster, stat spread that suits them.

Did not know this when at that point in my Black, but know and do this sometimes (in future runs) using mhy White game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigMan0706 View Post
I know this might be the wrong board to put this in, but i have a question about Eelektrik. I'm currently training one, and i am wondering. Which moves should Eelektrik know before i can evolve it into an Eelektross?
Wrong board in my opinion. But there are a few threads in which this can go.

Acid Spray, Gastro Acid & Coil

Coil = ups physical attack, defense, and accuracy; geared for physical
Gastro Acid = cancels foes ability, gimmicky and learned at Lv64
Acid Spray = can drop the foes special defense by two levels (-2), similar to next hit being twice as strong

Everything else awesome comes from a TM.
Would be looking towards a Lv64 Eelektrik by the time of evolution consideration.

Last edited by Forever; April 8th, 2011 at 05:38 PM. Reason: merging due to thread merge
Old April 8th, 2011, 06:01 PM
The_Noob
Booted out - don't be like me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigMan0706 View Post
Just get a ♥♥♥♥load of TM's, and then stick a Lucky Egg and go into the wilderness until you learn a crapload of moves it likes, and then give it the Thunderstone to make it an electric lamprey of doom.

Oh, and then just give it all the TM's it can learn.

Noob out.
Old April 8th, 2011, 07:36 PM
skooby2315
Unhatched Egg

should i use dragonite or hyrdeigon???
Old April 8th, 2011, 07:40 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by skooby2315 View Post
should i use dragonite or hyrdeigon???
For competitive terms, use Dragonite if you want to go on the defensive and support the team, or Hydreigon if you want to outright attack.

In-game, however, go with Dragonite because it's easier to get than Hydreigon.

My own question: I know that Everstone breeding works on males (the males hold the Everstone to increase the chances of passing down its nature to the offspring in the Gen IV games), but does it work in B/W?

Old April 8th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Toujours
Howling Poros

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
For competitive terms, use Dragonite if you want to go on the defensive and support the team, or Hydreigon if you want to outright attack.

My own question: I know that Everstone breeding works on males (the males hold the Everstone to increase the chances of passing down its nature to the offspring in the Gen IV games), but does it work in B/W?
According to Bulbapedia, it works no matter what gender as of HGSS, and there are no signs saying it's different in B/W.
The_Noob

Quote:

1) Ahem... Hydreigon is rather easy to get (ie; evolve from Deino) if you have alot of time, and a Lucky Egg. Just onto Routes 12 and 11 and grind in the dark grass. He should level up quickly with enough time.

Fishing for a Dragonite is rather noobish anyways.

2) Probably. Just try it yourself with two Pokemon you don't care about.

Noob out.
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Quote:
Yes it does. Breeding features that were used in Gen IV have been carried over to B/W.

Ninja'd, but that's what I get.
Old April 8th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Keyaki

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Keyaki
Yea, I got a question. Half of Route 18 I can't get to. I tried everything, but I don't know how to get to the other half of that island on Route 18, where the double grass.

Help?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old April 8th, 2011, 07:47 PM
skooby2315
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Noob View Post
1) Ahem... Hydreigon is rather easy to get (ie; evolve from Deino) if you have alot of time, and a Lucky Egg. Just onto Routes 12 and 11 and grind in the dark grass. He should level up quickly with enough time.

Fishing for a Dragonite is rather noobish anyways.

2) Probably. Just try it yourself with two Pokemon you don't care about.

Noob out.
i have both but idk which one would i benefit more with
Old April 8th, 2011, 07:56 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyaki View Post
Yea, I got a question. Half of Route 18 I can't get to. I tried everything, but I don't know how to get to the other half of that island on Route 18, where the double grass.

Help?
Careful navigating in-between the currents befor eht eisland is how you get there. Not that easy but just try going around the middle of it and poking through different paths here and there.

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
Old April 8th, 2011, 07:58 PM
The_Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by skooby2315 View Post
i have both but idk which one would i benefit more with
Hydreigon. It's a ****ing death machine, baby. This thing can take out teams all by itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
Careful navigating in-between the currents befor eht eisland is how you get there. Not that easy but just try going around the middle of it and poking through different paths here and there.
Explain a little more, please.

Noob out.
Old April 8th, 2011, 08:27 PM
King Gumball
Haven't been here for ages...

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to King Gumball
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Noob View Post
Hydreigon. It's a ****ing death machine, baby. This thing can take out teams all by itself.

Explain a little more, please.

Noob out.
Keyaki & Noob-- Like move/backtrack in between the current areas, in the water just off the Lab. Took me a while to do it but was kinda obvious when i figured it out.

Old April 8th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Liquid Halo
Tortured Vampire

Nature: Lonely
Hello,
So I have gone through my entire Black game play in the season Autumn. Now I forget exactly how the season changing works except that it is supposedly monthly. I am pretty sure I remember that the month of April is winter.

So why then when I turned on my game a few moments ago to check out this master ball guy did I find my game still in Autumn?

My screenshot album
http://pinterest.com/darknesswithin/pokemon-games/
Old April 8th, 2011, 10:59 PM
King Gumball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Halo View Post
Hello,
So I have gone through my entire Black game play in the season Autumn. Now I forget exactly how the season changing works except that it is supposedly monthly. I am pretty sure I remember that the month of April is winter.

So why then when I turned on my game a few moments ago to check out this master ball guy did I find my game still in Autumn?
That s normal. It will change to winter when you walk out of the building or whatever you are in, outside :)

Old April 8th, 2011, 11:10 PM
Liquid Halo
Tortured Vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gumball View Post

That s normal. It will change to winter when you walk out of the building or whatever you are in, outside
What if I am already outside? I am on the route ten bridge after defeating Cheren and I did not save after checking out the master ball guy, didn't need to.

My screenshot album
Old April 8th, 2011, 11:14 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Halo View Post
What if I am already outside? I am on the route ten bridge after defeating Cheren and I did not save after checking out the master ball guy, didn't need to.
Just go in a building and then walk out again.
Old April 8th, 2011, 11:16 PM
King Gumball

Or... maybe your DS time/date is wrong?

Old April 8th, 2011, 11:29 PM
Liquid Halo
Tortured Vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
Just go in a building and then walk out again.
Of course, I should have thought of that. Thanks a lot.

My screenshot album
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links