The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 9th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Stetzer
Beginning Trainer

So, it's been a long while since I played pokemon. Recently, I started playing Emerald again, and now I decided to buy a DS from a friend to play Soulsilver/Black or White. I have soulsilver right now. I'd like to be able to move pokemon from Soulsilver to Black/White when I buy it.

First Q: Is there any way to move pokemon from soulsilver to black/white with one DS?

Second Q: Is there a limit to how many you can move, or any restrictions moving certain pokemon?

Third Q: Can pokemon moved over from Soulsilver to black/white be used online to battle with?

Fourth Q: If I move over a pokemon, can it be ev trained/evolved by using it in Black/White?

The ones I really want to move over the most are: Gengar, Steelix, Gyrados, Hypno, Alakazam, Nidoking, Scizor, Ninetales, Arcanine (if I could get from HG), Jolteon, Umbreon, Kingdra, Zapdos, Moltres, the starter pokemon.

Is this possible? Any help is appreciated. If I need to DS to trade, I can always borrow a friend's. I just want some answers before I get too far in Soulsilver because I'm mainly going to play Black/White.
Old April 9th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Jude Mathis
[ counting stars ]
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
^ I think your best bet would be to ask this in the actual Black and White area, and not New Users / Welcome. D: More specifically, the Quick Questions thread, is where it would fit best, in my opinion. Soooo I'm gonna merge these into that thread, and it shouldn't be too long before you get some answers!
Old April 9th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

Nature: Timid
Quote:
First Q: Is there any way to move pokemon from soulsilver to black/white with one DS?

Second Q: Is there a limit to how many you can move, or any restrictions moving certain pokemon?

Third Q: Can pokemon moved over from Soulsilver to black/white be used online to battle with?

Fourth Q: If I move over a pokemon, can it be ev trained/evolved by using it in Black/White?
1. Nope, you'll need two I'm afraid.

2. No limit as far as I know and no time restrictions like DPPt's Pal Park system, but the Pokemon can't know any HMs and can't hold items when you transfer.

3. Yes you can. Competitive battlers, correct me if I'm wrong.

4. Of course.

Hope this helps you!

POPWAR'S BUNNY
get on baboon's level ho
Old April 10th, 2011, 06:41 AM
RIMHfire
Fire User

Send a message via AIM to RIMHfire
It's probably right in front of me, but I want to make sure. To obtain Victini do, I need to go to a Gamestop and do the Mystery Gift, or just download the Liberty Pass? Because I already downloaded that, I just wanted to make sure I didn't have to me a trip out to my local Gamestop today since it's the last day for the event.

Trainer Name: CLARE
Friend Code: 4081-6533-4336
Old April 10th, 2011, 06:44 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIMHfire View Post
It's probably right in front of me, but I want to make sure. To obtain Victini do, I need to go to a Gamestop and do the Mystery Gift, or just download the Liberty Pass? Because I already downloaded that, I just wanted to make sure I didn't have to me a trip out to my local Gamestop today since it's the last day for the event.
Just download the Liberty Pass via wifi anywhere - whether it's at Gamestop or your own wifi at home. Though yes, you'll need the Mystery Gift option to be able to do that.
Old April 10th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Um. Is it just me or are the Gym Leaders of Unova just sooooo weak?

My team: Serperior lv.38, Simisear lv.38, Boldore lv.37, Seismitoad lv.37, Cofagrigus lv. 36 after 1-hit KO sweeping Skyla. And I've never grinded with Audino.
Old April 10th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Sunlight View Post

My team: Serperior lv.38, Simisear lv.38, Boldore lv.37, Seismitoad lv.37, Cofagrigus lv. 36 after 1-hit KO sweeping Skyla. And I've never grinded with Audino.
The Gym Leaders aren't too hard, no. Skyla in particular from what I've heard didn't pose much of a problem for anyone. It's the post-game that gets difficult level-wise, with Pokemon suddenly 10-15 levels above you, and the new Elite Four in the 70s. I think they did it that way so that kids could easily play the story, but older players could still get the difficulty later.
Old April 10th, 2011, 07:46 AM
pkmntrainerpaul
New account: P-Sign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Sunlight View Post

Most of them are quite easy, like Drayden (Who I 1 hit-KO swept with Fraxure) but some of them are certainly not, in my opinion. I, for example, had some trouble with Lenora and Burgh.

So I think it really depends on your team in every stage of the game, and your team is overleveld :p
You could easily beat Brycen with your Pokémon
Old April 10th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Neiko Star
Dancing rain

Nature: Impish
I tried PokeTransfer using my brother's DS and my French HG, but for some reason it says that there isn't a valid game card or something. What's the problem?
Old April 10th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Weavile05
Currently Hacking BW

Nature: Lax
There might be a region lock.

Hoenn, 1 Badge
My Youtube Channel: Check out my Pokemon Red Walkthrough
Pokemon White FC: 2322 5491 2643
Old April 10th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Neiko Star
Dancing rain

Nature: Impish
Then it should be fine if I trade my Pokemon to my friend's English HG, then transfer them, right?
Old April 10th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Weavile05
Currently Hacking BW

Nature: Lax
I think so. It should work.

Hoenn, 1 Badge
My Youtube Channel: Check out my Pokemon Red Walkthrough
Pokemon White FC: 2322 5491 2643
Old April 10th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

I have my own question now!

I went through the past few hours and EV trained my Volcarona, but the EV lady in Opelucid still says that it can try harder. I really don't want to mess it up, is there anything I can do? Maybe rare candy it a bit and it'll get all of the EVs, or did I actually do something wrong?
Old April 10th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Clairissa
Shining brilliantly!

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Clairissa Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Clairissa Send a message via Yahoo to Clairissa Send a message via Skype™ to Clairissa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post

I went through the past few hours and EV trained my Volcarona, but the EV lady in Opelucid still says that it can try harder. I really don't want to mess it up, is there anything I can do? Maybe rare candy it a bit and it'll get all of the EVs, or did I actually do something wrong?
Would be the safest bet that you may have miscounted while training... Though you could always try your rare candy idea (save first) or box/withdraw it and put it to your first slot to try again.

Kanto - Johto - Hoenn - Sinnoh - Unova
Old April 10th, 2011, 10:38 AM
JP
wut?
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post

You most likely missed or messed up your EV count. I do it all the time by accident. XD Sadly, if you messed up your count, there's no efficient way of fixing it.

What I do though, is usually just add the remaining EV's I missed into another stat by the use of the vitamins. That, or just start over really. In your case maybe, I would make sure to save where you're at now. Then, depending on how many Rare Candies you have (enough to reach Lvl. 100), I would level it up and write down the stats of your Pokemon. Turn it off and back on (make sure you have your stats written down) and just go battle the EV giving Pokemon a couple of times, give it once again the Rare Candies up to lvl. 100 and see if that specific stat has changed at all. If it hasn't, just reset your game once again and move on to another stat you were working on. Make sure you don't save during this process though, otherwise it will just make this whole thing worthless. Only save once you've figured out which stat you didn't EV the way you wanted.

I hope that makes sense. XD Of course though, this will only work if you've messed up EV'ing on one stat alone. If you messed up all your EV's somehow, then you should probably just start over.
Old April 10th, 2011, 12:40 PM
beca
◔_____◔
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to beca
I've been trying to EV train my shiny Litwick, but nothing has actually been happening. I was doing what I've always done, and it worked back when I EV trained on Heart Gold - Pokerus, the appropriate power item, with a Pokemon that gives the specific EV stat points that I want. However, it seems that my Litwick just hasn't been gaining the EV points, just levelling up as normal. Any idea what's happened?
It definitely hasn't used up all of its EVs, by the way.

HG Friend Code - 2838 0040 0210
Black Friend Code - 1120 0113 3618
X Friend Code - 0920 0825 2286

◔____◔
Old April 10th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by beca View Post
I've been trying to EV train my shiny Litwick, but nothing has actually been happening. I was doing what I've always done, and it worked back when I EV trained on Heart Gold - Pokerus, the appropriate power item, with a Pokemon that gives the specific EV stat points that I want. However, it seems that my Litwick just hasn't been gaining the EV points, just levelling up as normal. Any idea what's happened?
It definitely hasn't used up all of its EVs, by the way.
Ev's are added on after every battle this time, so instead of adding on after a level up. They get added on after every defeated Pokemon. :3
Old April 10th, 2011, 12:55 PM
JP
wut?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post

Ev's are added on after every battle this time, so instead of adding on after a level up. They get added on after every defeated Pokemon. :3
Also depends on the level at which you're training it. If it's leveling up rather quickly, it won't really show a significant difference, regardless of it being there or not. Though, with Pokerus and the items... I suppose it should show. XD
Old April 10th, 2011, 01:37 PM
beca
◔_____◔
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to beca
Really? Thank you for clearing that up, I don't feel so frustrated now xD

It doesn't seem like it has done a great deal though, even though my Litwick only grew two levels throughout the time I was training her Special Attack. She's currently level 30 - will I see a change as her level increases?

HG Friend Code - 2838 0040 0210
Black Friend Code - 1120 0113 3618
X Friend Code - 0920 0825 2286

◔____◔
Old April 10th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Clairissa
Shining brilliantly!

Send a message via AIM to Clairissa Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Clairissa Send a message via Yahoo to Clairissa Send a message via Skype™ to Clairissa
Quote:

It doesn't seem like it has done a great deal though, even though my Litwick only grew two levels throughout the time I was training her Special Attack. She's currently level 30 - will I see a change as her level increases?
Yes, if you max out sp. attack you should see a large difference as it goes up.
The very max a litwick can have at level 50 is 128, but I'm betting you will evolve it before then, which will make it even higher since those forms have better stats.

Kanto - Johto - Hoenn - Sinnoh - Unova
Old April 10th, 2011, 01:43 PM
JP
wut?
Community Supporter

Quote:

Yeah, you should see a significant change as it grows in levels. It'll really show once it evolves though (if you do plan on doing that of course.)
Old April 10th, 2011, 06:04 PM
M kingkong M
M KINGKONG M

If i EV a pokemon to 510 normally then gave my pokemon rare candies (from action replay) till 99 then level it normally to 100 will, will there be a difference in the pokemon's stats?? or is this exactly as training it normally??

My Pokemon X FC: 4227-2515-3499
Old April 10th, 2011, 06:08 PM
JP
wut?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by M kingkong M View Post
If i EV a pokemon to 510 normally then gave my pokemon rare candies (from action replay) till 99 then level it normally to 100 will, will there be a difference in the pokemon's stats?? or is this exactly as training it normally??
Rare Candie-ing your Pokemon to level 100 after you've distributed your EV's won't effect its stats, it'll be the same as leveling it up normally.
Old April 11th, 2011, 12:33 AM
Arlen
I heart ROBOT

There is more of a WiFi battle question but anyhow:

Do I have to train my Pokemon to level 100 or do they instantly get put up to level 100 online?
Old April 11th, 2011, 02:59 AM
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlen View Post
There is more of a WiFi battle question but anyhow:

Do I have to train my Pokemon to level 100 or do they instantly get put up to level 100 online?
You're going to have to train your Pokémon to LV 100. The only level they can set you up as is LV 50. If your Pokémon are under the level of 50, they will remain at that level so keep that in mind as well.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links