The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 11th, 2011, 04:56 AM
Beechlgz
Advanced Trainer

Advertise here
Not sure if this should go in glitches, but there has to be some kind of explanation for this.

My lvl 63 Volcarona was v.s.ing a lvl 64 Psyduck. Volcarona has a base speed stat of 100 while Psyduck has a base speed stat of 55. My Volcarona has a Timid nature (benefits speed) and has a good number of EVs on its speed as well, and has 23 IVs for speed. On the first move I chose Whirlwind, but for some bizarre reason, the Psyduck got its hydro pump in first. Then my Volcarona did whirlwind!

Can anyone explain this besides it being some kind of glitch? This is a genuine game, not a ROM or a hack or anything.
Old April 11th, 2011, 05:03 AM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechlgz View Post
Not sure if this should go in glitches, but there has to be some kind of explanation for this.

My lvl 63 Volcarona was v.s.ing a lvl 64 Psyduck. Volcarona has a base speed stat of 100 while Psyduck has a base speed stat of 55. My Volcarona has a Timid nature (benefits speed) and has a good number of EVs on its speed as well, and has 23 IVs for speed. On the first move I chose Whirlwind, but for some bizarre reason, the Psyduck got its hydro pump in first. Then my Volcarona did whirlwind!

Can anyone explain this besides it being some kind of glitch? This is a genuine game, not a ROM or a hack or anything.
Were you fighting a trainer? I'm guessing it's possible for trainers to have EVs on their Pokemon just like your own.
PM
Old April 11th, 2011, 05:07 AM
Beechlgz
Advanced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post

Were you fighting a trainer? I'm guessing it's possible for trainers to have EVs on their Pokemon just like your own.

Yeah, but is it even possible for a psyduck at that level to out-speed a volcarona, ev-trained or not? Don't forget mine is also ev-trained and has a beneficial nature for speed, as well as high IVs in speed.

WAIT wait wait... I feel like an idiot now. I just realised it was probably holding quick claw.
Old April 11th, 2011, 05:11 AM
Oryx
Community Supporter

Quote:
Yeah, but is it even possible for a psyduck at that level to out-speed a volcarona, ev-trained or not? Don't forget mine is also ev-trained and has a beneficial nature for speed, as well as high IVs in speed.

WAIT wait wait... I feel like an idiot now. I just realised it was probably holding quick claw.
You would know if it was holding a quick claw, it would tell you right before he attacked "Psyduck used his Quick Claw!" Was it raining?
PM
Old April 11th, 2011, 05:14 AM
Beechlgz
Advanced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post

You would know if it was holding a quick claw, it would tell you right before he attacked "Psyduck used his Quick Claw!" Was it raining?
Oh... well it can't have been holding a quick claw. No it wasn't raining, it was indoors and it was the first move of the battle.
Old April 11th, 2011, 05:29 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Oh... well it can't have been holding a quick claw. No it wasn't raining, it was indoors and it was the first move of the battle.
Whirlwind will always go behind most moves as it has a decreased priority.
Old April 11th, 2011, 05:35 AM
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

Quote:

Whirlwind does indeed have decreased priority akin to Roar, Dragon Tail, Avalanche, Revenge etc. This means it'll go after increased and normal priority moves. It's not a glitch but it is indeed regular battle mechanics that have been in place for a while now.
Old April 11th, 2011, 05:35 AM
Beechlgz
Advanced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
Whirlwind will always go behind most moves as it has a decreased priority.
If only I knew that before... Oh well, still isn't useless though.
Old April 11th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Ashberto7
★ Celebi ★

If a pokemon is shiny in the grass or a cave will it be most likely to be in a shaking grass or a dust cloud?
Old April 11th, 2011, 07:11 AM
Oryx
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashberto7 View Post
If a pokemon is shiny in the grass or a cave will it be most likely to be in a shaking grass or a dust cloud?
No. Shaking grass/dust clouds either have another kind of Pokemon or a higher level Pokemon than the others (or an item in the case of dust clouds), not a higher shiny chance. For example, in Giant Chasm, the shaking grass yields Audinos, Clefables, and Metagross. Each of these still have the 1/8192 or whatever chance to be shiny, it's just a set of Pokemon that can't be found in normal grass.
PM
Old April 11th, 2011, 09:53 AM
peteed

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to peteed
is there a list somewhere on the internet that says what NPC's in white have X pokemon so you can "see" said pokemon for GTS trade?

3DS FC: 2449-4891-9980
Old April 11th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Oryx
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteed View Post
is there a list somewhere on the internet that says what NPC's in white have X pokemon so you can "see" said pokemon for GTS trade?
I don't think there is, unfortunately. :/
PM
Old April 11th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Maninder
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Maninder Send a message via Yahoo to Maninder Send a message via Skype™ to Maninder
In route 8 I've been to the Moor of Icirrus and now I am trying to get to Tubeline Bridge, which I checked on the map is east from Icirrus City. And these two Team Plasma geezers are blocking my way saying:
Apparently some of us are working in the Relic Castle in the Desert Resort!
I've been to the museum place and I talked to everyone they did nothing.
And I've also got 7 Gym Badges.
What do I do to get past?
Plz Help ASAP
Old April 11th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Misheard Whisper
#1 Yancy fan
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Misheard Whisper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maninder View Post
In route 8 I've been to the Moor of Icirrus and now I am trying to get to Tubeline Bridge, which I checked on the map is east from Icirrus City. And these two Team Plasma geezers are blocking my way saying:
I've been to the museum place and I talked to everyone they did nothing.
And I've also got 7 Gym Badges.
What do I do to get past?
Plz Help ASAP
Quote:
Quote:
Relic Castle
Quote:
Relic Castle
Quote:
Relic Castle
I think that's your answer right there. Seems pretty obvious to me.
Old April 11th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Clairissa
Shining brilliantly!

Send a message via AIM to Clairissa Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Clairissa Send a message via Yahoo to Clairissa Send a message via Skype™ to Clairissa
Quote:
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/isshudex.shtml - For new pokemon.

As for every other pokemon... I have no idea where a list would be, sorry, you might have to use a cheating device to encounter them or ask a friend who may have it.

Kanto - Johto - Hoenn - Sinnoh - Unova
Old April 11th, 2011, 02:35 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Unless you want to look at every route on Pokeearth on Serebii.net and find the Pokemon that way there is no way.
Old April 11th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Fiendly
Never let go.

Nature: Serious
Not sure if this has been asked before, but whats the difference between cloning.. and hacking?
I don't understand it, I always thought if you were cloning that it kinda was hacking.

Can someone clear it up for me!
Thanks
Old April 11th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Clairissa
Shining brilliantly!

Send a message via AIM to Clairissa Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Clairissa Send a message via Yahoo to Clairissa Send a message via Skype™ to Clairissa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiendly View Post
Not sure if this has been asked before, but whats the difference between cloning.. and hacking?
I don't understand it, I always thought if you were cloning that it kinda was hacking.

Thanks
In a manner of speaking pretty much, but the way cloning works is using a pokemon that was caught or bred and not created with say Pokesav, and then making a copy of it where everything is the exact same, whereas with something like Pokesav you run the risk of it being made sloppily and not legal in wi-fi battles or for the GTS.

Kanto - Johto - Hoenn - Sinnoh - Unova
Old April 11th, 2011, 03:24 PM
BlooMilk C.
Donator Tier 3

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiendly View Post

Thanks
Cloning is actually more like tweaking, because it's not editing the game in any way, just taking advantage of the bugs/glitches in Pokémon games. While hacking would be using Pokésav or an Action Replay code to hex edit the game or save files, cloning would be a sequence of actions to get a glitch to duplicate a Pokémon. If you need me to delve into this, you can ask.
Old April 11th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Sheriff Woody

How can I get spikes/stealth rock and leech seed on my ferroseed?
Old April 11th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Oryx
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Woody View Post
How can I get spikes/stealth rock and leech seed on my ferroseed?
Go here and scroll down to "By Breeding", it has a list of Pokemon that you need to breed it with to achieve the moveset you want.
PM
Old April 11th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Azure Revolver
HONK HONK

Nature: Jolly
Question about shaking grass:

What exactly factors into when shaking grass appears? Does cycling/walking around in the grass make it appear faster? Does running do so faster than cycling? Is it time-based? If I sit around and wait in the patch of grass, will it appear or do I have to keep moving?

Is there any way to make it appear faster? Are there any things that I should not do to try to make shaking grass appear?

Old April 11th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Oryx
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure Revolver View Post
Question about shaking grass:

What exactly factors into when shaking grass appears? Does cycling/walking around in the grass make it appear faster? Does running do so faster than cycling? Is it time-based? If I sit around and wait in the patch of grass, will it appear or do I have to keep moving?

Is there any way to make it appear faster? Are there any things that I should not do to try to make shaking grass appear?
It's based on steps, and not in the grass, just anywhere near it. It will appear in grass within your sight, but if you're biking past you may miss it because you're moving too fast. You have to keep moving.

What I do to fight Audinos, which is what I'm assuming you're doing: Go to Giant Chasm, just past the cave there, and make an immediate right. There's a patch of grass that's kind of long, and 2 tiles deep. Run up and down right next to the patch of grass and eventually a shaking grass will appear. It's shallow enough that you won't get into any battles while hitting the tiles for the most part. If you're looking for a rare Pokemon that just happens to be in shaking grass, just run near a patch of grass (not inside so you don't get in battles) until you see it. Keep in mind that you can use repels and such, because the shaking grass will still give you a battle regardless of repel.
PM
Old April 11th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Azure Revolver
HONK HONK

Nature: Jolly
Thanks for the response. Though I'm grinding for the Elite 4 right now, specifically trying to evolve my Rufflet.

Old April 11th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure Revolver View Post
Thanks for the response. Though I'm grinding for the Elite 4 right now, specifically trying to evolve my Rufflet.
Then just grind in Route 10. Alternatively you could just give it a Lucky Egg and let it battle two Pokemon at once with the double battle grass. I find it's an effective way to level up if Audino's take too long to appear.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here