The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 8th, 2011, 05:42 AM
Nugg
Le Diable Blanc

Nature: Relaxed
I need advice on what the best level to evolve Cottonnee would be I don't really care about the last move (Solarbeam). I just want a moveset that isn't horrible. I suppose I could try to get my hands on some TMs if needed.

Right now i'm thinking of evolving it at lv 26 when it learns giga drain. then teach it energy ball, shadow ball an u-turn. :/

Last edited by Nugg; March 8th, 2011 at 06:01 AM.
Old March 8th, 2011, 06:17 AM
Genshu
Idealistic Seeker Of Truth

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugg View Post
I need advice on what the best level to evolve Cottonnee would be I don't really care about the last move (Solarbeam). I just want a moveset that isn't horrible. I suppose I could try to get my hands on some TMs if needed.

Right now i'm thinking of evolving it at lv 26 when it learns giga drain. then teach it energy ball, shadow ball an u-turn. :/
If i was you, for Cottonee I'd train it to 37, if possible. For the move Cotton Guard.

But with Whimsicott,
- Energy Ball
-Shadow Ball would cool for it, I'd do it ha
-Cotton Guard/Light Screen For defense
-Anything you want, Maybe Hurricane at 46?
if there's an item that helps accuracy it'd be perfect for hurricane

Hope that helps

Last edited by Genshu; March 8th, 2011 at 06:23 AM.
Old March 8th, 2011, 06:41 AM
molepeople27
Pumpkin King

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to molepeople27
Okay some from what I have read in the past is that you can catch some of the original after the elite four, but the only thing I have been hearing about is the you can you catch in the white forest.
I'm a confused on this matter so forgive my ignorance; but my questions are:

1) Can you catch some of or a good bit of the Gen. I-IV Pokemon in both Black and White (excluding the White forest)

2) And, if so, what is the list of the ones you can catch (excluding white forest as well)

Disclaimer: I have tried searching this online, however the keywords never come up with the correct answer. Thank you

Foggy reptiles, dipped in moonlight
Old March 8th, 2011, 06:46 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by molepeople27 View Post
Okay some from what I have read in the past is that you can catch some of the original after the elite four, but the only thing I have been hearing about is the you can you catch in the white forest.
I'm a confused on this matter so forgive my ignorance; but my questions are:

1) Can you catch some of or a good bit of the Gen. I-IV Pokemon in both Black and White (excluding the White forest)

2) And, if so, what is the list of the ones you can catch (excluding white forest as well)

Disclaimer: I have tried searching this online, however the keywords never come up with the correct answer. Thank you :)
I believe a lot can be found through swarms, but as for others (if there are any), I'm not sure, which is why I merged it here for other responses.
Old March 8th, 2011, 06:52 AM
Shadow
Eeyah hah hah!

Send a message via AIM to Shadow Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shadow Send a message via Yahoo to Shadow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post

I believe a lot can be found through swarms, but as for others (if there are any), I'm not sure, which is why I merged it here for other responses.
Several others can be caught on routes beyond what you can access during the original game (think the Fight Area in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum) and many others can also be caught fishing. Most routes after 11 will hold some old Pokemon, I believe.

There will be several more obtainable through the Dream World when that launches, too.
Old March 8th, 2011, 06:53 AM
Roughsponge
Phenominal.

Nature: Quirky
After you've beaten B/W and get the national dex, since you are able to migrate other region pokemon from DPPt/HGSS, after they are on either B/W can you trade other region's pokemon to a B/W game without the national dex?

Sorry if this is confusing haha..
Old March 8th, 2011, 06:54 AM
molepeople27
Pumpkin King

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to molepeople27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post

Thank you! I read that page, but I don't quite understand how a swarm works. Could you explain? And at what point in the game would you be able to do this? Thanks

Foggy reptiles, dipped in moonlight
Old March 8th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Shadow
Eeyah hah hah!

Send a message via AIM to Shadow Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shadow Send a message via Yahoo to Shadow
Quote:
Originally Posted by molepeople27 View Post
Thank you! I read that page, but I don't quite understand how a swarm works. Could you explain? And at what point in the game would you be able to do this? Thanks
A swarm will happen each day after you get the National Pokedex by beating the Elite Four/first storyline.

Each day, you check gate houses and they'll tell you what routes the swarms are on. You go to those routes and the swarming Pokemon will be added to the normal variety of Pokemon found there (usually in high quantities, hence swarming).
Old March 8th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Meduza
Majestic Dawn

So far, I have my fifth Gym Badge and I'm feeling pretty good about the Pokemon White.

But ONE thing is bugging me. Evoloution stones.

I know I can't transfer any from my Gen. 5 games. I'm not sure if I can get them in White Forest, but I know I can in Black City ( I'm going to buy Black soon)

Using Entralink, Can I keep iuncreasing the population of my forest/city with just my Pokemon White and Black version or will I need to interact with diferent people to get different residents?

Pokémon of the Day

Rotom
February 25, 2011
Old March 8th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meduza View Post
So far, I have my fifth Gym Badge and I'm feeling pretty good about the Pokemon White.

But ONE thing is bugging me. Evoloution stones.

I know I can't transfer any from my Gen. 5 games. I'm not sure if I can get them in White Forest, but I know I can in Black City ( I'm going to buy Black soon)

Using Entralink, Can I keep iuncreasing the population of my forest/city with just my Pokemon White and Black version or will I need to interact with diferent people to get different residents?
They're really, really, really easy to find - I've found loads everywhere, another thing you can do is use the Dowsing machine, I used it and found a leaf stone yesterday.

Serebii has a page on where to find most items so just take a look;
http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/

If you want to evolve one of the monkeys, there is a man in the first port of castelia city that will ask you which one you want to evolve and give you the stone. (it doesn't have to be for the monkeys though)

Old March 8th, 2011, 08:36 AM
.Wolfie-kun.
The Raggedy Doctor
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Lonely
To save me making a new thread, I'll ask here (Hopefully I got it right)

I just received the Master Ball and am about to embark on Victory Road *Gulp* - I was considering saving it for when I eventually face Zekrom, but I also thought about the other legendaries such as Victini (When I get my Wi-Fi working).

What should I do?

Thanks in advance!

My Pair/Bow ties are cool

All Friend Codes - Add as 'Glyn'
Diamond: 2663-9763-5037|Platinum: 1634-6624-8742|SoulSilver: 0346-1722-8041|
|White: 0218-2733-2414|White 2: 3397-1978-8150|
Old March 8th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Zvezda
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Sassy
Save your Masterball, Victini is ridiculously easy to catch. I have it in a plain ol' Pokeball.
Old March 8th, 2011, 08:51 AM
mzmingle
Okay What?...

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Wolfie-kun. View Post
To save me making a new thread, I'll ask here (Hopefully I got it right)

I just received the Master Ball and am about to embark on Victory Road *Gulp* - I was considering saving it for when I eventually face Zekrom, but I also thought about the other legendaries such as Victini (When I get my Wi-Fi working).

What should I do?

Thanks in advance!
Victini is only level fifteen, if you have a level 10-20 pokemon when you get it, and a pokeball, its easy to catch. I caught it with one pokeball.
For Zekrom, maybe. I kept the Masterball for someone else, I caught Zekrom with an ultra ball. Zekrom has a 45 Catch rate, so just use it for somebody like Reshiram, Metagross, Thundurus or whatever.

Hope I helped xx
Old March 8th, 2011, 10:29 AM
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
Is there any Pokemon in Gen 5 that can learn Surf, Fly, Waterfall and Dive?

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker and Little Big Planet 3

☆ Currently playing: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire and Shovel Knight

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2
Old March 8th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Shady Soldier
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Brave
Send a message via AIM to Shady Soldier
are there any good fire Pokemon in White Version i chose to get the water starter and i have the fire pansear but its only level 15 and its not very strong , are there any other really good fire pokemon i can catch or look forward too while i train my pansear ?
Old March 8th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Shadow
Eeyah hah hah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totodile42 View Post
Is there any Pokemon in Gen 5 that can learn Surf, Fly, Waterfall and Dive?
Ducklett and its evolution can get all but Waterfall. Don't think there's a new Pokemon that gets all of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Soldier View Post
are there any good fire Pokemon in White Version i chose to get the water starter and i have the fire pansear but its only level 15 and its not very strong , are there any other really good fire pokemon i can catch or look forward too while i train my pansear ?
You can get Darumaka on Route 4.
Old March 8th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughsponge View Post
After you've beaten B/W and get the national dex, since you are able to migrate other region pokemon from DPPt/HGSS, after they are on either B/W can you trade other region's pokemon to a B/W game without the national dex?

Sorry if this is confusing haha.. :P
Seems this question was missed.

And yes you can. Plenty of others have done that, so there's no reason why you can't.
Old March 8th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Lateon
The Eon Follower

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Lateon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lateon Send a message via Yahoo to Lateon
I accidentaly knocked out Tornadus while attempting to catch it. Do the roaming pokemon in BW regenerate after you beat the elite four like in DPPt, or is he gone for good? I couldn't find anything on google

Forum Activity
Wifi Activity

Currently Working On

Old March 8th, 2011, 01:33 PM
rstevenson1976
The Eevee-Loution Master

Location: USA GMT-5 so keep that in mind when trading with me
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to rstevenson1976 Send a message via Yahoo to rstevenson1976
I asked this before but no one's responded, am I going to miss anything important before my game ships on the 28th?
oh my god! my account still exists in this kiddie pool? guess what! these mods you are all bowing down to? they're all kids themselves! I swear it's like a real adult working at burger world and bowing down to the acne faced dweeb that is doing his high school homework in his little office while yelling at you to clean out the grease trap! it's just a freaking game!!!! eventually you will all grow out of it!!! see you in the real world. I'm out!!!
Old March 8th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Erufuun
apple bunny lover <3

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Erufuun
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevenson1976 View Post
I asked this before but no one's responded, am I going to miss anything important before my game ships on the 28th?
No sir, you will not. :3
There is only one current event out for Pokemon Black and White, and it ends on the 10th of April. (The Liberty pass used to get Victini)

Old March 8th, 2011, 02:48 PM
juxta
3181 0814 1066

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to juxta
Hey, I already put a question up yesterday but didn't get answered.
I just finished the elite four, and catching Reshiram and received the national dex. So I went into route 11 (My pokemon are all level 50-52) and it seems that the wild pokemon are my level and the trainers are about 64 am i severely under leveled or?

Be who you are.
Not who your told to be.

Black FC: 0475 6853 2663
Old March 8th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Lateon
The Eon Follower

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Lateon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lateon Send a message via Yahoo to Lateon
Quote:
Originally Posted by juxta View Post
Hey, I already put a question up yesterday but didn't get answered.
I just finished the elite four, and catching Reshiram and received the national dex. So I went into route 11 (My pokemon are all level 50-52) and it seems that the wild pokemon are my level and the trainers are about 64 am i severely under leveled or?
Nope, it's the same here. I found that despite being 10 levels higher, they relatively easy to beat though. I think GF is just giving you someplace to train, since there isn't a way to re-battle anyone.

Forum Activity
Wifi Activity

Currently Working On

Old March 8th, 2011, 03:02 PM
juxta
3181 0814 1066

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to juxta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateon View Post
Nope, it's the same here. I found that despite being 10 levels higher, they relatively easy to beat though. I think GF is just giving you someplace to train, since there isn't a way to re-battle anyone.
Ah that's what I thought, and yeah I noticed the trainers were actually easy even though they're pokemon are in the 60's haha.
But the funniest thing is, i'm getting less experience (with lucky egg) then I did using the lucky egg say in victory road, and the elite four..
I think that has to do with the evolutions though.

Be who you are.
Not who your told to be.

Black FC: 0475 6853 2663
Old March 8th, 2011, 03:03 PM
NathanC
Beginning Trainer

Hi,
i was wondering does any one here know if the the pokemon in the updated pokedex after you defeat the team plasma leader and credits show shortly after when you click on your saved game again and arrive back home (then pokedex gets upgraded outside house) .. the list of pokemon on there after can you catch them all ?

to shorten the question can you catch charizard and pikichu (the older version pokemon ? lol

Thanks in advance :D
Old March 8th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Cyndaquil312
I'm Back!

Nature: Brave
I don't know if this is just something I'm experiencing, or if it's a wide spread issue, But is any one else having these issues while playing Black and/or White?

1. I just received a brand new battery for my DS lite, let it charge all night long. When I started playing, I had the back-light set to low, the sound off and never turned on the c-gear, after less than an hour my battery was in the red, same with the used battery in my other DS lite.

2. The DS becoming unusually warm around the battery compartment, speakers, and where the stylist goes while playing.

3. closing the DS (sleep mode) and when I reopen it the system turns off (this only happened twice (so far), I may have hit the power switch when I reopened it the first time, the second time it happened the DS was open on the charger and just turned off).

4. Fully charged battery, I start the game and turn on the C-Gear, within 5-10 minuets, My battery is in the red.

I've gone back and played on my Diamond, Pearl, and Soul Silver games, and did not have any issues on either of my systems, these have only happened on Black and white, I'm assuming that since the game is meant for the 3DS, that perhaps it's just causing my DSlite to over work, thus causing the issue(s).

*sorry if this is posted in the wrong spot...*

Sponsored Links