The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 8th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Speed
Skyward

Nature: Quirky
It's not your game, it's probably your DS. I have a DS lite too, it works just fine when I play Black on it. The games aren't designed for the 3DS either, or else they would've been released after the 3DS was, and wouldn't work on a DS.
Old March 8th, 2011, 04:10 PM
LuVrDiSC
pokéGirL Power !

Nature: Modest
does anyone know...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuVrDiSC View Post
if i transform ROTOM into a Washing Machine and transfer him over to pokemon Black does he turn back into regular Rotom?

What is a good Nature for Oshawatt > Samurott that corresponds to their natural skills in evolution.

also Snivy?

Last edited by Forever; March 8th, 2011 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Merged posts due to thread merge, avoiding double post.
Old March 8th, 2011, 04:16 PM
.Aero
Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Depends on what you want. Modest and Timid would be good if you want to use its naturally higher special attack, or Adamant or Jolly could be used if you want to use a Swords Dance / Megahorn combo. Got for Adamant or Modest however, as his speed only reaches base 70 upon evolving to Samurott.
Old March 8th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Weavile05
Currently Hacking BW

Nature: Lax
Does shaking grass never occur at night or something?
I was grinding off of Audino and it turned night and all of a sudden the grass never shook again.
EDIT: Nevermind, but does it get more rare or something? cuz it seems to happen less often.

Hoenn, 1 Badge
My Youtube Channel: Check out my Pokemon Red Walkthrough
Pokemon White FC: 2322 5491 2643

Last edited by Weavile05; March 8th, 2011 at 05:18 PM.
Old March 8th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Nature: Brave
Do I have to be walking in the grass to activate shaking-grass event Pokemon, or can I be walking on the route part?

Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
"My scar makes me sassy, child!"
The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
The French Club
Old March 8th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Kaori
tragedy

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusshin View Post
Do I have to be walking in the grass to activate shaking-grass event Pokemon, or can I be walking on the route part?
What makes this an easier process is the fact you can just walk in the area the grass is in without the need to actually be in it to activate the shaking grass. :)

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old March 8th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaori View Post

What makes this an easier process is the fact you can just walk in the area the grass is in without the need to be in it to activate the shaking grass. :)
@_@ *did not compute*

So does that mean I can be walking on a route part (no Pokemon will pop out) and activate the shaking grass?
Old March 8th, 2011, 07:31 PM
peteed

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to peteed
can anyone confirm 100% that pokemon black and white treats a 3DS as a DSi for the DSi only/enhanced features?

3DS FC: 2449-4891-9980
Old March 8th, 2011, 07:37 PM
jcpennygex
Beginning Trainer

I beat N at the end of the game. Then i had to face the other green haired dude with the weird eye thing, but I lost. Then it sent me to the pokemon center right before i face the elite four, but when i tried to go back to face the green haired dude, it wouldn't let me. Where do I go?! How do I get back!?!?! Can anyone help me?!?!?
Old March 8th, 2011, 08:21 PM
peteed

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to peteed
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpennygex View Post
I beat N at the end of the game. Then i had to face the other green haired dude with the weird eye thing, but I lost. Then it sent me to the pokemon center right before i face the elite four, but when i tried to go back to face the green haired dude, it wouldn't let me. Where do I go?! How do I get back!?!?! Can anyone help me?!?!?
normally there is the elite 4 then the 5th is the champion of the elite 4 and it sounds like you failed on the champion

from the looks you have to re-fight all the elite 4 to get back there

3DS FC: 2449-4891-9980
Old March 8th, 2011, 08:30 PM
LuVrDiSC
pokéGirL Power !

for Pokemon BLACK, do you have to beat the story/game & go thru the Elite 4, get the Nat Dex before you can transfer pokes from soulsilver to black?
Old March 9th, 2011, 12:44 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
for Pokemon BLACK, do you have to beat the story/game & go thru the Elite 4, get the Nat Dex before you can transfer pokes from soulsilver to black?
Yes, you have to beat the E4, N and Ghestis and get the National Dex before you can use the PokeTransfer. The exception is the Relocator, when you can transfer a shiny event legendary beast (Raikou, Entei or Suicune) or Celebi to access the Zoroark and Zorua events respectively.

Old March 9th, 2011, 01:15 AM
moon_light
Beginning Trainer

I was told that ev training stays the same in this game except that stats are recalculated at the end of every battle instead of during leveling up. That being said, my pokemon should increase by 1 stat in defense after fighting 4 roggenrola, but for some reason no matter how many I fight the stats don't go up, does anyone know why?
Old March 9th, 2011, 05:04 AM
SpaceBall
Beginning Trainer

Is it possible to breed nidoran *m or f* or their evolutions? i looked on serebii and it says they can't breed. maybe i read it wrong? anyone know ?

Pokemon White: 2752 0372 2625
Old March 9th, 2011, 05:19 AM
o3o

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to o3o
If I'm correct, Nidoqueen cannot breed, but Nidoran♀ can. I am not sure if Nidorina can, however.

pinkie pie.

Old March 9th, 2011, 05:20 AM
Virtual Headache

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusshin View Post

@_@ *did not compute*

So does that mean I can be walking on a route part (no Pokemon will pop out) and activate the shaking grass?
Yes, you can. I often keep cycling up and down a route right on the side of the grass so I can make them appear.

Old March 9th, 2011, 05:39 AM
SpaceBall
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by o3o View Post
If I'm correct, Nidoqueen cannot breed, but Nidoran♀ can. I am not sure if Nidorina can, however.
Ah, okay thanks wish i'd bred my nidoran before evolving it lol.

Anone know if there's a sort of battle tower in pokemon b&w? i was wanting to enter a 'little cup' :D . Loved the good old days on the n64... hope they have something like this in this generation

Last edited by SpaceBall; March 9th, 2011 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 9th, 2011, 05:41 AM
o3o

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to o3o
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBall View Post
Ah, okay thanks wish i'd bred my nidoran before evolving it lol.
If you have a Ditto, you can breed a Nidoking with a Ditto, if I'm correct. That way you will get a Nidoran♂/♀ ~

pinkie pie.

Old March 9th, 2011, 05:42 AM
SpaceBall
Beginning Trainer

Anone know if there's a sort of battle tower in pokemon b&w? i was wanting to enter a 'little cup' :D . Loved the good old days on the n64... hope they have something like this in this generation

Old March 9th, 2011, 06:36 AM
LuVrDiSC
pokéGirL Power !

that is SOOO stupid i have to beat the E4 to transfer my pokemon. what if you want to use your pokemon from SoulSilver to play through pokemon Black? that is laaame. ill just stick with soulsilver then
Old March 9th, 2011, 06:50 AM
Mason69
Sleeping...

Someone probably asked this before but here it go:
Can i trade pokés from Soul Silver to White before becoming the champion?

My Shop
FC: 3797 7955 8652
IGN: Samuel
If we have a pending trade and I didn't say anything please remember me, since I have a lot going on I forget sometimes.

Old March 9th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Lateon
The Eon Follower

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Lateon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lateon Send a message via Yahoo to Lateon
Quote:
that is SOOO stupid i have to beat the E4 to transfer my pokemon. what if you want to use your pokemon from SoulSilver to play through pokemon Black? that is laaame. ill just stick with soulsilver then
You're kidding, right? Half the fun is in playing through the game with the new pokemon. Why would you ruin it by transferring your level 60+ pokemon over? Besides the fact you wouldn't be able to make them listen to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateon View Post
I accidentaly knocked out Tornadus while attempting to catch it. Do the roaming pokemon in BW regenerate after you beat the elite four like in DPPt, or is he gone for good? I couldn't find anything on google
Anyone?

Forum Activity
Wifi Activity

Currently Working On

Old March 9th, 2011, 08:45 AM
CoffeeWolf
Trainer

Nature: Naive
Can anyone tell me if the wild Pokemon in Victory Road get to higher levels the further you go? (if that makes sense)

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 9th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Kww37
Beginning Trainer

When can I access entry to the dragonspiral tower? Is it when I defeat the 7th gym leader?
Old March 9th, 2011, 08:52 AM
abnegation
proudly paired with adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateon View Post
Anyone?
I assume that once you beat it, it's gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeWolf View Post
Can anyone tell me if the wild Pokemon in Victory Road get to higher levels the further you go? (if that makes sense)
Yupp, they range from level 36 on the first floor, to 42 on the 7th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kww37 View Post
When can I access entry to the dragonspiral tower? Is it when I defeat the 7th gym leader?
Yeah, you need to beat Brycen.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links