The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 9th, 2011, 10:08 AM
LuVrDiSC
pokéGirL Power !

Nature: Modest
i just want to play with my Blissey that Elite Overlord LeSabre™ gave me. blissey is my world
Old March 9th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Caeke
Beginning Trainer

Heya!
Yesterday I got Pokémon Black and I'm already up to Reshiram. That was when I happened to come across a article about shiney Pokémon. Ever since then I've been obsesed with how I can get my hands on a shiney Reshiram. I don't really want to use Pokésav, as its cheating, I would rather spend hours doing whatever is required just to feel I earnt it. So yeah, can anyone fill me in on how to go about obtaining a shiney version? I know theres a "official" shiney thread, but I didnt think that seemed like the right place to ask questions (Sorry if im wrong!)

But also I read this:
pokemonelite2000 dot com /7389/the-shiny-factor-reshiram-and-zekrom
(PLEASE READ, cant post url's because im new, but just change the dot and remove spaces.)
Which says shiney Reshiram can't be obtained the first time you meet him or something? And even speculates that it's not available atall? What? Can someone please try and help me out, because I dont really want to capture Reshiram and then realize I just missed my chance to get a shiney version of him.

P.S- I caught the legendry dogs last night, was there a chance they could of been shiney by turning on and off the game repeatedly, or soft reseting, whatever its called xD

Help a newbie please!
Much love!
Lew,
x
Old March 9th, 2011, 11:54 AM
j2y8n2x
Gothitelle iz naught imprezzed

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caeke View Post
Heya!
Yesterday I got Pokémon Black and I'm already up to Reshiram. That was when I happened to come across a article about shiney Pokémon. Ever since then I've been obsesed with how I can get my hands on a shiney Reshiram. I don't really want to use Pokésav, as its cheating, I would rather spend hours doing whatever is required just to feel I earnt it. So yeah, can anyone fill me in on how to go about obtaining a shiney version? I know theres a "official" shiney thread, but I didnt think that seemed like the right place to ask questions (Sorry if im wrong!)

But also I read this:
pokemonelite2000 dot com /7389/the-shiny-factor-reshiram-and-zekrom
(PLEASE READ, cant post url's because im new, but just change the dot and remove spaces.)
Which says shiney Reshiram can't be obtained the first time you meet him or something? And even speculates that it's not available atall? What? Can someone please try and help me out, because I dont really want to capture Reshiram and then realize I just missed my chance to get a shiney version of him.

P.S- I caught the legendry dogs last night, was there a chance they could of been shiney by turning on and off the game repeatedly, or soft reseting, whatever its called xD

Help a newbie please!
Much love!
Lew,
x
Whether a Reshiram is shiny is totally dependent on your Trainer ID number, which part of it is hidden.

You just have to be lucky, and if your Reshiram isn't shiny, and even after beating N, it is still not shiny, then it will never be shiny.

(In theory, a shiny Reshiram will only show its shininess AFTER you beat N. So a Reshiram will always appear as non-shiny before you beat N. Meaning that there is a slight chance for it to turn shiny after your beat N)
Old March 9th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Mason69
Sleeping...

Well i wanted to transfer mine so that i could reopen my trade thread...

My Shop
FC: 3797 7955 8652
IGN: Samuel
If we have a pending trade and I didn't say anything please remember me, since I have a lot going on I forget sometimes.

Old March 9th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Winson
Legendary Pokemon Master

I just got my pre-ordered Pokemon Black and White games today because it released today in Australia! XD

But I'm afraid to start it because it might have a secret determined thing after starting like the Trainer ID thing that determines Trainer Avatars and what fossil you get in Pokemon Platinum.

Does Pokemon Black and White have any of those? O:
Cause there's two perfect girls for me
HAHAHA! ALRIGHT! XD <3

I'm an Emo Pokemon Trainer with years of experiece... PM me if you want to have a battle...

Name: Winson
Pokemon Diamond Friend Code: 4940 3034 7963
Pokemon SoulSilver Friend Code: 4039 9511 9814
Old March 9th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Headache View Post
Yes, you can. I often keep cycling up and down a route right on the side of the grass so I can make them appear.
Thank you! :D That's what I'll start doing, too.
Old March 9th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Pokemon Trainer Kevin

Nature: Adamant
Anyone know if the GTS Trade Evolution glitch works on B/W?
Also, when is the earliest point in game where you see Zoura/Zoroark?
Old March 9th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Kevin View Post
Anyone know if the GTS Trade Evolution glitch works on B/W?
Also, when is the earliest point in game where you see Zoura/Zoroark?
I read you can only get Zorua by presenting an event Pokemon to an NPC, and that it's not found elsewhere.

Might be wrong.

It's in Castelia somewhere.
Old March 9th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Pokemon Trainer Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusshin View Post

I read you can only get Zorua by presenting an event Pokemon to an NPC, and that it's not found elsewhere.

Might be wrong.

It's in Castelia somewhere.
I meant is there a trainer that has one so you can search it on the GTS
Old March 9th, 2011, 03:58 PM
インフェルノの津波
Seriously?
Community Supporter

Actually, Yusshin, you go to the Gamefreak Building and they show you it so that you can find it via GTS.
Old March 9th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Winson
Legendary Pokemon Master

I just got my pre-ordered Pokemon Black and White games today because it released today in Australia! XD

But I'm afraid to start it because it might have a secret determined thing after starting like the Trainer ID thing that determines Trainer Avatars and what fossil you get in Pokemon Platinum.

Does Pokemon Black and White have any of those? O:
HAHAHA! ALRIGHT! XD <3

I'm an Emo Pokemon Trainer with years of experiece... PM me if you want to have a battle...

Old March 9th, 2011, 04:42 PM
インフェルノの津波
Seriously?
Community Supporter

Well you can choose which Fossil you want, Trainer avatars can be chosen as well, Wi-Fi I mean.

After you beat the game, you get random fossils from all regions.
Old March 9th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Winson
Legendary Pokemon Master

Originally Posted by インフェルノの津波 View Post
Well you can choose which Fossil you want, Trainer avatars can be chosen as well, Wi-Fi I mean.

After you beat the game, you get random fossils from all regions.
Do I get to choose any of all Trainer Avatar or any of only four of all like Gen 4?
HAHAHA! ALRIGHT! XD <3

Old March 9th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Pokemon Trainer Kevin

Quote:
Actually, Yusshin, you go to the Gamefreak Building and they show you it so that you can find it via GTS.
Thank You
But I still need to know is the GTS Trade evolution glitch still works because I really want to evolve my Gurdurr into Conkeldurr. No one near me plays Pokemon and I only have one DS
Old March 9th, 2011, 05:30 PM
インフェルノの津波
Seriously?
Community Supporter

You can choose all of them. I think you have to set it somewhere though...
Old March 9th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Can shaking grass and blubbing water be active simultaneously?

Meaning, if there's a blubbing water spot, can shaking grass still occur, or is it a unique instance and I'll have to change maps in order for the shaking grass to happen?
Old March 9th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Giratina666
Beginning Trainer

is anyone else haveing a problem makeing victini shiny? everytime i try it freezes. if someone knows what im doing wwrong help me.
Old March 9th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Weavile05
Currently Hacking BW

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giratina666 View Post
is anyone else haveing a problem makeing victini shiny? everytime i try it freezes. if someone knows what im doing wwrong help me.
Victini is programmed to never be shiny, sorry.

Hoenn, 1 Badge
My Youtube Channel: Check out my Pokemon Red Walkthrough
Pokemon White FC: 2322 5491 2643
Old March 9th, 2011, 07:48 PM
インフェルノの津波
Seriously?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusshin View Post
Can shaking grass and blubbing water be active simultaneously?

Meaning, if there's a blubbing water spot, can shaking grass still occur, or is it a unique instance and I'll have to change maps in order for the shaking grass to happen?
Nope, you have to leave the map area in order for opposite to happen.
Old March 9th, 2011, 09:21 PM
AyameHikaru
Beauty Queen

Nature: Impish
Quote:
You can choose all of them. I think you have to set it somewhere though...
It's on the Trainer Card. Second or third option down says a trainer class. Tap it and it changes to another one. Tap it again and again until you hit one you like.
Ultimate Fire Type Challenge: Johto, 10 Badges
Lyrics Challenge: Kanto, 1 Badge
Nuzlocke Challenge: Kanto, 0 Badges
Monochrome Challenge: Hoenn, 5 Badges
Old March 9th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Erufuun
apple bunny lover <3

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Erufuun
I just wanna ask everyone this question, is Pokemon Black and/or white giving your DS a very hard time battery life wise?
I always have the sound turned off, the screens dim, and even the C-gear off, and my DS goes red within a few hours!! This like never happened before.
Is it just me? Am I maybe just playing the game too much? (If there is such a thing) Or does Black and White take up more of your DS's energy for the rest of you?

Old March 9th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Lateon
The Eon Follower

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Lateon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lateon Send a message via Yahoo to Lateon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erufuun View Post
I just wanna ask everyone this question, is Pokemon Black and/or white giving your DS a very hard time battery life wise?
I always have the sound turned off, the screens dim, and even the C-gear off, and my DS goes red within a few hours!! This like never happened before.
Is it just me? Am I maybe just playing the game too much? (If there is such a thing) Or does Black and White take up more of your DS's energy for the rest of you?
I'm glad it isn't just me. I figured it was from overplaying the game or having the c-gear on. My theory now is that the improved graphics had to come from somewhere, so probably the battery is suffering because of them.

Forum Activity
Wifi Activity

Currently Working On

Old March 9th, 2011, 10:45 PM
The Corrupt Plague
Missingno. hunter

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Kevin View Post

Thank You
But I still need to know is the GTS Trade evolution glitch still works because I really want to evolve my Gurdurr into Conkeldurr. No one near me plays Pokemon and I only have one DS
I tried it in Black with a Boldore and it didn't work. I think they fixed it this time around.

Credit goes to Team Brushfire for the awesome banner!
Old March 10th, 2011, 01:50 AM
moon_light
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_light View Post
I was told that ev training stays the same in this game except that stats are recalculated at the end of every battle instead of during leveling up. That being said, my pokemon should increase by 1 stat in defense after fighting 4 roggenrola, but for some reason no matter how many I fight the stats don't go up, does anyone know why?
does anyone know the answer to this? I've been ev training for a day and stats are still not going up ><

also, my battery life seems okay
it goes down faster compared to another game I play but I can still play BW for a number of hours before I need to charge the DS
Old March 10th, 2011, 03:35 AM
Weavile05
Currently Hacking BW

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erufuun View Post
I would say my battery life isn't so hot anymore compared to when I'm playing other games, but I'm used to that with my iPod and PSP, plus, it's a small price to pay for how awesome these games are. C-gear also definitely runs the battery down faster.

When you do a WiFi battle, how do you get it so that it rounds the levels up or down to 50 or 100?

Hoenn, 1 Badge
My Youtube Channel: Check out my Pokemon Red Walkthrough
Pokemon White FC: 2322 5491 2643
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links