Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page B W Quick Questions

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread

Old June 2nd, 2011 (08:31 PM).
CoquettishCat
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Sydian:
Is there someone or something I can talk to that can tell me how many eggs I've hatched?
I feel like that's something you randomly see on a TV, but I can't be positive.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old June 2nd, 2011 (08:46 PM).

so Is there no ways to find out Ivs from pokemon I just hatched? Sorry Metalkid's calculator is kind of confusing XD

My Trade Thread- The PokeKennel
Old June 2nd, 2011 (11:41 PM). Edited June 2nd, 2011 by Gymnotide.
8377 | Scorpaeniform

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by brushfire2:
so Is there no ways to find out Ivs from pokemon I just hatched? Sorry Metalkid's calculator is kind of confusing XD
You need to level it up substantially before the calculator is even nearly accurate. Make sure it doesn't get any EVs though (that is, use Rare Candies). You could also hack the game's coding to find out, but that's generally frowned upon for some reason.

Quote originally posted by Toujours:

I feel like that's something you randomly see on a TV, but I can't be positive.
Confirmed. However, the chances of getting that specific statistic is very inconsistent. I think the show is called "Your Pokemon," and all they do is tell you useless facts like how many trainers you've battled, how many times you've fled, etc.

Though, I do wonder how they know that information anyway.

"I want to tear myself from this place, from this reality, rise up like a cloud and float away, melt into this humid summer night and dissolve somewhere far, over the hills. But I am here, my legs blocks of concrete, my lungs empty of air, my throat burning. There will be no floating away."

Khaled Hosseini

→ Refresh for a different picture
→ White FC: Haruka 0347 0171 1756

whoever disabled my signature:
my signature is not even close to 300px tall.
i dont understand why it was disabled.
Old June 3rd, 2011 (01:44 AM).
You like dragons?
Crystal Tier

Nature: Hasty
If you don't mind having to save and perhaps losing Battle Subway progress, chuck them into a Subway line. (Use this on the regular lines after you unlock Super Trains for progress safety.)

It'll autolevel your Pokémon. After that, chuck in the numbers and let your IV calculator do its thing.

These days, IV calculators are relatively straightforward - in fact, a lot of stuff are entirely optional. With autolevelling to Level 50, you should be able to safely input stat values directly. You don't have to bother with anything else other than species.
Old June 3rd, 2011 (07:52 AM).
happy

I'm quite new to B/W and since my instruction booklet is in Dutch (I don't understand Dutch so well), could anyone be so kind and explain to me what the Dream World is and how you use it?
Old June 3rd, 2011 (07:57 AM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Chatot Lover:
I'm quite new to B/W and since my instruction booklet is in Dutch (I don't understand Dutch so well), could anyone be so kind and explain to me what the Dream World is and how you use it?
The Dream World is found on the global link site from www.pokemon.com. Basically, it allows you to upload your save file into a "dream state" where your Pokemon can befriend other Pokemon to meet during actual gameplay. You can also get berries and play mini-games there. :3

For more information, check the DW part of our faq [ here. ]
Old June 3rd, 2011 (01:06 PM).

So I got this Eevee from GTS and I didn't even know it's moves. Then today I noticed on one of the trading threads that one of the guys had Noted Specifically that he had eevee's with the move Wish, as if it was special or something, so curiously I went only and found out that several people are breeding eevees with the moves, Wish, Curse, and Yawn. and Mine has all 3 moves! How valuable is a Wish/Curse/Yawn Eevee tradewise?

My Trade Thread- The PokeKennel
Old June 3rd, 2011 (06:49 PM).
Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
So I got this Eevee from GTS and I didn't even know it's moves. Then today I noticed on one of the trading threads that one of the guys had Noted Specifically that he had eevee's with the move Wish, as if it was special or something, so curiously I went only and found out that several people are breeding eevees with the moves, Wish, Curse, and Yawn. and Mine has all 3 moves! How valuable is a Wish/Curse/Yawn Eevee tradewise?
Meh, they're pretty easy to come across, it mainly depends on their Iv's as well. It also depends on who wants it.
it'll keep you up all night

boy you belong to me
i got the recipe
and it's called black magic

1349 6159 4149 // black magic
Old June 3rd, 2011 (09:29 PM).
8377 | Scorpaeniform

Eevee is part of the Ground Egg Group, which Smeargle is in. Therefore, it's beyond easy to get any combination of Egg Moves on Eevee, so long as you breed a female Eevee (or evolution) with a male Smeargle with those moves.

These Egg Moves, in Generation V, include Charm, Covet, Curse, Detect, Endure, Fake Tears, Flail, Natural Gift, Stored Power, Synchronoise, Tickle, Wish, and Yawn.

"I want to tear myself from this place, from this reality, rise up like a cloud and float away, melt into this humid summer night and dissolve somewhere far, over the hills. But I am here, my legs blocks of concrete, my lungs empty of air, my throat burning. There will be no floating away."

Khaled Hosseini

Old June 4th, 2011 (08:13 AM).

My current team is Krokorok, Boldore, Zebstrika, Axew, Samurott, and Simisear. My question regards Simisear. Should I keep him or box him? I evolved him really early. He is level 34 now and the only fire move he knows is incinerate. Does he learn any more fire moves?
Old June 4th, 2011 (09:28 AM).
8377 | Scorpaeniform

Quote originally posted by Alred13:
My current team is Krokorok, Boldore, Zebstrika, Axew, Samurott, and Simisear. My question regards Simisear. Should I keep him or box him? I evolved him really early. He is level 34 now and the only fire move he knows is incinerate. Does he learn any more fire moves?
Like most stone evolution Pokemon, Simisear ceases to learn moves after he evolves. He is allowed to learn Flame Burst (70 bP 100 ACC, recently updated Bulbapedia in regards to how the splash works in double / triple battles, if you're interested) in Mistralton City in exchange for a Heart Scale at the Move Family's House. He can also learn Flamethrower, Overheat, and Flame Charge through TM; the two former cannot be obtained before the Elite Four, while the latter is obtained pretty late in the game at the Tubeline Bridge.

This is okay because the only other worthwhile moves Pansear learned that Simisear are Yawn and Crunch.

Consider Grass Knot (TM in Pinwheel Forest), Focus Blast (TM in Wellspring Cave, after you get Surf), and Hidden Power (TM from Professor Juniper after seeing a lot of Pokemon).

Since Simisear's bATK and bSpATK are both equal, you can consider the physical moves as well. He learns Brick Break (TM in Icirrus City), Dig (TM before Nimbasa City, in the desert), Rock Tomb (TM in Resort Desert), Rock Slide (TM in Mistralton Cave), Acrobatics (TM from Skyla), and Shadow Claw (TM in Celestial Tower).

Khaled Hosseini

Old June 4th, 2011 (11:53 AM).
Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP

Send a message via Skype™ to CptSwaggerPants
Does anyone know N's height/weight? Or can anyone ball park it for me?

Skuntank Pro

Almost always online. X/Y FC: 0189 9159 0185

LF: Arceus 5/6 IV or shiny Giratina Adamant 5/6IV.
Old June 4th, 2011 (12:17 PM).
CoquettishCat
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by CptSwaggerPants:
Does anyone know N's height/weight? Or can anyone ball park it for me?
No one really knows, but let's do a little experiment. :3 A Rubik's Cube is 2.25 inches every direction. I took the cube and pasted it over and over again next to N, and it came out to around 16 of them. That means he's 36 inches tall! You're welcome.

But bad proportions aside, I would guess he's about 5'8-6'0 with a small frame, which would put him around 145-160. But then against, I could be way off.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old June 4th, 2011 (10:06 PM).
Keeping time time time

If you defeat Reshiram/Zekrom instead of capturing it the first time, can you soft reset for a nature when you fight it again? Or is the nature set the first time you fight it?

Old June 4th, 2011 (10:40 PM).
8377 | Scorpaeniform

Quote originally posted by PokéSwimmer:
If you defeat Reshiram/Zekrom instead of capturing it the first time, can you soft reset for a nature when you fight it again? Or is the nature set the first time you fight it?
Like every overworld Pokemon, I'm pretty sure you can.

Khaled Hosseini

Old June 6th, 2011 (02:07 PM).

Has anyone heard of victiny knowing fusion flare and fusion something
Old June 6th, 2011 (02:12 PM).
World Class Baka

Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrax
It's a special event Victini for the 14th movie.
Old June 6th, 2011 (03:27 PM).
8377 | Scorpaeniform

No one really knows, but let's do a little experiment. :3 A Rubik's Cube is 2.25 inches every direction. I took the cube and pasted it over and over again next to N, and it came out to around 16 of them. That means he's 36 inches tall! You're welcome.

But bad proportions aside, I would guess he's about 5'8-6'0 with a small frame, which would put him around 145-160. But then against, I could be way off.
You're using the wrong proportion. The cube is tilted in the picture, so you need to tilt it back sideways. Then, when you line them up, you get about 23 cubes worth, equal to 51.75 inches, or 4.31 feet. Since N is also extremely bent in this picture, that pushes him up to around 5 feet tall (I did calcs, but I lost them). N's angle relative to the viewer also makes the picture skewed (he's tilted away from the y-axis), bumping him a few inches, maybe 1 to 3, over 5 feet. This isn't so bad, seeing how the playable trainer doesn't fall too far from that either (based on Pokedex stats).

Khaled Hosseini

Old June 6th, 2011 (03:32 PM).
Pokefan for life!! (:

Nature: Calm
Everytime I try to trade with someone in wifi club, it freezes. It just says Communicating with (name)... and quits after a few minutes. I know the issue has been around for awhile, so does anyone know a quick solution? We've tried re-entering. Doesn't work. It has been working until I tried trading with this one person. I don't know if it is his connection or not, but it still doesn't seem right. Are the servers just full or what?

"Peace under an illusion is not true peace. It's only meaningful if the real world manages to accomplish it." - Gaara ♥

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.

Old June 6th, 2011 (03:35 PM).
Seriously?
Silver Tier

Nature: Adamant
Erase and re-enter FCs, works sometimes.
Old June 6th, 2011 (05:47 PM).

hey i just played online in black. I had a fully trained Feraligatr with decent stats go up against a volcorona, it used overheat and OHKO'd my feraligatr as it went on to kill the rest of my team. Is this just good ev training or do you think it was a hacked pokemon?
Old June 6th, 2011 (05:59 PM).
Novice Breeder

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by Skuntank:
hey i just played online in black. I had a fully trained Feraligatr with decent stats go up against a volcorona, it used overheat and OHKO'd my feraligatr as it went on to kill the rest of my team. Is this just good ev training or do you think it was a hacked pokemon?
Probably not, it was probably just EV'd/IV'd or your gator just didn't have enough ev's in special defense. Plus volcorona has really high spA STAB, and overheat has a very high base power to begin with.
Old June 6th, 2011 (06:03 PM).
CoquettishCat
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Skuntank:
If your Special Defense is at the highest possible while EV trained in defense with a helpful nature, it will do 56-65 damage to him (assuming a perfect Volcarona with a helpful nature to Sp. Atk and EV trained in it, which is reasonable). However, in the opposite case with Feraligator having lowest possible Special Defense, it would do 103-121 damage. This is assuming it doesn't have something that would raise its damage as a held item, which I don't know from what you said.

Source

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old June 6th, 2011 (06:27 PM).
8377 | Scorpaeniform

If your Special Defense is at the highest possible while EV trained in defense with a helpful nature, it will do 56-65 damage to him (assuming a perfect Volcarona with a helpful nature to Sp. Atk and EV trained in it, which is reasonable). However, in the opposite case with Feraligator having lowest possible Special Defense, it would do 103-121 damage. This is assuming it doesn't have something that would raise its damage as a held item, which I don't know from what you said.

Source
I think you might have forgotten STAB.

Since this is Overheat, I'm assuming Choice Specs on Volcarona. This will do 228-269 damage with 252 EV, 31 IV, and +Nature on 0 EV, 31 IV, =Nature Feraligatr. Feraligatr with 0 EV, 31 IV, =Nature has 280 max HP. However, poor IVs can detract from this severely. If you have poor SpDEF IVs, then the damage is higher.

If the Volcarona does not have Choice Specs, it will do 153-180 damage to the same Feraligatr.

edit Sorry, I used bP 120 instead of bP 140. The damage will be higher than what I've listed.

Give us the exact stats (just HP and SpDEF) of your Feraligatr and this will be a lot clearer.

Khaled Hosseini

Old June 6th, 2011 (08:12 PM).
Pokefan for life!! (:

Nature: Calm
I'm a little bit confused about EV's. It says that for every 4 EV points you gain from battle, you gain one point in that stat at lvl 100. Does that mean if you earn 4 EV points (lets say defense) on a pokemon lvl below 100, no stat change will occur until your pokemon turns lvl 100? I remember EV training my other pokemon and when I got the fourth EV point, my stat would go up one point, even if the pokemon was below lvl 100. But now, I was trying to EV train my Vaporeon for someone, for defense. It's lvl 23 right now, facing lvl 10 roggenrola which gives one defense. I got 8 EV's in defense, yet it hasn't budged from it's original 37 from lvling last time(was a +1). It even has Pokerus. Does it have to lvl for changes to occur (although that wasn't the case for my other pokemon) or what? I'm really confused, as you can see. Will anyone help a poor soul out please?

"Peace under an illusion is not true peace. It's only meaningful if the real world manages to accomplish it." - Gaara ♥

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)