Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page B W Quick Questions

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread

Old June 6th, 2011 (08:18 PM).
Novice Breeder

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by Brittani:
I'm a little bit confused about EV's. It says that for every 4 EV points you gain from battle, you gain one point in that stat at lvl 100. Does that mean if you earn 4 EV points (lets say defense) on a pokemon lvl below 100, no stat change will occur until your pokemon turns lvl 100? I remember EV training my other pokemon and when I got the fourth EV point, my stat would go up one point, even if the pokemon was below lvl 100. But now, I was trying to EV train my Vaporeon for someone, for defense. It's lvl 23 right now, facing lvl 10 roggenrola which gives one defense. I got 8 EV's in defense, yet it hasn't budged from it's original 37 from lvling last time(was a +1). It even has Pokerus. Does it have to lvl for changes to occur (although that wasn't the case for my other pokemon) or what? I'm really confused, as you can see. Will anyone help a poor soul out please?
Ev's will update at the end of each battle, or if the pokemon changes forms (like shaymin or giratina). When a pokemon levels, the EV's determine the +X stats they gain, so if you max out your vaporeon's def EV's (252) then every level or very close to that you'll gain +3 def, while you may or may not get +3 in def if its not maxed out.
When you have very low values of EV's the changes are quite minor, so its harder ot see the change. Plus at higher levels the changes become even more dramatic. I had a gardevoir with maxed EV's in SpA/SpD, and those stats on her were over quadruple all of her other stats at lvl 50-ish. So over time you'll see stronger values, while lower levels just don't have enough time to really show off the EV's.

Summary: lower levle pokemon only slightly show EV's in their stats, while higher levels change a ton. And ev's are calculated at the end of each battle, so you cna EV train lvl 100 pokemon.
Old June 6th, 2011 (09:22 PM).
ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!

Nature: Jolly
Hi everyone.

I just got Pokemon Black and i really dont know which pokemon thats good or bad to have. I have made it to the 5:th gym and i got six pokemon. Now i must ask if i got a good team or not. Which pokemon could i switch?

My Team: ( If u want to know more about my pokemon then just ask. )

1. Servine, Male, Lvl: 34 (Grass)

2. Unfezant, Male, Lvl: 33 (Normal, Flying)

3. Deerling, Male, Lvl: 32 (Normal, Grass)

4. Simipour, Male, Lvl: 32 (Water)

5. Excadrill, Male, Lvl: 32 (Ground, Steel)

6. Scraggy, Male, Lvl: 32 (Dark, Fight)
----------------------------------------------------------

Maybe i need a fire pokemon in my team? What do you think about my team?
Please leave some comments and feedback cause this is my first gameplay of the 5th generation.
Old June 6th, 2011 (09:33 PM).
Novice Breeder

Quote originally posted by WishCookie:
Hi everyone.

I just got Pokemon Black and i really dont know which pokemon thats good or bad to have. I have made it to the 5:th gym and i got six pokemon. Now i must ask if i got a good team or not. Which pokemon could i switch?

My Team: ( If u want to know more about my pokemon then just ask. )

1. Servine, Male, Lvl: 34 (Grass)

2. Unfezant, Male, Lvl: 33 (Normal, Flying)

3. Deerling, Male, Lvl: 32 (Normal, Grass)

4. Simipour, Male, Lvl: 32 (Water)

5. Excadrill, Male, Lvl: 32 (Ground, Steel)

6. Scraggy, Male, Lvl: 32 (Dark, Fight)
----------------------------------------------------------

Maybe i need a fire pokemon in my team? What do you think about my team?
Please leave some comments and feedback cause this is my first gameplay of the 5th generation.
Hmm I would recommend a fire type, perhaps litwik/lampent? That could replace your deerling is doubling up on both of his/her types.

Unless you plan on doing competitive battles, you don't really "need" to have a perfectly balanced team though. What you have is just fine for doing anything in game. :D
Old June 7th, 2011 (05:19 AM).
ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!

Quote originally posted by Molts:
Hmm I would recommend a fire type, perhaps litwik/lampent? That could replace your deerling is doubling up on both of his/her types.

Unless you plan on doing competitive battles, you don't really "need" to have a perfectly balanced team though. What you have is just fine for doing anything in game. :D
Do you have any good fire type that you could maybe trade?
Old June 7th, 2011 (05:24 AM).
let it go
Battle Server
BS
CS

Quote originally posted by WishCookie:
Do you have any good fire type that you could maybe trade?
Just so you know, this thread isn't for trading. :3 Instead, send a visitor message or a private message to the member, or alternatively, there's a trade section for trading as seen [ here. ]
Old June 7th, 2011 (05:24 AM).

Nature: Naughty
does the pokemon you send to the dream world affect the amount of points or interactioon in DW. for example would sending a lv2 lilipup have the same affect as a lv55 stoutland?
Old June 7th, 2011 (05:36 AM).
let it go
Battle Server
BS
CS

Quote originally posted by Skuntank:
does the pokemon you send to the dream world affect the amount of points or interactioon in DW. for example would sending a lv2 lilipup have the same affect as a lv55 stoutland?
Why not a Herdier?

Nope, the Pokemon you send in doesn't make a difference at all, though the actions you take within the DW, aka, watering, etc, make the difference.
Old June 7th, 2011 (06:09 PM).
Anthro. Yeah, I went there.

Quote originally posted by Bluemoon:
iS THERE A gts in pokemon Black and white?
Yes, there is. Its in all the Pokemon Centers. Talk to the lady on the right on the second floor.
Old June 8th, 2011 (05:24 AM).
NOM NOM NOM

Nature: Relaxed
where do you go to ask questions for dream world neighbours?

Good Bye Nintendo WiFi, you were fun. (my codes won't work anymore, so.... ya, hit me up on 3DS if you want dem trades.)
Old June 8th, 2011 (05:29 AM).
let it go
Battle Server
BS
CS

Quote originally posted by HaloSonic:
It...depends what you mean. This thread is where you ask questions, yes. By dream world neighbours you mean dream pals, yes? The best way to get dream pals is by (while you're in the DW) clicking "dream pal map" and clicking the name in the bottom right corner, it'll take you to their world, and then you just click dream pal request in the top corner of their world - and once they accept, they become your neighbour in a sense, easily accessible once you click on dream world map. The people you can visit are random, though.
Old June 8th, 2011 (07:31 AM).
8377 | Scorpaeniform

Quote originally posted by HaloSonic:
You go to their islands and you press the chat button in the upper right. It opens up a menu that has a list of preset questions you pick from. You can't write anything, so it's kind of useless.

Of course, that's not what you meant, is it?

"I want to tear myself from this place, from this reality, rise up like a cloud and float away, melt into this humid summer night and dissolve somewhere far, over the hills. But I am here, my legs blocks of concrete, my lungs empty of air, my throat burning. There will be no floating away."

Khaled Hosseini

→ Refresh for a different picture
→ White FC: Haruka 0347 0171 1756

whoever disabled my signature:
my signature is not even close to 300px tall.
i dont understand why it was disabled.
Old June 8th, 2011 (10:16 AM).

How are egg pokemon's IV's determined in pokemon Black/White? I ask because I have two "perfect pokemon" I would like to breed, what are the percentages the baby will have all 31's too?

PM me please
Old June 8th, 2011 (04:40 PM).

can somebody please tell me an average wait time to get into the the dream world id greatly aprreciate it.......................... because i got the Black the first day it came out an when i have time to go to the dream place i cant play becuase the loading thing is always at 0%......thanks in advance ........im waiting for this thing to load right now

**paired with your mom**
Old June 8th, 2011 (04:51 PM).
let it go
Battle Server
BS
CS

Quote originally posted by nm legend:
can somebody please tell me an average wait time to get into the the dream world id greatly aprreciate it.......................... because i got the Black the first day it came out an when i have time to go to the dream place i cant play becuase the loading thing is always at 0%......thanks in advance ........im waiting for this thing to load right now
Sounds like it's a flash issue (or really bad Internet). Upgrade your flash player and try again, make sure you're using a browser like safari or chrome too, 'cause later firefox versions could also cause that issue.

On a fast Internet speed it goes through the numbers really quickly and on slow it doesn't, but when it loads, you'll be able to tell because it'll progress from zero. XD
Old June 8th, 2011 (06:21 PM).
8377 | Scorpaeniform

I usually go from 0% straight to 53%, then 80-something and finally to 100%. Then it goes again for like three seconds and I'm in the Dream World.

"I want to tear myself from this place, from this reality, rise up like a cloud and float away, melt into this humid summer night and dissolve somewhere far, over the hills. But I am here, my legs blocks of concrete, my lungs empty of air, my throat burning. There will be no floating away."

Khaled Hosseini

Old June 9th, 2011 (05:59 PM).
We'll get to that tomorrow

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Nearsighted king of Ice Send a message via Yahoo to Nearsighted king of Ice
I Can't Log in To My Dreamworld/pokemon-gl account... see i have a Japanese Version of Pokemon White and i didn't have any Problems logging in before but now in the log in thing that Says "ID" every time I try to type a letter it won't display but when its a number it Gets display like when i press the Y key the letter Y won't display in the ID box but when I Press the 4 key you'll see number 4 there....

Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?

Black FC: 1592-5761-9212
Pokemon X FC: 2921-9174-9000
Old June 9th, 2011 (10:58 PM).
Novice Breeder

Something I've been thinking about, is there a great desire for EV'd pokemon only because of the time it takes to grind it out? When I feel like it I can EV train any pokemon in an hour or so, which doesn't seem like that much time, though I guess I can't judge on that considering I live a very relaxed life style.

If EV training was desired because of the time investment, is there also a very high demand of EV trained pokemon? In that if I grinding out an EV trained haxorus, what would it be normal to trade it for something like a shiny furret? Would the haxorus also need to be lvl 100 to be considered EV trained?

Perhaps a simpler question is, what does it mean when someone wants an EV'd pokemon? Just maxed EV's? Or maxed EV's and maxed level? Does it depend on the person trading? And is an actual EV trained pokemon valuable in common trades? Or are they for specialty trades where you only trade EV'd pokemon for other EV'd pokemon?
Old June 9th, 2011 (11:02 PM).
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Molts:
Something I've been thinking about, is there a great desire for EV'd pokemon only because of the time it takes to grind it out? When I feel like it I can EV train any pokemon in an hour or so, which doesn't seem like that much time, though I guess I can't judge on that considering I live a very relaxed life style.

If EV training was desired because of the time investment, is there also a very high demand of EV trained pokemon? In that if I grinding out an EV trained haxorus, what would it be normal to trade it for something like a shiny furret? Would the haxorus also need to be lvl 100 to be considered EV trained?

Perhaps a simpler question is, what does it mean when someone wants an EV'd pokemon? Just maxed EV's? Or maxed EV's and maxed level? Does it depend on the person trading? And is an actual EV trained pokemon valuable in common trades? Or are they for specialty trades where you only trade EV'd pokemon for other EV'd pokemon?
When people ask for an Ev'd Pokemon, they usually expect the Ev's to be right, I.e not just any old junk and also a good movesets, most people use the competitive battling movesets from Smogon. They're not really in high demand but people just collect them. If the Pokemon is really wanted then I guess a shiny Furret could be traded for it.
Old June 9th, 2011 (11:06 PM).
Novice Breeder

Quote originally posted by dragonomega:

When people ask for an Ev'd Pokemon, they usually expect the Ev's to be right, I.e not just any old junk and also a good movesets, most people use the competitive battling movesets from Smogon. They're not really in high demand but people just collect them. If the Pokemon is really wanted then I guess a shiny Furret could be traded for it.
So then its more of a convenience to have an EV'd pokemon that already has a moveset? Makes sense, but I was still curious to see if there was something more to it than just training them. XD Thanks.
Old June 10th, 2011 (12:24 AM).

I have recently been to the Dream World for the first time and met some older generation pokemon friends. But I only have 4 badges and I've heard that you don't get your national pokedex until you have beaten all 8 gym leaders. So what will happen if I try to import an old pokemon into the game when I don't have a pokedex that recognises it?
Old June 10th, 2011 (12:27 AM).
CoquettishCat
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by PiemasterUK:
I have recently been to the Dream World for the first time and met some older generation pokemon friends. But I only have 4 badges and I've heard that you don't get your national pokedex until you have beaten all 8 gym leaders. So what will happen if I try to import an old pokemon into the game when I don't have a pokedex that recognises it?
It shows up as a ??? number until you get the National Dex, that's all. You can still import them and use them in-game with no problems.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old June 10th, 2011 (04:54 AM).

Is there a list of released berries in DW? Or do they all already exist but you have to collect more points?

My trade thread (Gen IV)
Old June 10th, 2011 (05:22 AM).
8377 | Scorpaeniform

Quote originally posted by woaska:
Is there a list of released berries in DW? Or do they all already exist but you have to collect more points?
Most have been released, including HP healing, status healing, super-effective damage reducing, EV berries, etc.

But stat up berries haven't been released yet. Nor Enigma Berries, I think.

Khaled Hosseini

Old June 10th, 2011 (05:27 AM).
If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Silver Tier

Can anybody please explain me how to RNG shinies in B/W NO C GEAR SEED?
Old June 10th, 2011 (05:38 AM).
8377 | Scorpaeniform

Quote originally posted by pokewalker:
Can anybody please explain me how to RNG shinies in B/W NO C GEAR SEED?
The same way you RNG for IVs, but you switch your target to the PIDs that call for shininess.

Khaled Hosseini

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links